A Warwick mum is holding a fundraising ball to help raise 50,000 to help her fight the progression of her Multiple Sclerosis.
Catherine Cook, who has three young children, was diagnosed with MS in 2000 when she was in her early 30s.
She has been trying to raise 50,000 so that she can have a course of haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT), which could reverse the effects of her condition.
Read more: Warwick mum's 50,000 fundraising drive to help her fight the progression of MSI am trying to change mine and my familys lives",said Catherine. "MS is causing me lots of problems, including pain and exhaustion on a daily basis meaning that I cant join in with a lot of family activities.
I have to plan everything in advance to ensure I get enough rest. I want to get my life back so I can be the mum my children need me to be."
Catherine has been holding various fundraising event throughout the year to help raise the money for the treatment. The fundraising ball, which is taking place next weekend in Warwick, is also raising money for her treatment.
Explaining the treatment Catherine said: HSCT is the only known medical treatment that has halted the progression of MS for the majority of patients who have gone through it. Its a chemotherapy-based treatment which removes your immune system and reboots it using your own harvested stem cells.
Its not available as a standard treatment on the NHS; either you have to be part of a medical study or be one of the most extreme people suffering from MS.
Its offered at in Pueblo, Mexico and Im asking for help to fund my treatment and after care. It isnt risk-free and its a harsh treatment to endure. But almost 700 people have been treated in Mexico including BBC News correspondent Caroline Wyatt.
"I have been accepted for treatment on May 4 2020, so the clock it ticking for me to raise the 50,000 needed. I am currently almost half way there after starting fundraising in February this year, but I know I need to keep going as so much is at stake, not least our three young children who need me to be more active with them and participate in activities with them, instead of in bed."
The ball takes place in the Court House in Warwick on October 12 from 7pm to 11.30pm and will feature food, a raffle, auction and music. Tickets cost 38.
The raffle is open to anyone and features prizes such as meals, wine and vouchers. Raffle tickets cost 5 a strip or three strips for 10.
To donate, buy raffle tickets or tickets for the fundraising ball click here or go to: https://www.rebootcathwithhsct.com/
- Stem cell therapy: a potential approach for treatment of influenza virus and coronavirus-induced acute lung injury - BMC Blogs Network - May 29th, 2020
- Startup targets glioblastoma tumors with CAR-T therapy - FierceBiotech - May 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Impact Stem Cell Therapy Market Size Analysis 2019-2027 - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- COVID-19: Responding to the business impacts of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Revenue, Opportunity, Forecast and Value Chain 2019-2020 - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- AUGUSTMAN Grooming Awards 2020 Part IV: Best Head-To-Toe Treatment Services For Gentlemen - AUGUSTMAN - May 29th, 2020
- On the Origins of Modern Biology and the Fantastic: Part 18 Nalo Hopkinson and Stem Cell Research - tor.com - May 29th, 2020
- Shanghai Cell Therapy Group Launches Collaboration with USC researcher to Improve the ex vivo Expansion of Hematopoietic Stem Cells for Clinical... - May 28th, 2020
- Myeloma cells shift osteoblastogenesis to adipogenesis by inhibiting the ubiquitin ligase MURF1 in mesenchymal stem cells - Science - May 28th, 2020
- Genmab Announces Positive Topline Results in Phase III ANDROMEDA Study of Daratumumab in Light-chain (AL) Amyloidosis - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Global Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Industry Trends, Size, Share, Growth Applications, SWOT Analysis by Top Key Players... - May 28th, 2020
- ViaCyte to Present at the Jefferies Virtual Healthcare Conference - Monterey County Weekly - May 28th, 2020
- AdventHealth launches first-of-its-kind immunotherapy treatment, clinical trial for specific blood cancer patients - The Daily Ridge - May 28th, 2020
- Gamida looks to build out cell therapy infrastructure - Bioprocess Insider - BioProcess Insider - May 28th, 2020
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market to Register Substantial Expansion by Fact.MR - The Cloud Tribune - May 28th, 2020
