Stem cell therapy is reaching another stage in the healthcare world by offering hope through revolutionary solutions to complex diseases. However, with progress come controversy.
Part of the debate lies in the disbelief stem cell therapy is as revolutionary asresearchers claim. The forerunners of this therapy want to replace the current treatment of Alzheimers, and cancer. There are even biotech scientists who claim experiments have shown promisebringing thebrain dead back to life, although, nothing concrete has been published.
Supporting scientists of the therapy have solid evidence thatevery disease originatesin specific cells. It is key to work with cells to find a potential cure for any illness. The first cell of a human is the stem cell; a pluripotent cell is a component of life and capable of replicating any other cell in the body. In fact, every cell in the human body comes from this cell. Pluripotent cellsare found in embryos or created from other cells making the process expensive.
With a cell capable of transforming into others, lab developers hope to find simple solutions to complexproblems. Alzheimers disease is the deteriorationof the brain cells (neurons), causingthem to die. Scientists can reverse thisby administrating stem cells into the brain to create new neurons, according to stem cell therapy supporters.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is becoming the fiercest enemy of stem cell therapy. Recently, theagency sanctioned clinics that useunapproved therapies. They seizedvials of the smallpox vaccinefrom some clinics. The FDA attacked them for not having enough proof of their practices. Somehow, the FDA is right to think this way because of the public silence of the therapys developers. People need more information about the treatment and general development.
The medical gesture of health and procedures, as well asdiagnosis, is based on scientific and proven knowledge. Contrary to the aforementioned therapy, there is a long list of publishing in medicine. It is certain that there are professionals working on stem cells, but the mistrust is justified.
Whether the therapy is legit, trustworthy, or efficient, ithas a bright future. The need forlargeamounts of money to fund theproject is undeniable. Big relevant companies, such as CSL Behringare investing moneyto accelerate the growth of the therapy.
A new groundbreaking technique is being tested that couldbring brain dead patients back to life. People who cannot live without a machine. Specialists say it is impossible to reverse that kind of damage, but stem cells therapy offersa new alternative.
People notice how much power the stem cell industry has right now. Even if individualsdo not have the legal backing, they enjoy the advocacy of powerful individuals. It is sane to remember that the major scientific progress made in history was due to experimentation. Is better if it sounds impossible to accomplishbecause it can prove the human greatness to fight against something as natural as death.
Opinion News by Gian Torres Edited Jeanette Smith
CBS NEWS:FDA cracks down on clinics selling unapproved stem cell therapies BioPharma:CSL adding scalable stem cell gene therapy tech in $91m Calimmune buy Wall Street Pit:Brain Dead Patients Could Be Brought Back to Life in Groundbreaking Stem Cell Therapy
Featured and Top Image Courtesy of Berkshire Community College Open Bioscience Image Librarys Flickr Page Creative Commons License
alzheimers, FDA, spot, stem cell, Stem-cell Therapy, treatments
See the article here:
Stem Cell Therapy and Its Revolutionary Purposes Guardian ... - Guardian Liberty Voice
- Business briefs - News - The Hutchinson News - November 3rd, 2019
- BEYOND LOCAL: Expert recommends 'path of cautious optimism' about the future of stem cell treatment - CollingwoodToday - October 12th, 2019
- BEYOND LOCAL: Expert recommends 'path of cautious optimism' about the future of stem cell treatment - NewmarketToday.ca - October 10th, 2019
- Tech review: Apps that enhance cellphone battery performance - Newsday - October 10th, 2019
- Better solutions for the replacement of joints - SciTech Europa - September 28th, 2019
