NESSZIONA,Israel, Dec. 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Meat-Tech 3D Ltd. (TASE: MEAT), today announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the share capital of Peace of Meat PV, a pioneering Belgian producer of cultured avian products, for EUR 15 million in a combination of cash and Meat-Tech ordinary shares. The Company believes that it will be able to leverage Peace of Meat's technologies, including through novel hybrid food products, to expedite market entry while Meat-Tech develops an industrial process for cultivating and producing real meat using 3D bioprinting technology, without harming animals. The acquisition is expected to close in the coming weeks, subject to customary closing conditions.
Peace of Meat has developed a proprietary, stem-cell-based bioreactor technology for cultivating animal fats from chicken and ducks, without harming animals. It has conducted a number of taste tests, demonstrating the potential that its cultured fat has to enhance the taste of plant-based protein products. The technology's first expected application is in hybrid food products, combining plant-based protein with cultured animal fat, designed to provide meat analogues with qualities of "meatiness" (taste and texture) closer to that of conventional meat products. Meat-Tech estimates that the first hybrid products based on Peace of Meat technology could hit the market as early as 2022.
Pursuant to the acquisition agreement, Meat-Tech will pay half of the consideration immediately, with the payment of the balance subject to Peace of Meat complying with preset technological milestones over a period of two years, that were designed to scale up cultured fat production capabilities in preparation for market entry. To that end, it was agreed that Peace of Meat's management will continue in place to lead the development process.
This acquisition is consistent with Meat-Tech's growth strategy, aiming to streamline development processes and expand the Company's product range to penetrate cultured meat technology markets as quickly as possible. Meat-Tech is working to create synergy and added value for food manufacturers in the advanced production of cultured meat, while sustaining animal welfare and meeting the growing global demand for meat.
Sharon Fima, Meat-Tech's CEO: "Meat-Tech's novel technology for producing meat using 3D printing is gaining increasing international recognition. Boosted by our acquisition strategy, we believe we can turn Meat-Tech into a leading global center and home for innovative and groundbreaking cell-based food solutions that are both healthy and environmentally friendly. The combination of Peace of Meat's human capital and technology make this acquisition a significant step in that direction. I am pleased that both management teams share a common vision and strategy, and can join forces to advance the development of cultured food products with the potential to create real alternatives in the global meat market."
David Brandes and Dirk von Heinrichshorst, Co-Founders of Peace of Meat:"In an industry that is working towards a kinder, more sustainable planet, joining forces makes us stronger together. Peace of Meat has developed a powerful system for upscaled cultured biomass production and together with Meat-Tech we intend to accelerate product development toward commercialization.
"While Peace of Meat's core activity remains focused on the production of tasty, cultured fat as a B2B ingredient for meat alternatives, we see tremendous opportunity in jointly building a leading food-tech enterprise with Meat-Tech, based on a cellular platform.
"As entrepreneurs, we are excited about this acquisition as it poses a novel way of building and growing a company while significantly increasing the prospects of launching our product into the market."
About Peace of Meat:
Peace of Meat was established in Belgium in 2019 and is developing cultured chicken fat directly from animal cells without the need to grow or kill animals. The company believes that its innovative technology has the potential to support an industrial process for the production of cultured chicken fat. Peace Of Meat has entered into a number of scientific and commercial collaborations, in the process of positioning itself as a future B2B provider, with the potential to cover the entire value chain and to accelerate research and production processes in the industry, and has conducted taste tests for hybrid products it has developed.
Meat-Tech is developing a novel biological printing process designed to create living, edible meat tissue using cellular agriculture. Meat-Tech is developing technologies, processes and machines for cultivating, producing, and printing cultured meat. The company believes that it was the first in the world to use edible biological inks to 3D-print living tissue made up of various cells of bovine origin. The Company has the technology, knowledge and experience in applying tissue engineering practices for producing fat and muscle tissue for food consumption, as well as the ability to print, using a 3D bioprinter, a combination of live animal cells, growth factors and biological materials to produce living tissues that mimic the characteristics of natural tissue.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements contained in this press release that do not relate to matters of historical fact should be considered forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements regarding the Company's development of the next generation of cultured meat food products by leveraging 3D digital printing technology, Peace of Meat's development of cultured fat products, the expected closing of the Company's acquisition of Peace of Meat and the expected post-closing synergies of the combined companies. These forward-looking statements include information about possible or assumed future results of the Company's business, financial condition, results of operations, liquidity, plans and objectives. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "believe," "may," "estimate," "continue," "anticipate," "intend," "should," "plan," "expect," "predict," "potential," or the negative of these terms or other similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are based on information the Company has when those statements are made or management's current expectation and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual performance or results to differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those indicated by the forward-looking statements made in this press release. Any such forward-looking statements represent management's estimates as of the date of this press release. Except as required by law, the Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements after the date of this press release to conform these statements.
COMPANY / INVESTOR CONTACT:Eran Gabay, Partner, Director of Strategy Gelbart-Kahana Investor Relations: [emailprotected]
SOURCE Meat-Tech 3D Ltd.
