Stem Cell Therapy for Parkinsons Disease
Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by Parkinsons Disease. StemGenexStem Cell Research Centre provides Parkinsons stem cell therapy to help those with unmet clinical needs achieve optimum health and better quality of life. A clinical study registered through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) atwww.clinicaltrials.gov/stemgenex has been established to evaluate the quality of life changes in individuals with Parkinsons Disease following stem cell therapy.
Parkinsons Disease stem cell therapy is being studied for efficacy in improving the complications in patients through the use of their own stem cells.These procedures may help patients who dont respond to typical drug treatment, want to reduce their reliance on medication, or are looking to try stem cell therapy before starting drug treatment for Parkinsons.
To learn more about becoming a patient and receiving stem cell therapy through StemGenex Stem Cell Research Centre, please contact one of our Patient Advocates at (800) 609-7795. Below are some frequently asked questions aboutstem cell therapy for Parkinsons Disease.
The majority of complications in Parkinsons patients are related to the failure of dopamine neurons to do their job properly. Dopamine sends signals to the part of your brain that controls movement. It lets your muscles move smoothly and do what you want them to do. Once the nerve cells break down you no longer have enough dopamine, and you have trouble moving and completing tasks.
This stem cell treatment for Parkinson's disease is designed to target these neurons and to help with the creation of new dopamine producing neurons. In addition, stem cells may release natural chemicals called cytokines which can induce differentiation of the stem cells into dopamine producing neurons.
Upholding the highest levels of ethical conduct, safety and efficacy is our primary focus. Five clinical stem cell studies for Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are registered through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/stemgenex. Each clinical study is reviewed and approved by an independent Institutional Review Board (IRB) to ensure proper oversight and protocols are being followed.
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of human tissue and have the ability to repair, rebuild, and rejuvenate tissues in the body. When a disease or injury strikes, stem cells respond to specific signals and set about to facilitate the healing process by differentiating into specialized cells required for the bodys repair.
There are four known types of stem cells which include:
StemGenex provides autologous adult stem cells (from fat tissue) where the stem cells come from the person receiving treatment.
StemGenex provides autologous adult adipose-derived stem cells (from fat tissue) where the stem cells come from the person receiving treatment.
We tap into our bodys stem cell reserve daily to repair and replace damaged or diseased tissue. When the bodys reserve is limited and as it becomes depleted, the regenerative power of our body decreases and we succumb to disease and injury.
Three sources of stem cells from a patients body are used clinically which include adipose tissue (fat), bone marrow and peripheral blood.
Performed by Board Certified Physicians, dormant stem cells are extracted from the patients adipose tissue (fat) through a minimally invasive mini-liposuction procedure with little to no downtime.
During the liposuction procedure, a small area (typically the abdomen) is numbed with an anesthetic and patients receive mild to moderate sedation. Next, the extracted dormant stem cells are isolated from the fat and activated, and then comfortably infused back into the patient intravenously (IV) and via other directly targeted methods of administration. The out-patient procedure takes approximately four to five hours.
StemGenex provides multiple administration methods for Parkinson's Disease patients to best target the disease related conditions and symptoms which include:
Since each condition and patient are unique, there is no guarantee of what results will be achieved or how quickly they may be observed. According to patient feedback, many patients report results in one to three months, however, it may take as long as six to nine months. Individuals interested in stem cell therapy are urged to consult with their physician before choosing investigational autologous adipose-derived stem cell therapy as a treatment option.
In order to determine if you are a good candidate for adult stem cell treatment, you will need to complete a medical history form which will be provided by your StemGenex Patient Advocate. Once you complete and submit your medical history form, our medical team will review your records and determine if you are a qualified candidate for adult stem cell therapy.
StemGenex team members are here to help assist and guide you through the patient process.
Patients travel to StemGenex located in Del Mar, California located in San Diego County for stem cell treatment from all over the United States, Canada and around the globe. Treatment will consist of one visit lasting a total of three days. The therapy is minimally invasive and there is little to no down time. Majority of patients fly home the day after treatment.
