Neil Riordan, PA, PhD is one of the early pioneers and experts in applied stem cell research. Dr. Riordan founded publicly traded company Medistem Laboratories (later Medistem Inc.) which was acquired by Intrexon in 2013.
He is the founder and chairman of Medistem Panama, Inc., a leading stem cell laboratory and research facility located in the Technology Park of the prestigious City of Knowledge in Panama City, Panama. Medistem Panama (est. 2007) is at the forefront of research on the effects of adult stem cells on the course of several chronic diseases and conditions. The stem cell laboratory at Medistem Panama is fully licensed by the Ministry of Health of Panama.
Human umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells (hUCT-MSCs) that were isolated and grown at Medistem Panama to create master cell banks are currently being used in the United States. These cells serve as the starting material for cellular products used in MSC clinical trials for two Duchennes muscular dystrophy patients under US FDAs designation of Investigational New Drug (IND) for single patient compassionate use. (IND 16026 DMD Single Patient) These trials are the first in the United States to use hUCT-MSCs. Translational Biosciences, a fully-owned subsidiary of Medistem Panama is currently conducting phase I/II clinical trials for multiple sclerosis, autism and rheumatoid arthritis.
Dr. Riordan is founder, chairman and chief science officer of the Stem Cell Institute in Panama, which specializes in the treatment of human diseases and conditions with adult stem cells, primarily human umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Established in 2007, Stem Cell Institute is one of the oldest, most well-known and well-respected stem cell therapy clinics in the world.
He is co-founder and chief science officer of the Riordan Medical Institute (RMI). Located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area city of Southlake, Texas, RMI specializes in the treatment of orthopedic conditions with autologous bone marrow-derived stem cells combined with amniotic tissue products developed by Dr. Riordan.
He is also the founder of Aidan Products, which provides health care professionals with quality nutraceuticals. Dr. Riordans team developed the product Stem-Kine, the only nutritional supplement that is clinically proven to increase the amount of circulating stem cells in the body for an extended period of time. Stem-Kine is currently sold in 35 countries.
Dr. Riordan has published more than 70 scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals. In the stem cell arena, his colleagues and he have published more than 20 articles on multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, heart failure, rheumatoid arthritis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, autism, and Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome. In 2007, Dr. Riordans research team was the first to discover and document the existence of mesenchymal-like stem cells in menstrual blood. For this discovery, his team was honored with the Medical Article of the Year Award from Biomed Central. Other notable journals in which Dr. Riordan has published articles include the British Journal of Cancer, Cellular Immunology, Journal of Immunotherapy, and Translational Medicine.
In addition to his scientific journal publications, Dr. Riordan has authored two books about mesenchymal stem cell therapy: Stem Cell Therapy: A Rising Tide: How Stem Cells Are Disrupting Medicine and Transforming Lives and MSC (Mesenchymal Stem Cells): Clinical Evidence Leading Medicines Next Frontier. Dr. Riordan has also written two scientific book chapters on the use of non-controversial stem cells from placenta and umbilical cord.
Dr. Riordan is an established inventor. He is the inventor or co-inventor on more than 25 patent families, including 11 issued patents. His team collaborates with a number of universities and institutions, including National Institutes of Health, Indiana University, University of California, San Diego, University of Utah, University of Western Ontario, and University of Nebraska.
He has made a number of novel discoveries in the field of cancer research since the mid-1990s when he collaborated with his father, Dr. Hugh Riordan, on the effects of high-dose intravenous vitamin C on cancer cells and the tumor microenvironment. This pioneering study on vitamin Cs preferential toxicity to cancer cells notably led to a 1997 patent for the treatment of cancer with vitamin C. In 2010, Dr. Riordan was granted an additional patent for a new cellular vaccine for cancer patients.
Neil Riordan, PA, PhD earned his Bachelor of Science at Wichita State University and graduated summa cum laude. He received his Masters degree at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. Riordan completed his education by earning a Ph.D. in Health Sciences at Medical University of the Americas.
Dr. Neil Riordan, Cell Therapy Expert - Stem Cell Treatment ...
