Stem Cell Therapy in Tulsa, Oklahoma Our physicians utilize stem cell therapy in treating Stem Cell Injections for Arthritis, Tendonitis, Knee Pain & More
As an alternative to surgery, our patients can now benefit from injections of platelet rich plasma, amniotic, bone marrow or adipose stem cells to treat chronic orthopaedic conditions. These treatments can reduce pain and provide long lasting relief from chronic tendinitis, early arthritis and cartilage damage in the joint.
Our surgeons offer these fairly new treatment options; PRP, amniotic membrane stem cell, bone marrow stem cell as well as adipose stem cell injections to successfully treat patients with knee, hip or shoulder osteoarthritis, rotator cuff tendonitis, Achilles tendonitis, chronic bursitis, meniscal tears and degenerative arthritis. (For clarification, amniotic stem cells comes from the amniotic sac not an embryo. While some people may have ethical issues with embryonic stem cell therapy, most people agree the use of amniotic tissue productraises no ethical or moral questions.)
Why do I have chronic pain in my joints and tendons?
As we age, our bodies undergo wear and tear from previous injuries, exercising, playing sports or arthritis. We do not repair these injures as well as we did when we were young. We produce less of our repair cells (mesenchymal stem cells) as we get older so it takes longer to recover.
How can Amniotic tissue injections help me?
Stem cell treatment takes advantage of the bodys ability to repair itself. With amniotic tissue product, the physician injects cells from amniotic tissues into your body. These stem cells have anti-inflammatory properties, similar to steroid and cortisone shots. Whats great is stem cell therapy can go beyond the benefits of standard injection therapy. Stem cells can actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in amniotic stem cells may replace damaged cells in your body. Stem cell injections also contain hyaluronic acid which lubricates tendons and joints which eases pain and helps to restore mobility.
How are Bone Marrow stem cells obtained?
One of the richest sources of stem cells is bone marrow, and the hip (pelvis) is one of the best and most convenient locations for obtaining bone marrow. During the harvesting procedure, the doctor removes (or aspirates) your cells from the pelvis. A trained nurse or technician then uses specifically designed equipment to concentrate the stem cells in the bone marrow and provides the cells back to the surgeon for implantation at the site of injury. This technique can be performed in one of our procedure rooms at the clinic.
How are Adipose stem cells obtained?
A small sample of Adipose tissue (fat) is removed from above the Superior Iliac spine (love handles) or abdomen under a local anesthetic. Then a trained nurse or technician uses specifically designed equipment to concentrate the adipose stem cells and provides the cells back to the surgeon for implantation at the site of injury. This technique can be performed in one of our procedure rooms at the clinic.
What are the benefits of Stem Cell injections?
Amniotic Stem Cell injections provide patients with a non-surgical treatment option to reduce various types of musculoskeletal pain. The injections are performed under Ultrasound guidance to ensure proper placement of the stem cells. With amniotic stem cells, there is no threat of patient rejection and amniotic fluid is highly concentrated source of stem cells, which makes this type of stem cell injection preferable.
Are Stem Cell injections safe?
Yes, more than 10,000 injections have been performed without a single reported adverse side effect. The use of amniotic stem cells is well researched, safe and effective, plus they have been used by ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons for around 20 years.
Is PRP the same as Stem Cell Therapy?
No, PRP is the injection or addition of blood platelets to enhance or jump-start the healing of soft tissue. Stem cell therapy is the process of using stem cells to create new cells to promote damaged or lost cells. They are different treatments but fall in the category of regenerative medicine.
How is PRP obtained?
To develop a PRP preparation, blood must first be drawn from a patient. The platelets are separated from other blood cells and their concentration is increased during a process called centrifugation. The increased concentration of platelets is then injected back into the region of the body being treated. This technique can also be performed in one of our clinic procedure rooms.
Does insurance cover these regenerative procedures?
While PRP and stem cell therapy has been used for years to treat a multitude of injuries, their application is fairly new to orthopaedics. Due to this, some insurance companies may deny coverage making these procedures self-pay. In most cases its close to the amount of your deductible if you did in fact have a surgery. Our business office will be happy to work with you to obtain alternative payment arrangements prior to scheduling any procedure.
Am I a candidate for these regenerative treatment options?
If you are suffering from any kind of joint, tendon or ligament pain and most other conservative treatments arent alleviating it then you may be a candidate for amniotic tissue product. However if you have severe degenerative osteoarthritis you may not be eligible. If you believe you are a candidate then please fill out the form to the right to schedule a consultation appointment with one of our surgeons. They will look at your X-rays and examine you to determine if you are a candidate for one of these regenerative treatments.
