The official definition of the witching hour is when witches -- or magicians, ghouls, Republican senators and other demons -- are said be at their most powerful.
Thats the myth, the folklore.
The reality is that the witching hour is when we wake up in the middle of the night and our minds are clear enough to be haunted by our own bitter realities.
Unanswerable questions, many about futures we cant control, ravage the brain.
I was hit with one so immediate this past week that not even my home remedy sneaking downstairs for some old Sopranos episodes could make it right.
The question was this: Am I a bad person?
Here are three examples, hot off the presses, that had me wondering:
Andy Reid Much of Eagles Nation has forgiven and forgotten the specifics of the Reid Era here. They instead focus on the general success between 1999 and 2012.
But not me. I remember high hopes repeatedly dashed, and the seasons that ended in despair.
I invested too much in time, emotion and money (season ticket holder) -- to be stranded at the altar again and again and again.
Maybe some forget the feeling of having their hearts eaten out that were then met with the subsequent kick in our collective gut when Reid would act smug and indifferent during postgame press conferences.
Even when mishaps (dropped passes, missed tackles) werent directly his fault, Reids standard line was it begins with me.
Fine, Andy, you wanted the blame, you got it. I would have told you so if they let me to drive you to the airport when you left town.
Why, then, would I or anyone else who bleeds green root for Reid to have success elsewhere?
There was no worse scenario than his new team, the Kansas City Chiefs, winning a Super Bowl when he didnt do it in Philly after all those years of knocking on the door without finding a way to kick it in.
When we finally got it done two years ago, some of the edge was taken off. Still, when the Chiefs reached the big dance this year, I became a temporary fan of the opposing San Francisco 49ers.
Truth be told, I am more than a little bit angry with the end result (particularly the touchdown that wasnt a touchdown) and irked by all the glad tidings for Reid around the Delaware Valley.
Self-vote: Yeah, sigh, I am. Its not like he tried to lose big games here (it just seemed like it).
Iowa Caucuses I have been a detractor of the overall primary system for a long time, and my criticism begins with the disproportionate role little Iowa plays in the process.
I wrote all about it in my Sunday column a month or two ago, but I never could have imagined the Monday meltdown that will leave the final tally with an asterisk.
The root cause of the chaos was the already silly caucus process being further complicated with some second-round scenario that was clearly over the heads of those Iowa straw-chewers to comprehend.
While the good news is that this is probably the last we will see of the Iowa Caucuses, and maybe even Iowa getting to bat leadoff and set the pace as it has been doing, despite clearly not being a gauge of Americas diversity (its well over 90 percent lilywhite, for example) the embarrassment for the Democratic party could prove to be colossal.
Self-vote: Nope, not at all. A little bit of vindication is good for the soul.
Rush Limbaugh The right-wing AM Talk Radio host revealed that he is terminally ill.
If you are waiting for tears, keeping waiting.
I understand the man may have had a job to do, sort of in the Howard Stern shock jock sense, and that he may or may not have even meant half the hateful things he was saying.
But listeners many with pea brains accepted his postulating as fact.
And he knew it.
And he kept on spewing his garbage -- ironically losing his own hearing, so he couldnt even hear himself anymore.
If we are truly mired in a modern day Civil War, one in which lives (i.e. Heather Heyer) have been lost, Limbaugh is a general in the militia that fired the first shots (albeit away from the fray while on his bully pulpit).
It could be said that there would have been no coming of your president (not mine), without Limbaugh among others laying the groundwork.
No wonder Limbaugh got the Presidential Medal of Freedom the other night.
Hard to believe, though, considering this is the same person who called Iraq War veterans subsequently opposed to the war phony soldiers.
Then again, this prize was given to him by the phoniest of soldiers, one who got out of Vietnam with phantom bone spurs.
Like your president (not mine), Limbaugh built his empire on lies and half-truths.
Consider that Polifact rated Limbaughs on-air statements as either mostly false or pants on fire at a rapid-fire rate of 84 percent, with only a mere 5 percent registering as true.
While a lot of his false statements are about climate change, we are also talking about someone who continually degraded President Barack Obama with racially charged innuendoes calling him (and Oprah Winfrey) uppity, etc. and who compared NFL games to showdowns between black gangs.
He also said actor Michael J. Fox was exaggerating his Parkinsons disease in an ad for stem cell research.
I wonder if hed like some of that stem cell research for himself now? Maybe he is just exaggerating his symptoms.
Take the high road? Not this so-called snowflake. Its all low road here in Gordonville.
