Cancers of squamous cells present in the linings of larynx, throat, nose, salivary glands, lips, mouth are collectively called as head and neck cancers. According to World Health Organization (WHO), globally more than 550,000 new cases of head and neck cancer are diagnosed per year with around 300,000 deaths annually. Head and neck cancer is the sixth most common type of cancer and accounts for 56% of all cancers. Treatment of head and neck cancer presents a significant challenge to physicians as the choice of treatment varies from patient to patient and location of the tumor. Head and neck cancers ate often treated with surgery, but the complexity of facial structures and functions limits the surgical treatments. Surgery for head and neck cancer changes some of the functions such as chewing, swallowing, talking, etc.
Get access to full summary @: http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/market-research/head-an
Surgical therapy in combination with radiation therapy is the most preferred treatment regime by physicians. However, currently available treatment options for head and neck cancer do not result in improvement in survival rate, and head and neck cancer survival rate has decreased from 80% to 50%in last ten years. Recent developments in advanced chemotherapy and radiotherapy allow preserving some of the functions of the face. The introduction of targeted molecular therapy such as gene therapy, monoclonal antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, etc. has opened up huge potential for the growth of head and neck cancer therapeutics market.
Growing incidence of head and neck cancer and demand for cost-effective treatment options are the factors driving the growth of global head and neck cancer therapeutic market. According to Globocan 2012, globally, 521,983 new cases of the lip, oral cavity, and larynx cancer were diagnosed in 2012. Advancements in technology and development of new targeted molecules are believed to play the crucial role in the growth of global head and neck cancer therapeutics market over the forecast period.
The global market for anti-neoplastic agents is segmented on basis of treatment type, disease indication, end user and geography. Based on treatment type, global head and neck cancer therapeutics market has been segmented as follow: Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, External Radiation Therapy, Internal Radiation Therapy, Surgery, Targeted Therapy. Based on disease indication, global head and neck cancer therapeutics market has been segmented as follow: Laryngeal Cancer, Lip and Oral Cavity Cancer, Nasopharyngeal Cancer, Oropharyngeal Cancer, Salivary Gland Cancer, Others. Based on end user, global head and neck cancer therapeutics market has been segmented as follow: Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers.
A sample of this report is available upon request @ http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/11734
Increasing smoking rate, tobacco consumption and incidence of HPV-caused cancers are the factors primarily responsible for growing prevalence of head and neck cancers such as oral cavity cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, etc. Based on treatment type, global head and neck cancer therapeutics market is classified as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. Surgery is expected to lead the global market for head and neck cancer therapeutics over the forecast period as it is the choice of therapy by physicians.
Radiation therapy is used to prevent the recurrence of cancer and is expected to contribute second largest share in the global head and neck cancer therapeutics market. Chemotherapy is used as an adjunct to other therapies and thus hold little share in global head and neck cancer therapeutics market.
Based on disease indication, global head and neck cancer therapeutics market has been segmented into laryngeal cancer, lip and oral cavity cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, salivary gland cancer and others. Lip and oral cavity cancer indication type segment is expected to contribute the highest share in the global market for head and neck cancer therapeutics market owing to the high global prevalence of cancer. GLOBOCAN 2012 reports the highest prevalence of 3.1% in 2012 affecting 467,157 people affected by lip and oral cancer globally.
Based on the end user, the global head and neck cancer therapeutics market has been segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. Hospital end user segment is anticipated to contribute the maximum share among end users.
Based on the regional presence, global head and neck cancer therapeutics market is segmented into five key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. North America will continue to dominate the global head and neck cancer therapeutics market for due to high prevalence HPV-induced cancers and high smoking rate. Europe is expected to hold second largest market share in global head and neck cancer therapeutics market.
To view TOC of this report is available upon request @ http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/toc/11734
Some of the major players operating in the global head and neck cancer therapeutics market are AbbVie Inc., Acceleron Pharma, Inc., AB Science SA, AstraZeneca Plc., Astellas Pharma Inc., Bayer AG, Boston Biomedical, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and others.
Persistence Market Research (PMR) is a third-platform research firm. Our research model is a unique collaboration of data analytics and market research methodology to help businesses achieve optimal performance.
To support companies in overcoming complex business challenges, we follow a multi-disciplinary approach. At PMR, we unite various data streams from multi-dimensional sources. By deploying real-time data collection, big data, and customer experience analytics, we deliver business intelligence for organizations of all sizes.
