A Summerside family are going through an unimaginable experience that has left them shaken to the core.
Matthew and Victoria Sara Kingyen grew concerned when their three-year-old son Camden woke to severe headaches, and one morning with vomiting, over a nine-day span before Christmas.
On Dec. 10 I decided to take Camden to see his family doctor, but her appointments were full for the day, so I took him to the emergency department in Summersides Prince County Hospital around 9 a.m., explained Victoria.
After an examination at the Prince County Hospital, it was decided Camden should have a CT Scan to hopefully rule out anything major.
But doctors had devasting news for the couple.
"Everyday we hope well wake up from this awful nightmare." - Victoria Sara Kingyen
We were told there was a mass cancerous tumour (Medulloblastoma) in his brain. A neurosurgeon at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax was notified and reviewed Camdens scan. They requested us to be at IWK as soon as possible, and we were transported by ambulance, arriving that evening at 6 p.m., she continued.
Camden had a 90-minute MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan at the IWK that revealed smaller tumors surrounding the large mass, including tumors all the way down his spine.
Brain surgery was required, and after chemotherapy.
His case is advanced and will require an aggressive treatment plan. We were all absolutely shocked at the news after the CT scan and then again after the MRI. Our life changed in an instant and now we are helping our beautiful baby boy fight for his life.
Everyday we hope well wake up from this awful nightmare. My husband Matt, owner of Advanced Builders Inc. in Summerside, will be travelling back and forth between P.E.I. and Halifax, and then to Toronto, while I stay with Camden at the hospitals, continued Victoria, who added Camdens older brother has been coping well so far from the separation.
Camden requires nine-weeks of chemotherapy treatment at the IWK, which started on Jan. 3.
After the treatment, if his body is responding, we will travel to the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto for an extra nine-weeks of what they call big chemotherapy.
During his first treatments at the IWK, Victoria and Camden will make two short trips to Toronto for stem cell harvesting. Stem cells will be harvested to essentially rescue his body from the chemotherapy as the doses increase.
Before Camden started chemotherapy, he had four surgeries over Christmas, said Victoria, who gave up work to take care of her son full-time.
Aaron Dawson, owner of Hustle Athletic Training Inc. in Summerside, is hosting a fundraiser called Push-ups for Cam to help support the family.
When I was at my former location, I was a personal trainer for Matt Kingyen, and his company called Advanced Builders Inc. did all the renovations of this gym and made Hustle what it is today. Victoria is also my bookkeeper here, Dawson explained his connection to the family.
I learned about their son a couple of weeks ago, and things have happened fairly quickly since then. It was a shock. I have three small kids of my own, they play with the Kingyen children, so it breaks your heart. I wanted to help the family in some way, he said.
Dawson is looking for pledges per push-up, which will take place at Hustle Athletic Training Inc.located at 465 Water Street in Summerside on Jan. 18 at 3 p.m.
You can pledge $1 per push-up, so if I end up doing 200 push-ups in the hour, you owe $200. Its totally up to you how much you pledge it could even be 1 cent, he said.
Hustle Athletic Training Inc. will collect pledge donations after the event that's open to the public and will be filmed live on the gyms Facebook page.
To learn more visit, facebook.com/HustleAthleticTrainingPEI or call Aaron Dawson on, 902-315-1950.
Pledge forms can be downloaded here.
