This revolutionary treatment, which accelerates all kinds of healing, is now a favorite among vets for treating our beloved canine friends. It not just heals, but in many cases it revolutionizes how older dogs live their life. If youre an advocate for less invasive, safer, often less costly but effective, alternative treatment options, Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections are one of the rare kinds of treatment that fits the bill.
Treating dogs suffering with injuries to muscle, bone, or tendons has been by using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections has been shown to have a beneficial effect on recovery times, and the quality of the recovery.
Studies have shown that PRP promotes:
Two studies, one published in 2011 and 2013 by the US National Library of Medicine (NCIB) and the Journal of Surgical Research (JSR) respectively, demonstrate the beneficial therapeutic effects of PRP when administered to dogs with musculoskeletal injuries.
The 2011 study set out to report on the concentration of blood cells and growth factors in the animals used in the study. They sampled the blood cell density in untreated dogs and compared it to that of dogs that had received PRP. They also compared a number of growth factors between dogs that had been given PRP treatments and those that had not. They found that platelet counts in the treated animals were higher than they were in non-treated animals. Not all growth factors were found to have increased. Two sets of growth factors remained the same in the test and control populations. Despite the lack of change in a few growth factors, others showed a significant increase and the overall improvement to the therapeutic outcome had improved for the test animal population.
In the 2013 study, similar methods were used except two extra test groups were added; a control group where saline was added to the PHP solution, and a fourth group in which a random distribution of young and old beagles were tested. The results of this study brought the researchers to conclude that PRP alters the expression of certain targeted genes during the early stages of graft remodeling and that the platelet rich plasma can promote reinnervation and revascularization. They believe this explains the beneficial enhancement effect of PRP on graft maturation.
A study by Jeff Mayo DVM, Veterinary Medical Director of Ingeneron Inc. reports that his organization has been running studies on the effects of PRP on dogs. He says their studies have shown that they have proven that PRP is a safe and natural method to relieve the pain of injury or joint disease, promote healing and accelerate recovery time using the animals own blood. As a result of these findings, the Mobile Veterinary Surgical Services Serving of Seattle, WA are now confidently offering PRP treatments to the public in cases where the treatment is indicated.
The 2011 study mentioned above has been cited as conclusive evidence that that inflammation is reduced by PRP injection treatments and that enhanced healing results.
The KIM group (Kindred-Canines in Motion) reported in 2012 that PRP injections are safe and effective for most animals. KIM is now actively scheduling evaluations for possible candidates for PRP treatment of;
Further studies have found that PRP can be combined with Cold Laser therapies for even better cellular regeneration. In fact, they are complementary and synergistic. A research project published in Lasers Medical Science concluded that the deposition of collagen type I (a major contributing factor in regeneration) was higher when treatment with PRP and a Class 4 Cold Laser were combined, promoting an even faster rate of regeneration in the affected tissues.
And it looks like not all veterinary doctors are trained and equipped to use PRP treatments and Cold Laser therapy. As a result, owners who want their dogs to receive these treatments must go great lengths to seek out experienced practitioners. Fortunately, the awareness of these leading-edge treatments are spreading fast. Vets like Dr. R. Kraemer, who practices in orange county California and runs Vet4Bulldog.com, has expanded his offer for this groundbreaking combination to pet owners from anywhere in the State of California.
This combination works exceptionally well for joints and ligament healing which is a boon for older dogs. They are particularly affected by osteoarthritis and hence are badly in need for a combination treatment like this.
How laser therapy works Cold laser therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses coherent light to induce cellular regeneration and improve circulation. The infrared laser light interacts with tissues at the cellular level.
Benefits of the combination treatment Cold Laser treatment increases cellular energy (ATP) to trigger an increase in cellular function, and health. Its light based and when it comes in contact with the cell, metabolic activity increases. Hence the improvement in the mobility of nutrients across cell membranes. Which means your pet gets healthier faster than ever.
Is PRP and Laser Combination Right for Your Dog? First of all, both PRP and Laser are noninvasive procedures. One uses growth factors in blood and the other uses light to stimulate cell regeneration and increase blood circulation. There isnt any other perfect combination of treatments that I can think of.
