Dr Mukesh Batra, the owner of Dr Batras clinics.
Mitchelle DSouza, Sub-editor/Reporter
The founder and chairman of Dr Batras group of companies, Dr Mukesh Batras name has become a byword for homeopathy.
The pioneering Indian doctor-cum-entrepreneur has built a legacy which includes a network of clinics, day-care aesthetic centres, and health and wellness products.
We caught up with Dr Batra at his Healthcare City clinic in Dubai, where he spoke at length about the workings of homeopathy and introduced us to the new Geno-Homeopathy treatment launched by the brand.
Can you explain what homeopathy treatment is for those who dont have a clear understanding? How does it work in comparison to conventional medicine?
Theres actually a misconception that its not well known. For emergencies and conventional problems, allopathy is the go-to. Like a heart attack, surgeries, gunshot wounds and so on.
However, homeopathy is safe for anything that is chronic and long lasting such as psychosomatic problems like stress, anxiety, and depression related issues; allergies, skin and hair problems.
We treat a wide range of illnesses such as asthma, arthritis, anxiety, depression, backache, cervical spondylitis, kidney stones in primary stage, warts, piles, PCOD, nasal polyps etc.
It has no side-effects and is completely painless and non-invasive. It goes to the root of the problem, nipping it in the bud, rather than just supressing it temporarily with pain killers.
"People are getting disillusioned with chemical medication, its side effects and opting for substances that are natural and safe, and holistic remedies, which homeopathy includes.
Is it true that homeopathy is slower in addressing an ailment in comparison to allopathy?
Its partly true, but not entirely. If you come to allopathy for a chronic sinus problem, you pop a pill and supress it. Similarly for a skin allergy, an ointment will supress the symptoms. The moment you stop, it flares up again.
So when you look at suppression, it is quick in allopathy, but thats not a cure. In conventional medicine, treatment is as slow as homeopathy or maybe even slower
For instance, a patient may be supressing his/her migraine or skin problem for the last 10 years with allopathy by taking pain killers and anti-inflammatories but without a proper solution.
However, if he/she were to take homeopathy for just 10 months, it would cure it, and hence that makes it much faster and effective as it gets to the root of the cause.
The reason it may feel seemingly long is because most illnesses are chronic, long-standing and deep-rooted.
Geno-Homeopathy treatment employs a gene test to predict, pre-empt and treat an illness. Charles Bertram/TNS
Can you give us an insight into the new Geno-Homeopathy treatment launched in the UAE?
As you may be aware, genetic DNA studies have been around for some years and have become more popular off late, thanks to Angelina Jolie creating awareness by positively testing herself for a cancer gene.
This helps predict and pre-empt an illness. How this works is that you have genes that are inherited, with 99.9 per cent of them being normal. But 0.1 per cent genes can be faulty and that percentage decides what diseases we carry.
A gene is like a finger print, it never changes. So just like you would use your finger print or pupil for identity, this is used for gene mapping through a simple sputum test. Now that 0.1 percentage gene decides how healthy I can be and which diseases I am likely to suffer from.
So with Geno-Homeopathy we can now analyse those 0.1 per cent genes. We completed one year in India in September and did 15,000 cases of genetic mapping.
This technique gives you your disease propensity and can tell you, for example, whether youll go bald five or 10 years from now; if youre prone to heart attack or diabetes it will tell you when youre likely to get it.
Post an analysis, a homeopathic treatment is offered to the patient to treat a condition. So this can be almost life-saving and is now within peoples reach in the UAE.
Angelina Jolie found out through genetic testing similar to Geno-Homeopathy that she is at a high risk of developing breast cancer.Marechal Aurore/TNS
There are a lot of cynics out there who question the scientific basis of homeopathy. What do you have to say to that?
A research we conducted three to four years ago found that a majority of people in Indian metros were taking homeopathy as the first choice of treatment. Pharma is growing at 10 per cent while homeopathy is growing at 30 per cent all over the world.
People are getting disillusioned with chemical medication, its side effects and opting for substances that are natural and safe, and holistic remedies, which homeopathy includes.
