Our NYC orthopedic surgeons are medical doctors who have gained specialist qualifications in sport medicine and orthopedic surgery and hold best in class qualifications. We provide expert diagnosis and management of all musculoskeletal injuries for both elite and recreational athletes but also acute and overuse injuries that occur at work or during everyday activities for patients all patients of all ages.
Please note: A doctors referral is NOT necessary from a General Practitioner to see our sports medicine or orthopedic surgery specialists for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment at our orthopedic practice including surgery and stem cell injections, cortisone injections, cartilage grafting, gel injections, or platelet-rich plasma injections or PRP injections.
We offer full-out of network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of surgery. Our surgical coordinator will help you with a quote.
We are proud to offer our patients state-of-the-art biologics that can aid in rapid recovery which presentspossible alternatives to surgical orthopedic procedures:
Stem Cell Therapy: Stem cells have shown exceptional promise in the treatment of orthopedic injuries. They are cells that have retained the ability to become many different types of cells. Because these cells can theoretically be utilized to grow new cartilage, bone or even organs, a substantial amount of research today is being directed at learning how these cells function.
The surgeons at Glashow orthopedics believe that the future of sports medicine and orthopedic surgery lies in the field of OrthoBiologics. Put simply, OrthoBiologics seeks to accelerate healing and recovery by maximizing the bodys ability to heal itself. Future treatments will be focused on providing an optimal environment for the healing process, allowing for faster recoveries and the regeneration of lost tissue. For this reason, our surgeons have embraced the latest Stem Cell and Orthobiologics techniques to offer our New York patients state of the art care and improved outcomes.
Stem Cells are commonly found in three places:
1. Bone Marrow 2. Adipose (Fat) tissue 3. Cord Blood
Bone Marrow Derived Stem Cells: Stem cells are located in all of the long bones, including the pelvis, femur, tibia and humerus. Bone Marrow derived stem cells are currently considered the best option for orthopedic procedures, because they are more closely related to bone and cartilage. They can be harvested through simple, minimally invasive procedures performed in the office or in the operating room. Once the cells are retrieved, they are taken to a special machine that removes other types of cells and are concentrated into a serum. This serum can then be injected into joints, fractures or muscle and tendon injuries.
Once inside the body, the stem cells are activated by growth factors. Growth factors are chemicals inside the human body that are responsible for directing the injury repair process. Growth factors occur naturally at areas of injury, or can be injected along with stem cells as part of a Platelet Rich Plasma preparation. (Insert hyperlink to prp) The growth factors tell the stem cells what type of cell to become.
Adipose Derived Stem Cells: Fat contains an even higher concentration of stem cells than bone marrow. These cells, however, are different from the ones found in bone marrow, and are easier to direct to become soft tissue cells, making them more ideal for general and plastic surgery applications. To get adipose derived stem cells to become bone or cartilage, special chemicals need to be added to the serum, making them less desirable for use in orthopedic injuries. These cells are harvested by removing some fat from the belly area, making the procedure very popular among most patients!
Cord Blood Stem Cells: These cells are harvested from the umbilical cord and placenta immediately following birth. Pregnancy is required to obtain these cells, but they are the most flexible cell type, being able to form nearly any other cell. For this reason, Cord Blood banking has become a popular option for new parents. The cells are harvested and cryogenically preserved in the event they will be needed later to treat a disease.
IRAP (Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Protein): This protein is often confused with Stem Cells, and has been made popular recently by several high-profile professional athletes who have attempted to use it to extend their careers (Kobe Bryant hyperlink).
The inflammatory cytokine InterLeukin-1 (IL-1) has been implicated as an inducer of osteoarthritis in joints, playing a key role in the acceleration of soft tissue destruction. IL-1 is currently thought to be the primary mediator of breakdown of articular cartilage in diseased joints. IL-1 Receptor Antagonist (IL-1RA), a small glycoprotein and a competitive inhibitor of IL-1, is thought to bind to IL-1 and halt its ability to further injure the joint. IRAP (InterLeukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Protein) is a blood product created by incubating a patients blood for 24 hours in glass beads, then eluting and centrifuging the end product. It closely resembles PRP and is, in effect, a liquid NSAID, blocking the IL-1 mediate inflammatory pathway. In other words, IRAP is equivalent to liquid Motrin and will reduce pain and inflammation in the joint, but will do nothing to assist with healing or regeneration of tissue. For this reason, the surgeons at Glashow Orthopedics do not currently offer this procedure.
Cartilage Grafting:Cartilage grafting is a surgical procedure offered by our Upper East Side NYC orthopedic surgeons that replaces damaged cartilage with healthy cartilage. Cartilage grafting is performed to correct joint deformities and restore the weight-bearing capability of the affected joint.Cartilage grafting is indicated in patients with articular cartilage damage in the joint to restore normal functioning of the joint. We have used stem cell therapy for conditions of the shoulder, knee, and more.