Almost Zero Downtime Both treatments may leave with soreness or inflammation, the typical side-effects of any injection/laser treatments. Under normal circumstances they are minor and will go away without any intervention. However, if symptoms are intense, icing the treatment area for 15 minutes 2-3 times a day for the first few days will help ease the pain and inflammation. Elderly animals and those with unusual conditions may require longer recovery times and closer attention.
Vets whove tried these report, that in most cases the results are almost instantaneous (as in obvious from day 1.) And as high as 80% of the animal patients treated with PRP have a noticeable improvement in their mobility within fewer than 10 days. Pets can resume normal activity in under a week: but may need recovery and rehabilitation therapies tailored to its condition, age, temperament, goals, and abilities.
As far as precautions are concerned, there isnt any to worry about. Except that for PRP, the animal patient needs to be off Anti-inflammatory medication at least a week prior to the treatment. Other than that, PRP comes with very few side effects. The same is the case for cold Laser therapy: zero known side effects. That is other than the obvious contraindications. Animals with any of the following conditions should not receive Cold Laser treatment.
PRP improves the quality of a dogs life as well as the life of its owner. Older dogs and dogs with osteoarthritis can benefit tremendously from PRP as it is a low-intensity treatment.
With emerging knowledge of the positive effects on the health and well-being PRP and Cold Laser treatments have on our animals, the only things standing between many dogs and better health is a lack of public awareness and the availability of these treatments.
Although these treatments look simple and easy to the untrained eye, theres more to it than what meets the eye. Experience counts. Proper training is a requirement. You dont want your vet to practice these treatments on your pet. So do your due diligence. Ask your vet if he/she does these treatments on a regular basis.
One of the things you need to clearly verify with your vet is the number of treatments required. Depending on the condition of your pet, your vet may prescribe 3-5 treatments. And thats perfectly okay. Because weve seen that repeated treatments often produce better results.
Also ask if theyll use sedatives.
- Joint Pain Injections Market In Depth Research with Industry Driving Factors and Forecast - 2028 | Anika... - Azizsalon News - May 22nd, 2020
- Ultrasound-Guided Lumbar Intradiscal Injection for Discogenic Pain: Te | JPR - Dove Medical Press - May 21st, 2020
- Platelet-rich plasma: Does the cure for hair loss lie within our blood? - Harvard Health Blog - Harvard Health - May 13th, 2020
- Don't feel bad about your neck a dermatologist urges the importance of protecting 'the forgotten skin' - image.ie - May 10th, 2020
- The Dermatologist Whos Obsessed With Sun Damage - The Cut - April 24th, 2020
- Baby Hair or Breakage: How to Tell the Difference - Allure - April 22nd, 2020
- The Best Face and Body Skin-Care Products for 2020 - Shape Magazine - April 21st, 2020
- Twins Daily: How would a shortened season impact MLB injuries? - Bring Me The News - April 3rd, 2020
- Stifle injuries and treatments - Tri-State Livestock News - March 29th, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy for Arthritis - March 25th, 2020
- Losing Your Hair? This Is Why You Need A Scalp Analysis - Essence - March 25th, 2020
- Platelets trigger perivascular mast cell degranulation to cause inflammatory responses and tissue injury - Science Advances - March 20th, 2020
- Upside For Flexion Therapeutics Depends On How Well It Can Commercialize ZILRETTA In 2020 - Seeking Alpha - March 20th, 2020
- The Regenerative Clinic adds new treatment to its portfolio - LaingBuisson - March 14th, 2020
