Thank you for contacting Melbourne Stem Cell Centre. We appreciate you taking the time to enquire about our treatment options. On Monday 27th May MSCC notified the media with a press release detailing the great results of our randomised control trial treating knee Osteoarthritis. This release has created a high influx of calls and emails, we ask that you be patient with us getting back to you.
In the meantime, please feel free to browse over the below information to better acquaint yourself with our current therapies and general pricing.
Why Stem Cells?
Mesenchymal stromal Stem Cells are rudimentary cells with the potential to stimulate other cells within the body. Melbourne Stem Cell Centre doctors can harvest your adult stem cells in a small liposuction procedure. The stem cells are then isolated from the other cells extracted during the procedure, including fat cells. The stem cells are then specially prepared and expanded, in the laboratory of our partner Magellan stem cells, before being used for osteoarthritis treatment. Our recent clinical trial has showed both statistical and clinically significant pain and function improvement following stem cell therapy in 85 per cent of patients.
MSCCs treatment protocol has been ethically approved by Charles Sturt University. This uses a pure, high-dose stem cell population (as this has had success in recent scientific literature) and verification of the cell number, cell viability, and sterility is conducted off site, prior to injection. All patients are strictly followed up to assess outcome and to add to the growing scientific knowledge regarding stem cell therapies. Your response to treatment will be regularly followed up to maximise potential improvement.
What conditions to we treat?
Currently at Melbourne stem cell centre we treat osteoarthritis. There may be future treatments for other conditions and we regularly inform all our patients of any developments. To keep up to date with upcoming treatments and trials we recommend you visit the ANZCTR trial registry website http://www.anzctr.org.au .
Do I need a consultation first?
Prior to any treatment you will receive a thorough arthritis health care consultation with one of our musculoskeletal specialists. This includes a full biomechanical assessment, discussion of current pain management treatments and review of formal imaging. Your suitability for other biological therapeutic treatment options will be assessed. X-rays or MRI less than 6 months old is preferred for this appointment. The cost of the consultation is $240 on the day; if you bring a GP referral letter, you are eligible for a Medicare rebate of approximately. $70.
How much does it cost?
The cost for stem cell therapy depends on the individualised treatment plan formulated by your physician. Costs typically range from $7,100-$11,650AUD for the treatment of one joint. This includes the lipo-harvest procedure and two stem cell injections. Any additional treatment would be on top of this fee. Unfortunately, there are no Medicare or private health insurance rebates on our treatment.
I live interstate
MSCC offer the option of having the initial consultation and assessment conducted via phone. This would require you to send a CD of your X-rays and/or MRI in the post with a phone registration form. The cost of the phone consult is $150AUD (with no Medicare rebate). If you decide to have stem cell therapy, your treatment will involve at least 3-5 trips to Melbourne over the course of 12 months.
I live overseas
MSCC offer the option of having the initial consultation and assessment conducted via phone. This would require you to send a CD of your X-rays and/or MRI in the post with a phone registration form. The cost of the phone consult is $150AUD. Your stem cell therapy would require 3 separate trips to Melbourne for 2-3 weeks each. You may decide to combine the first two trips into an extended stay in Australia.
*The cost for stem cell therapy is 100% out of pocket. Medicare or private health funds do not subsidize any costs in the treatment of mesenchymal stem cell therapy.
If you would like a call to book an initial consultation with one of our specialists, please click the request a call button on our website and one of our team will give you a call.