Here is the original post:
Summerside gym needs donations for three-year-old boy with cancerous brain tumors - The Journal Pioneer
- Indiana's top doctors frustrated about the state's COVID-19 vaccination rate - 953mnc.com - August 31st, 2021
- Should You Get a COVID Booster Shot? Our Doctor Explains - Articles and Videos, COVID-19, Featured, Health Topics - Hackensack Meridian Health - August 31st, 2021
- OpRegen: tackling the leading cause of blindness with cell replacement - Clinical Trials Arena - August 31st, 2021
- I blamed stress for my three-month period but it turned out to be much more sinister... - The Sun - August 31st, 2021
- New fault lines emerge in Car-T therapy - Vantage - August 31st, 2021
- When aid-in-dying means you have to go before youre ready - Monterey Herald - August 31st, 2021
- Dr. Death Season 1 Review: Truth continues to be stranger than fiction. - Times of India - August 31st, 2021
- Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) Diagnostics Market is expected to Account for Over US$ 9.5 Million in - PharmiWeb.com - August 31st, 2021
- COVID-19 in children with cancer: Severe disease and disrupted treatment - Markets Insider - August 31st, 2021
- Sophomore saves sister's life with stem cell donation - University of Miami - August 5th, 2021
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome Treatment Options - Healthline - August 5th, 2021
- Gold River Productions, Inc. (GRPS) Appoints Michael Berkowitz to spearhead the Rejuvenation Division with StemSpa - Yahoo Finance - August 5th, 2021
- Colin Jackson health: Im in constant pain Athlete to undergo stem cell therapy to help - Express - August 5th, 2021
- The Basics of MDS: Diagnosis and Staging - Curetoday.com - August 5th, 2021
- Blood donation clinic will honour life of Jocelyn McGlynn - Chatham Daily News - August 5th, 2021
- Pharming Group reports financial results for the first half of 2021 - PRNewswire - August 5th, 2021
- Symptoms of seizures: Early signs, post-seizure, and more - Medical News Today - August 5th, 2021
- Lymph nodes: Purpose, location, and disease warning signs - Medical News Today - June 8th, 2021
- Teesside baby will be third in country to have ground breaking complex cancer treatment - Teesside Live - June 8th, 2021
- Brave Nathaniel Nabena, 9, all smiles as he has life-saving procedure - thanks to you - The Mirror - June 8th, 2021
- Local veterinary clinics offer integrated care options for pets - williamsonherald.com - June 8th, 2021
- Blood cancer and leukaemia: UAE oncologist urges public to spot the symptoms - The National - June 8th, 2021
- Replotting the human: the thorny ethics of growing babies outside the womb - Prospect - June 8th, 2021
- Crossroads of life: Jordan Reed's journey through concussions, injuries and post-NFL healing - The Athletic - June 8th, 2021
- B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: What to know - Medical News Today - May 28th, 2021
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and stomach pain: What is the link? - Medical News Today - May 28th, 2021
- Top 12 Disruptive Gene and Cell Therapy Technologies Announced - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- BlueRock and Senti Collaborate to Build Smarter, Disease-Fighting Cell Therapies - BioSpace - May 28th, 2021
- Living with blood cancer - Lara Said - Times of Malta - May 28th, 2021
- 3D Printed Stem Cells Could Revolutionize Neuroscience, Aid Treatment and Understanding of Neural Diseases - Science Times - May 28th, 2021
- In the War on Cancer, Science Is Winning - The Wall Street Journal - May 28th, 2021
- Whats Causing Black Fungus? Here Is What The Doctors Have To Say - The Logical Indian - May 28th, 2021
- University of Pittsburgh Won't Explain its Planned Parenthood Ties | Opinion - Newsweek - May 28th, 2021
- Trial treatment with a mythologically-inspired name saves life of young man diagnosed with multiple myeloma - Neos Kosmos - May 28th, 2021
- An unusual addition to Californias 2022 ballot - CalMatters - May 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Los Angeles - Darrow Stem Cell Institute - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Transplants: A Lifesaving Treatment for Cancer ... - February 14th, 2021
- Smart Stem Cells Made From Fat Have the Power to Heal - Freethink - February 14th, 2021
- Are Covid-19 vaccines safe for cancer patients? Here is what cancer experts say - CNN - February 14th, 2021
- The race to treat a rare, fatal syndrome may help others with common disorders like diabetes - Science Magazine - February 14th, 2021
- Arlo's Army needs stem cell donor as mum begs for help to save three-year-old's life - Glasgow Live - February 14th, 2021
- Arlo's Army: mum opens up on heartbreaking decision to make 3-year-old sick to save his life - Glasgow Live - February 14th, 2021
- Bone marrow transplant shows signs of curing brave little boy with one in a million condition - Shields Gazette - February 14th, 2021