Contact Us Persistence Market Research 305 Broadway 7th Floor, New York City, NY 10007, United States, USA Canada Toll Free: 800-961-0353 Email:email@example.com Web: http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com
- Cancer gene therapy backed by Blackstone gets trial win - BioPharma Dive - December 6th, 2019
- Counterculture 73: Summer Jam, Timothy Leary and the Sexual Revolution - Rolling Stone - December 6th, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Size, Status and Forecast 2025 Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and - The Market Stats News - December 6th, 2019
- World AIDS Day 2019: 37.9M people worldwide were living with HIV at the end of 2018 - USA TODAY - December 2nd, 2019
- Global Parkinsons Disease Treatment Market 2019 Analysis by Industry Growth, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast by 2025 - Eastlake Times - November 30th, 2019
- Diabetic foot wounds kill millions, but high-tech solutions and teamwork are making a difference - Thehour.com - November 28th, 2019
- Macular Degeneration Treatment Market and its Future Outlook and Trend During the Period of 2019 2026 - The Chicago Sentinel - November 25th, 2019
- Edited Transcript of BLFS earnings conference call or presentation 12-Nov-19 9:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - November 20th, 2019
- U.S. stem cell clinic offering unapproved therapies brings direct-to-consumer marketing to Ottawa - Ottawa Citizen - November 18th, 2019
- Hemophilia Treatment Market Dynamics, Pin-Point Analysis, Comprehensive Landscape, Demand Key Factors, Market Segments Regions, Therapy For Hemophilia... - November 18th, 2019
- Global Regenerative Therapies for Osteoarthritis Market Insights 2019 : Acelity, Mesoblast, Nuo Therapeutics, Astellas Pharma - Breakaway Trends - November 18th, 2019
- Abuse in cell banking services a global problem - Bioprocess Insider - BioProcess Insider - November 14th, 2019
- Anti-Aging Products and Therapies Market Outlook: Investors Still Miss the Big Assessment - The Market Journal - November 11th, 2019
- Tip Sheet: A clever way to make an AIDS vaccine; how a common cancer mutation actually drives cancer; and a new process that regulates red blood cell... - November 9th, 2019
- Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market Industry Analysis And Forecast (2018-2026) - The Market Expedition - November 6th, 2019
- Davenport & Company Upped By $3.56 Million Its Sgmo (SGMO) Holding; EMPOWER CLINICS ORDINARY SHARES (EPWCF) Shorts Raised By 2360% - MS Wkly - November 6th, 2019
- Dr Batra's have launched a new genetics-based therapy that predicts future diseases - Gulf Today - October 31st, 2019
- Deepak Chopra Has Never Been Sick - The New Yorker - October 18th, 2019
- The Patient Perspective On Patient Centricity Insights From A Veteran Of 5 Clinical Trials - Clinical Leader - October 12th, 2019
- Parkinsons Disease Treatment Analysis, Trends, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities & Forecast to 2025 - The Ukiah Post - October 11th, 2019
- Transfusion-dependent Anemia Treatment Market Gain Impetus due to the Growing Demand over 2019 2029 - Herald Space - October 1st, 2019
- Non-viral Gene Therapy will now accelerate cancer study - Industry Reporter - September 28th, 2019
- Social Impact Heroes: How Lynn OConnor Vos and the Muscular Dystrophy Association are helping to raise billions of dollars to fund research to... - September 28th, 2019
- Pollard and Norris in the race for Pos. 2 of the Public Hospital District 4 - Snoqualmie Valley Record - September 28th, 2019
- Nearly Half of Poland's SMA Patients on Track to Get Spinraza, Experts Say - SMA News Today - September 28th, 2019
- Prospective Study Characterizes PCa Risk Linked to BRCA1, BRCA2 Mutations - Renal and Urology News - September 28th, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Forecast Research Reports Offers Key Insights 2017 2025 - Space Market Research - September 28th, 2019
- Google bans ads for 'bad actors' selling 'deceptive treatments' - BioEdge - September 22nd, 2019
- Texas State To Expand Round Rock Campus Programs, Services - Round Rock, TX Patch - September 22nd, 2019