To give you a little perspective, there are around 300 people dying of drug reaction in America alone everyday which is equal to a Boeing crash. But it doesnt get as much attention, which can be pinned on the strong medical lobby.
So theres a gradual shift happening from allopathy to homeopathy not just in India but all over the world.
That being said, there are a lot of cynics and the lobbies that plant various stories. In spite of all this homeopathy is growing exponentially. The proof of the pudding is in eating it, so people should give it a try before denouncing it.
- Global Thalassemia Treatment Market is estimated to be US$ 14.7 billion by 2030 with a CAGR - GlobeNewswire - May 3rd, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Market Opportunities, Recent Industry Size and Share Analysis With Forecast To 2027 | Dendreon, Vericel, Spark Therapeutics,... - May 3rd, 2021
- Searching for the Causes and Cures of Spinocerebellar Ataxias - University of Utah Health Care - May 3rd, 2021
- Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market In-deep Analysis And Experts Review Report 2021-2024 Clark County Blog - Clark County Blog - May 3rd, 2021
- Antidepressants Market Size 2021 | Is Projected to Reach USD 18.29 Billion by 2027, Exhibiting a CAGR of 2.9% during 2020-2027 - GlobeNewswire - May 3rd, 2021
- Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine has been paused in Colorado. Here's what you need to know. - The Denver Channel - April 18th, 2021
- Global Alpha Thalassemia Market 2021 Industry Insights, Drivers, Top Trends, Global Analysis And Forecast to 2027 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - April 18th, 2021
- Canavan Disease Treatment Market Growing Demand with Innovative Ideas Adopted by Key Players Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline... - April 18th, 2021
- Cystinuria Treatment Market In-depth Research Covering Share Analysis, Industry Overview and Forecast | Key Players Retrophin, Inc, Mission Pharmacal... - April 18th, 2021
- Global Botulinum Toxin Market Size 2021 | To Hit USD 7.71 Billion at 7.5% CAGR by 2027; Increasing Awareness about the Therapeutic Benefits of Botox... - April 18th, 2021
- Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market to Rise with Impressive CAGR | Players Viking Therapeutics, Nutra Pharma Corporation, Genetix Biotech Asia Pvt.... - April 18th, 2021
- Gene Therapy for CNS Disorders Market 2021 Industry Size, Share, Growth and Top Companies Analysis- Gilead (Kite Pharma), Amgen (BioVex), Novartis,... - April 4th, 2021
- Top Executives from AveXis Join New Gene Therapy Venture -- This Time Targeting Tens of Millions More Patients - PRNewswire - April 4th, 2021
- Gene Therapy for Hemophilia Market will Reach Thriving Value by 2019 to 2028 SoccerNurds - SoccerNurds - April 4th, 2021
- Hemophilia Treatment Market Analysis to 2025 - Growth Trends and Changes Influencing the Industry - Technology Magazine - February 9th, 2021
- Alpha Thalassemia Market Global Production, Growth, Share, Demand and Applications Forecast to 2027 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - February 9th, 2021
- Global Retinitis Pigmentosa (Retinitis) Market demand with COVID-19 recovery analysis 2021 better delivery process to boost market growth by 2026 KSU... - February 4th, 2021
- ASCO Names Molecular Profiling in GI Cancers as Advance of the Year - OncLive - February 4th, 2021
- Circularity Healthcare Announces Expansion with Global CRO of Series of Successful Pivotal Human Clinical Trials to Study Use of D'OXYVA for Rapid,... - February 2nd, 2021
- Parkinson's disease treatment Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Segmentation and Forecast 2021 2027 KSU | The Sentinel... - January 27th, 2021
- The Head And Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market to shirk economic slowdown between 2016 and 2024 Murphy's Hockey Law - Murphy's Hockey Law - January 27th, 2021
- Global Phenylketonuria (PKU) Treatment Market Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecast Growth By Top Competitors:American Gene... - January 23rd, 2021
- Global MRD (Minimal Residual Disease) Testing Market Report 2020-2025: One of the Most Rapidly Evolving and Dynamic Markets - GlobeNewswire - January 23rd, 2021