We provide stem cell therapy for a wide variety of diseases and conditions for which traditional treatment offers less than optimal options. Some conditions include Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
The side effects of the mini-liposuction procedure are minimal and may include but are not limited to: minor swelling, bruising and redness at the procedure site, minor fever, headache, or nausea. However, these side effects typically last no longer than 24 hours and are experienced mostly by people with sensitivity to mild anesthesia. No long-term negative side effects or risks have been reported.
The side effects of adipose-derived stem cell therapy are minimal and may include but are not limited to: infection, minor bleeding at the treatment sites and localized pain. However, these side effects typically last no longer than 24 hours. No long-term negative side effects or risks have been reported.
StemGenex provides adult stem cell treatment with mesenchymal stem cells which come from the person receiving treatment. Embryonic stem cells are typically associated with ethical and political controversies.
The FDA is currently in the process of defining a regulatory path for cellular therapies. A Scientific Workshop and Public Hearing Draft Guidances Relating to the Regulation of Human Cells, Tissues or Cellular or Tissue-Based Products was held in September 2016 at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. Currently, stem cell treatment is not FDA approved.
In March 2016, bipartisan legislation, the REGROW Act was introduced to the Senate and House of Representatives to develop and advance stem cell therapies.
Stem cell treatment is not covered by health insurance at this time. The cost for standard preoperative labs are included. Additional specific labs may be requested at the patients expense.
People suffering from Parkinson's Disease often suffer from the following complications::
- Stem Cell Manufacturing in Stem Cell Therapy, Drug Discovery & Development, Stem Cell Banking, and More (2020-2025) - P&T Community - February 18th, 2020
- Should California invest another $5.5 Billion into stem cell research? - Long Beach Business Journal - Long Beach News - February 18th, 2020
- Chinese Scientist Unite Together to Tackle With COVID-19 - Associated Press - February 18th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market 2020: Growing with Technology Development, New Innovations, Future Projections, In-depth Analysis and Forecast by 2025 - News... - February 18th, 2020
- Lineage Cell Therapeutics to Present New Data From OpRegen and Vision Restoration Programs at the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology... - February 18th, 2020
- bluebird bio Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Financial Results and Highlights Operational Progress - Yahoo Finance - February 18th, 2020
- UCLA researchers discover new compound that promotes lung health - UCLA Newsroom - February 18th, 2020
- Could this patch help mend a broken heart? - Medical Design & Outsourcing - February 18th, 2020
- BEGEV Salvage Regimen Linked to High Complete Remission Rates - Cancer Therapy Advisor - February 18th, 2020
- Exosome-Based Treatment Targeting KRAS G12D-Mutated Pancreatic Cancer to Enter Human Studies Next Month - Precision Oncology News - February 18th, 2020
- US FDA Grants Orphan Drug Designation for Retrotopes RT001 in the Treatment of Progressive SupraNuclear Palsy (PSP) - Yahoo Finance - February 18th, 2020
- Mustang Bio Announces First Subject Treated in Phase 1/2 Trial with the Optimized CD20-targeted CAR T Cell Therapy MB-106The subject achieved a... - February 18th, 2020
- 34 Years with a New Heart and Counting | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - February 18th, 2020
- FREE Brunch with a Doc! Regenerative Options for Orthopedic Conditions - Englewood Herald - February 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy seminar - The Wilton Bulletin - February 18th, 2020
- SMAC mimetics and RIPK inhibitors as therapeutics for chronic inflammatory diseases - Science - February 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Analysis With Key Players, Applications, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 18th, 2020
- Michael Schumacher health: Whatever happened to F1 legend's 'miracle' treatment? Hamilton closing in to match Schumi's record - EconoTimes - February 18th, 2020
