ROUND ROCK, TX Texas State University is expanding services and academic programs on the Round Rock campus, school officials announced.
The aim is to bolster the university's mission to serve as a hub of health professions research and education and meet the workforce needs of Texas, officials wrote on their website. The news comes after a Sept. 4 welcome event on the Round Rock campus for faculty, staff and students that included a reception; activities hosted by student organizations and university departments; a meet and greet with Bobcat cheerleaders and Texas State mascot Boko; and an address by Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Gene Bourgeois.
During his address, Bourgeois began his address thanking students, faculty, and staff for their hard work and dedication on the growing Round Rock campus, before providing various university updates and announcements. The provost outlined the breadth of the expansion plans.
"We are speeding up a transition to move the dean's office; the Department of Health Information Management; and the Radiation Therapy program to Round Rock," Bourgeois said. "To accommodate this move and the additional 150 students it will bring to this campus, we are exploring renovations here in the Avery Building and small renovations in the Nursing Building. The goal is to move these three units to Round Rock by fall of 2021."
Enhancing Services and Amenities
Bourgeois recapped recent facilities upgrades, including renovations in the Avery Building for IT and the Student Affairs Division, upgrades to the Testing Center, and new food service options. He went on to share upcoming construction, programs and services:
Bourgeois shared testimonials about how the health professions programs and clinics on the campus are "changing the lives of patients in need of critical health care" while giving students "one-of-a-kind, hands-on learning opportunities" designed to prepare them for careers.
"A recently widowed patient who participated in the Restoration of Speech and Voice in Parkinsons program was able to improve her voice enough to talk and make friends in her new senior living facility for the first time," Bourgeois noted.
The Texas State Sleep Center has served more than 300 patients with diagnostics and treatment of sleep disorders since moving to the Round Rock Campus, the provost noted. The physical therapy clinic had in excess of 1,300 visits in its first year.
Research with Relevance
The provost told those gathered the research conducted at the campus has the potential to help address some of the greatest challenges in education and healthcare. To that end, Bourgeois ticked off the universities resource:
Two of the university's academic programs launching this fall will offer classes on the Round Rock Campus: are a bachelor's in health sciences and the master's in data analytics and information systems, the provost noted.
"Strategic planning for the Round Rock Campus will be an important part of updating the University Plan," Bourgeois said. "We are working to innovate in the delivery of our academic programming, to meet the needs of our students. The deans are investigating the possibility of delivering more of Round Rock's degree programs in a hybrid form combining in-class and online instruction."
"We updated the leadership structure of the Round Rock Campus, following the retirement of Dr. Edna Rehbein in July," the provost told the gathering. "Dr. Rehbein was a great asset to this university and this campus, and I applaud her many years of service to Texas State. She played a vital role in the evolution of this campus. I am pleased that Dr. Mary Ellen Cavitt agreed to serve as the interim Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs for the Round Rock Campus."
Dr. Mary Ellen Cavitt now leads a new Executive Leadership Team, which includes representatives from each of the university's divisions: Eli Soto from Information Technology; LaTonya Henry from Student Affairs; Yvonne Rhodes from University Advancement; and Joel Soto from Finance and Support Services. They will work together to address issues, coordinate activities and share information across divisions to enhance Round Rock operations.
President Trauth and the President's Cabinet will be on the Round Rock campus at least once a month to meet with faculty, staff, and students, Bourgeois said. In addition, the vice presidents will each host an Open Forum to provide information from their respective divisions and take questions. The sessions to be live-streamed and archived will feature.
President Voices Support
Texas State President Denise Trauth wrote about the lure of the university's health care offerings and its appeal among working adults in an Aug. 12 university-wide email:
"As I have said on many occasions, I believe that the Round Rock Campus is a focal point for many of our academic programs that appeal to working adults as well as our programs in the health professions," Trauth wrote. "The President's Cabinet and I are committed to supporting all students, faculty, and staff on the Round Rock Campus, as they are an extremely important part of Texas State."
