PETITION: Tell Attorney General Barr to PROSECUTE Planned Parenthood's alleged sale of baby body parts. Click here.
SAN FRANCISO, California, December 6, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) -- A San Francisco judge ruled today that pro-life investigators David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt will stand trial on nine felony counts of secretly recording conversations as part of their expos of Planned Parenthoods illegal harvesting and trafficking of aborted baby body parts.
In a ruling released today, Judge Christopher C. Hite of the San Francisco Superior Court dropped five counts against the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) pro-life investigators. He ruled, however, that there was sufficient evidence from the preliminary hearing to try Daleiden and Merritt on nine counts of breaking Californias anti-eavesdropping law during their undercover investigations.
Daleiden, 30, and Merritt, 64, could face jail time if convicted.
Thomas More Society, which represents Daleiden, tweeted:
Daleiden tweeted that the case is falling apart.
Former California Attorney General Kamala Harris concocted this bogus, biased prosecution with her Planned Parenthood backers against undercover video recording, and now their case is falling apart as the facts about Planned Parenthoods criminal organ trafficking are revealed in the courtroom, Daleiden said in a tweeted statement.
The remaining charges under the California video recording lawthe first and only time it has ever been used against undercover news gathererswill fall for the same reasons that five charges were dismissed today: these were public conversations easily overheard by third parties. The real criminals are the Planned Parenthood leadership who sold fetal-body parts from late-term abortions and weaponized the justice system to try to cover it up.
Daleiden and Merritt must now appear at California's Superior Court for instruction and arraignment on January 30.
Daleiden, Merritt and others secretly recorded gatherings of abortionists and organ harvesting companies, and CMP groundbreaking undercover videos released in July 2015 showed Planned Parenthood executives callously discussing how to dismember babies to procure intact organs and haggling over fees of aborted baby parts. The videos shocked the country and led to congressional and senate investigations into Planned Parenthood.
The abortion giant retaliated by suing the pro-life investigators.
A jury ruled November 15 that Daleiden, Merritt, Albin Rhomberg, and Troy Newman of Operation Rescue must pay Planned Parenthood $2.3 million in compensatory and punitive damages and lawyers fees for secretly recording Planned Parenthood and National Abortion Federation conferences in 2014 and 2015.
The pro-lifers are appealing the civil ruling.
Live Actions Lila Rose called Judge Hite's ruling today on the criminal prosecution an abuse of power.
Today's ruling proves unfounded and outrageous charges against two pro-life journalists who exposed the harvesting and trafficking of innocent babies. This is a gross abuse of power and a violation of the First Amendment, she wrote on Twitter.
Animal activist groups went undercover at a duck farm & former CA AG @KamalaHarris used their expose to try to ban foie gras. But when pro-life reporters exposed @PPFA execs haggling over baby parts, the reporters were prosecuted & the abortionists protected, she added in another Tweet.
Harris initiated the investigation of Daleiden and Merritt in 2016, and current Democrat Attorney General Xavier Beccera announced the charges at a press conference in March 2017.
Testimony and evidence presented at the preliminary hearing in September exposed this completely bogus, sham, politically motivated case for the farce that it is, Daleiden told LifeSiteNews in an earlier interview.
Documents from the case now on public record show Harris had an in-person meeting at the attorney generals meeting in Los Angeles with no less than six top-level Planned Parenthood of California executives, he said.
Daleiden added that the meeting took place a couple of weeks before Harris ordered Department of Justice agents to raid his Orange County apartment in April 2016 and seize all his recording materials, including unpublished source documents of his undercover investigation.
We have the minutes in an email from the meeting that Kamala had with the Planned Parenthood leadership, and in that meeting they discussed both Planned Parenthoods political agenda in the state of California, and they also discussed the attorney generals investigation of me and of CMP, Daleiden said.
PETITION: Tell Attorney General Barr to PROSECUTE Planned Parenthood's alleged sale of baby body parts. Click here.