Read the rest here:
Meat-Tech Agrees to Acquire Cultured Fat Pioneer 'Peace of Meat' - PRNewswire
- $500K Grant Supports Research on Muscle Growth in Pigs, With Broader Health Implications - Maryland Today - July 22nd, 2021
- EU approves bluebird bio's CALD gene therapy Skysona - PMLiVE - July 22nd, 2021
- Secrets and pies: the battle to get lab-grown meat on the menu - The Guardian - July 22nd, 2021
- Biomedical Warming and Thawing Devices Market Revenue to Cross USD 308 Mn by 2027: Global Market Insights Inc. - Markets Insider - July 22nd, 2021
- A Recovery for All Of Us: New York City Invests $1 Billion in Life Sciences - Brooklyn Daily Eagle - July 22nd, 2021
- The growing global "infodemic" around stem cell therapies - Axios - June 25th, 2021
- NanoString Launches nCounter Stem Cell Characterization Panel to Advance the Development of Stem Cell Therapy - Yahoo Finance - June 25th, 2021
- Catalent to Acquire RheinCell Therapeutics, Strengthening a Path Towards Industrialization of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-based Therapies - Yahoo... - June 25th, 2021
- Immusoft Announces Formation of Scientific Advisory Board - Business Wire - June 25th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics and Aruvant Announce Research Collaboration to Study JSP191, an Antibody-Based Conditioning Agent, with ARU-1801, a Novel Gene... - June 25th, 2021
- Gamida Cell Announces Publication in Blood, the Journal of the American Society of Hematology, of the First Pivotal Trial to Evaluate a Cell Therapy... - June 25th, 2021
- More than 800 medicines are in development for diseases that disproportionately affect racial and ethnic communities - PRNewswire - June 25th, 2021
- Andrs Garca Receives Distinguished Professor Award | Research - Research Horizons - June 25th, 2021
- Local foundation awards $1.25 million to MIND Institute to study rare genetic condition - UC Davis Health - June 25th, 2021
- MeCP2 is a microsatellite binding protein that protects CA repeats from nucleosome invasion - Science Magazine - June 25th, 2021
- The Stem Cell Manufacturing market is projected to reach USD 18.0 billion by 2026 from USD - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces New Clinical Trial with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases to Evaluate JSP191 in Chronic... - May 28th, 2021
- Global Flow Cytometry Market (2020 to 2026) - by Technology, Product and Service, Application, End-user and Geography - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - May 28th, 2021
- Meso-Brain project explores 3D printed stem cells to treat neurological conditions - 3D Printing Industry - May 28th, 2021
- Moderna Highlights Advances in Platform Science and Innovative Vaccine Research at Fourth Annual Science Day - Business Wire - May 28th, 2021
- GPB Scientific Announces Additional Growth Financing to Support Commercialization of Curate Cell Processing System for Next-Generation Cell & Gene... - May 28th, 2021
- TScan Therapeutics Adds to Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors - BioSpace - May 28th, 2021
- Bone Therapeutics Provides First Quarter 2021 Business Update - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- Merakris Therapeutics, Inc. Announces FDA Clearance for - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market 2021 | Research With Size, Growth, Manufacturers, Key Segment, Analysis, Development Status, Segments and 2027... - February 19th, 2021
- Tissue regeneration: Reserve or reverse? - Science Magazine - February 19th, 2021
- Global Scaffold Technology Market Is Expected to Reach USD 2.16 billion by 2028 : Fior Markets - GlobeNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Recombinant Growth Factors to Account for Over 45% of Overall Demand through 2031: Persistence Market Research - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- The Untapped Potential of Cell and Gene Therapy - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - February 19th, 2021
- Century Therapeutics Significantly Expands Capabilities with New Operational, Laboratory and Manufacturing Facilities in Pennsylvania and New Jersey -... - February 19th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Processing Market To Grow Value $12062 Million By 2026 | Latest Research Report - PharmiWeb.com - February 19th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 | Demand and Scope with Outlook, Business Strategies, Challenges and Forecasts to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 19th, 2021
- Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market: Increased development of monoclonal antibodies and improved healthcare to drive the market - BioSpace - February 19th, 2021
- Iterion Therapeutics Secures $17 Million to Advance Development of Tegavivint in Multiple Tumor Settings - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Estimated To Expand At A Robust CAGR By 2027||Promega, Abcam plc, Research And Diagnostic Systems, Inc., Sartorius AG,... - February 19th, 2021
- Tibidabo Scientific Industries Strengthens its Core Executive Team with the Appointment of Industry Veteran, John LaViola as Chief Technology Officer... - February 19th, 2021
- Global Cell Expansion Market Value Projected to Expand by 2021-2026 | Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., GE Healthcare, Lonza Group Ltd., Becton,... - February 19th, 2021
- How Irish medtech came to thrive - Med-Tech Innovation - February 19th, 2021
- Translational Regenerative Medicine Market: Immunotherapy is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period - BioSpace - February 11th, 2021
- Ensoma Launches to Pioneer Next-Generation In Vivo Approach to Deliver First Off-the-shelf Genomic Medicines - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Notch Therapeutics Closes $85 Million Series A Financing to Develop Pipeline of Renewable Stem Cell-Derived Cancer Immunotherapies - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Global Biopreservation Market Is Expected to Reach USD 7.67 Billion by 2028 : Fior Markets - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Apollomics, Inc. and Iterion Therapeutics Announce Exclusive Collaboration and License Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Tegavivint in Greater... - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Revenue, Key Players, Supply-Demand, Investment Feasibility and Forecast By 2029: Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive, Chiesi... - February 11th, 2021