In her annual convocation address to faculty and staff on Aug. 20, Trauth spoke about the university's role in the community: "Our students, faculty, and staff on the Round Rock Campus are an integral part of the Bobcat community. As we update the University Plan, strategic planning for the Round Rock Campus will be an important part of the process."
- Global Gene Therapy Industry - GlobeNewswire - November 20th, 2020
- Children's Hospital delivers life-saving gene replacement therapy to infant - Loma Linda University Health - November 20th, 2020
- Global Precision Cancer Therapies Market 2020: Analysis, Industry Growth, Current Trends and Forecast till 2025 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 20th, 2020
- Cutting-edge Treatment Offers Hope to Infant With Spinal Muscular Atrophy - Adventist Review - November 20th, 2020
- Molecular Testing With Universal Method Comparable to Traditional Method in Hereditary Solid Tumors - Targeted Oncology - November 20th, 2020
- Alpha Thalassemia Market Research Provides an In-Depth Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Industry Trends Adopted By the Competitors |... - November 20th, 2020
- Intrathecal Pumps Market 2020 Industry Size and Share Evolution to 2026 by Growth Insight, Trends - The Daily Philadelphian - November 20th, 2020
- $30 billion to fight COVID-19 over next five years - Sydney Morning Herald - November 20th, 2020
- Global Contract Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market 2020-2026: Automation Deployed to Contain Cost of Goods Sold and Vector Manufacturing... - November 12th, 2020
- Gene Therapy Market Size Is Estimated to Grow at a CAGR of 40.7% By 2025 | Sales Statistics, Future Trends, Business Overview and COVID-19 Impact... - November 12th, 2020
- Homology Medicines Announces Presentation of Positive Data from the Dose-Escalation Phase of the pheNIX Gene Therapy Trial for Adults with PKU -... - November 12th, 2020
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Market Growth Estimation, Future Insights, Applications, Key Players, Size Analysis, COVID-19 Impact and MRI Industry... - November 12th, 2020
- Choroideremia Treatment Market Share Analysis by Copernicus Therapeutics, Inc, Wize Pharma Inc, Spark Therapeutics, Inc - Sunrise Nigeria - November 12th, 2020
- Homology Medicines Announces Upcoming Oral Presentation on pheNIX Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for Adults with PKU - GlobeNewswire - November 11th, 2020
- Homology Medicines Announces Presentation of Positive Data from the Dose-Escalation Phase of the pheNIX Gene Therapy Trial for Adults with PKU | DNA... - November 11th, 2020
- COVID vaccine to be rolled out within months: Hunt - Daily Mercury - November 11th, 2020
- Blockchain offers advanced therapy tracking - Bioprocess InsiderBioProcess - BioProcess Insider - November 5th, 2020
- Flexion Therapeutics Reports Third-Quarter 2020 Financial Results and Recent Business Highlights - GlobeNewswire - November 5th, 2020
- Lynparza approved in the EU as 1st-line maintenance treatment with bevacizumab for HRD-positive advanced ovarian cancer | Small Molecules | News... - November 5th, 2020
- Predictive Biomarkers Market Growth Sales Revenue Analysis 2020-2025 - The Think Curiouser - November 5th, 2020
- Retinitis Pigmentosa (Retinitis) Market Report 2020 (COVID-19 Impact Analysis) By Segmentations, Key Company Profiles & Demand Forecasts to 2020 ... - November 5th, 2020
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)Market: Is Covid19 testing the healthcare industry? - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus Outbreak: C-Arms Industry Fights Back with Well-defined Business Strategies - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- The good news about breast cancer - The Gazette - October 29th, 2020
- Retinitis Pigmentosa (Retinitis) Market Analysis by 24 Key Players, Types, Applications and Growth Opportunities to 2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- Choroideremia Treatment Market Trend & Growth by Copernicus Therapeutics, Inc, Wize Pharma Inc, Spark Therapeutics, Inc - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Research on Precision Cancer Therapies Market 2019 and Analysis to 2025 - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Clinical Laboratory Services Market 2020-2027 Strong Revenue and Competitive Outlook By Top Leaders : Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and... - October 17th, 2020
