0 of 5
The late-season surge is a fairly common phenomenon in the NBA. Sometimes, it just takes players a couple of months to get healthy, find their rhythm or otherwise settle into a season.
Take Donovan Mitchell in 2018-19, for example.
While battling a toe injury through December, he posted 20.1 points with a 46.4 effective field-goal percentage and an 11.7 average game score.
On Dec. 31, he tweeted, "New year, new me."
In every game after that, he put up 26.5 points with a 51.2 effective field-goal percentage and a 17.6 game score.
The jump isn't always as dramatic as Mitchell's leap from inefficient volume scorer to bona fide superstar, but these stories happen every year.
Which players might pull it off in 2019-20?
1 of 5
One thing Kyle Kuzma has shown in his young career is that he can score. It came on below-average true shooting, but he averaged 18.7 points per game for a losing team last season.
He just hasn't been able to show much of that scoring prowess for a team that includes Anthony Davis and LeBron James in 2019-20. He's more than perked up in AD's absence, dropping 62 points on 46 field-goal attempts in two games.
Perhaps this run without Davis will serve as a jolt for Kuzma's confidence. He's been in trade rumors already this season, but if he can play with this kind of purpose for the rest of the season, he may be exactly the kind of spark the team needs in LeBron-less minutes.
It's been a rough go for RJ Barrett in the NBA. There's no getting around that.His 13.8 points with a 45.9 true shooting percentage makes him one of the least efficient scorers in the league.
Every once in a while, though, you see the outline of the player who made some sense as the third overall pick. He has solid size (6'6") and playmaking ability for a wing. In theory, he should provide some switchability on defense. Reality has looked a little different.
But there have been signs of life of late. In his last five games, Barrett is averaging 18.4 points per game and shooting 47.7 percent from the field. Perhaps most encouraging is his 77.1 free-throw percentage in that span. Prior to that, he was at just 55.4 percent from the stripe.
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Jaren Jackson Jr. is already having a good season, averaging 18.0 points and 2.7 threes and shooting 41.6 percent from three.
He can still break out.
Averages of 4.9 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.4 blocks all feel a little low for a player of his talent. If Jackson starts making more wide-ranging contributions for the Grizzlies, they should be able to hang in the race for eighth in the West.
Lauri Markkanen's points, rebounds and three-point percentage are all down this season. Thanks to a big jump in three-point attempt rate, his true shooting percentage is actually up, but this certainlyfeelslike an off year for the 22-year-old stretch big.
He's already shown the ability to do more. Combining last season's aggressiveness with this season's shot selection would do wonders for both Markkanen and the Chicago Bulls, who still have a 14 percent chance to make the playoffs, according to FiveThirtyEight.
2 of 5
It's been nearly two years since Kristaps Porzingis tore his ACL as a New York Knick on Feb. 6, 2018. After spending all of 2018-19 rehabbing, he finally returned to NBA action on a new team and with a radically different role.
His slow start with the Dallas Mavericks makes plenty of sense in that context. He's averaging 17.3 points per game, his lowest output since his 2015-16 rookie campaign. He's also posting a negative net rating swing (meaning the Mavericks' plus/minus is better with him off the floor) for the first time in his career.
He's essentially been a floor-spacer for Luka Doncic this season, but the bigger culprit for his struggles may still be health. He's now experiencing soreness in his other knee.
ESPN's Tim MacMahon reported that KP had "...platelet-rich-plasma injection as part of the treatment for the soreness in his right knee..."
"The Mavs commonly use PRP injections to stimulate or assist healing and address symptoms such as pain in a variety of injuries, a source said, adding that the team occasionally uses it as part of preventative maintenance," he wrote. "The injections use elements of the patient's own blood, not medicine."
If the injections eliminate, or at least make manageable, the soreness in Porzingis' knee, expect an uptick in production over the second half of the season.
He's now had a few months to adapt to his role and NBA basketball generally. His new, smarter shot selection should help. He just has to start hitting those shots he's capable of hitting.
3 of 5
As was the case with Jaren Jackson Jr., putting Ben Simmons in this article almost feels nitpicky.