- Transfusion-dependent Anemia Treatment Market Size, Status and Growth Opportunities by 2025 - The Market Plan - September 22nd, 2019
- Chemotherapy Drugs Market Strategies, Major Industry Participants, Marketing Channels and Forecast To2018 2028 - Commerce Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- Targeted Cancer Therapies Market Regional Landscape, Production, Sales & Consumption Status and Prospects 2025 - Commerce Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2017 2025 - Technology Trend - September 22nd, 2019
- Biological Product Manufacturing Market Analysis, Size, Regional Outlook, Share, Trend, Growth, Analysis and Forecast - Rapid News Network - September 22nd, 2019
- Google Bans Advertising on Unproven Medical Treatments (like Stem Cells) - Bedford Bulletin - September 22nd, 2019
- 4 Barriers To Cell And Gene Therapy Development For Rare ... - May 18th, 2019
- Gene Therapy: The New Frontier for Inherited Retinal Disease - April 16th, 2019
- Nutrition : The Addiction Recovery Guide - March 25th, 2019
- F.D.A. Speeds Review of Gene Therapies, Vowing to Target ... - February 17th, 2019
- Cell and Gene Therapy Center - IQVIA - December 24th, 2018
- resurrection-clinics.eu - August 24th, 2018
- Hacking Your Genes Has Never Been Easier - Outside Magazine - September 8th, 2017
- FDA approves first cell-based gene therapy for use in the United States - Gears Of Biz - September 8th, 2017
- Quick Hits: Withdrawn Leukemia Drug Returning, Drugmaker in $58M Settlement Over Sales Reps, and More - MedShadow (registration) (blog) - September 8th, 2017
- FDA Approves New Cancer Treatment - Alive For Football - September 5th, 2017
- Global Cancer Biological Therapy Analysis & Forecast 2016 to 2023 - Digital Journal - September 5th, 2017
- How one California county is fighting high-priced surgeries - Los Angeles Times - September 2nd, 2017
- New 'hit-and-run' gene editing tool temporarily rewrites genetics to treat cancer and HIV - GeekWire - September 2nd, 2017
- Australian Market Declines - Markets Insider - August 29th, 2017
- New Stanford drug saves child with deadly genetic disease - The Mercury News - August 25th, 2017
- Orphan Diseases Market Key Players analysis ... - Digital Journal - Digital Journal - August 25th, 2017
- Gene Editing in Human Embryos Leaps ForwardHere's the Science - Singularity Hub - August 22nd, 2017
- Global Cancer Biological Therapy Market 2017 Size, Development Status, Type and Application, Segmentation ... - Digital Journal - August 22nd, 2017
- Traditional Therapy Clinics Ltd (TTC.AX) Money Flow Index Levels in Focus - Stock Daily Review - August 22nd, 2017
- Sodium Iodide Symporter for Nuclear Molecular Imaging and ... - August 13th, 2017
- Biological bypass shows promise in coronary artery disease - Medical Xpress - August 12th, 2017
- Cardiovascular disease cure? One session of THIS could help treat condition - Express.co.uk - August 9th, 2017
- Understanding the muscle behind global duchenne muscular dystrophy market - WhaTech - August 9th, 2017
- Proton Therapy: How It Could Change The Outcome of Paediatric Cancer - HuffPost - August 5th, 2017
- Wilson's Disease Market: Unmet Needs of Patient Population to Inspire Players for Improved Treatment Options - Edition Truth - August 5th, 2017
- In a first, scientists edit fatal gene mutation out of DNA - Asheboro Courier Tribune - August 4th, 2017
- Cancer Biological Therapy market is rising with potential rate at CAGR of 4.7 % till 2023 - MENAFN.COM - July 11th, 2017
- Stem cell therapies breaking barriers - Guardian (blog) - July 9th, 2017
- Alternative Cancer Clinics - Immunotherapy for Cancer - July 8th, 2017
- Advanced Gene-Targeted Therapies - Alternative Cancer Clinics - July 8th, 2017
- Cure for ageing could lie in gene therapy | WIRED UK - July 1st, 2017
- Digital Journal: A Global Digital Media Network - Digital Journal (press release) - July 1st, 2017
- Gene Therapy Market - Size, Share, industry, Forecast ... - November 30th, 2016
- Medi-Cal: Medi-Cal Update - Clinics and Hospitals | May ... - November 23rd, 2016
- Gene Therapy: Chinese Researching Gene Replacement - September 25th, 2015
- Home Page of the Human Gene and Cell Therapy Center - August 29th, 2015