With warmest regards,
Reception TeamMelbourne Stem Cell Centre
Originally posted here:
Stem Cell Therapy Treatment - Melbourne Stem Cell Centre
- California Sours On Trump, Including Some Of His Base - Los Angeles, CA Patch - August 10th, 2020
- Global Multiple Myeloma Treatment Market-Industry Analysis and forecast 2019 2027: By Application, Type, and Region. - Good Night, Good Hockey - August 10th, 2020
- Re-Stem-Funded Study Targeting Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Aging and Age-Related Diseases Published in Science Advances Journal - Press Release -... - August 10th, 2020
- Embryos could be susceptible to COVID-19 from second week of pregnancy - Gulf News - August 9th, 2020
- Boy, 4, may look fighting fit but only has months to live - unless you can save him - Mirror Online - August 8th, 2020
- Post chemotherapy may leave patients vulnerable to infections - APN News - August 8th, 2020
- Post chemotherapy may leave patients vulnerable to infections - NewsPatrolling - August 8th, 2020
- Croydon mum's urgent appeal for stem cell donors who could save her two-year-old daughter - My London - August 5th, 2020
- Celularity announces the activation of first California Clinical Trial Site following CIRM Grant Award to Advance Treatments for COVID-19 - Yahoo... - August 5th, 2020
- 'Year of Preparations for the Next Fifty Years' will contribute to countrys development process - Emirates 24|7 - August 4th, 2020
- Incyte/Morphosys take on CAR-Ts with $198,000 per year antibody - - pharmaphorum - August 3rd, 2020
- Crowdfunding to the rescue for this cancer patient - Telangana Today - August 3rd, 2020
- Global Multiple Myeloma Treatment Market-Industry Analysis and forecast 2019 2027: By Application, Type, and Region. - Red & Black Student... - August 3rd, 2020
- stem cell doctor - regenexx.com - August 2nd, 2020
- Former SEC Head Coach, AD Hospitalized With COVID-19 - The Spun - August 1st, 2020
- Think You Might Have NMOSD? Diagnosis May Take a While - HealthCentral.com - August 1st, 2020
- Global Cell Therapy Systems Market Projected to Witness a Measurable Downturn; COVID-19 Outbreak Remains a Threat to Growth in the Near Future... - July 31st, 2020
- Crowdfunding to the rescue for this cancer patient - Social News XYZ - July 30th, 2020
- Precision Medicine Achieves Our Goals and Makes Money in Stocks - Banyan Hill Publishing - July 30th, 2020
- Crowdfunding to the rescue for this cancer patient - Daijiworld.com - July 30th, 2020
- Shady Stem Cell Therapies Can Cause tumours, Infections ... - July 30th, 2020
- Digong forgot to mention the cure for Covid-19 The Manila Times - The Manila Times - July 29th, 2020
- Shady Stem Cell Therapies Can Cause Tumors, Infections, and Death, Doctors Report - Gizmodo - July 29th, 2020
- R3 Stem Cell International Now Offering Four Joint Injections for Only $3950 in Mexico - Yahoo Finance - July 29th, 2020
- UAE's first bone marrow transplant patient tells of life-saving treatment - The National - July 29th, 2020
- From cancer through Covid, how one mother retained hope - Buffalo News - July 29th, 2020
- Mum whose husband died of coronavirus shares heartbreaking video of one-year-old son saying Dada as his fir - The Irish Sun - July 27th, 2020
- Scientists discover why coronavirus patients lose sense of smell and offer hope to those who havent got it - The Scottish Sun - July 27th, 2020
- Fair Haven Foundation provides a refuge in the storm - WRTV Indianapolis - July 27th, 2020
- 'Healthy' mum diagnosed with cancer so aggressive it cracked several ribs - Mirror Online - July 26th, 2020
- AIIMS Delhi Indias best medical college thats home to many leaders of Covid battle - ThePrint - July 26th, 2020
- Cancer struck Welsh mum so aggressively it cracked her ribs and damaged her spine - North Wales Live - July 25th, 2020
- 12 Incredible inventions to make you feel Proudly South African - The South African - July 25th, 2020
- Mum had tumour so big it cracked her ribs - Wales Online - July 25th, 2020
- Two people receive helping hand from Centre to get their advanced treatment in Delhi amid COVID-19 lockdown - Yahoo India News - July 24th, 2020
- First Edition: July 24, 2020 - Kaiser Health News - July 24th, 2020
- Shifting the focus in healthcare to primordial prevention - ETHealthworld.com - July 24th, 2020
- 'We are worried for what lies ahead' say Harrow parents in donor plea for son, 4 - My London - July 23rd, 2020
- A brief history of racism in healthcare - World Economic Forum - July 23rd, 2020
- Two Cases Of West Nile Virus Confirmed In Greece Greek City Times - GreekCityTimes.com - July 22nd, 2020
- Greek Scientists Concerned By The "orphan" Covid-19 Cases - GreekCityTimes.com - July 22nd, 2020
