Stem Cell Therapy for Parkinsons Disease
Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by Parkinsons Disease. StemGenexStem Cell Research Centre provides Parkinsons stem cell therapy to help those with unmet clinical needs achieve optimum health and better quality of life. A clinical study registered through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) atwww.clinicaltrials.gov/stemgenex has been established to evaluate the quality of life changes in individuals with Parkinsons Disease following stem cell therapy.
Parkinsons Disease stem cell therapy is being studied for efficacy in improving the complications in patients through the use of their own stem cells.These procedures may help patients who dont respond to typical drug treatment, want to reduce their reliance on medication, or are looking to try stem cell therapy before starting drug treatment for Parkinsons.
To learn more about becoming a patient and receiving stem cell therapy through StemGenex Stem Cell Research Centre, please contact one of our Patient Advocates at (800) 609-7795. Below are some frequently asked questions aboutstem cell therapy for Parkinsons Disease.
The majority of complications in Parkinsons patients are related to the failure of dopamine neurons to do their job properly. Dopamine sends signals to the part of your brain that controls movement. It lets your muscles move smoothly and do what you want them to do. Once the nerve cells break down you no longer have enough dopamine, and you have trouble moving and completing tasks.
This stem cell treatment for Parkinson's disease is designed to target these neurons and to help with the creation of new dopamine producing neurons. In addition, stem cells may release natural chemicals called cytokines which can induce differentiation of the stem cells into dopamine producing neurons.
Upholding the highest levels of ethical conduct, safety and efficacy is our primary focus. Five clinical stem cell studies for Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are registered through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/stemgenex. Each clinical study is reviewed and approved by an independent Institutional Review Board (IRB) to ensure proper oversight and protocols are being followed.
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of human tissue and have the ability to repair, rebuild, and rejuvenate tissues in the body. When a disease or injury strikes, stem cells respond to specific signals and set about to facilitate the healing process by differentiating into specialized cells required for the bodys repair.
There are four known types of stem cells which include:
StemGenex provides autologous adult stem cells (from fat tissue) where the stem cells come from the person receiving treatment.
StemGenex provides autologous adult adipose-derived stem cells (from fat tissue) where the stem cells come from the person receiving treatment.
We tap into our bodys stem cell reserve daily to repair and replace damaged or diseased tissue. When the bodys reserve is limited and as it becomes depleted, the regenerative power of our body decreases and we succumb to disease and injury.
Three sources of stem cells from a patients body are used clinically which include adipose tissue (fat), bone marrow and peripheral blood.
Performed by Board Certified Physicians, dormant stem cells are extracted from the patients adipose tissue (fat) through a minimally invasive mini-liposuction procedure with little to no downtime.
During the liposuction procedure, a small area (typically the abdomen) is numbed with an anesthetic and patients receive mild to moderate sedation. Next, the extracted dormant stem cells are isolated from the fat and activated, and then comfortably infused back into the patient intravenously (IV) and via other directly targeted methods of administration. The out-patient procedure takes approximately four to five hours.
StemGenex provides multiple administration methods for Parkinson's Disease patients to best target the disease related conditions and symptoms which include:
Since each condition and patient are unique, there is no guarantee of what results will be achieved or how quickly they may be observed. According to patient feedback, many patients report results in one to three months, however, it may take as long as six to nine months. Individuals interested in stem cell therapy are urged to consult with their physician before choosing investigational autologous adipose-derived stem cell therapy as a treatment option.
In order to determine if you are a good candidate for adult stem cell treatment, you will need to complete a medical history form which will be provided by your StemGenex Patient Advocate. Once you complete and submit your medical history form, our medical team will review your records and determine if you are a qualified candidate for adult stem cell therapy.
StemGenex team members are here to help assist and guide you through the patient process.
Patients travel to StemGenex located in Del Mar, California located in San Diego County for stem cell treatment from all over the United States, Canada and around the globe. Treatment will consist of one visit lasting a total of three days. The therapy is minimally invasive and there is little to no down time. Majority of patients fly home the day after treatment.
We provide stem cell therapy for a wide variety of diseases and conditions for which traditional treatment offers less than optimal options. Some conditions include Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
The side effects of the mini-liposuction procedure are minimal and may include but are not limited to: minor swelling, bruising and redness at the procedure site, minor fever, headache, or nausea. However, these side effects typically last no longer than 24 hours and are experienced mostly by people with sensitivity to mild anesthesia. No long-term negative side effects or risks have been reported.
The side effects of adipose-derived stem cell therapy are minimal and may include but are not limited to: infection, minor bleeding at the treatment sites and localized pain. However, these side effects typically last no longer than 24 hours. No long-term negative side effects or risks have been reported.
StemGenex provides adult stem cell treatment with mesenchymal stem cells which come from the person receiving treatment. Embryonic stem cells are typically associated with ethical and political controversies.
The FDA is currently in the process of defining a regulatory path for cellular therapies. A Scientific Workshop and Public Hearing Draft Guidances Relating to the Regulation of Human Cells, Tissues or Cellular or Tissue-Based Products was held in September 2016 at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. Currently, stem cell treatment is not FDA approved.
