Oh ... How do you sleep at night?
Ive often complained that I dont understand politics or politicians, but the truth is, I dont really want to.
I dont know what it is that makes men and women who say they want to run for office to help make their country, state, county, city a better place and then find themselves sucked into the madness that is American politics. Its a vocation that takes pretty much decent human beings and turns them into lying, cheating, double-talking cretins who make used car salesmen (no offense) look like followers of Mother Teresa.
Ive found it amazing over the years that politicians the ones who settle in for the long haul, pulling their chairs up to the pork, PAC and lobbyist troughs and just digging in like the pigs and gluttons they become think the American people are so stupid they actually believe their double-talk and bull----. By the same token, however, why would they think otherwise? The American people, who get an up-close, first-hand view of their shenanigans, keep sending them back to Washington, Atlanta, and local government agencies with hardly a second thought.
What? My elected representatives at the highest level cashed in certain stocks and bought up others after they attended a meeting that gave them advance warning of the possible impact of the coronavirus pandemic? Well, thats just good business. What, the businessman we put in the highest office in the land filed 13 bankruptcies and cheated both the American taxpayer and businesses he owed out of millions of dollars? That just shows hes got down the art of the deal, baby.
Did you say the person who wants to be president has changed his mind on important issues depending on which way the wind is blowing on a particular day so many times that he doesnt even know where he stands on those issues? Thats called playing to your base. Everyone does it.
I think Ive made it clear over the years my disdain for Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell. From his opposing stem cell research because the extreme right of his party opposed doctors and scientists playing God ... until someone in his family benefited from the science, to proclaiming that the entire Republican party should focus all of its efforts on making sure Barack Obama did not get a second term in office ON THE NIGHT HE WAS ELECTED, McConnell is the poster boy for lousy, self-serving, partisan politics at its worst.
As majority leader of the Senate, McConnell has spent the last 12 years the eight years that Obama was president and the four that Donald Trump has held that office doing nothing but putting conservative judges in office. McConnell conceded that the Democratic-controlled House would not go along with his right-wing agenda, so he has had the Senate do nothing but vote on judges over the last decade-plus. Other than hold a time-wasting impeachment trial that a group of power-tripping and wrong-headed Democrats dreamed up in the House, McConnell has proved to be the epitome of all that is wrong in American politics.
But the turtle man has outdone himself in his hypocritical call to replace recently passed Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg before her body was even cool following her death from cancer. Wasnt it McConnell, you might ask, who led the charge to keep an Obama Supreme Court nominee from taking a seat on the high court at the end of his tenure in the White House? Yes, but see, McConnell has an answer to such charges of blatant hypocrisy and just out-right lying. He says that when Obama, a Democrat, was in office, the Senate was controlled by Republicans, so there were obvious philosophical differences. Now, with a Republican in the White House and a Republican Senate, he says, its OK.
Meaning? More political blather and bull----.
McConnell has long since proved himself a shameful self-serving opportunist whose traitorous actions in a better time would have landed him in prison or out of the government on his duff. With his disregard for Ginsburgs service, he has also shown himself to be the only passably human ghoul that only the lowest of the low aspire to. The people of Kentucky must be proud ... as they send him back to the trough to misuse and misappropriate more of our hard-earned money.
Email Carlton Fletcher at carlton.fletcher@ albanyherald.com.