Originally posted here:
Glantz: Taking the 'bad man' test | Local News - The Times Herald
- COVID-19 Impact on Stem Cell Banking Identify Which Types of Companies Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19 - Science... - April 8th, 2020
- Human Embryonic Stem Cell Assay Market Size Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Shares, Growth Opportunities and Forecast to 2026 - Science In Me - April 8th, 2020
- BioIVT Opens New Blood Donor Center to Support Boston-area Research into COVID-19 Therapies, Vaccines and Diagnostics - Salamanca Press - April 6th, 2020
- Stem Cell And Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market Size, Growth Analysis, Opportunities, Trends, Developments and Forecast to 2026 -... - April 6th, 2020
- Rafarma Establishes Advisory Board, Appoints First Member and Will Acquire Additional Patents and Intellectual Property - GlobeNewswire - April 6th, 2020
- Unproven Stem Cell Therapy Gets OK for Testing in Coronavirus Patients - The New York Times - April 3rd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy for Colon Cancer - Yahoo Finance - April 3rd, 2020
- Evotec Expands its iPSC-Based Cell Therapy Platform EVOcells Through Licensing Agreement with panCELLa - BioSpace - April 3rd, 2020
- Fluidigm CyTOF Technology Used to Evaluate Stem Cell Therapy as a Potential Treatment for COVID-19 Pneumonia - Yahoo Finance - April 3rd, 2020
- Citius Signs Exclusive Option with Novellus to License Novel Stem-Cell Therapy for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Associated with COVID-19... - April 3rd, 2020
- Cellect Biotechnology Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results - Yahoo Finance - April 3rd, 2020
- Fate inks $100M J&J pact for 'off-the-shelf' cancer cell therapies - BioPharma Dive - April 3rd, 2020
- ReNeuron assessing potential of emerging cell technology in the coronavirus fight - Proactive Investors UK - April 3rd, 2020
- Seneca Biopharma Announces Executive Appointments and Key Promotion - Herald-Mail Media - April 2nd, 2020
- Scientists Make Breakthrough in the Production of 'Slaughter-Free Steak' Using Soy Protein as a Scaffold to Grow Tissue - vegconomist - the vegan... - April 2nd, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Storage Market 2019 Present Status and Future Opportunities by Major Companies Typs and Applications 2024 - Skyline Gazette - March 30th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Market: Analysis and In-depth study on market Size Trends, Emerging Growth Factors and Regional Forecast to 2028 -... - March 30th, 2020
- Study reveals how skin cells prepare to heal wounds - Jill Lopez - March 29th, 2020
- One Upside of the Coronavirus Shutdown, Maybe? Fewer Voter Initiatives - Lost Coast Outpost - March 29th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market Projected to Experience Major Revenue Boost During the Period Between 2019-2048 - Daily Science - March 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell Assay Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players and Competitive Industry Scenario, 2048 - Daily Science - March 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 | Growing Rapidly with Significant CAGR, Leading Players, Innovative Trends and Expected Revenue by 2026 - Skyline... - March 28th, 2020
- Stem cells: Therapy, controversy, and research - March 27th, 2020
- Pros and Cons of Stem Cell Research - ThoughtCo - March 27th, 2020
- One upside of the coronavirus shutdown, maybe? Fewer voter initiatives - CALmatters - March 27th, 2020
- SENECA BIOPHARMA : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS (form 10-K) - marketscreener.com - March 27th, 2020
- Global Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Growth Prospects Medivet Biologics LLC, Animal Cell Therapies, VETSTEM BIOPHARMA - NJ MMA News - March 27th, 2020
- Global Autologous Stem Cell & Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market - Premium Insight, Competitive News Feed Analysis, Company Usability Profiles,... - March 26th, 2020
- Rewind the clock: Researchers reprogram old cells to youthful state - Daily Sabah - March 26th, 2020
- California ballot initiative campaigns are in the final weeks of their signature drives and face the effects of coronavirus - The Center Square - March 26th, 2020
- Dad told he has months left to live after stem cell transplant fails - Wales Online - March 26th, 2020
- The Global Cell Expansion Market is expected to grow from USD 11,923.12 Million in 2018 to USD 30,023.12 Million by the end of 2025 at a Compound... - March 26th, 2020
- Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Research Key Players, Industry Overview and Forecasts to 2027 - Packaging News 24 - March 26th, 2020
- Global Cell Culture Market Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) - Stock Market Herald - March 26th, 2020
- Signature gathering halted for $5.5 billion stem cell initiative - Capitol Weekly - March 24th, 2020
- Cellphone tracking could help stem the spread of coronavirus. Is privacy the price? - Science Magazine - March 24th, 2020
- Stem cells may give a respite to COVID-19 infected - The Hindu - March 24th, 2020
- Global Flow Cytometry Market to Register Impressive Growth, Demand Upheld by Cancer and Stem Cell Research, Says Fact.MR - Bio-IT World - March 24th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Storage Market scrutinized in the new analysis - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - March 24th, 2020
- AlloVir Expands Its Research Collaboration with Baylor College of Medicine to Discover and Develop Allogeneic, Off-the-Shelf, Virus-Specific T-Cell... - March 24th, 2020