- On the Origins of Modern Biology and the Fantastic: Part 19 Nalo Hopkinson and Stem Cell Research - tor.com - May 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Growth Analysis by Size, Top Companies, Supply Demand, Trends, Demand, Overview and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of... - May 28th, 2020
- Monocyte-derived multipotent cell delivered programmed therapeutics to reverse idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - Science Advances - May 28th, 2020
- EdiGene and Immunochina Announce Research and Development Collaboration to Develop Allogeneic CAR-T Therapy for Cancer | More News | News Channels -... - May 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Industry Global Market Research and Analysis 2020-2026 - Cole of Duty - May 28th, 2020
- Coronavirus business impact: Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) and Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs) Market Extracts Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) and Cancer... - May 28th, 2020
- Clinical Outcomes Using RYONCIL (remestemcel-L) in Children and Adults With Severe Inflammatory Graft Versus Host Disease Published in Three Articles... - May 26th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Consumption, Trends, Growth, Types,Industrial Applications, Leading Companies & Forecast till 2026 - Jewish Life... - May 26th, 2020
- Silver Nanoparticle-Induced Apoptosis in ARPE-19 Cells Is Inhibited by | IJN - Dove Medical Press - May 26th, 2020
- Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market (Impact of COVID-19) Sales To 2026 Anticipeted By Key Players - Surfacing Magazine - May 26th, 2020
- Life celebrates 20th anniversary during English Tourism Week - North East Times - May 26th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Boom In Near Future By 2027 Scrutinized In New Research - News Distinct - May 26th, 2020
- Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market : Growth factor with key drivers, industry research, regional forecast - Jewish Life News - May 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Global Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market Size, Status and Forecast 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - May 26th, 2020
- Global Myelofibrosis Treatment Market to Register Growth in Incremental Opportunity During the Forecast Period 2016 2022 - Cole of Duty - May 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 treatments are a better bet than a vaccine - Stockhead - May 26th, 2020
- Autologous Cell Therapy Market 2020 Competition by Manufacturers, Concentration Rate, Production Volume, Price|BioTime, Inc., BrainStorm Cell... - May 26th, 2020
- Mesoblast : 3 Articles on RYONCIL GvHD Trial Results Published in BBMT - Marketscreener.com - May 25th, 2020
- Will there still be massage treatments? What the future of luxury spas looks like - Telegraph.co.uk - May 25th, 2020
- The Week Ahead In Biotech: ASCO Presentations In The Spotlight - Benzinga - May 25th, 2020
- Lawyer celebrates 40 years with Blythe Liggins after first day hiccup - Leamington Observer - May 24th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Market Share, Size 2020| Emerging Rapidly with Global Latest Trends, Growth, Revenue, Demand and Forecast to 2027 - Cole of... - May 24th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact on Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market Trends Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Shares, Growth Opportunities, Statistics & Forecast to 2026... - May 24th, 2020
- What is a cytokine storm? And why is its prevention key to treating Covid-19? - Scroll.in - May 24th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact On Global Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market 2020 : Industry Trends, Size, Growth, Swot Analysis By Top Key... - May 24th, 2020
- Restoring vision to the blind - Science Magazine - May 24th, 2020
- Ontario Announces First Phase of Research Projects to Fight COVID-19 - Government of Ontario News - May 24th, 2020
- Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Therapy to Be Assessed in Severe COVID-19 - Pulmonology Advisor - May 23rd, 2020
- World coronavirus Dispatch: Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Statistics, Demand and Revenue; Forecast To 2025 - 3rd Watch News - May 23rd, 2020
- Cells for Cells and Austrianova announce publication on novel method to produce stem cell exosomes - BioSpace - May 23rd, 2020
- The Economic Impact of Coronavirus on Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market : In-depth study on Industry Size and Analysis on... - May 23rd, 2020
