Free dental care offered to Veterans
The dental office of Drs. Travis Gillespie and Mary Brummett, 200 E. 30th Ave., will participate in Veterans Smile Day, providing free dental care to veterans on Nov. 8.
The free services include dental exams, cleanings, fillings, and tooth extractions.
Any veteran in the Hutchinson area needing dental care can call (620) 663-9133 for an appointment or visit https://www.hutchdental.com. An appointment is required for the free service.
Free Google digital marketing seminar inHutchinson
A valuable opportunity for business owners interested in learning how to expand their advertising reach will be coming to Hutchinson.
The Hutchinson News, McPherson Sentinel, The Newton Kansan, and ThriveHive digital marketing service, in partnership with Google, will host Put Your Business on Top, a digital marketing seminar from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Nov. 5 at the Cosmosphere.
The seminar will be led by a Google Certified Speaker who will share tips and tricks for using digital marketing to reach qualified customers, impact their purchase decisions, drive sales, and grow a business using online resources. Breakfast is provided during the seminar free of charge.
We will help business owners make strategic decisions about their marketing campaigns and ad spending, said Bob Musilek, Digital Director for Gatehouse Media. We can also help business owners with data insights into their unique audiences interests, habits, and what theyre actively planning to purchase.
The seminar also will include information on retargeting, which refers to re-engaging a potential customer who has visited a website in the past. Retargeting keeps a business fresh in the consumers mind and also builds confidence in a brand as ads for the company make repeat appearances.
Attendees will be able to ask questions about how to seek out new customers, as well as receive tips on how to stand out in a cluttered online marketplace.
They will also receive a free, no-obligation digital audit of their companys website, and business owners will be enrolled in a drawing for one of five certificates worth $500 of digital advertising on TheHutchiNews.com | TheMcPearsonSentinal.com | TheKansan.com.
Register today at hutchnews-events.com to reserve a spot or call (620) 694-5700, ext. 222 or 620-727-4045.
Great Bend Campus offers expert emergency care around the clock
GREAT BEND Even though they arent physically present in the Emergency Department at Great Bend Campus, specialty-trained physicians are now available to patients at all times.
The University of Kansas Health System Great Bend Campus recently became equipped with Avera eCARE. This telemedicine service means a physician trained in emergency medicine is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There is no extra charge to the patient for this service.
We now have access to Avera eCARE providers anytime day or night, said Mark Van Norden, DO, medical director of the Great Bend Campus Emergency Department. They dont have to be in-house to share their expertise.
Avera eCARE is most often used in cases of stroke, sepsis, cardiac events and trauma.
It can be used for any condition, but those four time-critical categories are the most common, noted Dr. Van Norden, who was an advisor during the preliminary work with Avera.
Avera eCARE physicians offer consultations in real-time and are virtually face-to-face with local providers via a television screen.
Avera eCARE offers one of the largest telehealth networks in the United States. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, it supports more than 380 healthcare facilities, clinics, long-term-care centers and corrections facilities in 14 states.
Veterans Day Dinner with the Doctors
NEWTON Newton Medical Center is inviting the public to a Veterans Day Dinner with the Doctor on Nov. 11.
Retired orthopedic surgeon Charles Craig, family medicine physician Spencer Duncan and OBGYN physician Jackson Sobbing will present on stem cell therapy and how it may affect chronic pain management. Attending veterans will also be honored during the presentation.
The dinner at Newton Medical Centers Sunflower Caf, 600 Medical Center Dr., starts at 5:30 p.m. and the presentation at 6 p.m. The cost is $7, though Veterans eat free. RSVP for dinner at (316) 804-6129.
LifeSave Transport and Salina Airport Authority host ribbon cutting
SALINA The Salina Airport Authority and LifeSave Transport, a ground and critical care air transport company, will be hosting a ribbon-cutting and open house from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursday at 2013 Kneubuhl Ct., Hangar #504 in Salina.
The ribbon-cutting is scheduled as a celebration of LifeSaves new hangar space and helicopter based out of Salina Regional Airport serving North Central Kansas.
The Salina Airport Authority has been working on hangar renovations to house LifeSaves Bell 206 helicopter and ready-alert crew. The $200,000 investment in improvements included a new fire sprinkler system and completely remodeled crew quarters. The 3:30 p.m. event in LifeSaves hangar will be accompanied by light hors d oeuvres and opportunities to visit with LifeSave and Salina Airport Authority staff.