- eTheRNA Launches an International Consortium and Starts Development of Cross-strain Protective CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine for High Risk Populations - BioSpace - March 24th, 2020
- Triangle headliners: Roundup of events (most of them virtual) through March 31 - WRAL Tech Wire - March 24th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 : Top Countries Data, Industry Size, Growth Factors, Defination, Global Analysis, Opportunities And Forecast To 2026 -... - March 24th, 2020
- ImStem Biotechnology Announces FDA has Lifted the Clinical Hold on the Investigational New Drug Application for IMS001 for the Treatment of Multiple... - March 22nd, 2020
- An unusual chance to see stress at work - Big Think - March 22nd, 2020
- AgeX Therapeutics Licensee ImStem Biotechnology Announces FDA has Lifted the Hold and Cleared the Investigational New Drug Application for IMS001 for... - March 22nd, 2020
- Trail & Tunnel Notes From the Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduc - River Journal Staff - March 22nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Demand with Global Forecast by Top Leading Players: Osiris Therapeutics, Medipost Co., Anterogen Co., Pharmicell Co.,... - March 21st, 2020
- Forty Seven, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Financial Results and Recent Business Highlights - BioSpace - March 21st, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market : Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Threats (2019-2025) - Packaging News 24 - March 21st, 2020
- Recombinant Cell Culture Supplements Receive a Boost from Stem Cell Research Ventures; Demand for Novel Vaccines to Act as a Growth Lever, Says PMR -... - March 20th, 2020
- Coronavirus treatment research is delayed by Trumps ban on the use of fetal tissue - Vox.com - March 20th, 2020
- The American Academy of Stem Cell Physicians Recommends a Treatment Protocol for COVID-19 to the WHO - P&T Community - March 20th, 2020
- Scientists figure out why stress turns your hair gray - Big Think - March 20th, 2020
- The Asia Pacific cell line development market is expected to reach US$ 2,813.78 Mn in 2027 from US$ 987.48 Mn in 2019 - Yahoo Finance - March 20th, 2020
- UC San Diego executive David Brenner withdraws bid to become president of University of Central Florida - The San Diego Union-Tribune - March 20th, 2020
- Inside the outbreak: Harnessing high tech - Science & Tech - WORLD News Group - March 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market: Industry Analysis And Detailed Profiles Of Top Industry Players - Jewish Life News - March 20th, 2020
- Ready To Use Autologous Stem Cell Based Therapies Market size and forecast, 2019-2020 - Packaging News 24 - March 20th, 2020
- Amniotic Fluid Stem Cell Therapy Market Drivers Analysis by 2025 - 3rd Watch News - March 20th, 2020
- Government of Canada invests in regenerative medicine research to support Canadians health #46662 - New Kerala - March 20th, 2020
- New approach to speed up red blood cells generation in the lab - BusinessLine - March 12th, 2020
- Faculty members receive funding to advance stem cell research - UBC Faculty - UBC Faculty of Medicine - March 12th, 2020
- Flow cytometry market expected to reach $6.36 billion by 2027 - European Pharmaceutical Review - March 12th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Insights, Key Strategies, Innovative Trends and Forecast Research upto 2027 - News Times - March 12th, 2020
- Aging eyes and the immune system - Science Magazine - March 12th, 2020
- Stem Cell Reconstructive Market 2020 By Top Key Players/Manufacturers, Type and Application, Regions, Industry Analysis, Growth, Size, Trends and... - March 12th, 2020
- Back to the drawing board for triple-negative breast cancer targets, researchers propose new combo approach - Endpoints News - March 12th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking-Market Market Strategies and Insight Driven Transformation 2019-2025 - Times Plot - March 12th, 2020
- Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Overview, Growth Opportunities, Industry Analysis, Size, Strategies and Forecast to 2026 - NJ MMA News - March 12th, 2020
- GEMoaB Announces Internationally Renowned Experts to Newly Formed Strategic and Scientific Advisory Board - Yahoo Finance - March 12th, 2020
- Microscopy Devices Market: Rise in Technological Advancement Leading to Increased Consumption of Microscopy Devices - BioSpace - March 10th, 2020
- Global Cell Therapy (Autologous, Allogeneic) Markets to 2027 - GlobeNewswire - March 10th, 2020
- Researcher Calls on Others Worldwide to Join Efforts to Understand Role of Sleep in Pediatric Cancer - Rutgers-Camden NewsNow - March 10th, 2020
- Second person ever to be cleared of HIV reveals identity - The Guardian - March 9th, 2020
- March 9, 2020 Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Set To Cross USD 4759.27 Million By 2024 - Galus Australis - March 9th, 2020
- How wounded plants heal, survive - The Hindu - March 9th, 2020
- Israeli Women Are Ahead In Biotech, But Don't Have The Leadership Roles Just Yet | Health News - NoCamels - Israeli Innovation News - March 9th, 2020
- Complete growth overview on Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market in 2020-2025 including top key players Thermo Fisher Scientific, Charter... - March 9th, 2020
- GEMoaB Announces First Patient Apheresed in a Phase IA Study With Lead Product Candidate From Rapidly Switchable Universal CAR-T Platform (UniCAR) in... - March 9th, 2020