- From Botox and fillers to PRP and microneedling: an expert guide to non-invasive cosmetic procedures - Evening Standard - March 14th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma Alopecia Therapies Market 2020 Research by Business Analysis, Growth Strategy and Industry Development to... - March 9th, 2020
- Griffin Canning to receive biological injection in elbow, will be re-evaluated in 3-4 weeks - Yahoo Sports - March 7th, 2020
- Padres notes: Tommy Pham expected to play left field soon; Fernando Tatis Jr. gaining strength - The San Diego Union-Tribune - March 7th, 2020
- Non Surgical Aesthetics Are in High Demand, So Thread Lifts Are a New Way to Achieve Instant Skin Tightening - Yahoo Finance - March 5th, 2020
- Fiery Ragin' Cajuns catcher Toro hot with his arm, bat - Daily Advertiser - March 5th, 2020
- Can You Naturally Rejuvenate Skin Cells? Yes Here Are 5 Proven Ways - mindbodygreen.com - March 4th, 2020
- Common sources of shoulder pain and how to treat it - Summit Daily News - February 28th, 2020
- HEALTHBEAT 4: Alternatives to surgery - KTIV - February 28th, 2020
- Doctors harness the body's healing powers to fight pain - KETV Omaha - February 27th, 2020
- Canadians More Than Ever are Seeking Cosmetic Procedures of All Types to Look and Feel Best - Press Release - Digital Journal - February 24th, 2020
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP): Costs, side effects ... - February 21st, 2020
- New informative research on Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market 2020 | Major Players: Orange County Hair Restoration... - February 21st, 2020
- Konica Minolta Healthcare Expands Ultrasound Guided Solutions Through Partnership with RegenLab USA - Yahoo Finance - February 21st, 2020
- Joint Pain Injection Market Current Industry Status, Growth Opportunities, Top Key Players, Target Audience and Forecast 2020 to 2027 - Jewish Life... - February 11th, 2020
- Arthritis treatment: A controversial treatment promoted by a certain royal could help - Express - February 10th, 2020
- Dr. Shereene Idriss Shares 2020 Filler Innovations and Trends - coveteur.com - February 9th, 2020
- Improve Sexual Function for Men: Get the Latest Research in Erectile Dysfunction - Newswire - February 4th, 2020
- PRP: Cost, Side Effects, and Recovery - February 2nd, 2020
- Platelet-Rich Plasma: Does It Work? - www.PainScience.com - February 2nd, 2020
- Can fasting reverse your 'biological' age? It can, according to Goop Lab experts - CNET - February 2nd, 2020
- Combining art and science in a medical practice - Coast Mountain News - January 27th, 2020
- Know About the Latest & Best Non-Surgical Ways To Regrow Hair by Dr. Debraj Shome, Cosmetic Surgeon & Director, The Esthetic Clinics - APN... - January 27th, 2020
- Global Joint Pain Injections Market Size 2020 | Key Players, Growth Insights, Demand Analysis and 2029 Forecast Research - Sound On Sound Fest - January 27th, 2020
- LDUNA Aesthetics and Wellness Center Grand Opening Celebration, Jan. 22 - Nevada Business Magazine - January 22nd, 2020
- Hair VitaminsHow to Choose the Best Hair Vitamins and How Long Do You Have to Take Them? - Parade - January 22nd, 2020
- SVHI PRP Therapy Announces New Website Focused on PRP for Hair Loss in the San Francisco Bay Area - Benzinga - January 19th, 2020
- SVHI PRP Therapy Announces New Website Focused on PRP for Hair Loss in the San Francisco Bay Area - PR Web - January 17th, 2020
- HEALTH WATCH: What to know about, and how to treat, alopecia - Lexington Dispatch - January 17th, 2020
- Everything You Want To Know About Bunions But Never Asked - Long Island Weekly News - January 15th, 2020
- Denver Clinic Explores PRP Vs. Stem Cell Treatments And Choosing What Will Help Most - Press Release - Digital Journal - January 15th, 2020
- NBA Stars Most Ready to Break out in Season's 2nd Half - Bleacher Report - January 15th, 2020
- Has The Beauty Industry's Obsession With Blood Gone Too Far? - Glamour UK - January 11th, 2020
- Everything You Need To Know About A Non-Surgical Eyelid Lift - BEAUTYcrew - January 10th, 2020
- After injury-plagued season, Texas Collin Johnson hopes to go out with a bang in the Alamo Bowl - San Antonio Express-News - December 31st, 2019