- Aerosol Masks Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2030 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 19th, 2021
- Global Clinical Laboratory Services Market Analysis With Key Players, Applications, Trends And Forecasts 2028 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 19th, 2021
- Alpha Thalassemia Market Outlook 2021 Witnessing Enormous Growth with Recent Trends & Demand | Regions are Bluebird Bio, Novartis, Kiadis Pharma,... - January 5th, 2021
- FABRY DISEASE MARKET 2020 2023 PROJECTED TO GROW RADIANTLY BY TOP PLAYERS REVENUE AND GROWTH RATE - Factory Gate - January 5th, 2021
- 2020 Highlights the Disparities and Discrepancy of Sickle Cell Care - MD Magazine - December 31st, 2020
- Gene Therapy Market 2020: Demand Analysis, Key Players, Trends, Sales, Supply, Deployment Model, Segments, Organization Size, Production, Revenue Data... - December 31st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Manufacturing Market Research Study including Growth Factors, New Top Players, Competitive Analysis by regions from 2020 to 2027 -... - December 31st, 2020
- Global Brain Tumor Treatment Market Proceeds To Witness Huge Upswing Over Assessment Period by 2025 - The Courier - December 19th, 2020
- Global Gene Therapy Market Report 2020-2030 Featuring Novartis, Bluebird Bio, Spark Therapeutics, Audentes Therapeutics, Voyager Therapeutics,... - December 18th, 2020
- Gene Therapy Market Worth USD 35.67 Billion at 33.6% CAGR; Rising Prevalence of Spinal Muscular Atrophy to Augment Growth: Fortune Business Insights -... - December 18th, 2020
- Worldwide Industry for Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics to 2025 - Players Include AbbVie, Alaxia and Alcresta Therapeutics Among Others - Stockhouse - December 18th, 2020
- Elidah Becomes the Only US Company to Win a Top Ten Prize in a Global Start-up Competition, Advancing Recognition for Women's Health - PRNewswire - December 18th, 2020
- Global Gene Therapy Market Report 2020: Non-COVID-19 Care Delivery Bears the Brunt of the Pandemic - Gene Therapy Market Slumps by -13.6% -... - December 3rd, 2020
- Global Gene Therapy Market Report 2020-2027: Market is Projected to Reach a Revised $3.3 Billion - GlobeNewswire - December 3rd, 2020
- 2020 Top 10 Innovations - The Scientist - December 3rd, 2020
- Global Regenerative Medicine Market to Rise Impressively at 26.1% CAGR and Hit USD 151,949.5 Million by 2026; Integra's Latest Product Offerings to... - December 3rd, 2020
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Report 2020: Top Companies, Regions, Driving Force and Forecast 2026 - The Market Feed - December 3rd, 2020
- Hemophilia Treatment Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 3rd, 2020
- Global Contract Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market Report 2020-2026: CDMO Categorization - Primed for Business Model Disruption - Benzinga - November 26th, 2020
- Internet hawkers of stem cell therapies raising red flags - Ophthalmology Times - November 26th, 2020
- Details are everything: Where is Ottawas COVID-19 vaccination plan? - The Globe and Mail - November 26th, 2020
- Impact of Covid 19 On Brain Tumor Treatment Market 2020 Industry Challenges Business Overview And Forecast Research Study 2026 - The Market Feed - November 26th, 2020
- Global Gene Therapy Industry - GlobeNewswire - November 20th, 2020
- Children's Hospital delivers life-saving gene replacement therapy to infant - Loma Linda University Health - November 20th, 2020
- Global Precision Cancer Therapies Market 2020: Analysis, Industry Growth, Current Trends and Forecast till 2025 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 20th, 2020
- Cutting-edge Treatment Offers Hope to Infant With Spinal Muscular Atrophy - Adventist Review - November 20th, 2020
- Molecular Testing With Universal Method Comparable to Traditional Method in Hereditary Solid Tumors - Targeted Oncology - November 20th, 2020
- Alpha Thalassemia Market Research Provides an In-Depth Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Industry Trends Adopted By the Competitors |... - November 20th, 2020
- Intrathecal Pumps Market 2020 Industry Size and Share Evolution to 2026 by Growth Insight, Trends - The Daily Philadelphian - November 20th, 2020