- Canada's blood supply has a diversity problem and people are dying because of it - CBC.ca - February 2nd, 2021
- State-of-the-Art Treatments Garner University Foot and Ankle Institute Multiple Top Doctor Awards - Yahoo Finance - February 2nd, 2021
- Dean Tracy Johnson seeks to diversify the pipeline of future scientists and doctors - UCLA Newsroom - February 2nd, 2021
- Transforming optimism: finding new ways to treat rare cancers - Cancer Research UK - Science Blog - February 2nd, 2021
- Family of Belfast woman Eimear Gooderham (25) share memories and dealing with grief in special UTV programme - Belfast Telegraph - February 2nd, 2021
- Doctor: COVID-19 cases will continue to slowly go down, but were not out of the woods - Yahoo Money - January 23rd, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players In-depth Analysis Research Report Foresight to 2027 - KSU | The... - January 23rd, 2021
- Leading Urologist Doubles Down on CaverStem Regenerative Stem Cell Procedure for Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men - PRNewswire - January 22nd, 2021
- Sisters who organised an Ilkley fundraising ball are to be honoured - Wharfedale Observer - January 22nd, 2021
- Medical Doctor: Roes Overlooking of the Consensus of Societal Morality and Science Reverberates to This Day - National Catholic Register - January 22nd, 2021
- DARZALEX FASPRO (daratumumab and hyaluronidase-fihj) Becomes the First FDA-Approved Treatment for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Light Chain (AL)... - January 22nd, 2021
- Seattle researchers find clues for treatments that could eliminate HIV in infected patients - GeekWire - January 14th, 2021
- Flow Cytometry Market is Projected to Reach a Value of US$8100 Mn by the End of 2025 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 14th, 2021
- Doctors diagnosed a Suffolk teen with a rare condition. Now, his mom is part of the solution - 13newsnow.com WVEC - January 12th, 2021
- Cassville club assists 2 families as they recover from illness - telegraphherald.com - January 12th, 2021
- The 26 billion-dollar startups to watch that are revolutionizing healthcare in 2021 - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market 2020 Overview By Size, Share, Trends, Growth Factors and Leading Players With Detailed Analysis of Industry Structure... - January 12th, 2021
- More than 250 articles and a book later, the Valley Doctor bids adieu - San Lorenzo Valley Press-Banner - January 12th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Treatment for Severe COVID-19 Using Stem Cells It's Like Smart Bomb Technology in the Lung - SciTechDaily - January 5th, 2021
- New combo therapy offered against refractory T-cell lymphoma - Korea Biomedical Review - January 5th, 2021
- Hair Growth Treatment Secrets Bollywood Will Never Tell You About - Times of India - January 5th, 2021
- Are metabolic hormones the next frontier in cancer treatment? - MedCity News - January 5th, 2021
- Limerick toddler to wait six months for trial cancer treatment after family raises over 400,000 - Extra.ie - January 5th, 2021
- West Lothian mum fighting for her life after back pain turned out to be terminal blood cancer - Edinburgh Live - January 5th, 2021
- MorphoSys and Incyte Announce the Acceptance of the Swissmedic Marketing Authorization Application for Tafasitamab - Yahoo Finance UK - January 5th, 2021
- A Wish Come True urges plungers to dump a bucket of ice water on themselves for this year's fundraiser - Fall River Herald News - December 26th, 2020
- Ashley Cain says over 80,000 people registered for stem cell donation in 48 hours after appeal to save baby - The Sun - December 22nd, 2020
- The 11 most mind-blowing, awe-inspiring health discoveries and innovations of 2020 - Business Insider - Business Insider - December 22nd, 2020
- 3-year-old patient successfully treated for rare fatal disease- familial Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) at Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh -... - December 22nd, 2020
- Startups are racing to reproduce breast milk in the lab - MIT Technology Review - December 22nd, 2020
- Hand weakness: Causes, symptoms, treatment, and seeking help - Medical News Today - December 22nd, 2020
- Gujarat Issues Health Advisory On Fungal Infection With "50% Mortality Rate" - NDTV - December 22nd, 2020
- A side-by-side comparison of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines - STAT - December 22nd, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present Innovative Therapies to Better Treat Blood Cancers at American Society of Hematology Virtual Conference - Business Wire - December 9th, 2020
- Medical technologies that will disrupt (and improve) healthcare in the 2020s - Universe.byu.edu - December 9th, 2020
- Community Cord Blood Banking saves life of child with aplastic anaemia - The Hindu - November 20th, 2020
- Arya Lloyd: Father launches global search for blood stem cell donor to save his 12-year-old daughter - Sky News - November 20th, 2020