- Viracta Therapeutics to Host Key Opinion Leader Call on the Treatment of EBV-Associated Lymphoma - Yahoo Finance - May 30th, 2020
- As Japan reopens, coronavirus testing slowed by bureaucracy and staff shortages - KDAL News - May 30th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Regenerative Medicine Market Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2020-2026 | Emphasis on Product Type... - May 30th, 2020
- COTA, Inc. Announces Participation in the 2020 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Virtual Scientific Program and DIA 2020 Virtual Global... - May 30th, 2020
- Scots mum, 28, who lost newborn baby tragically dies from lung inflammation weeks after cancer all clear - The Scottish Sun - May 30th, 2020
- "COVID-19: Treatment or vaccines? What seems more likely, and what could be more beneficial?" - Kalkine Media - May 30th, 2020
- A Low-Carb Strategy for Fighting the Pandemics Toll - The Wall Street Journal - May 30th, 2020
- Intravenous infusion of human umbilical cord Wharton's jelly-derived mesenchymal stem cells as a potential treatment for patients with COVID-19... - May 29th, 2020
- Viracta Therapeutics to Host Key Opinion Leader Call on the Treatment of EBV-Associated Lymphoma - PRNewswire - May 29th, 2020
- As Japan reopens, coronavirus testing slowed by bureaucracy and staff shortages - Physician's Weekly - May 28th, 2020
- VICTORY BELL: GMC's Coach Williams reaches remission | News - The Union-Recorder - May 28th, 2020
- DKMS-BMST Foundation India completes one year of operation in India - Express Healthcare - May 28th, 2020
- Studying the development of ovarian cancer with organoids - Science Codex - May 28th, 2020
- World Blood Cancer Day 2020: Bring down your risk of this condition with easy diet tips - TheHealthSite - May 28th, 2020
- Kyle Larson's First Payday After His NASCAR Suspension is Smaller Than You Might Think - Sportscasting - May 26th, 2020
- COVID-19: The Prevention Prescription - The New Indian Express - May 26th, 2020
- We must follow the rules to keep out coronavirus - Gulf News - May 26th, 2020
- Japanese newborn to receive the worlds first liver stem cell - News Landed - May 23rd, 2020
- First American to Receive Placental Cell Treatment For COVID-19 is an Acclaimed Broadway Scenic Designer - Science Times - May 23rd, 2020
- We now have a special power to kill the virus - Bangalore Mirror - May 23rd, 2020
- In the race to find a Covid-19 cure, leaders must not forget other diseases in need of research funds - The National - May 22nd, 2020
- Indian tennis: For injury-plagued Yuki Bhambri, the lockdown is both a chance and another challenge - Scroll.in - May 22nd, 2020
- Who Believe? Chad Coulter's spirit lives on through his son on and off the field - Dave Campbell's Texas Football - May 19th, 2020
- Mike Tyson reveals doctors gave him translucent blood injection that left him feeling weird during stem cel - The Sun - May 19th, 2020
- Doctor, Heal Thyself: Physician Burnout In The Wake Of Covid-19 - Forbes - May 19th, 2020
- Outbreak on edge of Navajo Nation overwhelms rural hospital - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 19th, 2020
- More than 290000 Covid-19 cases in Mena - MEED - May 19th, 2020
- Beware This COVID-19 Vaccine 'Study' From an 80s Teen Tech Titan and a Carnivorous Plant Smuggler - The Daily Beast - May 19th, 2020
- Higher risk of infection, changes to treatment makes COVID-19 a double threat for cancer patients - theday.com - May 16th, 2020
- Nancy Davidson describes plans for reopening the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance as COVID-19 wave recedes - The Cancer Letter - May 16th, 2020
- The Latest Technological Innovations in Orthopedic Surgery 2020 Technology - IMC Grupo - May 16th, 2020
- The first breakthrough coronavirus antibody drug might finally be here - BGR - May 16th, 2020
- Coronavirus: The trials and triumphs of UAE residents - Gulf News - May 16th, 2020
- Daughter of former journalist who died of colon cancer battling cancer of the bones - Nairobi News - May 16th, 2020
- Cancer treatment inspires new dad to raise 18k for NNUH with mass head shave - Eastern Daily Press - May 16th, 2020