- CHOROIDEREMIA TREATMENT MARKET BUSINESS GROWTH BY COPERNICUS THERAPEUTICS, INC, WIZE PHARMA INC, SPARK THERAPEUTICS, INC - PRnews Leader - October 17th, 2020
- Cryopreservation Equipment Market: Increase in Demand for Regenerative Medicines to Accelerate Market Growth - BioSpace - October 10th, 2020
- Cartilage Repair/ Cartilage Regeneration Market worth $1,603 million by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PR Newswire UK - October 10th, 2020
- Pediatric Neuroblastoma Treatment Market Share Worldwide Industry Growth, Size, Statistics and Opportunity During 2020 to 2026 - Press Release -... - October 10th, 2020
- NMDP/Be The Match partners with M Health Fairview and Duke University cryopreservation labs to launch Be The Match BioBank - Watauga Democrat - October 7th, 2020
- What Will Be Driving Growth of Alpha Thalassemia market Near Future By Top Vendors Like | Bluebird Bio, Novartis, Kiadis Pharma, Acceleron Pharma ,... - October 7th, 2020
- Cancer Therapy Market Research by 2020 Top Countries Data, Key Players, Industry Revenue, Demand Status and Investments Plans Forecast to 2024 - The... - October 7th, 2020
- Global Thalassemia Market 2020: Potential Growth, Challenges, and Know the Companies Listed-Novartis AG; Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.;... - October 7th, 2020
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Awards Five Grants Totaling Over $1.6 Million for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Research - BioSpace - October 1st, 2020
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Outlook 2020: Global Topmost Companies, Size, Trends And Upcoming Forecasts 2026 - The Market Records - October 1st, 2020
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Awards 15 Grants Totaling More Than $4 Million for Neuromuscular Disease Research - Stockhouse - September 30th, 2020
- Thalassemia Treatment Market projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2018 to 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 30th, 2020
- Genomics Market to Rise at 19.5% CAGR and Reach USD 82.60 Billion by 2027; Advances in Diagnostic Applications will Lead to a Wider Product Adoption,... - September 30th, 2020
- Meet the 2020 finalists for the $1 million Sanford Lorraine Cross Award honoring innovation in medical science - PRNewswire - September 30th, 2020
- Endothelial Dysfunction Industry 2020-2025 Market Analysis by Size, Share, Growth, Regional, Manufactures, Application and Forecast Research Report -... - September 30th, 2020
- The Global CRISPR Technology Market Size Is Seeing Exponential Growth Due To The Application Of CRISPR Technology In Treating COVID-19 - GlobeNewswire - September 27th, 2020
- Global Gene Therapy Market (by Cell Type, Vector Type, Application, End-User & Region): Insights & Forecast with Potential Impact of COVID-19... - September 25th, 2020
- Redwood Coast PACE Celebrates Its Sixth Anniversary and National PACE Month - Redheaded Blackbelt - September 25th, 2020
- Cancer Therapy Market 2020 Size and Share by Growth Opportunities, Segmentation, Regional Insights, Key Trends, Demand and Outlook by 2024 - Verdant... - September 22nd, 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 on Alpha Thalassemia Market 2020 Industry Challenges, Business Overview and Forecast Research Study 2026 - Crypto Daily - September 22nd, 2020
- AstraZeneca : Lynparza recommended for approval in EU by CHMP as 1st-line maintenance treatment with bevacizumab for HRD-positive advanced ovarian... - September 21st, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 | Retinitis Pigmentosa (Retinitis) Market Report Examines Business Opportunity and Worldwide Scope by Forecast 2020 to 2025 - Galus... - September 10th, 2020
- Hemophilia Treatment Market: Trends, Applications, Industry Competitive Analysis, Growth,Forecast: 2019 to 2029 - The News Brok - September 10th, 2020
- Menkes SyndromeIndustry 2020 With Covid-19 Impact on Market Research by Size, Top Leading Countries, Companies, Consumption, Drivers, Trends, Forces... - September 8th, 2020