- $30 billion to fight COVID-19 over next five years - Sydney Morning Herald - November 20th, 2020
- Global Contract Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market 2020-2026: Automation Deployed to Contain Cost of Goods Sold and Vector Manufacturing... - November 12th, 2020
- Gene Therapy Market Size Is Estimated to Grow at a CAGR of 40.7% By 2025 | Sales Statistics, Future Trends, Business Overview and COVID-19 Impact... - November 12th, 2020
- Homology Medicines Announces Presentation of Positive Data from the Dose-Escalation Phase of the pheNIX Gene Therapy Trial for Adults with PKU -... - November 12th, 2020
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Market Growth Estimation, Future Insights, Applications, Key Players, Size Analysis, COVID-19 Impact and MRI Industry... - November 12th, 2020
- Choroideremia Treatment Market Share Analysis by Copernicus Therapeutics, Inc, Wize Pharma Inc, Spark Therapeutics, Inc - Sunrise Nigeria - November 12th, 2020
- Homology Medicines Announces Upcoming Oral Presentation on pheNIX Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for Adults with PKU - GlobeNewswire - November 11th, 2020
- Homology Medicines Announces Presentation of Positive Data from the Dose-Escalation Phase of the pheNIX Gene Therapy Trial for Adults with PKU | DNA... - November 11th, 2020
- COVID vaccine to be rolled out within months: Hunt - Daily Mercury - November 11th, 2020
- Blockchain offers advanced therapy tracking - Bioprocess InsiderBioProcess - BioProcess Insider - November 5th, 2020
- Flexion Therapeutics Reports Third-Quarter 2020 Financial Results and Recent Business Highlights - GlobeNewswire - November 5th, 2020
- Lynparza approved in the EU as 1st-line maintenance treatment with bevacizumab for HRD-positive advanced ovarian cancer | Small Molecules | News... - November 5th, 2020
- Predictive Biomarkers Market Growth Sales Revenue Analysis 2020-2025 - The Think Curiouser - November 5th, 2020
- Retinitis Pigmentosa (Retinitis) Market Report 2020 (COVID-19 Impact Analysis) By Segmentations, Key Company Profiles & Demand Forecasts to 2020 ... - November 5th, 2020
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)Market: Is Covid19 testing the healthcare industry? - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus Outbreak: C-Arms Industry Fights Back with Well-defined Business Strategies - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- The good news about breast cancer - The Gazette - October 29th, 2020
- Retinitis Pigmentosa (Retinitis) Market Analysis by 24 Key Players, Types, Applications and Growth Opportunities to 2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- Choroideremia Treatment Market Trend & Growth by Copernicus Therapeutics, Inc, Wize Pharma Inc, Spark Therapeutics, Inc - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Research on Precision Cancer Therapies Market 2019 and Analysis to 2025 - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Clinical Laboratory Services Market 2020-2027 Strong Revenue and Competitive Outlook By Top Leaders : Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and... - October 17th, 2020
- CHOROIDEREMIA TREATMENT MARKET BUSINESS GROWTH BY COPERNICUS THERAPEUTICS, INC, WIZE PHARMA INC, SPARK THERAPEUTICS, INC - PRnews Leader - October 17th, 2020
- Cryopreservation Equipment Market: Increase in Demand for Regenerative Medicines to Accelerate Market Growth - BioSpace - October 10th, 2020
- Cartilage Repair/ Cartilage Regeneration Market worth $1,603 million by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PR Newswire UK - October 10th, 2020
- Pediatric Neuroblastoma Treatment Market Share Worldwide Industry Growth, Size, Statistics and Opportunity During 2020 to 2026 - Press Release -... - October 10th, 2020
- NMDP/Be The Match partners with M Health Fairview and Duke University cryopreservation labs to launch Be The Match BioBank - Watauga Democrat - October 7th, 2020
- What Will Be Driving Growth of Alpha Thalassemia market Near Future By Top Vendors Like | Bluebird Bio, Novartis, Kiadis Pharma, Acceleron Pharma ,... - October 7th, 2020
- Cancer Therapy Market Research by 2020 Top Countries Data, Key Players, Industry Revenue, Demand Status and Investments Plans Forecast to 2024 - The... - October 7th, 2020