He's averaging a well-rounded 14.9 points, 8.5 assists, 7.5 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game. That last number leads the league, but the first one is a career-low.
Being part of a lineup that includes Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, Josh Richardson and Al Horford probably necessitates a decrease in scoring from Simmons. And over the course of his career, the Philadelphia 76ers have been more likely to win when he takes fewer than 15 shots.
But Embiid's absence with ligament damage in his finger should force a little more aggression from Simmons. And though Embiid isn't expected to be out long, maybe this stretch will be the catalyst for Simmons to take a little more ownership over lineups thatdo include the big man.
That, in turn, could lead to a bounce back in the scoring column for Philly's do-everything point forward.
"Absolutely," ESPN's Jalen Rose said onGet Up!when asked whether Simmons might be better off with Embiid off the floor.
It will give him a chance to orchestrate every possession, get out and run and spend more time in his comfort zone at the rim.
4 of 5
It feels a little late in Mike Conley's career to be expecting a breakout. After 12 seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies, his inability to hit shots with the Utah Jazz might be easier to see as the beginning of the end than growing pains.
But this is a pretty dramatic change for a point guard who has had total command of his team's offenses over recent years. In Utah, Quin Snyder's 1s spend more time off the ball than most around the league, and the offense features plenty of complex actions and unique terminology.
"I think you need a Ph.D. to play here," Conley said earlier this season, per KSL's Ryan Miller. "They didn't tell us that before we came."
The veteran guard explained further:"It's not so much the plays. It's just a lot of terminology, a lot of things that are different words than most of the rest of the NBA, which is great once you learn them all. Nobody really knows what you're saying because you are speaking a foreign language than the rest of the leaguewhich is brilliant."
Perhaps Conley's extended absence with a lingering hamstring injury could end up being a blessing in disguise. It came right as the Jazz's schedule got significantly easier. And sometimes, observing everything from the sideline can be as instructive as trying to run the plays yourself.
Equipped with healthy legs and a deeper understanding of Utah's system, Conley should be able to produce numbers closer to his career norms when he returns to the lineup.
5 of 5
This one feels obvious. Zion Williamson, the No. 1 pick in this summer's NBA draft, hasn't played a single game in 2019-20. But after seeing what he did in the preseason, it's hard to imagine anything from his return feeling like less than a breakout.
Williamson got seemingly whatever he wanted in those four exhibition games.He averaged 23.3 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.5 steals in just 27.2 minutes. He also shot an absurd 71.4 percent from the field.
All the traits that led to Williamson having one of the greatest seasons in college basketball history were on brilliant display when he suited up for the New Orleans Pelicans. The strength, explosiveness, ball-handling and feel for the game that allowed him to exploit cutting lanes and rebounding opportunities makes for what looks like an unparalleled combination.
His potential January return feels like almost perfect timing (having him all season, of course, would've been preferable).
The Pelicans have been solid since Derrick Favors' return from injury and currently sport a 40 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to FiveThirtyEight's projections.
If Zion is fully healthy, his fit alongside Favors makes plenty of sense. His talent should offer a significant boost to New Orleans' playoff prospects.
If he leads the Pels there, he'll surely be one of the stars of 2020.
