Stem cells are undifferentiated cells found in body having capability to develop into different types of cells in the body. Whenever there is a cell division of stem cells, each stem cell has the ability to remain a stem cell or become another type of cell having more specialized functions. In body, stem cells can differentiate into other kind of body cells by having the following capabilities;
1) Proliferation; The stem cells are capable to renew even after long periods of inactivity and capable of self-renewal during cell division. 2) Unspecialized; They are unspecialized which later give arise to specialized cells. 3) Differentiation; They are able to differentiate them under special conditions and functions.
There are two kinds of stem cell:
1) Embryonic stem cells. Those stem cells are derived from developing embryo. These cells are mostly use for in-vitro fertilization. 2) Somatic stem cells. Commonly known as adult stem cell. They are defined according to their location within the body.
Embryonic stem cells Somatic Pluripotent. Non pluripotent. Can easily grow in culture Not that easy. A large number of cells are required for stem cell replacement therapies.
The somatic stem cells can be further classified into mesenchymal stem cells and hematopoietic stem cells. The somatic stem cells are found in specific region of organ known as stem cell niche. The organs from where stem cell niche are found are in brain, skeletal muscle, gut, liver, pancreas, bone marrow, ovarian epithelium teeth, and testis.
The Somatic stem cells have been demonstrated as; Hematopoietic stem cells; Give rise to all kinds of blood cells. Mesenchymal stem cells; Give rise to all kinds of bone cells. Neural stem cells; Give rise to all kinds of neuronal and non neuronal cells in brain. Epithelial stem cells; Give rise to different kinds of cells of digestive tract. Skin stem cells; give rise to all the epidermis and ketatinocytes of skin.
Read the original post:
Embryonic and Somatic Stem Cells, Whats the Difference?
- Stem Cell Therapy Industry 2019 Global Market Size, Trends, Revenue, Growth Prospects, Key Companies and Forecast by 2023 - Markets Gazette - October 17th, 2019
- Significant Growth Foreseen by Stem Cell Therapies Market During 2015 2025 - Rapid News Network - September 22nd, 2019
- Blast Off With Rocket Pharmaceuticals - Seeking Alpha - September 22nd, 2019
- Zinc Finger Nuclease Technology Market Estimated to Discern 2X Expansion by 2025 - Commerce Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- Tooth Regeneration Market : Huge Growth Opportunity by Trend, Key Players and Forecast 2026 - TodayTimes - September 22nd, 2019
- Direct generation of human naive induced pluripotent stem ... - June 5th, 2019
- Somatic Stem Cells and Cancer - Stem Cell Centers ... - May 4th, 2019
- Difference Between Embryonic and Somatic Stem Cells ... - May 3rd, 2019
- Mosaic (genetics) - Wikipedia - March 8th, 2019
- What is the Difference Between Embryonic and Somatic Stem Cells - February 27th, 2019
- Somatic Cells - Definition and Examples | Biology Dictionary - November 14th, 2018
- Stem Cell Quick Reference - Learn.Genetics - September 9th, 2018
- Where Do Stem Cells Come From? - verywellhealth.com - July 2nd, 2018
- What Is Another Name for Somatic Stem Cells and What Do ... - June 22nd, 2018
- Difference Between Somatic Cells and Gametes ... - June 19th, 2018
- Skin graft gene therapy could treat obesity and diabetes - ResearchGate (blog) - August 3rd, 2017
- Cloning - Wikipedia - December 7th, 2016
- Characterization of Regenerative Phenotype of Unrestricted ... - December 1st, 2016
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer - Wikipedia - November 25th, 2016
- Somatic cell - Wikipedia - November 2nd, 2016
- Adult stem cell - Wikipedia - October 21st, 2016
- Somatic stem cells in the human endometrium. - October 7th, 2016
- Glossary | stemcells.nih.gov - September 17th, 2016
- Stem Cell Basics IV. | stemcells.nih.gov - September 17th, 2016
- Human embryonic stem cells derived by somatic cell nuclear ... - August 3rd, 2015
- Comparative proteomic analysis of human somatic cells ... - July 20th, 2015
- Somatic cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 15th, 2015
- somatic stem cell - Learn Genetics - July 2nd, 2015
- What is the difference between embryonic and somatic stem ... - June 11th, 2015
- Redox Signaling and Stem Cell Function - Dirk Bohmann - June 2nd, 2015
- Adult stem cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - June 1st, 2015
- somatic stem cells - Science Daily - May 24th, 2015
- Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer | Knoepfler Lab Stem Cell Blog - May 20th, 2015
- Adult stem cell - ScienceDaily - May 10th, 2015
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer - Wikipedia, the free ... - May 6th, 2015
- Glossary [Stem Cell Information] - Embryonic stem cell - May 6th, 2015
- Human oocytes reprogram adult somatic nuclei of a type 1 ... - May 6th, 2015