In March 2016, bipartisan legislation, the REGROW Act was introduced to the Senate and House of Representatives to develop and advance stem cell therapies.
Stem cell treatment is not covered by health insurance at this time. The cost for standard preoperative labs are included. Additional specific labs may be requested at the patients expense.
People suffering from Parkinson's Disease often suffer from the following complications::
- Naturally Treat & Heal The Cause of Pain with Regenerative Therapies - The Mountaineer - May 15th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy UCARTCS1A Shows Early Activity in Relapsed/Refractory Myeloma - OncLive - May 15th, 2021
- Rinri Therapeutics Secures Innovate UK Funding Grant for 3.2m Project to Advance its Novel Cell-Based Therapy to Restore Hearing Loss - PRNewswire - May 15th, 2021
- With $52 Million Series A, Appia Bio Anticipates a Bright Future in Cell Therapy - BioSpace - May 15th, 2021
- Genenta Phase I/II Glioblastoma Data at ASGCT Show Temferon Delivered Tumor-Focused Interferon ExpressionData presented at the 2021 American Society... - May 15th, 2021
- Safety and Efficacy of Consolidation Therapy with Ipilimumab Plus Nivolumab after Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation - DocWire News - May 15th, 2021
- Fascination with stem cell sensation leads to Fulbright scholarship - Monash University - May 15th, 2021
- Omeros' Narsoplimab Pivotal Trial Data to Be Shared as an Oral Presentation at the European Hematology Association Congress - Business Wire - May 15th, 2021
- Munshi Explains Staging, Prognosis, and Treatment for a Patient With Acute Graft-vs-Host-Disease - Targeted Oncology - May 15th, 2021
- KD-PACE Salvage Therapy for Aggressive Relapsed Refractory Multiple Myeloma, Plasma Cell Leukemia and Extramedullary Myeloma - DocWire News - May 15th, 2021
- Icy Microneedle Patch Delivers Cell Therapy, Then Melts - Freethink - May 15th, 2021
- FDA Responds to Creative Medical Technology Holdings Regarding Its ImmCelz IND for Stroke Treatment - BioSpace - May 15th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market 2021 Type and End-use Industry 2026 Orange County Hair Restoration Center,... - May 15th, 2021
- Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cell Segment Is Expected To Lead In the Global Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market over the Forecast Period,... - May 15th, 2021
- Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products Market Size Worth $21.2 Billion By 2028: Grand View Research, Inc. - PRNewswire - May 15th, 2021
- New connection between metabolism and red blood cell development - Harvard Gazette - May 15th, 2021
- Heart attack recovery aided by injecting heart muscle cells that overexpress cyclin D2 - The Mix - May 15th, 2021
- Vertex and CRISPR Therapeutics to Present New Clinical Data - GlobeNewswire - May 15th, 2021
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals Presents Positive Clinical Data from Fanconi Anemia, Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiency-I, and Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency Programs... - May 15th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Growth And Change To 2030 - Yahoo Finance - May 3rd, 2021
- Stem cell therapy for COPD: Cost, effectiveness, and more - Medical News Today - May 3rd, 2021
- Thomas Smeenk on Hemostemix's autologous stem cell therapy technology and why some call it 'the fountain of youth' - InvestorIntel - May 3rd, 2021
- Mesoblast says its stem cell treatment saved lives of severely ill COVID patients - Stockhead - May 3rd, 2021
- Antiviral T cells protected, viable as off-the-shelf treatment for painful complication stem cells - Microbioz India - May 3rd, 2021
- Investigating CAR T-Cell Therapy for Use in Different Disease Types - Targeted Oncology - May 3rd, 2021
- Should scientists be allowed to grow human embryos in a dish beyond 14 days? Is it scientifically important or morally wrong? - USA TODAY - May 3rd, 2021
- Hope, hype and exploitation the wild history of stem cell science - ABC News - May 3rd, 2021
- Brave New World is being reinvented with synthetic embryosand the right reasons - SYFY WIRE - May 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Trends Evaluation 2021 By Leading Players Updates, Consumer-Demand, Key Strategies, Consumption, Industry Development, Market... - May 3rd, 2021
- STEM NOLA Teams with Obatala Science & CellSpring to Expose Students to Careers and Medical Research at Biotech Startups - PRNewswire - May 3rd, 2021
- Breakthrough gene therapies in sight | UNC-Chapel Hill - UNC Chapell Hill - May 3rd, 2021
- FDA's Abecma Approval a 'Great Blessing' for Patients with Multiple Myeloma - Curetoday.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Enhanced inhibition of tumor growth using TRAIL-overexpressing adipose-derived stem cells in combination with the chemotherapeutic agent CPT-11 in... - May 3rd, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020-2027 Trends, industry vertical, along with the geography, delivering valuable insights | Reportspedia Clark... - May 3rd, 2021
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Report 2021 by Global Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Size, Forecast to 2027 Clark County... - May 3rd, 2021
- CRISPRoff Reversible Epigenome Editing Method Could Enable Safer, More Precise Therapeutics - GenomeWeb - May 3rd, 2021
- Cell Therapy Market To Expand At An expeditious Growth Rate From 2021-2027 | Thermo Fisher Scientific, Nanofiber Solutions, Advanced Biomatrix,... - May 3rd, 2021