Post-Procedure Instructions for Joints
Immediately After Your Cell Transplant Procedure: The stem cell injection includes producing a micro injury in the joint. As a result, expect the joint to be sore. This can be everything from minimally sore to very sore. Activity: The goal is to allow the stem cells to attach and then to protect them while they differentiate into cartilage. For this reason, youll be asked to keep the joint as still as possible for 30-60 minutes after the procedure. Do not take a bath for three days, but a shower 12 hours after the procedure is fine. 1st 3rd Day: For the first day, you should limit activity on the joint. If you have post-op soreness this may be easy to do, as you may have a natural limp or antalgic gait (your body does this to reduce pressure on the area to allow healing). If you dont have this, then simply, naturally taking a bit of weight off this area as you walk is a good idea this first day. Avoid all contact sports as well as jogging, running, or sports that involve impact on that joint. 4th Day 2nd Week: You can start to walk normally, no more than 30-60 minutes a day. Avoid all contact sports as well as jogging, running, or sports that involve impact on that joint. Bike riding is fine as are stationary bikes (no up/downs), elliptical machines, and swimming (no breast stroke). 3rd 6th Week: Avoid all contact sports as well as jogging, running, or sports that involve impact on that joint. You can walk as much as you like. Bike riding is fine, as are stationary bikes, elliptical machine, and swimming. Stem Cell Therapy Testimonials
- Eurecon Verlag GmbH: 20th Pharma Trend Image & Innovation Awards The Winners and Runner-ups - BioSpace - October 10th, 2019
- World Cord Blood Day 2019 to Welcome Leading Transplant Doctors and Pioneering Cellular Therapy Researchers - PRNewswire - October 10th, 2019
- Sarah Ferguson admits shes had Botox, TWO types of facelift and vitamin injections in a bid to stay youthful - The Sun - October 10th, 2019
- A Doctor Plumbs The Depths Of Ivan Doig's Illness And Asks: 'Did He Have An Epiphany?' - Mountain Journal - October 10th, 2019
- Campaign to save five-year-old cancer sufferer has become one of the fastest online charity appeals EVER - The Sun - October 10th, 2019
- Six people with links to UCLH listed among most influential people in London - University College London Hospitals - October 10th, 2019
- WWE Hall Of Famer Edge returning to the ring? - Wrestling News - October 4th, 2019
- Out of this world: Zionsville doctor sends osteoblast cells into space to study drug effects - Current in Carmel - October 4th, 2019
- Digital health, Unicorns and what the smart money is chasing - BizNews - October 4th, 2019
- Leesport boy fighting a second battle with cancer - Reading Eagle - October 3rd, 2019
- Man with terminal cancer battles back from coma to marry his childhood sweetheart - Mirror Online - October 3rd, 2019
- 2 Years Later, Retired Toms River Teacher Meets Bone Marrow Donor - wobm.com - October 3rd, 2019
- March to fight multiple myeloma scheduled this weekend - BlackburnNews.com - October 2nd, 2019
- Middlesbrough blood donor meets man she saved in Germany - The Northern Echo - October 2nd, 2019
- Taz Believes CM Punk Will Be At SmackDown On Fox Thinks Edge Could Pop Up On AEW Or SmackDown - Fightful - October 2nd, 2019
- Kevin Mwachiro: Keeper of Stories - Roads and Kingdoms - October 2nd, 2019
- Mansfield's Daniel Maberry has returned to coaching during battle with cancer, but his stay on sideline will be brief - The Dallas Morning News - September 25th, 2019
- Eyes on the Prize: The CBC Fights Blindness During Sickle Cell Awareness Month - The Root - September 25th, 2019
- What's on TV Monday: The season premiere of 'Bull' on CBS - Los Angeles Times - September 25th, 2019
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Excessive Growth Opportunities Estimated to be Experienced 2018 to 2028 - Commerce Gazette - September 25th, 2019
- Forecasting the Future of Medicine - The Future of Things - September 25th, 2019
- 'My blood brother:' Bone marrow donation started a friendship - Ottawa Citizen - September 25th, 2019
- Abortion Foe Defends Secret Taping as Investigative Work - Courthouse News Service - September 22nd, 2019
- Cancer is 'only a word,' says Moncton city councillor diagnosed with multiple myeloma - CBC.ca - September 22nd, 2019
- Avoidable blindness: making global sight loss a thing of the past - Raconteur - September 22nd, 2019
- I turned down chemo after being diagnosed with terminal cancer and lived then I became pregnant after d - The Sun - September 22nd, 2019
