SAN FRANCISCO, California, September 20, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) Pro-life undercover journalists David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt are hopeful that sworn testimony over the past weeks in San Franciscos Superior Court demonstrates that those who trafficked aborted-baby body parts are guilty of crimes, not the whistleblowers who exposed it.
We think the charges should be thrown out, Daleiden told LifeSiteNews.
The really shocking and troubling and clarifying truth that was exposed in the courtroom for the past two weeks here is that its very, very clear that the only crimes that were committed in the course of the undercover videotaping that Center for Medical Progress did were the crimes committed by the Planned Parenthood abortion doctors, and by the StemExpress body parts harvesters who were forced to testify under oath these past two weeks, he said.
The criminal preliminary hearing for Daleiden and Merritt ended Wednesday after stretching into three weeks. Judge Christopher Hites ruling on whether the case will proceed to trial is expected within a month.
Daleiden, project lead for the Center for Medical Progress (CMP), and Merritt, an undercover reporter with CMP, are charged with 14 felony counts of recording confidential conversations without consent in connection with CMPs undercover videos released in 2015 exposing Planned Parenthood trafficking in baby body parts. They face up to 10 years in jail if convicted.
The groundbreaking undercover videos showed Planned Parenthood executives and workers haggling over the prices of baby body parts, picking through bloodied arms and legs of aborted babies in a pie tray, and discussing how to alter abortion methods to obtain better body parts for sale.
Public outrage over the videos prompted congressional hearings and calls for the federal defunding of Planned Parenthood.
The preliminary hearing ran nine-and-a-half days between September 3 to 18, and Judge Hite will decide based on evidence if there is probable cause to continue to trial.
Daleiden and Merritt are claiming a Section 633.5 defense that allows covert recording of confidential communications when done to collect evidence of violent crimes.
Defense is also arguing that the law does not consider confidential any conversation that can reasonably be expected to be overheard.
The hearing saw high-level Planned Parenthood abortionists along with the CEO of baby parts harvesting company StemExpress dodging questions on their gruesome business under cross-examination by pro-life defense lawyers.
It was the venue for Daleidens first-ever public testimony about why he embarked on a 30-month undercover sting operation into Planned Parenthood trafficking in aborted baby parts and how he penetrated the networks of those involved in the grisly and illegal business.
It included a cross-examination of investigating agent for the Department of Justice Brian Cardwell that showed he did next to nothing to find out if those accusing Daleiden and Merritt of illegally taping them were telling the truth or understood confidentiality as defined in the law.
It featured defense testimony by one of the United States longest-practicing abortionists Dr. Forrest Smith. He testified that it is almost certain that some of the abortionists featured in the undercover videos deliberately altered abortion procedures in a way that both led to the birth of living babies with beating hearts and put women at risk. The goal in such abortions would be to obtain fresher, more intact organs.
In one dramatic moment,the attorney general unsuccessfully seeking a gag order on defense attorneys that cited a LifeSite news article after the CEO of StemExpress filed a complaint with Cardwell following her testimony that she feared for her security. In another, the defense accused the attorney general of trying to intimidate their star witness Dr. Theresa Deisher by suggesting she might be a target of criminal prosecution forallegedly being a co-conspirator in Daleiden'a undercover operation, which Deisher in subsequent testimony said she knew nothing about.
The hearing ended Wednesday with the riveting testimony of stem cell expert Dr. Deisher that human hearts used in research must be harvested from living babies. Daleiden testified earlier in the hearing he discovered a Stanford study using human fetal hearts supplied by StemExpress.
The expert testimony from brilliant scientists like Dr. Deisher just goes to show why the whole reason why I and my colleagues like Sandra Merritt and others did our undercover work with the Center for Medical Progress, Daleiden told LifeSiteNews.
Because theres very compelling evidence that the most valuable organs and tissues from aborted children are harvested from aborted children while theyre still alive. Those kids are actually killed through vivisection and that is a human atrocity that has to be exposed.
The defense also tried to have the search warrant that led to the criminal prosecution quashed, arguing that seizing Daleidens unpublished source material was unconstitutional and the prosecution politically motivated. Judge Hite denied the motion.
The political nature of the case is no secret, and testimony and evidence presented at the preliminary hearing exposed this completely bogus, sham, politically motivated case for the farce that it is, Daleiden told LifeSite.