- FTC continues to crack down on companies peddling fake COVID treatments and cures - HamletHub - May 3rd, 2021
- ThermoGenesis : The History of Cell and Gene Therapy - marketscreener.com - April 18th, 2021
- Russell Health Honored in Global Business Leaders Magazine's '20 Leading Companies of the Year 2021' - PRNewswire - April 18th, 2021
- Durable B-ALL Control With Allogeneic Transplant After CAR T-Cell Therapy - Cancer Therapy Advisor - April 18th, 2021
- CRISPR lauds easy scale-out of cell therapy - BioProcess Insider - BioProcess Insider - April 18th, 2021
- NeoProgen, Inc. Receives First Granted Patent for Method to Treat Cardiac Conditions using Neonatal Heart-derived Medicinal Signaling Cells (nMSCs)... - April 18th, 2021
- CRISPR gene therapy for sickle cell disease approved by the FDA - BioNews - April 18th, 2021
- Man's heart healed by stem cell therapy and love of an old flame - Leeds Live - April 18th, 2021
- Autologous Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Professional Report 2021 Witness Robust Expansion by 2026 SoccerNurds - SoccerNurds - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis 2021: Size, Share, Sales, Growth, Revenue, Type, Application & Forecast To 2027 SoccerNurds - SoccerNurds - April 18th, 2021
- Mastitis therapy explored | AG | kmaland.com - KMAland - April 18th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Enters the Arena in Multiple Myeloma With Ongoing Research Ahead - OncLive - April 18th, 2021
- Leukemia Cutis: Symptoms and Treatment - Healthline - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market is Set to Witness Impressive Growth | Top Players Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (US), MEDIPOST Co., Ltd. KSU | The Sentinel... - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 SWOT Analysis, Growth Rate, and Market Share By Type, Application and Global Forecast 2027 - Los Hijos de la... - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2025 - The Courier - March 8th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Industry Analysis, Growth Factors, Trends, and Regional Forecast to 2027 - The Courier - March 8th, 2021
- Pericardial Injection Effective, Less Invasive Way to Get Regenerative Therapies to Heart - NC State News - March 8th, 2021
- Biomarkers Help Predict the Role of Chemotherapy in Biologic Aging - OncLive - March 8th, 2021
- Glial Cell Discovery Could Point the Way to Motor Neuron Disease Therapies - Technology Networks - March 8th, 2021
- Mouth Sores from Chemo: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments - Healthline - February 19th, 2021
- ThermoGenesis Holdings Begins a Year of Celebration of its 35th Anniversary in the Cell Banking and Cell Therapy Industry - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Meet the women hoping to recruit more stem cells donors from Black communities - CTV News - February 19th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Carves Out a Role in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - February 19th, 2021
- AI project to power the future of stem cell manufacturing - TechCentral.ie - February 17th, 2021
- Promising Results for Stem Cell Treatment of Degenerative ... - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy for Heart Disease - Cleveland Clinic - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy for Stroke Recovery | University of ... - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Treatment: Future of Modern Medicine | Science Times - February 14th, 2021
- Researchers may have found a miracle cure for baldness - BGR - February 14th, 2021
- Types of leukemia: Prevalence, treatment options, and prognosis - Medical News Today - February 14th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Launch of New Clinical Trial with National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to Evaluate JSP191 in Sickle Cell Disease -... - February 14th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Set to Reach USD 214.5 Million by 2024 - The Courier - February 14th, 2021
- Keep it Flowing: Combating COVID-19 Blood Shortages in Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - February 14th, 2021
- Network-based screen in iPSC-derived cells reveals therapeutic candidate for heart valve disease - Science - February 14th, 2021
- AlloVir Research Presented at the 2021 Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Meeting Digital Experience - Business Wire - February 14th, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics talks the benefits of HSC therapy - BioProcess Insider - February 14th, 2021
- Protein Discovery in the Development of New Hearing Hair Cells Could Lead to Treatments for Hearing Loss - SciTechDaily - February 7th, 2021
- Stem cells efficacy confirmed in treating ototoxic hearing loss - Korea Biomedical Review - February 4th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Trial Shows Umbilical-Cord Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Infusions Save Lives of Sickest COVID-19 Patients - HospiMedica - January 22nd, 2021
- Massive Growth in Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Set to Witness Huge Growth by 2027| VETSTEM BIOPHARMA, Cell Therapy Sciences, Regeneus, Aratana... - January 22nd, 2021
- Autologous stem cell transplantation versus bortezomib for the first line treatment of systemic light chain amyloidosis in the UK - DocWire News - January 22nd, 2021
- Promising Steps Toward Retinal Cell Transplants to Fight Blindness - HealthDay News - January 22nd, 2021