Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a genetic disorder characterized by muscle degeneration and weakness. Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) cause due to lack of protein known as dystrophin which causes muscles deterioration and break down, leads to difficulty in walking and general mobility.
DMD is a one of the most progressive childhood neuromuscular disorders. It affects mostly boys, but occasionally girls are affected.
DMD can be caused due to cardiac, neuromuscular, and orthopedic disorders.
Increasing research and development, introduction of novel disease therapies, rising demand for effective therapies among patients, and increasing disease prevalence are projected to fuel the growth of the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2016, prevalence of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy (DBMD) was 1 in every 7,250 males aged 5 to 24 years.
Rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular, neurovascular, and arthritis, and increasing health care insurance coverage are the other factors likely to accelerate the growth of the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market. According to the World Health Organization, cardiovascular diseases accounted for 17.7 million deaths in 2015, representing 31% of all global deaths.
However, stricter regulation for product approvals and high product cost are likely to restrain the Duchenne muscular dystrophy market.
The Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) market has been segmented based on treatment type, diagnosis, end-user, and region. In terms of treatment type, the market has been classified into drug therapy and novel therapy.
The drug therapy segment has been sub-segmented into corticosteroids and others. The novel therapy segment has been categorized into gene therapy, stem cell therapy, utrophin, and others.
In terms of diagnosis, the Duchenne muscular dystrophy market has been classified into blood tests, gene tests, and muscle biopsy. Based on end-user, the market has been classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, and ambulatory surgery centers.
Geographically, the Duchenne muscular dystrophy market has been segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market due to new product innovation, high health care expenditure, and government awareness programs.
The United Parent Projects Muscular Dystrophy initiated World Duchenne Awareness Day. The aim of Duchenne Awareness Day is to raise awareness about Duchenne muscular dystrophy across the globe and September 7 has been declared as Duchenne Awareness Day.
Europe is the second largest market for Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at higher rate due to rapid rise in population, growing prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing health care coverage, and rising investment in research and development.
Emerging regions such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa will create a large opportunity in the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market due to growing awareness among people, increasing public and private health care insurance coverage, etc.
Major players operating in the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market include Pfizer, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Nobelpharma Co., Ltd., Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., Tivorsan Pharmaceuticals, Acceleron Pharma, Inc., BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc., Asklepios Kliniken GmbH, FibroGen, Inc., and Santhera Pharmaceuticals Holding.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size.
The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The regional analysis covers:
North America (U.S. and Canada)
Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
Request a brochure of this report to know what opportunities will emerge in the rapidly evolving Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Market during 2017- 2025
View original post here:
Understanding the muscle behind global duchenne muscular dystrophy market - WhaTech
- Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2018-2026) - Bulletin 99 - January 25th, 2020
- MDA Awards Venture Philanthropy Funding of More Than $1M to AavantiBio to Develop Gene-Targeting Therapy for Friedreich's Ataxia - P&T Community - January 14th, 2020
- Oncocyte Announces the Commercial Availability of DetermaRx, the First Test for Chemotherapy Benefit Prediction in Patients with Early Stage Non-Small... - January 14th, 2020