Hylgan / Hyuloron Injections / Gel Injections:Hyaluronan is one of the components of synovial fluid, which lubricates and acts as a shock absorber within the knee joint.The main benefit of having an hylagan / hyuloron injection is that it supplements and/or replaces the synovial fluid within the knee-joint. Originally intended for patients with osteoarthritis of the knee it is also of value to our sports injury and knee patients and can result in relief from pain for up to 6 months.
Platelet-rich plasma injections or PRP injections:Platelet-rich plasma injections or PRP injections utilize the patients own blood platelets to promote rapid healing of wounds and soft tissue disorders as an alternative option to various necessary orthopedic surgery. PRP injections have been successfully used to help heal tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints. Our Orthopedic surgeons will determine if you are a candidate for this cutting edge procedure. In clinical studiesPRP injections are showing measurable results of improved function and decreased pain in clinical studies. The healthy platelets are derived from the cells in your bone marrow along with red blood cells and plasma. In order to undergo PRP injections, the patients blood is drawn into a tube which is then spun or centrifuged to create the platelet-rich plasma. The platelet-rich plasma is then injected into the injured area under local anesthesia.
Our team of orthopedic surgeons, specialty nurses, physiotherapists and support staff are dedicated to managing your specific orthopedicsurgery and working together to ensure your needs are exceeded from consultation to following surgical discharge. Our goal is to deliver premium orthopaedic care using the latest techniques and advancements to achieve the best outcomes and help people return to pain-free, functional lives. Please read some of ourNYC Orthopedic Surgeons Top Reviews.
Our orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive surgical fracture care. Our philosophy of direct doctor to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices on the Upper East Side in NYC. Feel free to contact us today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Dr. Jonathan Glashow, MD 737 Park Ave # 1C New York, NY 10021 (212) 794-5096
- Eurecon Verlag GmbH: 20th Pharma Trend Image & Innovation Awards The Winners and Runner-ups - BioSpace - October 10th, 2019
- World Cord Blood Day 2019 to Welcome Leading Transplant Doctors and Pioneering Cellular Therapy Researchers - PRNewswire - October 10th, 2019
- Sarah Ferguson admits shes had Botox, TWO types of facelift and vitamin injections in a bid to stay youthful - The Sun - October 10th, 2019
- A Doctor Plumbs The Depths Of Ivan Doig's Illness And Asks: 'Did He Have An Epiphany?' - Mountain Journal - October 10th, 2019
- Campaign to save five-year-old cancer sufferer has become one of the fastest online charity appeals EVER - The Sun - October 10th, 2019
- Six people with links to UCLH listed among most influential people in London - University College London Hospitals - October 10th, 2019
- WWE Hall Of Famer Edge returning to the ring? - Wrestling News - October 4th, 2019
- Out of this world: Zionsville doctor sends osteoblast cells into space to study drug effects - Current in Carmel - October 4th, 2019
- Digital health, Unicorns and what the smart money is chasing - BizNews - October 4th, 2019
- Leesport boy fighting a second battle with cancer - Reading Eagle - October 3rd, 2019
- Man with terminal cancer battles back from coma to marry his childhood sweetheart - Mirror Online - October 3rd, 2019
- 2 Years Later, Retired Toms River Teacher Meets Bone Marrow Donor - wobm.com - October 3rd, 2019
- March to fight multiple myeloma scheduled this weekend - BlackburnNews.com - October 2nd, 2019
- Middlesbrough blood donor meets man she saved in Germany - The Northern Echo - October 2nd, 2019
- Taz Believes CM Punk Will Be At SmackDown On Fox Thinks Edge Could Pop Up On AEW Or SmackDown - Fightful - October 2nd, 2019
- Kevin Mwachiro: Keeper of Stories - Roads and Kingdoms - October 2nd, 2019
- Mansfield's Daniel Maberry has returned to coaching during battle with cancer, but his stay on sideline will be brief - The Dallas Morning News - September 25th, 2019
- Eyes on the Prize: The CBC Fights Blindness During Sickle Cell Awareness Month - The Root - September 25th, 2019
- What's on TV Monday: The season premiere of 'Bull' on CBS - Los Angeles Times - September 25th, 2019
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Excessive Growth Opportunities Estimated to be Experienced 2018 to 2028 - Commerce Gazette - September 25th, 2019
- Forecasting the Future of Medicine - The Future of Things - September 25th, 2019
- 'My blood brother:' Bone marrow donation started a friendship - Ottawa Citizen - September 25th, 2019
- Abortion Foe Defends Secret Taping as Investigative Work - Courthouse News Service - September 22nd, 2019
- Cancer is 'only a word,' says Moncton city councillor diagnosed with multiple myeloma - CBC.ca - September 22nd, 2019