The location of the new base comes as part of LifeSaves infrastructure plan supporting its new role as the Preferred Partner for The University of Kansas Health Systems Care Collaborative to increase service availability for member hospitals located in North Central Kansas.
The independently owned medical transport system founded by Kansas emergency physicians operates emergency transport aircraft in Dodge City, Emporia, Garden City, Liberal, Colby, and Salina, and in McCook, Nebraska, with ground transport vehicles in Wichita and Dodge City.
SBA seeks input on changes to its Export Loan Programs
WASHINGTON The U.S. Small Business Administration published an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that seeks comments on possible changes to the regulations governing its Export Loan Programs.
SBAs Export Loan Programs provide access to capital for U.S. small business concerns to support expansion into international markets and the growth of U.S. small business exports. SBA is soliciting comments on how the Agency can improve the products, procedures, forms, and reporting requirements of the Export Loan Programs.
Feedback will be used to modernize the Export Loan Programs, increase lender participation and usage, ensure that U.S. small businesses can finance their international sales, and increase U.S. small business exports.
The comment deadline is Nov. 18. To submit, visit: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/09/17/2019-20048/export-express-export-working-capital-and-international-trade-loan-programs.
To learn more about how the SBA supports U.S. small business exporters, visit https://www.sba.gov/offices/headquarters/oit.
Great Bend Walmart Supercenter remodel complete
GREAT BEND Great Bend residents got their first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenter, 3503 10th Street, during a grand reopening celebration Friday.
Headlining the remodel is the launch of a Pickup Tower.
Pickup Towers are 16-feet-tall and function like high-tech vending machines, capable of fulfilling a customers online order in less than a minute. To use the tower, customers choose from millions of items available on Walmart.com and select the Pickup option at checkout. When the item arrives at the local store, an associate loads it into the Pickup Tower, and the customer retrieves it by scanning a bar code sent to their smartphone. Customers will also enjoy the following store improvements:
State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays
New tool department with a new look and added variety of tools
Self-checkouts at the front of the store to save customers time
Updated apparel departments with new signage and fitting rooms
New layout and larger assortment in the Home department
Early dinner at Olive Garden
With the return to Standard Central Time on Nov. 3, Olive Garden is offering a way to enjoy dinner earlier and at a value.
On Monday through Thursday, from 3 to 5 p.m., Olive Garden will offer Early Dinner Duos the perfect cure for those adjusting to the time change. Guests may choose from over 50 combinations of popular favorites like Fettucine Alfredo and Chicken Parmigiana, paired with soup or salad and all the breadsticks that you want, starting at just $8.99.
Follow this link:
Business briefs - News - The Hutchinson News
- Must-Reads Of The Week From Brianna Labuskes - Kaiser Health News - December 6th, 2019
- Examining the ethics of embryonic stem cell research ... - December 3rd, 2019
- Stem of the problem | Columns | Journal Gazette - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - December 3rd, 2019
- 'Stem Cell' Clinics Offer Pain Relief, But Does It Work? - NBC Bay Area - November 21st, 2019
- Global cell therapy market is expected to grow with a healthy CAGR over the forecast period from 2019-2025 - PRNewswire - November 12th, 2019
- Canine Arthritis Treatment Market 2018 to Showing Impressive Growth by 2027 | Industry Trends, Share, Size, Top Key Players Analysis and Forecast... - November 12th, 2019
- BEYOND LOCAL: Expert recommends 'path of cautious optimism' about the future of stem cell treatment - CollingwoodToday - October 12th, 2019
- BEYOND LOCAL: Expert recommends 'path of cautious optimism' about the future of stem cell treatment - NewmarketToday.ca - October 10th, 2019
- Tech review: Apps that enhance cellphone battery performance - Newsday - October 10th, 2019
