Thank you for contacting Melbourne Stem Cell Centre. We appreciate you taking the time to enquire about our treatment options. On Monday 27th May MSCC notified the media with a press release detailing the great results of our randomised control trial treating knee Osteoarthritis. This release has created a high influx of calls and emails, we ask that you be patient with us getting back to you.
In the meantime, please feel free to browse over the below information to better acquaint yourself with our current therapies and general pricing.
Why Stem Cells?
Mesenchymal stromal Stem Cells are rudimentary cells with the potential to stimulate other cells within the body. Melbourne Stem Cell Centre doctors can harvest your adult stem cells in a small liposuction procedure. The stem cells are then isolated from the other cells extracted during the procedure, including fat cells. The stem cells are then specially prepared and expanded, in the laboratory of our partner Magellan stem cells, before being used for osteoarthritis treatment. Our recent clinical trial has showed both statistical and clinically significant pain and function improvement following stem cell therapy in 85 per cent of patients.
MSCCs treatment protocol has been ethically approved by Charles Sturt University. This uses a pure, high-dose stem cell population (as this has had success in recent scientific literature) and verification of the cell number, cell viability, and sterility is conducted off site, prior to injection. All patients are strictly followed up to assess outcome and to add to the growing scientific knowledge regarding stem cell therapies. Your response to treatment will be regularly followed up to maximise potential improvement.
What conditions to we treat?
Currently at Melbourne stem cell centre we treat osteoarthritis. There may be future treatments for other conditions and we regularly inform all our patients of any developments. To keep up to date with upcoming treatments and trials we recommend you visit the ANZCTR trial registry website http://www.anzctr.org.au .
Do I need a consultation first?
Prior to any treatment you will receive a thorough arthritis health care consultation with one of our musculoskeletal specialists. This includes a full biomechanical assessment, discussion of current pain management treatments and review of formal imaging. Your suitability for other biological therapeutic treatment options will be assessed. X-rays or MRI less than 6 months old is preferred for this appointment. The cost of the consultation is $240 on the day; if you bring a GP referral letter, you are eligible for a Medicare rebate of approximately. $70.
How much does it cost?
The cost for stem cell therapy depends on the individualised treatment plan formulated by your physician. Costs typically range from $7,100-$11,650AUD for the treatment of one joint. This includes the lipo-harvest procedure and two stem cell injections. Any additional treatment would be on top of this fee. Unfortunately, there are no Medicare or private health insurance rebates on our treatment.
I live interstate
MSCC offer the option of having the initial consultation and assessment conducted via phone. This would require you to send a CD of your X-rays and/or MRI in the post with a phone registration form. The cost of the phone consult is $150AUD (with no Medicare rebate). If you decide to have stem cell therapy, your treatment will involve at least 3-5 trips to Melbourne over the course of 12 months.
I live overseas
MSCC offer the option of having the initial consultation and assessment conducted via phone. This would require you to send a CD of your X-rays and/or MRI in the post with a phone registration form. The cost of the phone consult is $150AUD. Your stem cell therapy would require 3 separate trips to Melbourne for 2-3 weeks each. You may decide to combine the first two trips into an extended stay in Australia.
*The cost for stem cell therapy is 100% out of pocket. Medicare or private health funds do not subsidize any costs in the treatment of mesenchymal stem cell therapy.
If you would like a call to book an initial consultation with one of our specialists, please click the request a call button on our website and one of our team will give you a call.