- 2020 Outlook on the Global Singlecell Technology Industry - Market Size was Over $800 Million in 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Cryopreservation Equipments Market Size Report: Strategies of Key Manufacturers, Project Investment of New Industries: Chart, Worthington... - February 11th, 2021
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Celebrates 20 Years of Innovation in Cancer Treatment and Care - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Outlook on the CRISPR Gene Editing Global Market to 2030 - Analysis and Forecasts - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Researchers curb local immune response in horses receiving stem cell injury therapy - Horsetalk - February 7th, 2021
- Biobanking Market Report Research and Global Outlook 2021 to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - February 7th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market By Product Type (Dogs, Horses) And By End-Users/Application (Veterinary Hospitals, Research Organizations) Market... - February 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Assay Market Share, Demand, Manufacturers and Forecast till 2027 | Merck & Co., Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare, Agilent... - February 6th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Of 11.10% By 2027||Abcam plc, Research And Diagnostic Systems, Inc., Sartorius AG, Biotium,... - February 6th, 2021
- Jill Biden signals White House resolve on cancer research: This is the fight of our lives - The Cancer Letter - February 6th, 2021
- Tiny sensor technique reveals cellular forces involved in tissue generation - Brown University - February 6th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements Directory 2020: Company AZ, Headline Value, Stage of Development at Signing, Deal Component Type,... - February 6th, 2021
- Perales Examines the Impact of COVID-19 on Recipients of Cellular Therapies for Cancer - OncLive - February 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Market is Expected to Grow with an Impressive CAGR till 2027 | Players Vcanbio, Boyalife, Beikebiotech KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU... - February 6th, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine Market to be Valued at USD 6.49 Billion by 2027 | The Escalating Burden of Chronic Diseases and Genetic Aberrations will be the... - February 4th, 2021
- Turn Biotechnologies Expands the Potential of its mRNA Platform by Licensing Unique Artificial Niche Technology - PRNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Evotec and Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf Enter Partnership to Develop iPSC-Based Tissue Therapy for Heart Failure - Yahoo Finance UK - February 4th, 2021
- Biobanks Market | Prominent Factors Analysis that will Help in Reshaping the Market Growth - BioSpace - February 4th, 2021
- Alexion Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results - BioSpace - February 4th, 2021
- Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market 2020 Size, Share, Analysis, Growth Driver and Industry Segments by 2027 KSU | The... - February 4th, 2021
- Transfection Technologies Market Size 2020 | Global Business Strategies, Growing CAGR of 20.0%, Industry Revenue, Opportunities-Aldrich Co Thermo... - February 4th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Report 2020: Apoptosis Assay Kits Lead the Demand with 42.5% Share - Forecast to 2026 - GlobeNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Global Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market 2020 Industry Scenario, Strategies, Growth Factors and Forecast to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 4th, 2021
- Mustang Bio Provides Updates on its Lentiviral Gene Therapies for the Treatment of X-linked Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (XSCID) - GlobeNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Medexus Pharmaceuticals and medac GmbH enter into a License Agreement for First-in-Class Conditioning Agent for Hematopoietic Stem Cell... - February 4th, 2021
- People With Cancer Should Receive COVID-19 Vaccine, Experts Say - Cancer Health Treatment News - February 4th, 2021
- Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells (ADSCS) Market is Projected to Grow Massively in Near Future The Courier - The Courier - February 4th, 2021
- Healthcare Inventory Management Market: Rising Research and Development is Anticipated to Drive the Market - BioSpace - January 30th, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Firms Gear up to Revolutionize Manufacturing - Labiotech.eu - January 30th, 2021
- Latest Research and Industry Trends of Cell and Tissue Culture Supplies Market Forecast 2027 Stemcell Technologies, Wheaton Industries, GE Healthcare ... - January 30th, 2021
- 5 People in the BioHealth Capital Region You Should Know In 2021 - BioBuzz - January 30th, 2021
- Global CAR-T Therapy Market Opportunities and Strategies Report 2020: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery - Forecast to 2030 - GlobeNewswire - January 30th, 2021
- Their Goal: Meat That's Better Than Meat | Tufts Now - Tufts Now - January 30th, 2021
- Humanigen and Emergent BioSolutions Announce Contract Development and Manufacturing Agreement for Phase 3 COVID-19 Therapeutic Candidate Lenzilumab -... - January 30th, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Market Size to Reach USD 7,250.0 Million by 2028 | Increasing Investments in Production Capacity Expansion for Cell and Gene... - January 30th, 2021
- Protein identified that may help treat Parkinsons disease - Medical News Today - January 30th, 2021