- Avoidable blindness: making global sight loss a thing of the past - Raconteur - September 22nd, 2019
- I turned down chemo after being diagnosed with terminal cancer and lived then I became pregnant after d - The Sun - September 22nd, 2019
- Football Players? Or Lab Rats Who Can Run and Pass? - The New York Times - September 22nd, 2019
- Daleiden: sworn testimony exposed Planned Parenthoods crime of trafficking aborted-baby body-parts - Lifesite - September 22nd, 2019
- Mum's tireless campaign as daughter, 2, is kept alive by blood donors - Yahoo News Australia - September 22nd, 2019
- 3-day blood drive in Bathurst supports toddler with rare disease - CBC.ca - September 22nd, 2019
- Bone marrow donor from Germany becomes recipient's maid of honour - DNA India - September 22nd, 2019
- Tumor Marker Testing Market Size, Growth, Trends and 2023 Forecast Report - OnYourDesks - September 22nd, 2019
- Im pleading with you please donate blood to help save my baby girl without it shell die - The Sun - September 22nd, 2019
- Tecumseh girl still looking for bone marrow donor - BlackburnNews.com - September 22nd, 2019
- Cell Harvesting Systems Market research to Exhibit Significant Incremental Dollar Opportunity During the Forecast Period 2016-2026 - Analytics News - September 22nd, 2019
- Leukemia: Know the risk factors to keep the disease at bay - TheHealthSite - September 22nd, 2019
- NI teen's devastating cancer diagnosis days after dream Taylor Swift trip - Belfast Live - September 22nd, 2019
- Buy PRP Kits & Stem Cell Therapy Supplies for Regenerative ... - May 21st, 2019
- LifeCell - India's First and Largest Stem Cell Bank - May 21st, 2019
- Stem Cell Doctors in Auburn Novi MI| Chronic knee pain doctors in Auburn Novi - May 15th, 2019
- Doctors used stem cells to treat stroke symptoms ... - May 15th, 2019
- Elite Hospitals Plunge Into Unproven Stem Cell Treatments ... - May 12th, 2019
- Adult Stem Cell Success Story | Spinal Cord Injury | SCRF - May 12th, 2019
- Best Stem Cell Doctors in Plymouth | Stem cell hip Regeneration Hip Doctor Plymouth MI - May 4th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy | New York - Park Avenue Stem Cell - April 15th, 2019
- Ask the doctors: Stem cell therapies need more research ... - April 13th, 2019
- stem cell Doctors in Dearborn | stem cell knee injections in Dearborn - April 13th, 2019
- Sports & Regenerative Medicine Specialist, Stem Cell ... - April 13th, 2019
- Stem Cell Doctors in Delaware, Stem cell injections, Stem ... - April 13th, 2019
- Meet Our Doctors | National Stem Cell Centers | NY Stem ... - April 13th, 2019
- Stem Cell Doctors | Regenerative Medicine | Stem Cell ... - March 7th, 2019
- 2nd ever HIV patient in remission after stem cell ... - March 7th, 2019
- Stem Cell Docu Series - March 5th, 2019
- Dr. Neil Riordan, Cell Therapy Expert - Stem Cell Treatment ... - February 24th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Tulsa OK | Broken Arrow | Jenks - February 24th, 2019
- Stem Cell FAQ - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA - February 24th, 2019
- Stem Cell Knee Therapy Cost | Stem Cell Knee Injection ... - February 17th, 2019
- Stem Cell Transplantation | Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - February 17th, 2019
- Oregon Regenerative Medicine - Advanced Joint and Injury ... - February 17th, 2019
- Bone marrow transplant - Mayo Clinic - February 17th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Sarasota | Advanced Rejuventation - February 17th, 2019
- Stem Cell for Lower Back Pain Specialists Tombal TX | The Best Stem Cell Doctors in Tombal TX - February 17th, 2019
- Regenerative Medicine Uses And Future Potential ... - February 17th, 2019
- Stem cell Doctors Auburn Hills MI | knee pain treatment Auburn Hills MI - February 15th, 2019
- Stem cell Doctors Troy MI | knee pain treatment Troy MI - February 15th, 2019
- Stem Cell Fraud: A 60 Minutes investigation - CBS News - February 15th, 2019
- Knee - Regenexx - February 15th, 2019
- stem cell Doctors in Dearborn MI | stem cell clinic Dearborn - January 7th, 2019
- Stem Cell of Atlanta Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy ... - December 15th, 2018
- South Texas Spinal Clinic: Orthopedic Surgeons: South Texas - December 15th, 2018
- Stem Cell Therapy - Los Angeles, San Diego and San ... - December 15th, 2018
- Home - Seattle Stem Cell Center - November 26th, 2018
- Stem Cell Therapy Doctors Scottsdale & Phoenix - Stem Cell ... - November 26th, 2018
- StemCell | Ohio Stem Cell Treatment Center of Cleveland ... - November 26th, 2018
- Find a stem cell transplant provider | CTCA - November 26th, 2018
- stem cell doctors Archives - Stem Cell Therapy Phoenix - November 26th, 2018
- Our Doctors - Knee Stem Cells - November 26th, 2018
- Stem Cell Doctor West Bloomfield MI - November 19th, 2018
- FAQs - Stem Cell Treatment for Autoimmune Disorders - November 16th, 2018
- Best Stem Cell Doctors in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Glendale ... - November 13th, 2018