Daleiden and Merritt are claiming a Section 633.5 defense that allows covert recording of confidential communications when done to collect evidence of violent crimes.
Defense is also arguing that the law does not consider confidential any conversation that can reasonably be expected to be overheard.
The two-week preliminary hearing also saw high-level Planned Parenthood abortionists along with the CEO of baby parts harvesting company StemExpress dodging questions on their gruesome business under cross-examination by pro-life defense lawyers.
It was the venue for Daleidens first-ever public testimony about why he embarked on a 30-month undercover sting operation into Planned Parenthood trafficking in aborted baby parts and how he penetrated the networks of those involved in the grisly and illegal business.
It included a cross-examination of investigating agent for the Department of Justice Brian Cardwell that showed he did next to nothing to find out if those accusing Daleiden and Merritt of illegally taping them were telling the truth or understood confidentiality as defined in the law.
It featured defense testimony by one of the United States longest-practicing abortionists Dr. Forrest Smith. He testified that it is almost certain that some of the abortionists featured in the undercover videos deliberately altered abortion procedures in a way that both led to the birth of living babies with beating hearts and put women at risk. The goal in such abortions would be to obtain fresher, more intact organs.
It also included testimony by stem cell expert Dr. Theresa Deisher that the human fetal hearts used in a 2012 Stanford University study and supplied by StemExpress had to be harvested while the babies were still alive.
The really shocking and troubling and clarifying truth that was exposed in the preliminary hearing is that its very, very clear that the only crimes that were committed in the course of the undercover videotaping that Center for Medical Progress did were the crimes committed by the Planned Parenthood abortion doctors, and by the StemExpress body parts harvesters who were forced to testify under oath these past two weeks, Daleiden told LifeSiteNews at that time.
- Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma Alcl Therapeutics Market is Set to Experience Revolutionary Growth by 2026 - Cole of Duty - July 16th, 2020
- 'I don't have much time. I need a miracle' why stem cell donors are urgently needed - The Times - July 15th, 2020
- With rise in Covid cases, Surat to add 1,570 beds in 2 hospitals - The Indian Express - July 15th, 2020
- It's past time to treat international students as more than just money makers for universities - Massive Science - July 15th, 2020
- Scientists have made an important discovery for the treatment of male infertility - The Saxon - July 14th, 2020
- Tummy Ache Turns Out To Be Cancer, ER Visit During Pandemic Was Critical Decision - CBS Denver - July 14th, 2020
- One common infection could kill our baby girl but one simple act could change her life forever - The Sun - July 14th, 2020
- Top 10 Most Popular Stem Cell Treatments of 2020 - July 13th, 2020
- Coronavirus updates: California to release 8,000 inmates; masks 'only way' to prevent another shutdown, Texas Gov. says - Times Record News - July 13th, 2020
- Actor Nick Cordero Has Died from COVID-19 Complications After 13 Weeks in the Hospital - Yahoo India News - July 12th, 2020
- Ryan Anthony: A local trumpet prodigy who went on to play big stages and raise funds for cancer research - The San Diego Union-Tribune - July 11th, 2020
- The 'Teeter-Totter' of Blood Draws - Curetoday.com - July 11th, 2020
- In the middle of pandemic, this young mom fights second cancer diagnosis - Omaha World-Herald - July 11th, 2020
- R3 International Now Offering Stem Cell Therapy Program for Crohns Disease, IBD and Ulcerative Colitis - PR Web - July 10th, 2020