- Better solutions for the replacement of joints - SciTech Europa - September 28th, 2019
- Opinion: Kudos to Google for banning stem cell ads. Other tech companies should follow - Yahoo News - September 24th, 2019
- Google banned ads for stem cell treatments. Others should follow - STAT - September 24th, 2019
- Global Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Data Analysis, Growth, Demand & Forecast 2019-2024: VETSTEM BIOPHARMA, Cell Therapy Sciences, Regeneus,... - September 24th, 2019
- Global Stem Cell Cartilage Regeneration Market Size, Development Plans and Forecast to 2028 - Analytics News - September 24th, 2019
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrigs Disease) Treatment Market Size, Status and Growth Opportunities by 2016 2022 - Analytics News - September 24th, 2019
- 'Stem cell' therapies offered at private clinics need to ... - May 22nd, 2019
- FDA Mounts Aggressive Push to Regulate Stem-Cell Clinics ... - May 16th, 2019
- Private clinics peddling of unproven stem cell treatments ... - April 29th, 2019
- Stem cell clinics make big claims but offer little ... - April 1st, 2019
- UCLA UCI Alpha Stem Cell Clinic | UCLA Broad Stem Cell Center - April 1st, 2019
- Stem cell clinics sued | Regenerative Medicine Foundation - April 1st, 2019
- Patients fleeced by overseas stem cell clinics? Now it ... - April 1st, 2019
- Stem Cell Clinics - eureka - February 15th, 2019
- Mayo Clinic finds surprising results on first-ever test of ... - February 15th, 2019
- Stem Cell Transplant in Germany: Clinics, Cost, Price ... - February 15th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Chicago Illinois, Buffalo Grove ... - January 23rd, 2019
- Stem cell therapy: FDA investigates clinics offering ... - January 11th, 2019
- Stem cell market: Inside California's flourishing for ... - December 24th, 2018
- FDA Wants To Tighten The Screws On Stem Cell Clinics ... - December 24th, 2018
- Meet Our Doctors - Rejuva Stem Cell Clinic - December 24th, 2018
- What Stem Cell Clinics Do You Trust? | BioInformant - November 5th, 2018
- Stem cell laws - Wikipedia - October 17th, 2018
- FDA: Florida Stem Cell Clinic Violates Law | Health News Florida - September 15th, 2018
- Patients guide to treatments - The Niche - July 14th, 2018
- Adult Stem Cell Therapy in Utah Docere Clinics - October 18th, 2017
- At ClinicalTrials.Gov, Untested Stem Cell Clinics ... - October 13th, 2017
- Stem Cell Therapy and Its Revolutionary Purposes Guardian ... - Guardian Liberty Voice - September 4th, 2017
- Canadian clinics begin offering stem-cell treatments ... - September 3rd, 2017
- FDA cracks down on clinics selling unproven stem cell therapies - Gears Of Biz - September 3rd, 2017
- FDA to crack down on 'unscrupulous' stem cell clinics ... - August 31st, 2017
- FDA cracks on clinics using unapproved stem cell treatments - Pulse Headlines - August 29th, 2017
- FDA cracks down on clinics selling unapproved stem cell therapies - CBS News - August 29th, 2017
- Stem cell treatment potential in Canada - IMTJ - August 20th, 2017
- Dozens of US clinics sell unproven stem cell therapies for heart failure - Fox News - July 30th, 2017
- Broomfield's Regenexx in merger with Iowa company - Longmont Times-Call - July 12th, 2017
- North Central Texas Stem Cell Clinics in conjunction ... - July 9th, 2017
- Private clinics' peddling of unproven stem cell treatments is unsafe and unethical - Medical Xpress - July 8th, 2017
- Stem Cell Therapy - Cendant Cellular Therapies - Denver ... - November 30th, 2016
- Stem Cell Clinics Questions to Ask - National Multiple ... - September 23rd, 2016
- CIRM Alpha Stem Cell Clinic - UCSD Stem Cell Program - September 18th, 2016
- Treatment Abroad | Canadian Stem Cell Foundation - September 18th, 2016
- Hundreds of U.S. clinics are selling unapproved stem cell ... - August 31st, 2016
- First stem cell treatment for human administered in Atlanta ... - August 20th, 2016
- Stem Cell Clinics : National Multiple Sclerosis Society - September 29th, 2015
- Adult Stem Cell Banks and Clinics Marketing Stem Cell ... - September 25th, 2015
- Stem cell clinics, FDA, and giant, unapproved for-profit ... - September 25th, 2015
- Predatory stem cell clinics are winning the war; what can ... - September 22nd, 2015
- Stem Cell Therapy Clinics In Canada | Stem Cell Medical ... - August 2nd, 2015
- Stem Cell Clinics List | Stem Cells Freak - May 30th, 2015