- World coronavirus Dispatch: Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy market to witness robust revenue growth between 2018 to 2028 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- Blocking the deadly cytokine storm is a vital weapon for treating COVID-19 - TheStreet - May 23rd, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market: Overview, Opportunities, Analysis of Features, Benefits, Manufacturing Cost and Forecast To 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- Looking toward the Future of Cell & Gene Therapies - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - May 22nd, 2020
- NantKwest Announces FDA Authorization of IND Application for Mesenchymal Stem Cell Product for the Treatment of Severe COVID-19 Patients - Yahoo... - May 22nd, 2020
- Kleo Pharmaceuticals and Celularity Enter into Research Collaboration to Rapidly Develop Allogeneic NK Cell Combination Therapies for COVID-19 and... - May 22nd, 2020
- Blocking the deadly cytokine storm is a vital weapon for treating COVID-19 - The Conversation US - May 22nd, 2020
- Analysis on Impact of COVID-19-Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020-2024 | Increase in Awareness of Stem Cell Therapy to Boost Growth | Technavio - Business... - May 19th, 2020
- NantKwest Announces FDA Authorization of IND Application for Mesenchymal Stem Cell Product for the Treatment of Severe COVID-19 Patients - Business... - May 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Improved Quality of Life in Patients with Microvascular Dysfunction - Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology - May 19th, 2020
- Can stem cell therapy help - Greater Kashmir - May 19th, 2020
- Family needs to raise 40k towards potentially life-changing treatment for mum with MS - Coventry Telegraph - May 19th, 2020
- Interim Results of Phase I Study Confirms Safety with Early Signs of Efficacy for TRPH-222 in NHL - OncoZine - May 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Treatments Market Report, History and Forecast 2015-2025, Breakdown Data by Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types and Application - Express... - May 19th, 2020
- Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Therapy to Be Assessed in Severe COVID-19 - Monthly Prescribing Reference - May 17th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Emirati dentist who received stem cell therapy doing well - Gulf News - May 17th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report 2020 By Size, Share, Trends, Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 17th, 2020
- Outcomes of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Children With Diamond-Blackfan Anemia - Hematology Advisor - May 17th, 2020
- Venetoclax May Play Role as Salvage Therapy in Multiply Relapsed MCL - Targeted Oncology - May 17th, 2020
- The Week Ahead In Biotech: Aquestive Awaits FDA Decision, Earnings Flow Slows - Benzinga - May 17th, 2020
- GEMoaB Announces Data Presentations Supporting Key Features of Its UniCAR Platform At the Upcoming American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)... - May 17th, 2020
- Michael Hiltzik: Don't be taken in by stem cell firms offering unsubstantiated therapies for COVID-19 - Rome News-Tribune - May 15th, 2020
- Mike Tyson lifts lid on training regime and stem-cell therapy ahead of comeback - Metro.co.uk - May 15th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 15th, 2020
- Mum's brutal stem cell treatment has 'all been worth it' as she enjoys time with family - Grimsby Live - May 15th, 2020
- Kleo Pharmaceuticals to Present Preclinical Data Highlighting the Synergistic Potential of Kleo Asset KP1237 and Autologous NK Cells in the Treatment... - May 15th, 2020
- Here's Why Big Buyers Are Excited About This Cancer Immunotherapy Stock - Motley Fool - May 15th, 2020
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Tisagenlecleucel in the Treatment of Re | CEOR - Dove Medical Press - May 15th, 2020
- Mesoblast raises $138m from investors on hopes for COVID-19 treatment - Sydney Morning Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Group of Genes Have Altered Expression in Autism - Technology Networks - May 15th, 2020
- SENECA BIOPHARMA : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - May 15th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 15th, 2020
- Cardio Stem Cell Therapy Used to Treat Critically Ill Covid-19 Patients - Physician's Weekly - May 14th, 2020
- Cellectar Granted Composition of Matter and Use Patent in Europe for CLR 131 - GlobeNewswire - May 14th, 2020
- Magenta Therapeutics Presents Data at Annual Meeting of American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy Demonstrating Cells Mobilized with MGTA-145 in a... - May 14th, 2020