This revolutionary treatment, which accelerates all kinds of healing, is now a favorite among vets for treating our beloved canine friends. It not just heals, but in many cases it revolutionizes how older dogs live their life. If youre an advocate for less invasive, safer, often less costly but effective, alternative treatment options, Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections are one of the rare kinds of treatment that fits the bill.
Treating dogs suffering with injuries to muscle, bone, or tendons has been by using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections has been shown to have a beneficial effect on recovery times, and the quality of the recovery.
Studies have shown that PRP promotes:
Two studies, one published in 2011 and 2013 by the US National Library of Medicine (NCIB) and the Journal of Surgical Research (JSR) respectively, demonstrate the beneficial therapeutic effects of PRP when administered to dogs with musculoskeletal injuries.
The 2011 study set out to report on the concentration of blood cells and growth factors in the animals used in the study. They sampled the blood cell density in untreated dogs and compared it to that of dogs that had received PRP. They also compared a number of growth factors between dogs that had been given PRP treatments and those that had not. They found that platelet counts in the treated animals were higher than they were in non-treated animals. Not all growth factors were found to have increased. Two sets of growth factors remained the same in the test and control populations. Despite the lack of change in a few growth factors, others showed a significant increase and the overall improvement to the therapeutic outcome had improved for the test animal population.
In the 2013 study, similar methods were used except two extra test groups were added; a control group where saline was added to the PHP solution, and a fourth group in which a random distribution of young and old beagles were tested. The results of this study brought the researchers to conclude that PRP alters the expression of certain targeted genes during the early stages of graft remodeling and that the platelet rich plasma can promote reinnervation and revascularization. They believe this explains the beneficial enhancement effect of PRP on graft maturation.
A study by Jeff Mayo DVM, Veterinary Medical Director of Ingeneron Inc. reports that his organization has been running studies on the effects of PRP on dogs. He says their studies have shown that they have proven that PRP is a safe and natural method to relieve the pain of injury or joint disease, promote healing and accelerate recovery time using the animals own blood. As a result of these findings, the Mobile Veterinary Surgical Services Serving of Seattle, WA are now confidently offering PRP treatments to the public in cases where the treatment is indicated.
The 2011 study mentioned above has been cited as conclusive evidence that that inflammation is reduced by PRP injection treatments and that enhanced healing results.
The KIM group (Kindred-Canines in Motion) reported in 2012 that PRP injections are safe and effective for most animals. KIM is now actively scheduling evaluations for possible candidates for PRP treatment of;
Further studies have found that PRP can be combined with Cold Laser therapies for even better cellular regeneration. In fact, they are complementary and synergistic. A research project published in Lasers Medical Science concluded that the deposition of collagen type I (a major contributing factor in regeneration) was higher when treatment with PRP and a Class 4 Cold Laser were combined, promoting an even faster rate of regeneration in the affected tissues.
And it looks like not all veterinary doctors are trained and equipped to use PRP treatments and Cold Laser therapy. As a result, owners who want their dogs to receive these treatments must go great lengths to seek out experienced practitioners. Fortunately, the awareness of these leading-edge treatments are spreading fast. Vets like Dr. R. Kraemer, who practices in orange county California and runs Vet4Bulldog.com, has expanded his offer for this groundbreaking combination to pet owners from anywhere in the State of California.
This combination works exceptionally well for joints and ligament healing which is a boon for older dogs. They are particularly affected by osteoarthritis and hence are badly in need for a combination treatment like this.
How laser therapy works Cold laser therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses coherent light to induce cellular regeneration and improve circulation. The infrared laser light interacts with tissues at the cellular level.
Benefits of the combination treatment Cold Laser treatment increases cellular energy (ATP) to trigger an increase in cellular function, and health. Its light based and when it comes in contact with the cell, metabolic activity increases. Hence the improvement in the mobility of nutrients across cell membranes. Which means your pet gets healthier faster than ever.
Is PRP and Laser Combination Right for Your Dog? First of all, both PRP and Laser are noninvasive procedures. One uses growth factors in blood and the other uses light to stimulate cell regeneration and increase blood circulation. There isnt any other perfect combination of treatments that I can think of.
Almost Zero Downtime Both treatments may leave with soreness or inflammation, the typical side-effects of any injection/laser treatments. Under normal circumstances they are minor and will go away without any intervention. However, if symptoms are intense, icing the treatment area for 15 minutes 2-3 times a day for the first few days will help ease the pain and inflammation. Elderly animals and those with unusual conditions may require longer recovery times and closer attention.
Vets whove tried these report, that in most cases the results are almost instantaneous (as in obvious from day 1.) And as high as 80% of the animal patients treated with PRP have a noticeable improvement in their mobility within fewer than 10 days. Pets can resume normal activity in under a week: but may need recovery and rehabilitation therapies tailored to its condition, age, temperament, goals, and abilities.
As far as precautions are concerned, there isnt any to worry about. Except that for PRP, the animal patient needs to be off Anti-inflammatory medication at least a week prior to the treatment. Other than that, PRP comes with very few side effects. The same is the case for cold Laser therapy: zero known side effects. That is other than the obvious contraindications. Animals with any of the following conditions should not receive Cold Laser treatment.