Documents from the case now on public record show former Attorney General Kamala Harris had an in-person meeting at the attorney generals meeting in Los Angeles with no less than six top-level Planned Parenthood of California executives, he said. Daleiden added that the meeting took place a couple of weeks before Harris ordered Department of Justice agents to raid his Orange County apartment in April 2016 and seize all his recording materials, including unpublished source documents of his undercover investigation.
We have the minutes in an email from the meeting that Kamala had with the Planned Parenthood leadership, and in that meeting they discussed both Planned Parenthoods political agenda in the state of California, and they also discussed the attorney generals investigation of me and of CMP, Daleiden said.
There were two Planned Parenthood witnesses in Harriss investigation into CMP present for both discussions, he said.
So there was no separation whatsoever between what Kamala Harris was doing as a politician for her backers at Planned Parenthood, and what she was doing as the top law enforcement officer in the state of California, he told LifeSiteNews.
She was prostituting her law enforcement powers to the service of her political backers at Planned Parenthood, and thats very corrupt, and very bad, and very wrong, and that should never happen to any person in the United States of America, Daleiden said.
Its a gross violation of my civil rights and of the civil rights of all people in California.
The two witnesses were Dr. Jennifer Russo, medical director of Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino counties, and Anna Sandoval, communications director for PP affiliates of California.
Russo was the one who was in charge of supplying body parts to the criminal Da Vinci companieswho have since been shut down, he said.
So you can imagine the sort of interest that Dr. Russo and Planned Parenthood of Orange county had at that time to try and create an alternative fake prosecution against me and against CMP.
Daleiden is now preparing for the month-and-a-half trial in the Planned Parenthood civil suit against him, CMP, and CMP undercover reporters that begins October 2.
We will be facing down against, I think 10 or 11 different Planned Parenthood affiliates in San Francisco federal court in Judge [William] Orricks courtroom, he said.
Judge Orrick was the founder and funder of a Planned Parenthood Northern California clinic here in San Francisco, which is also one of the plaintiffs in this case, Daleiden said.
Another plaintiff in the lawsuit is Planned Parenthood Orange County who had been selling late-term baby body parts to the Da Vinci companies for years and years and years, he told LifeSiteNews.
As a direct result of the evidence collected in the CMP undercover investigation, the Da Vinci companies were shut down by the Orange County district attorney and liquidated in a $7.8 million settlement in which they admitted guilt for selling baby body parts against the law, Daleiden said.
A number of Planned Parenthood abortionists who testified at the criminal preliminary hearing will be doing so in the civil case, he said.
If the past two weeks here at the prelim are any indication, the Planned Parenthood witnesses are not ready for primetime, Daleiden told LifeSiteNews.
Theyre not credible, theyre not honest, theyre not ethical, and the things that theyve been doing are not legal, call them anything you want, and theyre not pretty.
He believes that Planned Parenthood will ultimately face justice.
I dont think that the Da Vinci companies are going to be the last company like that, who are going to face justice under the law in that way, Daleiden said, adding that there were many criminal referrals sent out from the congressional investigations of Planned Parenthood.
So were still waiting to get an update from the Department of Justice and the FBI about where that stands with Planned Parenthood, he said.
The Senate Judiciary committee requested an update over the summer from them, so were waiting to find out from the Senate Judiciary Committee if they got that update and what it said, added Daleiden.
I think we should all stay tuned.