- Opinion: Kudos to Google for banning stem cell ads. Other tech companies should follow - Yahoo News - September 24th, 2019
- Google banned ads for stem cell treatments. Others should follow - STAT - September 24th, 2019
- Global Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Data Analysis, Growth, Demand & Forecast 2019-2024: VETSTEM BIOPHARMA, Cell Therapy Sciences, Regeneus,... - September 24th, 2019
- Global Stem Cell Cartilage Regeneration Market Size, Development Plans and Forecast to 2028 - Analytics News - September 24th, 2019
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrigs Disease) Treatment Market Size, Status and Growth Opportunities by 2016 2022 - Analytics News - September 24th, 2019
- 'Stem cell' therapies offered at private clinics need to ... - May 22nd, 2019
- FDA Mounts Aggressive Push to Regulate Stem-Cell Clinics ... - May 16th, 2019
- FDA cracks down on stem cell clinics - CNN - April 29th, 2019
- Private clinics peddling of unproven stem cell treatments ... - April 29th, 2019
- Stem cell clinics make big claims but offer little ... - April 1st, 2019
- UCLA UCI Alpha Stem Cell Clinic | UCLA Broad Stem Cell Center - April 1st, 2019
- Stem cell clinics sued | Regenerative Medicine Foundation - April 1st, 2019
- Patients fleeced by overseas stem cell clinics? Now it ... - April 1st, 2019
- Stem Cell Clinics - eureka - February 15th, 2019
- Mayo Clinic finds surprising results on first-ever test of ... - February 15th, 2019
- Stem Cell Transplant in Germany: Clinics, Cost, Price ... - February 15th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Chicago Illinois, Buffalo Grove ... - January 23rd, 2019
- Stem cell therapy: FDA investigates clinics offering ... - January 11th, 2019
- Stem cell market: Inside California's flourishing for ... - December 24th, 2018
- FDA Wants To Tighten The Screws On Stem Cell Clinics ... - December 24th, 2018
- Meet Our Doctors - Rejuva Stem Cell Clinic - December 24th, 2018
- What Stem Cell Clinics Do You Trust? | BioInformant - November 5th, 2018
- Stem cell laws - Wikipedia - October 17th, 2018
- FDA: Florida Stem Cell Clinic Violates Law | Health News Florida - September 15th, 2018
- Patients guide to treatments - The Niche - July 14th, 2018
- Adult Stem Cell Therapy in Utah Docere Clinics - October 18th, 2017
- At ClinicalTrials.Gov, Untested Stem Cell Clinics ... - October 13th, 2017
- Canadian clinics begin offering stem-cell treatments ... - September 3rd, 2017
- FDA cracks down on clinics selling unproven stem cell therapies - Gears Of Biz - September 3rd, 2017
- FDA to crack down on 'unscrupulous' stem cell clinics ... - August 31st, 2017
- FDA cracks on clinics using unapproved stem cell treatments - Pulse Headlines - August 29th, 2017
- FDA cracks down on clinics selling unapproved stem cell therapies - CBS News - August 29th, 2017
- Stem cell treatment potential in Canada - IMTJ - August 20th, 2017
- Dozens of US clinics sell unproven stem cell therapies for heart failure - Fox News - July 30th, 2017
- Broomfield's Regenexx in merger with Iowa company - Longmont Times-Call - July 12th, 2017
- North Central Texas Stem Cell Clinics in conjunction ... - July 9th, 2017
- Private clinics' peddling of unproven stem cell treatments is unsafe and unethical - Medical Xpress - July 8th, 2017
- Stem Cell Therapy - Cendant Cellular Therapies - Denver ... - November 30th, 2016
- Stem Cell Clinics Questions to Ask - National Multiple ... - September 23rd, 2016
- CIRM Alpha Stem Cell Clinic - UCSD Stem Cell Program - September 18th, 2016
- Treatment Abroad | Canadian Stem Cell Foundation - September 18th, 2016
- Hundreds of U.S. clinics are selling unapproved stem cell ... - August 31st, 2016
- First stem cell treatment for human administered in Atlanta ... - August 20th, 2016
- Stem Cell Clinics : National Multiple Sclerosis Society - September 29th, 2015
- Adult Stem Cell Banks and Clinics Marketing Stem Cell ... - September 25th, 2015
- Stem cell clinics, FDA, and giant, unapproved for-profit ... - September 25th, 2015
- Predatory stem cell clinics are winning the war; what can ... - September 22nd, 2015
- Stem Cell Therapy Clinics In Canada | Stem Cell Medical ... - August 2nd, 2015
- Stem Cell Clinics List | Stem Cells Freak - May 30th, 2015