With warmest regards,
Reception TeamMelbourne Stem Cell Centre
Originally posted here:
Stem Cell Therapy Treatment - Melbourne Stem Cell Centre
- Learning to be relentless - The Daily Republic - January 19th, 2020
- Here's Why Stemline Therapeutics Dropped Today - Motley Fool - January 19th, 2020
- Medics key to spotting signs of child abuse, Abu Dhabi conference hears - The National - January 19th, 2020
- Smart Group & A4M Concluded their First India Conference 2020 - NewsPatrolling - January 19th, 2020
- 'Comfort' or con? Despite money, education, well-off Filipinos turning to questionable treatments - Coconuts - January 13th, 2020
- Doctor's Hospital focused on incorporation of AI and machine learning - EyeWitness News - January 13th, 2020
- Viewpoints: Medicaid Expansion Reveals How Liberal Policies Make For Good Politics; Hey, Congress, What's The Hold Up With Surprise Medical Bills? -... - January 13th, 2020
- White blood cells: Function, ranges, types, and more - Medical News Today - January 10th, 2020
- Tacitus Therapeutics Launches in Collaboration with Mount Sinai to Develop Stem Cell Therapies for Life-Threatening Diseases - PRNewswire - January 10th, 2020
- Tip Sheet: Mesh loaded with T cells shrinks tumors; second dose of CAR-T cells shows potential; and gene-edited cells stay safe as immunotherapy... - January 10th, 2020
- 3D-printed Organs Give Hope to Transplant Patients Now. Powered by - Now. Powered by Northrop Grumman. - January 10th, 2020
- Seattle Childrens faces widening array of lawsuits over fatal mold infections - Seattle Times - January 10th, 2020
- Landisa: My cancer can relapse but here's why I am not afraid of it any longer - News24 - January 10th, 2020
- 'You wouldn't give it to your worst enemy': what it's like to live with Lyme disease - Telegraph.co.uk - January 10th, 2020
- The 'supercells' that cured an infant's grave genetic illness - Japan Today - January 10th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of BYSI.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 18-Dec-19 1:00pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - January 8th, 2020
- How These Practitioners Can Help with New Year, New You Goals - Milwaukee Magazine - January 7th, 2020
- Summerside gym needs donations for three-year-old boy with cancerous brain tumors - The Journal Pioneer - January 7th, 2020
- The woman who spent 7 years in and out of hospital battling rare condition some doctors had never seen - Leicestershire Live - January 7th, 2020
- West Norwood girl, 3, dies in her parents' arms after brave battle with leukaemia - MyLondon - January 7th, 2020
- DuPont, C8 Contamination And The Community Left To Grapple With The Consequences - WVXU - January 7th, 2020
- What are the odds? Stem cell recipient learns her donor is also in Ottawa - Ottawa Citizen - January 3rd, 2020
- Understanding the Key Aspects of a Multiple Myeloma Diagnosis - Curetoday.com - January 3rd, 2020
- The 'supercells' that cured an infant's grave genetic illness - FRANCE 24 - January 3rd, 2020
- How supercells cured an infants grave genetic illness - Raw Story - January 3rd, 2020
- Firm adds a new wrinkle to anti-aging products - Williamson Daily News - January 3rd, 2020
- First Edition: January 3, 2020 - Kaiser Health News - January 3rd, 2020
- Finn the Fabulous to ring treatment bell after leaving hospital - expressandstar.com - January 3rd, 2020
- Conway supports man fighting rare double diagnosis of MS, ALS - THV11.com KTHV - January 1st, 2020
- Predicting shifts in technology and science can be tricky, but here's what could happen in 2020 - inews - January 1st, 2020
- None of these four beaming children would be alive today if a stranger had not given blood - The Sun - January 1st, 2020
- On the Road: A year to remember - WCBI - January 1st, 2020
- 2019: the year gene therapy came of age - Breitbart - January 1st, 2020
- The health stories we won't forget and what 2020 holds - nation.co.ke - January 1st, 2020
- Chinese scientist who claimed he genetically edited babies gets prison term - Los Angeles Times - December 30th, 2019
- Year in Review: Gene Therapy Technology and a Milestone 2019 for Medical Research - News18 - December 30th, 2019
- Finding Joy While Struggling With Infertility Over The Holidays - SheKnows - December 25th, 2019
- The reporter driven to do 'whatever it takes' to conquer cancer and return to the press box - The Athletic - December 25th, 2019
- A blood cancer diagnosis helped me find true happiness - The Guardian - December 25th, 2019
- Michael Schumacher health: Doctor reveals truth about Schumi as Lewis Hamilton is catching up fast to break F1 legend's record - EconoTimes - December 25th, 2019