- Stem Cell Therapy Los Angeles - Darrow Stem Cell Institute - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Transplants: A Lifesaving Treatment for Cancer ... - February 14th, 2021
- Smart Stem Cells Made From Fat Have the Power to Heal - Freethink - February 14th, 2021
- Are Covid-19 vaccines safe for cancer patients? Here is what cancer experts say - CNN - February 14th, 2021
- The race to treat a rare, fatal syndrome may help others with common disorders like diabetes - Science Magazine - February 14th, 2021
- Arlo's Army needs stem cell donor as mum begs for help to save three-year-old's life - Glasgow Live - February 14th, 2021
- Arlo's Army: mum opens up on heartbreaking decision to make 3-year-old sick to save his life - Glasgow Live - February 14th, 2021
- Bone marrow transplant shows signs of curing brave little boy with one in a million condition - Shields Gazette - February 14th, 2021
- Canada's blood supply has a diversity problem and people are dying because of it - CBC.ca - February 2nd, 2021
- State-of-the-Art Treatments Garner University Foot and Ankle Institute Multiple Top Doctor Awards - Yahoo Finance - February 2nd, 2021
- Dean Tracy Johnson seeks to diversify the pipeline of future scientists and doctors - UCLA Newsroom - February 2nd, 2021
- Transforming optimism: finding new ways to treat rare cancers - Cancer Research UK - Science Blog - February 2nd, 2021
- Family of Belfast woman Eimear Gooderham (25) share memories and dealing with grief in special UTV programme - Belfast Telegraph - February 2nd, 2021
- Doctor: COVID-19 cases will continue to slowly go down, but were not out of the woods - Yahoo Money - January 23rd, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players In-depth Analysis Research Report Foresight to 2027 - KSU | The... - January 23rd, 2021
- Leading Urologist Doubles Down on CaverStem Regenerative Stem Cell Procedure for Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men - PRNewswire - January 22nd, 2021
- Sisters who organised an Ilkley fundraising ball are to be honoured - Wharfedale Observer - January 22nd, 2021
- Medical Doctor: Roes Overlooking of the Consensus of Societal Morality and Science Reverberates to This Day - National Catholic Register - January 22nd, 2021
- DARZALEX FASPRO (daratumumab and hyaluronidase-fihj) Becomes the First FDA-Approved Treatment for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Light Chain (AL)... - January 22nd, 2021
- Seattle researchers find clues for treatments that could eliminate HIV in infected patients - GeekWire - January 14th, 2021
- Flow Cytometry Market is Projected to Reach a Value of US$8100 Mn by the End of 2025 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 14th, 2021
- Doctors diagnosed a Suffolk teen with a rare condition. Now, his mom is part of the solution - 13newsnow.com WVEC - January 12th, 2021
- Cassville club assists 2 families as they recover from illness - telegraphherald.com - January 12th, 2021
- The 26 billion-dollar startups to watch that are revolutionizing healthcare in 2021 - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market 2020 Overview By Size, Share, Trends, Growth Factors and Leading Players With Detailed Analysis of Industry Structure... - January 12th, 2021
- More than 250 articles and a book later, the Valley Doctor bids adieu - San Lorenzo Valley Press-Banner - January 12th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Treatment for Severe COVID-19 Using Stem Cells It's Like Smart Bomb Technology in the Lung - SciTechDaily - January 5th, 2021
- New combo therapy offered against refractory T-cell lymphoma - Korea Biomedical Review - January 5th, 2021
- Hair Growth Treatment Secrets Bollywood Will Never Tell You About - Times of India - January 5th, 2021
- Are metabolic hormones the next frontier in cancer treatment? - MedCity News - January 5th, 2021
- Limerick toddler to wait six months for trial cancer treatment after family raises over 400,000 - Extra.ie - January 5th, 2021
- West Lothian mum fighting for her life after back pain turned out to be terminal blood cancer - Edinburgh Live - January 5th, 2021
- MorphoSys and Incyte Announce the Acceptance of the Swissmedic Marketing Authorization Application for Tafasitamab - Yahoo Finance UK - January 5th, 2021
- A Wish Come True urges plungers to dump a bucket of ice water on themselves for this year's fundraiser - Fall River Herald News - December 26th, 2020
- Ashley Cain says over 80,000 people registered for stem cell donation in 48 hours after appeal to save baby - The Sun - December 22nd, 2020
- The 11 most mind-blowing, awe-inspiring health discoveries and innovations of 2020 - Business Insider - Business Insider - December 22nd, 2020
- 3-year-old patient successfully treated for rare fatal disease- familial Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) at Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh -... - December 22nd, 2020
- Startups are racing to reproduce breast milk in the lab - MIT Technology Review - December 22nd, 2020
- Hand weakness: Causes, symptoms, treatment, and seeking help - Medical News Today - December 22nd, 2020