- Hunter Syndrome Treatment Market : In-depth Analysis to Understand the Competitive Outlook of the Global Industry with Future Estimation - Nyse Nasdaq... - February 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Overview 2020: Significance and Outlook By Top Players MEDIPOST, PHARMICELL Co., Ltd, Holostem Terapie Avanzate Srl,... - February 18th, 2020
- Trends on Stem Cell Therapy Products Market Outlook 2020 Industry Analysis by Size, Share, Growth Factors, Technology, R&D Companies and Foresight to... - February 18th, 2020
- Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) and Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs) Market 2019 Industry Outline, Global Executive Players, Interpretation and Benefit Growth... - February 18th, 2020
- Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market Structure, Industry Inspection, and Forecast 2025 - News Times - February 18th, 2020
- Boots' advice to widows wary of marrying again - INQUIRER.net - February 16th, 2020
- My Third Stem Cell Treatment for MS - Everyday Health - February 15th, 2020
- JDRF Reaches New Milestones in Work to Drive Cures for Type 1 Diabetes and Improve Lives - Yahoo Finance - February 15th, 2020
- 'Genetic rewiring' by a microRNA gene drives cancer's drug resistance - The Institute of Cancer Research - February 15th, 2020
- Unproven Stem Cell Treatments Offer Hope & Risks - February 15th, 2020
- Update on stem cell treatment cost for 2018 from ongoing poll ... - February 15th, 2020
- Hematology society recognizes four School of Medicine researchers Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - Washington University... - February 15th, 2020
- After pursuing him two years ago, the Padres are betting on Tommy Pham - The Athletic - February 15th, 2020
- The Art of Science Cutting edge science and captivating images - The - The Institute of Cancer Research - February 15th, 2020
- Carl June on CRISPR, CART and how the Vietnam War dropped him into medicine - Endpoints News - February 15th, 2020
- CytoDyn Reports Continued Positive Clinical Data on its Phase 1b/2 mTNBC and Expanded Access Studies for MBC Ahead of Breakthrough Therapy Designation... - February 15th, 2020
- Autologous Stem Cell And Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market 2020-2025 New Updates || Leadinf Players Fibrocell, Genesis Biopharma, Georgia Health... - February 15th, 2020
- Study shows how a tiny and strange marine animal produces unlimited eggs and sperm over its lifetime - National Human Genome Research Institute - February 14th, 2020
- This veteran-backed NASCAR team is heading to Daytona - We Are The Mighty - February 14th, 2020
- Actinium to Highlight Targeted Conditioning Portfolio at 2020 Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Annual Meeting; Phase 3 SIERRA Trial Preliminary... - February 14th, 2020
- (2020-2026) Latest Report shows drastic growth for Stem Cell Therapy Market: Which factor will limit market growth?| Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive,... - February 12th, 2020
- 2nd Annual Cell Therapy Bioprocessing Conference | Boston, MA, USA - June 25-26, 2020 | Network with Key Professionals Addressing the Strategies of... - February 12th, 2020
- CRISPR Therapeutics Provides Business Update and Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Financial Results - Yahoo Finance - February 12th, 2020
- Editing a -globin repressor binding site restores fetal hemoglobin synthesis and corrects the sickle cell disease phenotype - Science Advances - February 12th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report 2020 by Detailed Segmentation, SWOT Analysis, Demand Analysis and Forecast To 2024 - Instant Tech News - February 12th, 2020
- GENE CORRECTED STEM CELL THERAPY TO TREAT CYSTIC FIBROSIS DEVELOPED AT STANFORD UNIVERSITY - NewsPatrolling - February 12th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Booming by Size, Revenue, Trend and Top Companies 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 12th, 2020
- Astex Pharmaceuticals Announces US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Acceptance for Review of an NDA for the Combination Oral Hypomethylating Agent... - February 12th, 2020
- Protecting growth-restricted babies from brain injury with stem cell therapy - Mirage News - February 11th, 2020
- LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Provides Innovative Options for Age Management in Their Boca Raton Office - MENAFN.COM - February 11th, 2020
- Inflammasome Pathway Linked to MS and Diseases of Aging Has an... - Multiple Sclerosis News Today - February 11th, 2020
- They Are Happier. They Are In Less Pain: Butler Co. Vet Uses Stem Cell Therapy To Help Heal Dogs - CBS Pittsburgh - February 11th, 2020
- Arthritis Treatment: One Royal Is Promoting A Certain Kind Of Treatment - International Business Times - February 11th, 2020
- Orchard Therapeutics Announces Presentation of Clinical Data from Neurometabolic Franchise at 16th Annual WORLD Symposium - Yahoo Finance - February 11th, 2020
- AVROBIO Presents Positive Initial Data for its Investigational Cystinosis Program and Plato TM Platform, as well as Positive Data Out to 32 Months for... - February 11th, 2020
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Financial Results and Provide a Corporate Update - Yahoo Finance - February 10th, 2020
- Regenerative Medicine Market Analysis By Product Type, Therapeutic Category, Region And Forecast Till 2025 : Grand View Research Inc. - MENAFN.COM - February 10th, 2020
- Cambridge Science Festival showcases new research at the forefront of healthcare and medicine - Cambridge Network - February 10th, 2020
- Colombian Wound Care Market Research Report: By Product, Wound Type, End - User, Distribution Channel - Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2024 -... - February 10th, 2020
- Biotech companies leading the way with exosome human clinical trials - Born2Invest - February 10th, 2020
- SASpine to offer Stem Cell Therapy - PRNewswire - February 9th, 2020
- Aesthetic treatments can help you maintain your youthful glow - The Business Times - February 9th, 2020
- Stem Cell Treatments Market to Exhibit Impressive Growth of CAGR during the per - News by aeresearch - February 9th, 2020
- 'I just wish I could watch her grow up': Stem cell match needed to save toddler's life - CTV News London - February 9th, 2020
- Reviewing National Research (NASDAQ:NRC) and US Stem Cell (NASDAQ:USRM) - Slater Sentinel - February 9th, 2020
- New Immunotherapy Had Positive Results In Cancer Patients After Other Treatments Failed - Forbes - February 6th, 2020
- Abnormal Bone Formation After Trauma Explained and Reversed in Mice - Michigan Medicine - February 6th, 2020
- Viewpoints: Where's The Praise About Good News On Declining Opioid Deaths?; Shutting Down Air, Trade Over Coronavirus Will Be More Harmful In Long Run... - February 6th, 2020
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results for 2019 - Yahoo Finance - February 6th, 2020
- Kleo Pharmaceuticals Receives IND Authorization to Proceed from FDA for its Multiple Myeloma Therapeutic - BioSpace - February 6th, 2020
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to Present at the 22nd Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference - BioSpace - February 6th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy for Knees: Process, Efficacy, and Cost - February 2nd, 2020
- How Much Do Stem Cell Treatments Really Cost? - The Niche - February 2nd, 2020
- Six patients with rare blood disease are doing well after gene therapy clinical trial - UCLA Newsroom - February 2nd, 2020
- Chinese New Year babys B.C. family gives gift of life in cord-blood donation - The Province - February 2nd, 2020
- Foretinib Inhibits Cancer Stemness and Gastric Cancer Cell Proliferati | OTT - Dove Medical Press - February 2nd, 2020
- PERCEPT myeloma: a protocol for a pilot randomised controlled trial of exercise prehabilitation before and during autologous stem cell transplantation... - February 2nd, 2020
- Malcolm McGregor, 5, who is fighting cancer, returns home to hero's welcome - Wisconsin Rapids Tribune - February 2nd, 2020
- 4 Crazy but Effective Ways to Save More Money This Year - Nasdaq - February 2nd, 2020
- Patient in Japan 1st to have iPS cell heart muscle transplant : The Asahi Shimbun - Asahi Shimbun - February 2nd, 2020
- "The results amazed both the doctors and ourselves" - first patient to receive pioneering cancer treatment at MRI - Manchester Evening News - February 1st, 2020
- Snake venom can now be made in a lab and that could save many lives - WPMT FOX 43 - February 1st, 2020