- Eucalyptus necklace and other unproven Covid-19 cures raise alarm in Indonesia - The Star Online - July 10th, 2020
- Surat: Engineer falls to death from tenth floor of under construction Covid hospital - The Indian Express - July 10th, 2020
- Tribute to Andra Campbell after five-year cancer battle | Romsey Advertiser - Romsey Advertiser - July 10th, 2020
- IML conducts the 5th National Convention on Medicine and Law - ETHealthworld.com - July 10th, 2020
- R3 International Now Offering Stem Cell Therapy Program for Crohns Disease, IBD and Ulcerative Colitis - Benzinga - July 9th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market : Global Forecast over 2025 Cole of Duty - Cole of Duty - July 9th, 2020
- Whatever happened to baby Owen? - The Herald-News - July 9th, 2020
- University of Miami Miller School-led technology paves way for islet regeneration in human pancreas - Newswise - July 9th, 2020
- Here's Why Mesoblast Stock Rose Over 18% Today - The Motley Fool - July 9th, 2020
- Eucalyptus necklace and other unproven Covid-19 cures raise alarm in Indonesia - The Straits Times - July 9th, 2020
- Global Organ Preservation Market Future Demand (COVID 19 Impact Analysis) & Growth Analysis with Forecast up to 2027 - Cole of Duty - July 9th, 2020
- First time ever successful operation with a single-use endoscope on immunodepressed child - Emergency-Live - July 4th, 2020
- College Kids Are Apparently Playing a Game Where They Try to Catch COVID - Futurism - July 3rd, 2020
- A Shot of This Gene Editing Serum Appears to Prevent Heart Disease in Monkeys - Futurism - July 3rd, 2020
- Katharine McPhee reveals frustrations with husband David Foster in new documentary - Wonderwall - July 3rd, 2020
- Jada Pinkett Smith denies August Alsina's claim they had years-long relationship with Will Smith's blessing - Wonderwall - July 3rd, 2020
- Global Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Treatment Market Projected to Witness a Measurable Downturn; COVID-19 Outbreak Remains a Threat to Growth in the... - July 3rd, 2020
- Its not just the lungs: COVID-19 can affect the brain and heart of those infected, researchers say - WITI FOX 6 Milwaukee - July 2nd, 2020
- Inequality in COVID-19 Has Other Dangerous Consequences - Fox and Hounds Daily - July 2nd, 2020
- Five Year-old Boy with Covid-19 Saves Sisters Life in Thailand - Chiang Rai Times - July 2nd, 2020
- Anniversary in the year of the coronavirus: 100 years of health protection at Audi - Automotive World - July 2nd, 2020
- What causes joint pain and how to slow down their defeat. Responsible orthopedic trauma - The Saxon - July 2nd, 2020
- In the middle of a pandemic, a young Minnesota mother fights her second cancer diagnosis - Minneapolis Star Tribune - June 27th, 2020
- Over 2,000 patients get stem cell treatment for COVID-19 in UAE | MEO - Middle East Online - June 27th, 2020
- Six-year-old given heroes welcome by his classmates after months of life-saving cancer treatment in Singapore - Yahoo Finance UK - June 27th, 2020
- BLM in STEM: We can't forget that scientific research is steeped in colonialism - Varsity Online - June 27th, 2020
- Exporting the Virus - The Investigative Fund - June 27th, 2020
- R3 International Offering Stem Cell Therapy Program for Anti Aging in Mexico - Yahoo Finance - June 26th, 2020
- 5-year-old Thai boy with COVID-19 saves sisters life with his stem cells - Yahoo Singapore News - June 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus Attacks the Lungs. A Federal Agency Just Halted Funding for New Lung Treatments. - The New York Times - June 26th, 2020
- Professor: Looming COVID Surge on "Verge of Being Apocalyptic" - Futurism - June 26th, 2020
- UAE stem cell therapy for coronavirus treats over 2000 patients, 1200 fully recover - MENAFN.COM - June 26th, 2020
- Mini-Organ Research Reveals What COVID-19 Does to the Body - Futurism - June 23rd, 2020