Originally posted here:
NBA Stars Most Ready to Break out in Season's 2nd Half - Bleacher Report
- Vampire Facial 2021: My Before and After Pics of PRP Microneedling - Cosmopolitan - August 5th, 2021
- Treatment of Keloids Using PSR Combined with Radiation. | CCID - Dove Medical Press - August 5th, 2021
- Case study: Use of platelet-rich plasma and bone marrow ... - July 7th, 2021
- The PRP Alternative to Knee and Other Surgeries - Sahuarita Sun - February 19th, 2021
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market: Applications, Business Trends by Size 2021: Growth Statistics and Key Players Insights by Types, and Development Analysis... - February 19th, 2021
- Coping With Cancer Treatment's Effects on Skin - Curetoday.com - February 19th, 2021
- Ricki Lake Opens Up About Her Stunning Hair Transformation and How Sex Is the Best Anti-Ager - NewBeauty Magazine - January 31st, 2021
- Why Hair Goes Gray, and How to Cover It If You Want To - NewBeauty Magazine - January 31st, 2021
- The 9 Best Hair Growth Products That Work, According to Dermatologists - PureWow - January 23rd, 2021
- Dr. Teresa Cody Offers Solution For Health And Wellness In 2021 - Press Release - Digital Journal - January 23rd, 2021
- Dr. Maro: Swim, PRP and physical therapies highlight pet health successes in 2020 - The Times - December 31st, 2020
- Will Insurance Cover Knee Surgery and Alternative Treatments? - Green Valley News - December 31st, 2020
- I tried the infamous Vampire Facial - image.ie - December 31st, 2020
- 3 business updates to know on Williams Field Road in Gilbert - Community Impact Newspaper - December 31st, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: Purpose & Effectiveness - December 21st, 2020
- Business beat - The Spokesman-Review - December 21st, 2020
- Global Platelet Rich Plasma Market Recent Trends and Developments, Challenges and Opportunities, key drivers and Restraints over the Forecast Period... - December 18th, 2020
- Walking The Tight Rope With Dinelson Lamet | RotoGraphs Fantasy Baseball - fangraphs.com - December 18th, 2020
- Insiders Advice: Prevent Shoulder Surgery With These 5 Options (12/17/20) - Southeast Missourian - December 18th, 2020
- Facts you should know about Osteoarthritis - The New Indian Express - December 18th, 2020
- Garrett Richards is the epitome of a risk-reward free agent - Bless You Boys - December 18th, 2020
- Las Vegas woman allegedly held 'vampire facial' parties while posing as nurse - New York Post - December 1st, 2020
- PRP vs Corticosteroid Injections Which is the Ultimate Solution - Farmington, CT - Patch.com - November 24th, 2020
- What is Osteoarthritis and what are the symptoms? - Monitor - November 24th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma in Patients with Partial Thickness Rotator Cuff Tears or Tendinopathy Leads to Significantly Improved Short-Term Pain Relief and... - November 9th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market Outlook 2020 Scope and Business Growth Overview by Regions, Latest Trends, and Opportunities Forecast to 2024 - The Daily... - November 9th, 2020
- Platelet-rich Plasma Market To Witness the Highest Growth Globally in Coming Years 2020-2025 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 9th, 2020
- Wrist Pain: Causes and Available Treatment Options - Lifesly.com - October 30th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market Analysis 2020 Growth Prospects and Future Scenario of Industry Size and Share and Market Insights Forecast to 2024 -... - October 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market Trend, Growth, COVID-19 Impact, Current Industry Figures and Forecast 2026 -... - October 28th, 2020
- Accident & Injury Solutions Is the Place to Throw Light on Regenerative Medicine in Mesa and Phoenix, Arizona - Press Release - Digital Journal - October 21st, 2020
- Kim Kardashians changing face as she hits 40 and why shes probably about to reach for the Botox - The Sun - October 21st, 2020
- Laugh Lines Are Totally Normal How To Ease Them Sans Injections - mindbodygreen.com - October 17th, 2020
- PRP injections Treatment for Knee - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - October 15th, 2020
- Everything you need to know about the Kim Kardashian vampire facial - Emirates Woman - October 10th, 2020
- Interventional Pain Management Specialist Dr. Kaliq Chang with Atlantic Spine Center offers tips on emerging treatment using your body's own cells -... - October 10th, 2020
- Why some COVID-19 survivors are losing their hair - 13WMAZ.com - October 7th, 2020
- A Painless Future Provides the Incentive Behind Cytonics - InvestorPlace - October 7th, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market Top Manufactures, Regions, Trends, Breakdown, Types, Applications, Market Size and Forecasts 2020-2027 - Crypto Daily - October 7th, 2020
- Tendinitis Treatment Market 2020 Global Growth Rate by Recent Developments, Market Trends, Size, Share and Latest Technology, Forecast Research Report... - October 7th, 2020
- Love Island's Jack Fincham unveils epic weight transformation amid boxing return - Mirror Online - September 22nd, 2020