- Community Cord Blood Banking saves life of child with aplastic anaemia - The Hindu - November 20th, 2020
- Arya Lloyd: Father launches global search for blood stem cell donor to save his 12-year-old daughter - Sky News - November 20th, 2020
- Blood Cancer: Science Reveal Five Easily Missed Signs of Leukemia - Science Times - November 20th, 2020
- Karnataka:Community cord blood banking emerges as lifesaver - United News of India - November 18th, 2020
- How CAR-T Cell Therapy is Being Used in the Field of Blood Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - November 16th, 2020
- Election results for California Propositions 14, 18, 23, and 24 - FOX 11 Los Angeles - November 16th, 2020
- Cell Separation Beads Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2018-2028 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 16th, 2020
- Fight for the rights of unborn - The Daily Telegram - November 11th, 2020
- Genetic Mechanism Identified in Neonatal Diabetes Could Offer Insights into Other Forms of the Disease - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - November 11th, 2020
- Doctors Debate: Is Intensive or Low-Intensity Chemotherapy Plus BCR-ABL TKI Therapy Best for Treatment of Ph+ ALL? - Targeted Oncology - November 11th, 2020
- Record number of stem cell donors apply after Ex On The Beach star plea - expressandstar.com - November 11th, 2020
- Bisbee: A commitment to health care initiatives The Journal Record - Journal Record - November 11th, 2020
- California election results: Where state propositions stand as of Thursday at 5 p.m. - Desert Sun - November 11th, 2020
- Critically ill Indonesian woman thanks Taiwan for saving life - Taiwan News - November 7th, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present New Research on Bone Marrow Transplants, Immunotherapy and Other Blood Cancer Treatments - Business Wire - November 7th, 2020
- Daily Edition for Wednesday, November 4, 2020 - California Healthline - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're truly blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his recent fight to save his brother, Eric - ESPN - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're really blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his current battle to save lots of his brother, Eric - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - November 7th, 2020
- Mark Drought: Are we on the brink of another civil war? - The Advocate - November 7th, 2020
- What to eat when you have the flu, recommended by doctors - Business Insider India - October 30th, 2020
- Fine-Tuning Treatments for COVID-19 - American Council on Science and Health - October 30th, 2020
- Aborted girl fetus kidneys made Trumps CoV meds. As SARS2 is unfettered in America, this needs thought - Feminine-Perspective Magazine (FPMag) - October 30th, 2020
- What to Know in Washington: Provisional Ballots May Play Role - Bloomberg Government - October 30th, 2020
- Unless the country invests in cancer care, the statistics for breast cancer will be bleak: Dr Anthony Pais, .. - ETHealthworld.com - October 23rd, 2020
- Autologous Fat Grafting Market Scope Analysis 2019 to 2029 - The Think Curiouser - October 23rd, 2020
- How Clinique La Prairie Is Keeping Humanity Fashionably Healthy In The Age Of Covid - Forbes - October 23rd, 2020
- The Anthony Nolan and NHS Stem Cell Registry - The Hippocratic Post - October 21st, 2020
- Jeff Bridges is one of the 85,000-plus lymphoma cases expected in the U.S. this year - MarketWatch - October 21st, 2020
- YOUR HEALTH: Saving an unborn baby breaking apart in the womb - WQAD.com - October 21st, 2020
- Orgenesis completes acquisition of Koligo Therapeutics and announces additional acquisition of Icellator(R) Technology from Tissue Genesis in related... - October 21st, 2020
- SA becomes 2nd country to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to donate bone marrow - News24 - October 21st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2025 KYT24 - KYT24 - October 21st, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani shares his insights about the evolution of plastic surgery - LA Progressive - October 21st, 2020
- Manya Saaraswat Makes Top 5 Finish in 2020 Miss World America Competition, Three Other Indian Americans in Top 10 - India West - October 21st, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 15th, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani Discusses the Future of Plastic Surgery - The Jerusalem Post - October 15th, 2020
- The story of how a biotech co. came to the aid of an ill 9-year-old boy - Stockhouse - October 15th, 2020
- Where Amy Coney Barrett Stands on IVF - Glamour - October 15th, 2020
- Regeneron, Trump, and the alleged hypocrisy of the pro-life movement - Christian Post - October 15th, 2020
- Life Sciences - a year to remember - Lexology - October 15th, 2020