- The Region's Health Leaders on What's New and What the Next Decade Will Bring - Business West - January 9th, 2020
- Endothelial Dysfunction Industry 2019-2025 Market Analysis by Size, Share, Growth, Regional, Manufactures, Application and Forecast Research Report -... - January 9th, 2020
- Cell Harvesting Market is Expected to Reach USD 387.9 Million by 2025| Bertin, Tomtec, Terumo BCT, HynoDent AG, Avita Medical, Argos Technologies -... - January 9th, 2020
- Insights on precision oncology developments in Japan and beyond - MobiHealthNews - January 6th, 2020
- Novel discovery in gene therapy to treat kidney diseases - WeForNews - January 5th, 2020
- Top Providers of the Alpha Thalassemia Market gives a New Dimension easing Measurement and Quantification - GuruFocus.com - December 27th, 2019
- This was the best health news over the last decade - USA TODAY - December 18th, 2019
- US Network of Specialized Angelman Clinics to Double Thanks to New Partnership - Angelman Syndrome News - December 13th, 2019
- ICMR issues guidelines for gene therapy in India - Daily Pioneer - December 13th, 2019
- Mergers and Acquisitions Will Strengthen Payer Identity in 2020 - HealthPayerIntelligence.com - December 13th, 2019
- University of Iowa researchers say $18 million grant could soon lead to cure for rare brain disease - KCRG - December 13th, 2019
- Parkinsons Disease Treatment Market 2019- Global Industry Analysis, by Key Players, Segmentation, Application, Demand and Forecast by 2025 - Tribunal... - December 13th, 2019
- Cancer gene therapy backed by Blackstone gets trial win - BioPharma Dive - December 6th, 2019
- Counterculture 73: Summer Jam, Timothy Leary and the Sexual Revolution - Rolling Stone - December 6th, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Size, Status and Forecast 2025 Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and - The Market Stats News - December 6th, 2019
- World AIDS Day 2019: 37.9M people worldwide were living with HIV at the end of 2018 - USA TODAY - December 2nd, 2019
- Global Parkinsons Disease Treatment Market 2019 Analysis by Industry Growth, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast by 2025 - Eastlake Times - November 30th, 2019
- Diabetic foot wounds kill millions, but high-tech solutions and teamwork are making a difference - Thehour.com - November 28th, 2019
- Macular Degeneration Treatment Market and its Future Outlook and Trend During the Period of 2019 2026 - The Chicago Sentinel - November 25th, 2019
- Edited Transcript of BLFS earnings conference call or presentation 12-Nov-19 9:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - November 20th, 2019
- U.S. stem cell clinic offering unapproved therapies brings direct-to-consumer marketing to Ottawa - Ottawa Citizen - November 18th, 2019
- Hemophilia Treatment Market Dynamics, Pin-Point Analysis, Comprehensive Landscape, Demand Key Factors, Market Segments Regions, Therapy For Hemophilia... - November 18th, 2019
- Abuse in cell banking services a global problem - Bioprocess Insider - BioProcess Insider - November 14th, 2019
- Anti-Aging Products and Therapies Market Outlook: Investors Still Miss the Big Assessment - The Market Journal - November 11th, 2019
- Tip Sheet: A clever way to make an AIDS vaccine; how a common cancer mutation actually drives cancer; and a new process that regulates red blood cell... - November 9th, 2019
- Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market Industry Analysis And Forecast (2018-2026) - The Market Expedition - November 6th, 2019
- Davenport & Company Upped By $3.56 Million Its Sgmo (SGMO) Holding; EMPOWER CLINICS ORDINARY SHARES (EPWCF) Shorts Raised By 2360% - MS Wkly - November 6th, 2019
- Dr Batra's have launched a new genetics-based therapy that predicts future diseases - Gulf Today - October 31st, 2019
- Deepak Chopra Has Never Been Sick - The New Yorker - October 18th, 2019
- The Patient Perspective On Patient Centricity Insights From A Veteran Of 5 Clinical Trials - Clinical Leader - October 12th, 2019
- Parkinsons Disease Treatment Analysis, Trends, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities & Forecast to 2025 - The Ukiah Post - October 11th, 2019
- Transfusion-dependent Anemia Treatment Market Gain Impetus due to the Growing Demand over 2019 2029 - Herald Space - October 1st, 2019
- Non-viral Gene Therapy will now accelerate cancer study - Industry Reporter - September 28th, 2019
- Social Impact Heroes: How Lynn OConnor Vos and the Muscular Dystrophy Association are helping to raise billions of dollars to fund research to... - September 28th, 2019