- Could platelet-rich plasma therapy be the answer to your hair loss? - VOGUE India - September 21st, 2020
- A passion for taking care of Steamboat's active patients - Steamboat Pilot and Today - September 21st, 2020
- A passion for taking care of Steamboat's active patients - Sky Hi News - September 19th, 2020
- Dr. Andreas Sauerbrey: The right orthopaedic diagnosis is essential to proper care - Steamboat Pilot and Today - September 14th, 2020
- Dr. Andreas Sauerbrey: The right orthopaedic diagnosis is essential to proper care - Sky Hi News - September 12th, 2020
- How Dr. Frank Roach Succeeded in the Field of Dentistry - Press Release - Digital Journal - September 12th, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market is Thriving Worldwide 2020 | Trends, Growth and Profit Analysis, Forecast by 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - September 10th, 2020
- Male Pattern Baldness gets longer effect QR678 therapy, more effective than Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP): Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology Published... - September 8th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market: New Investment Opportunities Emerge to Augment Segments in Sector by 2026 - The... - September 4th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market 2020: Share Value Analysis of Top Key Players, Global Size, Consumption Analysis, Trends Forecast to 2024 | Industry... - September 4th, 2020
- New orthopedic provider joins team in Big Rapids - The Pioneer - September 4th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market Research Study 2020 Insights with COVID-19 Impact Analysis by 2020Orange... - August 31st, 2020
- Platelet rich plasma and thicker hair | Empty Nest - NorthFulton.com - August 31st, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market Size 2020 | Covid 19 Impact Analysis | Global Industry Trends, Growth, Share, Size and Forecast - StartupNG - August 31st, 2020
- Porzingis hoping to play again this season if Mavs can get past Clippers - The Official Home of the Dallas Mavericks - Mavs.com - August 31st, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market Size By Product Analysis, By Application, By End-Users, By Regional Outlook, By Top Companies and Forecast to 2027 -... - August 22nd, 2020
- When your hair falls off and leaves scars - The Star, Kenya - August 22nd, 2020
- PRP versus Hyaluronic Acid Injections for Knee OA: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis - DocWire News - August 15th, 2020
- Lowrie to have injections for knee pain relief - MLB.com - August 15th, 2020
- Yes, People Are Reportedly Losing Hair Due to Stress From the Pandemic - POPSUGAR - August 15th, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market 2020-2028 Covid-19 Updates With Key Players Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Bioventus - Owned - August 9th, 2020
- Another Nice Thing We Can't Have in 2020: Shohei Ohtani's Pitching - FanGraphs - August 5th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market: Extensive Analysis of Key Segments of the Industry and Emerging Growth Factors... - August 3rd, 2020
- PRP Platelet-Rich Plasma | Florida Sports and Family ... - August 2nd, 2020
- Rockies vs. Athletics - Game Recap - July 28, 2020 - ESPN - August 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market 2020 COVID-19 Impact on Industry Size, Share, Company Profiles, Emerging... - July 29th, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Specialist - Farmington, NM ... - July 29th, 2020
- A & # 39; s slam Angels in the first MLB game with a new additional entry rule - NewsDio - July 26th, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma |Therapy (PRP) Everything You Need to ... - July 26th, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: Why is the offense cold? Who is the Opening Day second baseman? - Chico Enterprise-Record - July 23rd, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Lip Augmentation Market Trends, Growth Insights, Share Estimation, Size Projection and Industry Dynamics By 2023 - Reported Times - July 23rd, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: why is the offense cold? - The Mercury News - July 22nd, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: why is the offense cold? - Oroville Mercury-Register - July 22nd, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: why is the offense cold? - Woodland Daily Democrat - July 22nd, 2020
- What is Trending in Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market? What are the Strategies to Boost Business in Near Years? -... - July 21st, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma for the Knee: Does It Work? - July 21st, 2020
- Tendinitis Treatment Market Overview By Growing Demands, Trends And Business Opportunities 2020 To 2027 - Jewish Life News - July 20th, 2020
- Living Well: PRP: A Promising Treatment - The Daily Progress - July 19th, 2020
- What Are the Different Types of Knee Injections? Pain Management - MedicineNet - July 16th, 2020