- Proposition 14: With Handful of Cures, Calif. Stem Cell Agency Has Mixed Record. Will Voters Pony Up Another $5.5 Billion? - KQED - October 8th, 2020
- Woman who lost her partner to cancer last year set to run 10K in his memory - Warrington Guardian - October 8th, 2020
- Different Types of Childhood Cancer | INTEGRIS - Integris - October 3rd, 2020
- A perfect match: Bone marrow transplant saves twin brother's life. Now their family pays it forward - 11Alive.com WXIA - October 3rd, 2020
- Baby whose nosebleeds turned out to be deadly condition saved by stranger - Mirror Online - October 3rd, 2020
- Over 40 lakh people in Telangana have developed COVID-19 antibodies: Health Minister Eatala - The New Indian Express - October 3rd, 2020
- Coming of Age: New Research Efforts are Improving Treatment of Childhood Blood Cancers - Curetoday.com - September 23rd, 2020
- World Rose Day 2020: History and significance of the welfare of cancer patients - Hindustan Times - September 23rd, 2020
- Guide to Voting on Propositions and the City of San Bernardino's Measure S - Black Voice News - September 23rd, 2020
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month 2020 - Everyday Health - September 23rd, 2020
- Faith for the fight: Neosho teen deals with rare combination of illnesses - Joplin Globe - September 21st, 2020
- RCSI partnership aims to advance predictive tests for common blood cancer - Siliconrepublic.com - September 21st, 2020
- Odessa woman hopes to gain back her sight after 6 years of being blind - NewsWest9.com - September 19th, 2020
- The Holistic Sanctuary Announces Exciting Plans to Expand Over Next 4 Years and Save More Lives - thepress.net - September 19th, 2020
- Highland family from Alness pleads for potential donors to come forward to help ill toddler - Inverness Courier - September 19th, 2020
- Global Multiple Myeloma Treatment Market-Industry Analysis and forecast 2019 2027: By Application, Type, and Region. - Galus Australis - September 8th, 2020
- Editorial: UT Health's new teaching hospital will boost region - Laredo Morning Times - September 6th, 2020
- Mum's message to the complete stranger who saved her son's life - LincolnshireLive - September 6th, 2020
- Important to balance benefits of cancer-related care with risks related to COVID-19: Dr Hari Menon - Express Healthcare - September 6th, 2020
- Be The Match Presents "Sickle Cell Connect" Virtual Event Series To Raise Awareness Of Treatment Options And Marrow Transplants As A Cure... - September 5th, 2020
- Betty Lin-Fisher: Men, take care of your health - Akron Beacon Journal - September 5th, 2020
- Seniors suffer the most from antiquated FDA approval process | TheHill - The Hill - September 5th, 2020
- Father of Three with Incurable Cancer is Helping Researchers Get One Step Closer to a Cure - The Suburban Newspaper - September 5th, 2020
- There is a dire need for 'donors of colour' in the fight against blood disorders - Health24 - September 5th, 2020
- Editorial: UT Healths new teaching hospital will boost region - San Antonio Express-News - September 5th, 2020
- Parents plea for stem cell help to save life of daughter with rare blood disorder - Mirror Online - September 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Scope and Opportunities Analysis 2017 2025 - StartupNG - September 1st, 2020
- 5 Recent Tech Innovations Disrupting the Medical and Healthcare Industry - HealthTechZone - August 29th, 2020
- A New FMI Report Forecasts the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Stem Cell Therapies Market Growth Post 2020 - The Scarlet - August 29th, 2020
- Sophie (5) lit up a room and was a little inspiration - New Ross Standard - August 29th, 2020
- Cell Harvesting Market 2018 Analysis Of Production, Future Demand, Sales And Consumption Research Report To 2023 - The Scarlet - August 29th, 2020
- Rare group of HIV patients don't need drugs to suppress virus due to way it integrates in their DNA - Brinkwire - August 29th, 2020
- ProgenCell - Stem Cell Therapies announces new facilities - PR Web - August 27th, 2020
- FDA Clears Jointechlabs' MiniTC for Point-of-Care Fat Tissue Processing and its Broad Range of Applications - PRNewswire - August 27th, 2020
- Religion and The Trump-Pence Ticket - The Tablet Catholic Newspaper - August 27th, 2020
- Archbishops vaccine stance out of tune with community - The Age - August 27th, 2020
- 'I had my penis amputated - so I've travelled the world shopping for a new one' - Mirror Online - August 27th, 2020
- Determined 24-year-old fighting rare aggressive cancer - Northumberland Gazette - August 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Segmentation, Assessment and Growth Opportunities by Forecast 2025 - Scientect - August 22nd, 2020
- How Far Have We Come In Treating COVID-19? - The Dispatch - August 22nd, 2020