- Who is Nick Cordero and how is he doing after his coronavirus battle? - The Sun - June 23rd, 2020
- My Friend Was Struck by ALS. Heres How Hes Fighting Back - WIRED - June 23rd, 2020
- Family of 18-year-old Doncaster boy who died of cancer raise thousands for charities that helped him - Doncaster Free Press - June 23rd, 2020
- Michael Schumacher: Everything There Is to Know About His Health, Condition, and Accident - Essentially Sports - June 22nd, 2020
- Anonymous US stem cell donor saves the life of Norwich girl - Eastern Daily Press - June 19th, 2020
- British boy who came to Singapore for treatment for aggressive cancer is 'almost ready to go home' - CNA - June 19th, 2020
- Momenta clears a PhII hurdle on nipo but one big rival remains well in the lead in this packed field - Endpoints News - June 16th, 2020
- Leukemia Therapeutic Market to Witness Exponential Rise in Revenue Share During the Forecast Period 2015 to 2021 - The Canton Independent Sentinel - June 16th, 2020
- Want to save a life? Try to give blood. Then keep trying. - Tampa Bay Times - June 16th, 2020
- Rare disease startup NFlection scores $20M in Series A haul; Gilead partner Galapagos signs pact with Oxford biotech - Endpoints News - June 16th, 2020
- Gene Therapy and Editing : Novel options for inherited retinal blindness - ETHealthworld.com - June 14th, 2020
- Why Do Some People Get Sick All the Time, While Others Stay in Freakishly Good Health? - Discover Magazine - June 14th, 2020
- If You Invested $1,000 in Fate Therapeutics' IPO, This Is How Much Money You'd Have Now - The Motley Fool - June 13th, 2020
- A Perfect Match: Marcus grad honors late father by saving lives - The Cross Timbers Gazette - June 13th, 2020
- Chase and Sadie get heartbreaking results as his cancer spreads: 'Promise me you will try' - IndyStar - June 13th, 2020
- Irish dad with rare form of cancer would have died within a week if he didn't go to hospital - Irish Mirror - June 13th, 2020
- Types of cancers making people more vulnerable to Covid-19 - Nursing in Practice - June 13th, 2020
- They Put Him Back Together Again - University of Michigan Health System News - June 12th, 2020
- I thought it was just a rash but rare cancer now covers 90% of my skin splitting my hands and feet open - The Sun - June 12th, 2020
- 'I was tired and sore and I thought I had a really bad cold' - 9Honey - June 12th, 2020
- Westerleigh resident is alive because of stem cell therapy by his doctor -- for free. Heres his story. - SILive.com - June 12th, 2020
- Vancouver Island father dies of leukemia after battle to find mixed-race stem cell donor - Coast Mountain News - June 12th, 2020
- Thalassemia Treatment Market: Chelation Therapy to be Highly Lucrative Segment - BioSpace - June 12th, 2020
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Analysis and Forecast to 2026 || Top Growing Companies are ViroMed Co., Ltd, Ionis Pharmaceuticals,... - June 12th, 2020
- Could these senolytic drugs halt the spread of COVID-19? - Health Europa - June 11th, 2020
- Nick Cordero's Wife Says He Had A 'Rocky Night' After His Fever Spiked - iHeartRadio - June 11th, 2020
- Doctors revealed details of the new rescue of Michael Schumacher - The Times Hub - June 11th, 2020
- Autologous Bone Marrow Transplantation and Metformin, a Hope for the Cure of Multiple Sclerosis - Gilmore Health News - June 11th, 2020
- Here Are a Bunch of Photos of Cops Not Wearing Masks - Futurism - June 9th, 2020
- Lies and Hypocrisy: Anti-Abortion Arguments to Restrict the Abortion Pill - Ms. Magazine - June 9th, 2020
- Cryo-Cell to Donate 50,000 Face Masks to OBGYN Practices and Patients Around the Country Amidst COVID-19 - PR Web - June 9th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Abu Dhabi invests Dh3.6m in new technology to boost Covid-19 fight - The National - June 9th, 2020
- Bald men at higher risk of having severe coronavirus, shocking new research suggests - Express - June 5th, 2020