- Greek Sailors Trapped In The Middle Of The Ocean For Months Due To Coronavirus - GreekCityTimes.com - July 22nd, 2020
- The Latest: At a Texas federal prison, more than 500 women test positive for virus - Press Herald - July 21st, 2020
- 3 Ways Predictive Analytics is Advancing the Healthcare Industry - HealthITAnalytics.com - July 21st, 2020
- Hypoxia Market 2020 How the Market has witnessed Substantial Growth in Recent Years? - Cole of Duty - July 21st, 2020
- Short-staffed healthcare system to get 2,000 new nurses, 400 more doctors - The Times of Israel - July 20th, 2020
- Cancer-surviving singer gives back to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society | Artists of the Island - silive.com - July 19th, 2020
- Artificial Blood Market Excellent Growth 2024 | also understand the impact of COVID-19 situation across the globe - 3rd Watch News - July 18th, 2020
- Felipe Massa gives rare insight into Michael Schumachers condition and recovery - Mirror Online - July 18th, 2020
- The International Space Station creates bigger, colder states of matter than are possible on Earth - Massive Science - July 17th, 2020
- Out-of-Pocket Costs Often Higher Than Expected for Patients with Cancer Participating on Clinical Trials - Curetoday.com - July 17th, 2020
- Biotechnology Reagents Market To Witness Massive Growth Worldwide | Global Players Abbott, Agilent Technologies Inc., Danaher, Bd, Bio-Rad... - July 17th, 2020
- Fear, Courage, Grit: Meet More Than 50 'Hospital Heroes' - WTOP - July 17th, 2020
- Why is this nebula shaped like a butterfly? - Massive Science - July 16th, 2020
- Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma Alcl Therapeutics Market is Set to Experience Revolutionary Growth by 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 16th, 2020
- 'I don't have much time. I need a miracle' why stem cell donors are urgently needed - The Times - July 15th, 2020
- With rise in Covid cases, Surat to add 1,570 beds in 2 hospitals - The Indian Express - July 15th, 2020
- It's past time to treat international students as more than just money makers for universities - Massive Science - July 15th, 2020
- Scientists have made an important discovery for the treatment of male infertility - The Saxon - July 14th, 2020
- Tummy Ache Turns Out To Be Cancer, ER Visit During Pandemic Was Critical Decision - CBS Denver - July 14th, 2020
- One common infection could kill our baby girl but one simple act could change her life forever - The Sun - July 14th, 2020
- Top 10 Most Popular Stem Cell Treatments of 2020 - July 13th, 2020
- Coronavirus updates: California to release 8,000 inmates; masks 'only way' to prevent another shutdown, Texas Gov. says - Times Record News - July 13th, 2020
- Actor Nick Cordero Has Died from COVID-19 Complications After 13 Weeks in the Hospital - Yahoo India News - July 12th, 2020
- Ryan Anthony: A local trumpet prodigy who went on to play big stages and raise funds for cancer research - The San Diego Union-Tribune - July 11th, 2020
- The 'Teeter-Totter' of Blood Draws - Curetoday.com - July 11th, 2020
- In the middle of pandemic, this young mom fights second cancer diagnosis - Omaha World-Herald - July 11th, 2020
- R3 International Now Offering Stem Cell Therapy Program for Crohns Disease, IBD and Ulcerative Colitis - PR Web - July 10th, 2020
- Eucalyptus necklace and other unproven Covid-19 cures raise alarm in Indonesia - The Star Online - July 10th, 2020
- Surat: Engineer falls to death from tenth floor of under construction Covid hospital - The Indian Express - July 10th, 2020
- Tribute to Andra Campbell after five-year cancer battle | Romsey Advertiser - Romsey Advertiser - July 10th, 2020
- IML conducts the 5th National Convention on Medicine and Law - ETHealthworld.com - July 10th, 2020
- R3 International Now Offering Stem Cell Therapy Program for Crohns Disease, IBD and Ulcerative Colitis - Benzinga - July 9th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market : Global Forecast over 2025 Cole of Duty - Cole of Duty - July 9th, 2020
- Whatever happened to baby Owen? - The Herald-News - July 9th, 2020
- University of Miami Miller School-led technology paves way for islet regeneration in human pancreas - Newswise - July 9th, 2020
- Here's Why Mesoblast Stock Rose Over 18% Today - The Motley Fool - July 9th, 2020
- Eucalyptus necklace and other unproven Covid-19 cures raise alarm in Indonesia - The Straits Times - July 9th, 2020
- Global Organ Preservation Market Future Demand (COVID 19 Impact Analysis) & Growth Analysis with Forecast up to 2027 - Cole of Duty - July 9th, 2020
- First time ever successful operation with a single-use endoscope on immunodepressed child - Emergency-Live - July 4th, 2020