PRP improves the quality of a dogs life as well as the life of its owner. Older dogs and dogs with osteoarthritis can benefit tremendously from PRP as it is a low-intensity treatment.
With emerging knowledge of the positive effects on the health and well-being PRP and Cold Laser treatments have on our animals, the only things standing between many dogs and better health is a lack of public awareness and the availability of these treatments.
Although these treatments look simple and easy to the untrained eye, theres more to it than what meets the eye. Experience counts. Proper training is a requirement. You dont want your vet to practice these treatments on your pet. So do your due diligence. Ask your vet if he/she does these treatments on a regular basis.
One of the things you need to clearly verify with your vet is the number of treatments required. Depending on the condition of your pet, your vet may prescribe 3-5 treatments. And thats perfectly okay. Because weve seen that repeated treatments often produce better results.
Also ask if theyll use sedatives.
- The PRP Alternative to Knee and Other Surgeries - Sahuarita Sun - February 19th, 2021
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market: Applications, Business Trends by Size 2021: Growth Statistics and Key Players Insights by Types, and Development Analysis... - February 19th, 2021
- Coping With Cancer Treatment's Effects on Skin - Curetoday.com - February 19th, 2021
- Ricki Lake Opens Up About Her Stunning Hair Transformation and How Sex Is the Best Anti-Ager - NewBeauty Magazine - January 31st, 2021
- Why Hair Goes Gray, and How to Cover It If You Want To - NewBeauty Magazine - January 31st, 2021
- The 9 Best Hair Growth Products That Work, According to Dermatologists - PureWow - January 23rd, 2021
- Dr. Teresa Cody Offers Solution For Health And Wellness In 2021 - Press Release - Digital Journal - January 23rd, 2021
- Dr. Maro: Swim, PRP and physical therapies highlight pet health successes in 2020 - The Times - December 31st, 2020
- Will Insurance Cover Knee Surgery and Alternative Treatments? - Green Valley News - December 31st, 2020
- I tried the infamous Vampire Facial - image.ie - December 31st, 2020
- 3 business updates to know on Williams Field Road in Gilbert - Community Impact Newspaper - December 31st, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: Purpose & Effectiveness - December 21st, 2020
- Business beat - The Spokesman-Review - December 21st, 2020
- Global Platelet Rich Plasma Market Recent Trends and Developments, Challenges and Opportunities, key drivers and Restraints over the Forecast Period... - December 18th, 2020
- Walking The Tight Rope With Dinelson Lamet | RotoGraphs Fantasy Baseball - fangraphs.com - December 18th, 2020
- Insiders Advice: Prevent Shoulder Surgery With These 5 Options (12/17/20) - Southeast Missourian - December 18th, 2020
- Facts you should know about Osteoarthritis - The New Indian Express - December 18th, 2020
- Garrett Richards is the epitome of a risk-reward free agent - Bless You Boys - December 18th, 2020
- Las Vegas woman allegedly held 'vampire facial' parties while posing as nurse - New York Post - December 1st, 2020
- PRP vs Corticosteroid Injections Which is the Ultimate Solution - Farmington, CT - Patch.com - November 24th, 2020
- What is Osteoarthritis and what are the symptoms? - Monitor - November 24th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma in Patients with Partial Thickness Rotator Cuff Tears or Tendinopathy Leads to Significantly Improved Short-Term Pain Relief and... - November 9th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market Outlook 2020 Scope and Business Growth Overview by Regions, Latest Trends, and Opportunities Forecast to 2024 - The Daily... - November 9th, 2020
- Platelet-rich Plasma Market To Witness the Highest Growth Globally in Coming Years 2020-2025 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 9th, 2020
- Wrist Pain: Causes and Available Treatment Options - Lifesly.com - October 30th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market Analysis 2020 Growth Prospects and Future Scenario of Industry Size and Share and Market Insights Forecast to 2024 -... - October 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market Trend, Growth, COVID-19 Impact, Current Industry Figures and Forecast 2026 -... - October 28th, 2020
- Accident & Injury Solutions Is the Place to Throw Light on Regenerative Medicine in Mesa and Phoenix, Arizona - Press Release - Digital Journal - October 21st, 2020
- Kim Kardashians changing face as she hits 40 and why shes probably about to reach for the Botox - The Sun - October 21st, 2020
- Laugh Lines Are Totally Normal How To Ease Them Sans Injections - mindbodygreen.com - October 17th, 2020
- PRP injections Treatment for Knee - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - October 15th, 2020
- Everything you need to know about the Kim Kardashian vampire facial - Emirates Woman - October 10th, 2020
- Interventional Pain Management Specialist Dr. Kaliq Chang with Atlantic Spine Center offers tips on emerging treatment using your body's own cells -... - October 10th, 2020
- Why some COVID-19 survivors are losing their hair - 13WMAZ.com - October 7th, 2020
- A Painless Future Provides the Incentive Behind Cytonics - InvestorPlace - October 7th, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market Top Manufactures, Regions, Trends, Breakdown, Types, Applications, Market Size and Forecasts 2020-2027 - Crypto Daily - October 7th, 2020
- Tendinitis Treatment Market 2020 Global Growth Rate by Recent Developments, Market Trends, Size, Share and Latest Technology, Forecast Research Report... - October 7th, 2020