- Pollard and Norris in the race for Pos. 2 of the Public Hospital District 4 - Snoqualmie Valley Record - September 28th, 2019
- Nearly Half of Poland's SMA Patients on Track to Get Spinraza, Experts Say - SMA News Today - September 28th, 2019
- Prospective Study Characterizes PCa Risk Linked to BRCA1, BRCA2 Mutations - Renal and Urology News - September 28th, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Forecast Research Reports Offers Key Insights 2017 2025 - Space Market Research - September 28th, 2019
- Google bans ads for 'bad actors' selling 'deceptive treatments' - BioEdge - September 22nd, 2019
- Texas State To Expand Round Rock Campus Programs, Services - Round Rock, TX Patch - September 22nd, 2019
- Transfusion-dependent Anemia Treatment Market Size, Status and Growth Opportunities by 2025 - The Market Plan - September 22nd, 2019
- Chemotherapy Drugs Market Strategies, Major Industry Participants, Marketing Channels and Forecast To2018 2028 - Commerce Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- Targeted Cancer Therapies Market Regional Landscape, Production, Sales & Consumption Status and Prospects 2025 - Commerce Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2017 2025 - Technology Trend - September 22nd, 2019
- Biological Product Manufacturing Market Analysis, Size, Regional Outlook, Share, Trend, Growth, Analysis and Forecast - Rapid News Network - September 22nd, 2019
- Google Bans Advertising on Unproven Medical Treatments (like Stem Cells) - Bedford Bulletin - September 22nd, 2019
- 4 Barriers To Cell And Gene Therapy Development For Rare ... - May 18th, 2019
- Gene Therapy: The New Frontier for Inherited Retinal Disease - April 16th, 2019
- Nutrition : The Addiction Recovery Guide - March 25th, 2019
- F.D.A. Speeds Review of Gene Therapies, Vowing to Target ... - February 17th, 2019
- Cell and Gene Therapy Center - IQVIA - December 24th, 2018
- resurrection-clinics.eu - August 24th, 2018
- Hacking Your Genes Has Never Been Easier - Outside Magazine - September 8th, 2017
- FDA approves first cell-based gene therapy for use in the United States - Gears Of Biz - September 8th, 2017
- Quick Hits: Withdrawn Leukemia Drug Returning, Drugmaker in $58M Settlement Over Sales Reps, and More - MedShadow (registration) (blog) - September 8th, 2017
- FDA Approves New Cancer Treatment - Alive For Football - September 5th, 2017
- Global Cancer Biological Therapy Analysis & Forecast 2016 to 2023 - Digital Journal - September 5th, 2017
- How one California county is fighting high-priced surgeries - Los Angeles Times - September 2nd, 2017
- New 'hit-and-run' gene editing tool temporarily rewrites genetics to treat cancer and HIV - GeekWire - September 2nd, 2017
- Australian Market Declines - Markets Insider - August 29th, 2017
- New Stanford drug saves child with deadly genetic disease - The Mercury News - August 25th, 2017
- Orphan Diseases Market Key Players analysis ... - Digital Journal - Digital Journal - August 25th, 2017
- Gene Editing in Human Embryos Leaps ForwardHere's the Science - Singularity Hub - August 22nd, 2017
- Global Cancer Biological Therapy Market 2017 Size, Development Status, Type and Application, Segmentation ... - Digital Journal - August 22nd, 2017
- Traditional Therapy Clinics Ltd (TTC.AX) Money Flow Index Levels in Focus - Stock Daily Review - August 22nd, 2017
- Sodium Iodide Symporter for Nuclear Molecular Imaging and ... - August 13th, 2017
- Biological bypass shows promise in coronary artery disease - Medical Xpress - August 12th, 2017
- Cardiovascular disease cure? One session of THIS could help treat condition - Express.co.uk - August 9th, 2017
- Proton Therapy: How It Could Change The Outcome of Paediatric Cancer - HuffPost - August 5th, 2017
- Wilson's Disease Market: Unmet Needs of Patient Population to Inspire Players for Improved Treatment Options - Edition Truth - August 5th, 2017
- In a first, scientists edit fatal gene mutation out of DNA - Asheboro Courier Tribune - August 4th, 2017
- Head and Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is Expected to Generate Huge Profits by 2024 - MilTech - July 12th, 2017
- Cancer Biological Therapy market is rising with potential rate at CAGR of 4.7 % till 2023 - MENAFN.COM - July 11th, 2017
- Stem cell therapies breaking barriers - Guardian (blog) - July 9th, 2017
- Alternative Cancer Clinics - Immunotherapy for Cancer - July 8th, 2017
- Advanced Gene-Targeted Therapies - Alternative Cancer Clinics - July 8th, 2017
- Cure for ageing could lie in gene therapy | WIRED UK - July 1st, 2017