- Wexner Medical Center performs gene therapy brain infusion for Parkinson's disease - The Highland County Press - September 5th, 2020
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Machines Market: How the Business Will Grow in 2027? - The News Brok - September 5th, 2020
- Next-Generation Sequencing Market Size to Reach US$ 31,411.3 Mn, Introduction of Rapid Sequencing Technologies Drives the Market: Fortune Business... - August 22nd, 2020
- Brain Stimulators Market: Rise in incidence of neurological disorders is expected to drive the market - BioSpace - August 22nd, 2020
- Global digital PCR market size was USD 224.9 million in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 799.1 million by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 17.2% during... - August 22nd, 2020
- Global mucopolysaccharidosis treatment market size was USD 1.98 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 4.37 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR... - August 22nd, 2020
- Global Huntington's Disease Treatment Market- Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2027)- By Drug Type, Treatment, End-Users, and Region. - Good... - August 12th, 2020
- After years of protest, a top hospital ended intersex surgeries. For activists, it took a deep toll. - USA TODAY - August 12th, 2020
- Global Bleeding Disorders Treatment Market- Industry Analysis and forecast 2019 2027: By Indication, Product Type, and Region. - Good Night, Good... - August 12th, 2020
- Advanced Wound Care Management Market: Chronic wounds to be highly lucrative segment - BioSpace - August 10th, 2020
- Investigation and management of erythrocytosis - CMAJ - August 10th, 2020
- Juvenile Macular Degeneration (Stargardt Disease) Treatment Market Size, Top Manufacturers, Product Types, Applications and Specification, Forecast to... - August 9th, 2020
- Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market with Covid-19 Impact Analysis | Industry Business Outlook, Revenue, Trends and Forecasts 2024 - Owned - August 9th, 2020
- The fight to end intersex surgeries at a top hospital took a deep toll on activists - PBS NewsHour - August 7th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of CLVS.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-20 8:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 7th, 2020
- Researchers Using Models To Understand COVID-19, Other News - Bio-IT World - August 7th, 2020
- Dr Mukesh Batra: The alternative medicine man - Livemint - August 7th, 2020
- Pompe Disease Treatment Market Supply Demand Report, Top Companies, Research Forecast, Analysis and (Volume and Value) and Growth to 2025 Shared in... - August 6th, 2020
- Molecular Diagnostics Market Economic Impact 2020: Key Trends, Challenges and Standardization, Research, Key Players with Market Dynamics and Forecast... - August 6th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of TECH.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 4-Aug-20 1:00pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 5th, 2020
- In Depth Analysis and Survey of COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Global Precision Cancer Therapies Market Report 2020 Key Players Abbott Laboratories,... - August 5th, 2020
- Hemophilia Treatment Market 2020 By End-User Demand, Emerging Trend, New Innovations, Future Prospect, Detailed Analysis and Forecast 2027 - MR... - August 4th, 2020
- Poignant photos reveal how sickness and healthcare touch so many facets of life - CNN - August 4th, 2020
- Cancer Biological Theraphy Market Future Prospects 2020 Business Growth, Development Factors, Applications, Dynamics, Segments, Size and Demand... - August 4th, 2020
- US Parkinsons disease treatment Market set to grow with massive rate by 2020 to 2025 - Galus Australis - August 3rd, 2020
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Size of Dynamics, Products, Application, Forecast Report 2019-2025 - The Daily Chronicle - August 3rd, 2020
- Global Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Market: Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) By Type, Drug, Stages, Route of Administration, Age... - August 3rd, 2020
- BioMarin (BMRN) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards? - Zacks.com - August 2nd, 2020