- Love Island's Jack Fincham unveils epic weight transformation amid boxing return - Mirror Online - September 22nd, 2020
- Could platelet-rich plasma therapy be the answer to your hair loss? - VOGUE India - September 21st, 2020
- A passion for taking care of Steamboat's active patients - Steamboat Pilot and Today - September 21st, 2020
- A passion for taking care of Steamboat's active patients - Sky Hi News - September 19th, 2020
- Dr. Andreas Sauerbrey: The right orthopaedic diagnosis is essential to proper care - Steamboat Pilot and Today - September 14th, 2020
- Dr. Andreas Sauerbrey: The right orthopaedic diagnosis is essential to proper care - Sky Hi News - September 12th, 2020
- How Dr. Frank Roach Succeeded in the Field of Dentistry - Press Release - Digital Journal - September 12th, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market is Thriving Worldwide 2020 | Trends, Growth and Profit Analysis, Forecast by 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - September 10th, 2020
- Male Pattern Baldness gets longer effect QR678 therapy, more effective than Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP): Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology Published... - September 8th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market: New Investment Opportunities Emerge to Augment Segments in Sector by 2026 - The... - September 4th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market 2020: Share Value Analysis of Top Key Players, Global Size, Consumption Analysis, Trends Forecast to 2024 | Industry... - September 4th, 2020
- New orthopedic provider joins team in Big Rapids - The Pioneer - September 4th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market Research Study 2020 Insights with COVID-19 Impact Analysis by 2020Orange... - August 31st, 2020
- Platelet rich plasma and thicker hair | Empty Nest - NorthFulton.com - August 31st, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market Size 2020 | Covid 19 Impact Analysis | Global Industry Trends, Growth, Share, Size and Forecast - StartupNG - August 31st, 2020
- Porzingis hoping to play again this season if Mavs can get past Clippers - The Official Home of the Dallas Mavericks - Mavs.com - August 31st, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market Size By Product Analysis, By Application, By End-Users, By Regional Outlook, By Top Companies and Forecast to 2027 -... - August 22nd, 2020
- When your hair falls off and leaves scars - The Star, Kenya - August 22nd, 2020
- PRP versus Hyaluronic Acid Injections for Knee OA: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis - DocWire News - August 15th, 2020
- Lowrie to have injections for knee pain relief - MLB.com - August 15th, 2020
- Yes, People Are Reportedly Losing Hair Due to Stress From the Pandemic - POPSUGAR - August 15th, 2020
- Joint Pain Injections Market 2020-2028 Covid-19 Updates With Key Players Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Bioventus - Owned - August 9th, 2020
- Another Nice Thing We Can't Have in 2020: Shohei Ohtani's Pitching - FanGraphs - August 5th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market: Extensive Analysis of Key Segments of the Industry and Emerging Growth Factors... - August 3rd, 2020
- PRP Platelet-Rich Plasma | Florida Sports and Family ... - August 2nd, 2020
- Rockies vs. Athletics - Game Recap - July 28, 2020 - ESPN - August 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market 2020 COVID-19 Impact on Industry Size, Share, Company Profiles, Emerging... - July 29th, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Specialist - Farmington, NM ... - July 29th, 2020
- A & # 39; s slam Angels in the first MLB game with a new additional entry rule - NewsDio - July 26th, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma |Therapy (PRP) Everything You Need to ... - July 26th, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: Why is the offense cold? Who is the Opening Day second baseman? - Chico Enterprise-Record - July 23rd, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Lip Augmentation Market Trends, Growth Insights, Share Estimation, Size Projection and Industry Dynamics By 2023 - Reported Times - July 23rd, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: why is the offense cold? - The Mercury News - July 22nd, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: why is the offense cold? - Oroville Mercury-Register - July 22nd, 2020
- Takeaways from the As loss to the Giants: why is the offense cold? - Woodland Daily Democrat - July 22nd, 2020
- What is Trending in Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market? What are the Strategies to Boost Business in Near Years? -... - July 21st, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma for the Knee: Does It Work? - July 21st, 2020
- Tendinitis Treatment Market Overview By Growing Demands, Trends And Business Opportunities 2020 To 2027 - Jewish Life News - July 20th, 2020
- Living Well: PRP: A Promising Treatment - The Daily Progress - July 19th, 2020
- What Are the Different Types of Knee Injections? Pain Management - MedicineNet - July 16th, 2020
- Patient-Reported Outcomes After Platelet-Rich Plasma, Bone Marrow Aspirate, and Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injections for Symptomatic Knee... - July 16th, 2020
- These Are the Top Plastic Surgery Trends of the Last Decade, According to Top Surgeons - NewBeauty Magazine - July 15th, 2020
- Could Joe Maddon Lead The Angels To Cubs-like Success In 2020? - Prospect Insider - July 13th, 2020