- Mother and son, together, cope with autism and multiple sclerosis - MLive.com - December 25th, 2019
- Local firm adds a new wrinkle to anti-aging products - Williamson Daily News - December 25th, 2019
- Miracle recovery of rider and her horse after severe injuries - Yorkshire Post - December 25th, 2019
- Before the 90 Days Stephanie is YouTuber Stepanka. Is she really ill & bi? - Starcasm - December 21st, 2019
- U.S. Stem Cell Training | Regenerative Medicine Training ... - December 10th, 2019
- Injectables Are the Future of K-Beauty Trends in America - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 10th, 2019
- ASH 2019 Roundup: The Latest on CAR T, New Treatments for CLL, and Using Genes to Predict a Common Side Effect - On Cancer - Memorial Sloan Kettering - December 10th, 2019
- Orgenesis and Theracell to Launch Point of Care Cell and Gene Therapy Centers within HYGEIA Group's Hospital Network in Greece - GlobeNewswire - December 10th, 2019
- 2019: The year gene therapy came of age - Jamaica Observer - December 10th, 2019
- Ethan's Army gets a boost - Brockville Recorder and Times - December 10th, 2019
- BREAKING: Baby body parts criminal trial to proceed against Daleiden with possible jail time - Lifesite - December 7th, 2019
- 'I was given a terminal diagnosis and then a new therapy cured my leukaemia' - The Telegraph - December 5th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Robust pace of Industry during 2017-2025 - News Description - December 5th, 2019
- A #ReUp of 2019: The year when gene therapy, DNA modifications came of age & saved lives - Economic Times - December 5th, 2019
- 100 greatest innovations of 2019: Best of What's New - Popular Science - December 3rd, 2019
- Susan J. Demas: Right-wing lies on abortion paved the way for Trump - Michigan Advance - December 3rd, 2019
- Alum's New Book Recounts His Fight to Help First Responders Sickened after 9/11 - BU Today - December 3rd, 2019
- Quinn Waters: Weymouth, Massachusetts three-year-old is seeing the world for himself - CBS News - December 2nd, 2019
- 'We didn't worry when 2-year-old refused to use potty - then her lips went blue' - Mirror Online - December 2nd, 2019
- Upstate SC toddler survives rare cancer and the risky procedure used to treat it - Greenville News - December 2nd, 2019
- 13 YEAR OLD BOY WHO SURVIVED RARE CHILDHOOD CANCER TWICE SUPPORTS NEW FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN - MENAFN.COM - December 2nd, 2019
- Heartbreaking photograph shows the reality of childhood cancer - Yahoo News - December 2nd, 2019
- Family releases photo sharing the reality of childhood cancer - NEWS.com.au - December 2nd, 2019
- "For the first time in 25 years this means hope" - Leeds family fundraising for life-changing MS treatment - Yorkshire Post - December 2nd, 2019
- Calgary MP won't give up effort to add donor consent option to tax forms - Calgary Herald - December 2nd, 2019
- Every 13th man has a hair transplant according to Bookimed study - PR Web - November 29th, 2019
- Heartbreaking photograph shows the reality of childhood cancer - Yahoo Sports - November 29th, 2019
- 253 miles in 4 hours: A Syracuse mans race for a lung transplant, and the angel who helped him - syracuse.com - November 29th, 2019
- Exploring the Future of Prostate Cancer with City of Hope - Curetoday.com - November 29th, 2019
- Imani Barbarin Coins #PatientsAreNotFaking to Fight Back Against Negative Patient Stereotypes - The Mary Sue - November 29th, 2019
- South Carolina toddler survives rare cancer and the risky procedure used to treat it - USA TODAY - November 29th, 2019
- Mum shares heart-wrenching photos to show the 'reality of childhood cancer' - Mirror Online - November 29th, 2019
- Diabetic foot wounds kill millions, but high-tech solutions and teamwork are making a difference - The Conversation US - November 29th, 2019
- Toddler Bravely Cheats Death After He Survived Rare Cancer And Its Treatment - The Digital Weekly - November 29th, 2019
- 'My daughter's death took me to the darkest place, but I've learned it's possible to come back' - Telegraph.co.uk - November 29th, 2019
- Ausman family thankful for recoveries, support from family and community - Chippewa Herald - November 29th, 2019
- 2nd Edition Africa Healthcare Extension Summit And Africa Women's Health Summit Starts Today In Nairobi - Africa.com - November 29th, 2019
- How the Packers' Za'Darius Smith brought joy and awareness to one woman's cancer fight - The Athletic - November 29th, 2019
- Thalassemia Treatment Market With Top Countries Data : Analysis and by Recent Trends and Regional Growth Overview Forecast 2026 - News Description - November 29th, 2019
- The ART of Having Children - Vision Insights and New Horizons - November 24th, 2019