- Gujarat Issues Health Advisory On Fungal Infection With "50% Mortality Rate" - NDTV - December 22nd, 2020
- A side-by-side comparison of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines - STAT - December 22nd, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present Innovative Therapies to Better Treat Blood Cancers at American Society of Hematology Virtual Conference - Business Wire - December 9th, 2020
- Medical technologies that will disrupt (and improve) healthcare in the 2020s - Universe.byu.edu - December 9th, 2020
- Community Cord Blood Banking saves life of child with aplastic anaemia - The Hindu - November 20th, 2020
- Arya Lloyd: Father launches global search for blood stem cell donor to save his 12-year-old daughter - Sky News - November 20th, 2020
- Blood Cancer: Science Reveal Five Easily Missed Signs of Leukemia - Science Times - November 20th, 2020
- Karnataka:Community cord blood banking emerges as lifesaver - United News of India - November 18th, 2020
- How CAR-T Cell Therapy is Being Used in the Field of Blood Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - November 16th, 2020
- Election results for California Propositions 14, 18, 23, and 24 - FOX 11 Los Angeles - November 16th, 2020
- Cell Separation Beads Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2018-2028 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 16th, 2020
- Fight for the rights of unborn - The Daily Telegram - November 11th, 2020
- Genetic Mechanism Identified in Neonatal Diabetes Could Offer Insights into Other Forms of the Disease - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - November 11th, 2020
- Doctors Debate: Is Intensive or Low-Intensity Chemotherapy Plus BCR-ABL TKI Therapy Best for Treatment of Ph+ ALL? - Targeted Oncology - November 11th, 2020
- Record number of stem cell donors apply after Ex On The Beach star plea - expressandstar.com - November 11th, 2020
- Bisbee: A commitment to health care initiatives The Journal Record - Journal Record - November 11th, 2020
- California election results: Where state propositions stand as of Thursday at 5 p.m. - Desert Sun - November 11th, 2020
- Critically ill Indonesian woman thanks Taiwan for saving life - Taiwan News - November 7th, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present New Research on Bone Marrow Transplants, Immunotherapy and Other Blood Cancer Treatments - Business Wire - November 7th, 2020
- Daily Edition for Wednesday, November 4, 2020 - California Healthline - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're truly blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his recent fight to save his brother, Eric - ESPN - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're really blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his current battle to save lots of his brother, Eric - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - November 7th, 2020
- Mark Drought: Are we on the brink of another civil war? - The Advocate - November 7th, 2020
- What to eat when you have the flu, recommended by doctors - Business Insider India - October 30th, 2020
- Fine-Tuning Treatments for COVID-19 - American Council on Science and Health - October 30th, 2020
- Aborted girl fetus kidneys made Trumps CoV meds. As SARS2 is unfettered in America, this needs thought - Feminine-Perspective Magazine (FPMag) - October 30th, 2020
- What to Know in Washington: Provisional Ballots May Play Role - Bloomberg Government - October 30th, 2020
- Unless the country invests in cancer care, the statistics for breast cancer will be bleak: Dr Anthony Pais, .. - ETHealthworld.com - October 23rd, 2020
- Autologous Fat Grafting Market Scope Analysis 2019 to 2029 - The Think Curiouser - October 23rd, 2020
- How Clinique La Prairie Is Keeping Humanity Fashionably Healthy In The Age Of Covid - Forbes - October 23rd, 2020
- The Anthony Nolan and NHS Stem Cell Registry - The Hippocratic Post - October 21st, 2020
- Jeff Bridges is one of the 85,000-plus lymphoma cases expected in the U.S. this year - MarketWatch - October 21st, 2020
- YOUR HEALTH: Saving an unborn baby breaking apart in the womb - WQAD.com - October 21st, 2020
- Orgenesis completes acquisition of Koligo Therapeutics and announces additional acquisition of Icellator(R) Technology from Tissue Genesis in related... - October 21st, 2020
- SA becomes 2nd country to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to donate bone marrow - News24 - October 21st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2025 KYT24 - KYT24 - October 21st, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani shares his insights about the evolution of plastic surgery - LA Progressive - October 21st, 2020
- Manya Saaraswat Makes Top 5 Finish in 2020 Miss World America Competition, Three Other Indian Americans in Top 10 - India West - October 21st, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 15th, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani Discusses the Future of Plastic Surgery - The Jerusalem Post - October 15th, 2020
- The story of how a biotech co. came to the aid of an ill 9-year-old boy - Stockhouse - October 15th, 2020