- Football Players? Or Lab Rats Who Can Run and Pass? - The New York Times - September 22nd, 2019
- Daleiden: sworn testimony exposed Planned Parenthoods crime of trafficking aborted-baby body-parts - Lifesite - September 22nd, 2019
- Mum's tireless campaign as daughter, 2, is kept alive by blood donors - Yahoo News Australia - September 22nd, 2019
- 3-day blood drive in Bathurst supports toddler with rare disease - CBC.ca - September 22nd, 2019
- Bone marrow donor from Germany becomes recipient's maid of honour - DNA India - September 22nd, 2019
- Tumor Marker Testing Market Size, Growth, Trends and 2023 Forecast Report - OnYourDesks - September 22nd, 2019
- Im pleading with you please donate blood to help save my baby girl without it shell die - The Sun - September 22nd, 2019
- Tecumseh girl still looking for bone marrow donor - BlackburnNews.com - September 22nd, 2019
- Cell Harvesting Systems Market research to Exhibit Significant Incremental Dollar Opportunity During the Forecast Period 2016-2026 - Analytics News - September 22nd, 2019
- Leukemia: Know the risk factors to keep the disease at bay - TheHealthSite - September 22nd, 2019
- NI teen's devastating cancer diagnosis days after dream Taylor Swift trip - Belfast Live - September 22nd, 2019
- Buy PRP Kits & Stem Cell Therapy Supplies for Regenerative ... - May 21st, 2019
- LifeCell - India's First and Largest Stem Cell Bank - May 21st, 2019
- Stem Cell Doctors in Auburn Novi MI| Chronic knee pain doctors in Auburn Novi - May 15th, 2019
- Doctors used stem cells to treat stroke symptoms ... - May 15th, 2019
- Elite Hospitals Plunge Into Unproven Stem Cell Treatments ... - May 12th, 2019
- Adult Stem Cell Success Story | Spinal Cord Injury | SCRF - May 12th, 2019
- Best Stem Cell Doctors in Plymouth | Stem cell hip Regeneration Hip Doctor Plymouth MI - May 4th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy | New York - Park Avenue Stem Cell - April 15th, 2019
- Ask the doctors: Stem cell therapies need more research ... - April 13th, 2019
- stem cell Doctors in Dearborn | stem cell knee injections in Dearborn - April 13th, 2019
- Sports & Regenerative Medicine Specialist, Stem Cell ... - April 13th, 2019
- Stem Cell Doctors in Delaware, Stem cell injections, Stem ... - April 13th, 2019
- Meet Our Doctors | National Stem Cell Centers | NY Stem ... - April 13th, 2019
- Stem Cell Doctors | Regenerative Medicine | Stem Cell ... - March 7th, 2019
- 2nd ever HIV patient in remission after stem cell ... - March 7th, 2019
- Stem Cell Docu Series - March 5th, 2019
- Dr. Neil Riordan, Cell Therapy Expert - Stem Cell Treatment ... - February 24th, 2019
- Stem Cell FAQ - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA - February 24th, 2019
- Stem Cell Knee Therapy Cost | Stem Cell Knee Injection ... - February 17th, 2019
- Stem Cell Transplantation | Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - February 17th, 2019
- Oregon Regenerative Medicine - Advanced Joint and Injury ... - February 17th, 2019
- Bone marrow transplant - Mayo Clinic - February 17th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Sarasota | Advanced Rejuventation - February 17th, 2019
- Stem Cell for Lower Back Pain Specialists Tombal TX | The Best Stem Cell Doctors in Tombal TX - February 17th, 2019
- Regenerative Medicine Uses And Future Potential ... - February 17th, 2019
- Stem cell Doctors Auburn Hills MI | knee pain treatment Auburn Hills MI - February 15th, 2019
- Stem cell Doctors Troy MI | knee pain treatment Troy MI - February 15th, 2019
- Stem Cell Fraud: A 60 Minutes investigation - CBS News - February 15th, 2019
- Knee - Regenexx - February 15th, 2019
- stem cell Doctors in Dearborn MI | stem cell clinic Dearborn - January 7th, 2019
- Stem Cell of Atlanta Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy ... - December 15th, 2018
- South Texas Spinal Clinic: Orthopedic Surgeons: South Texas - December 15th, 2018
- Stem Cell Therapy - Los Angeles, San Diego and San ... - December 15th, 2018
- Home - Seattle Stem Cell Center - November 26th, 2018
- Stem Cell Therapy Doctors Scottsdale & Phoenix - Stem Cell ... - November 26th, 2018
- StemCell | Ohio Stem Cell Treatment Center of Cleveland ... - November 26th, 2018
- Find a stem cell transplant provider | CTCA - November 26th, 2018
- stem cell doctors Archives - Stem Cell Therapy Phoenix - November 26th, 2018
- Our Doctors - Knee Stem Cells - November 26th, 2018
- Stem Cell Doctor West Bloomfield MI - November 19th, 2018
- FAQs - Stem Cell Treatment for Autoimmune Disorders - November 16th, 2018
- Best Stem Cell Doctors in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Glendale ... - November 13th, 2018
- Home - StemCell ARTS - November 13th, 2018