- Qatar- Modern orthopedic treatment methods at Al Wakra Hospital lead to early recovery of patients - MENAFN.COM - December 29th, 2019
- Lip Augmentation Market Recent Trends, In-depth Analysis, Market Size Research Report Forecast up to 2027 | Allergan, Anika Therapeutics, Cytophil -... - December 27th, 2019
- Efficacy of Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections - December 24th, 2019
- A Modern Treatment for the Age-Old Problem that is Hair Loss - Communal News - December 19th, 2019
- Exclusive Research On Joint Pain Injections Market SWOT Analysis including Key Players - Sound On Sound Fest - December 19th, 2019
- Global Joint Pain Injections Market || What are the Key market Trends and Dynamics? - Sound On Sound Fest - December 19th, 2019
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection Procedure - December 17th, 2019
- Thinning Hair? Here are 8 Ways to Make It Fuller and Shinier - Self - December 15th, 2019
- I Tried Getting A Vampire Facial At The Beauty Clinic By Shoppers - styledemocracy.com - December 10th, 2019
- The Hidden Cost of a Quick Injury Fix - Outside - December 3rd, 2019
- 10 ways of treating female hair loss - Medical News Today - December 3rd, 2019
- Global Joint Pain Injections Market Industry Analysis, Recent Trends, Size, Demand, Overview and Forecast 2019 to 2028 - Industry Planning - December 3rd, 2019
- Real Housewives Of New Jersey Star Jennifer Aydin Got A Tummy Tuck - Reality Tea - November 29th, 2019
- Comprehensive Research on Joint Pain Injections Market Report Offers Consumption, Production, CAGR, Market Size, Profit Margin And Revenue By 2028 -... - November 28th, 2019
- Global Joint Pain Injections Market In-depth Outlook || Growing Popularity And Emerging Trends In The Industry - True Version - November 26th, 2019
- A primer: stem cell and regenerative medicine as 'the' emerging therapy - Chiropractic Economics - November 26th, 2019
- Market Growth : Medical Aesthetic Devices Technologies and Global Market To 2022 - Downey Magazine - November 26th, 2019
- Vampire facials and other medical witchcraft you can buy to stay youthful today - Citizen - November 26th, 2019
- Joint Pain Injections Market Research : Key Companies Profile with Sales, Revenue, Price and Competitive Situation Analysis | Allergan Plc., Pfizer... - November 25th, 2019
- A sound theoretical mechanism and clinical indication are not enoughthe case of Platelet Rich Plasma for Achilles tendon ruptures - The BMJ - The BMJ - November 25th, 2019
- Father-Son Team Creates Beauty and Healing - Atlanta Jewish Times - November 25th, 2019
- Global Joint Pain Injections Market Key Drivers and Opportunities Till 2028 - True Version - November 25th, 2019
- Global Joint Pain Injections Market Growth Rate, Production Volume and Future Opportunities From 2019-2028 - Trade Examiner - November 18th, 2019
- Global Joint Pain Injections Market 2019 || What it got next? Find out with the latest research available at 'MarketResearch.Biz' - True Version - November 15th, 2019
- Dee Ford on Monday night showdown: The blood is in the water with these games - AL.com - November 11th, 2019
- Burning in knee: 7 causes and how to treat them - Medical News Today - November 6th, 2019
- Joint Pain Injections Market to Expand at a Positive CAGR, Rising Support from Government in Research Activities to Boost the Market - News Reel Hub - November 6th, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections Cost Outlook and Opportunities in Grooming Regions - Young Gazzete - November 4th, 2019
- Joint Pain Injection Market to Witness Impressive Global Growth in Production-Consumption Ratio through 2027 : Antus, Fidia Pharma USA, Zimmer Biomet... - November 4th, 2019
- Skin Care Institute, Oklahoma's Top-Rated Medical Spa, Now Offering Advanced Injectables Treatments with Microtox and BeautiPHIcation. - Yahoo Finance - November 4th, 2019
- Ducks GM Bob Murray has good medical news and a good feeling about his young team - The Athletic - October 31st, 2019