- Doubts cast on claims that '19m Brits have had coronavirus' - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 16th, 2020
- UAE's first Covid-19 patient to recover after stem-cell therapy tells of medical journey - The National - May 12th, 2020
- Doctors Say Inflammation Might be the Root of COVID-19 Along with Other Diseases Such as Cancer and Dementia - Tech Times - May 12th, 2020
- Umbilical cord stem cells have the potential to treat COVID-19 - Open Access Government - May 12th, 2020
- Growing Number of Patients Suffering From Neurological Disorder to Support the Growth of Global Autologous Cell Therapy Market, TMR - PRNewswire - May 12th, 2020
- Q&A: 'Survivor' champ Ethan Zohn's deep Colorado connection, who he was shocked to see on the beach and his epic episode - Colorado Springs Gazette - May 12th, 2020
- EDITORIAL: Excessive haste in approving COVID-19 drugs is a no-no : The Asahi Shimbun - Asahi Shimbun - May 12th, 2020
- Tens of thousands of cancer patients STILL havent received NHS coronavirus shielding letters - The Sun - May 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Latest updates on COVID-19 crisis around the world - Outlook India - May 10th, 2020
- Needs way to measure pain besides the scale of 1-10 - Coastal Courier - May 1st, 2020
- Brave intensive care nurse, 27, diagnosed with rare cancer just weeks after dream wedding dies of disease - The Sun - May 1st, 2020
- RIP Rishi Kapoor! Succumbing to Leukemia, Veteran Actor Dies at 67 in Mumbai, Here is all You Need to Know Ab - India.com - May 1st, 2020
- The teenager who survived cancer, sepsis and a collapsed lung - Wales Online - May 1st, 2020
- Shares of Mesoblast Tumbled Over 20% Today After Doubling Last Week - The Motley Fool - April 29th, 2020
- THE BENEFITS OF TADALAFIL FOR ENLARGED PROSTATE AND ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION - RecentlyHeard.com - April 29th, 2020
- Cancer treatment made me infertile at 29heres how Im planning to have a family now - Well+Good - April 27th, 2020
- Incarceration Is Killing Us - Truthout - April 27th, 2020
- Coronavirus Doctors experiment with stem cell therapy on COVID-19 patients CBS News 9:39 AM - KTVQ Billings News - April 26th, 2020
- Call for 'sofa life-savers' as stem cell register takes a hit - Hereford Times - April 26th, 2020
- How effective is PLX cell therapy in treating coronavirus? Experts answer all queries and more - India TV News - April 24th, 2020
- VIDEO: Is It Allergies or COVID-19? - HealthDay Live - HealthDay Coronavirus Liveblog - April 24th, 2020
- HealthDay Reports: More Good News on Remdesivir's Power to Treat COVID-19 - HealthDay Coronavirus Liveblog - April 22nd, 2020
- 'Stem cell therapy more effective on Covid-19' - Korea Biomedical Review - April 21st, 2020
- Planned Clinical Trial of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Remestemcel-L in Patients with COVID-19 - Cancer Network - April 21st, 2020
- What are the underlying conditions causing more serious illness from coronavirus? - KSBW The Central Coast - April 20th, 2020
- What are the underlying conditions causing more serious illness from coronavirus? - WPBF West Palm Beach - April 18th, 2020
- Devoted coach, father and husband remembered for 'bringing out the best' in people throughout life - Elk Grove Citizen - April 18th, 2020
- Helping the helpers - The Jewish Standard - April 18th, 2020
- List of coronavirus treatments now being tested in clinical trials - Business Insider UK - April 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Set to Witness an Uptick during 2017 to 2025 - Science In Me - April 13th, 2020
- A Quarantine Trendsetter - Long Island Weekly News - April 13th, 2020
- What We Know About Masks and the New Coronavirus - The New Yorker - April 13th, 2020
- TISSUE REGENERATION TECHNOLOGIES Announces That Its First Coronavirus Clinical Trial Has Been Initiated Utilizing Unfocused Shockwave Therapy... - April 13th, 2020
- Michael Schumacher health: The truth about the F1 champ's recovery after a devastating head injury in 2013 - EconoTimes - April 13th, 2020
- Michael Schumacher health: Timeline of F1 champion's recovery bid - Express.co.uk - April 13th, 2020
- Column: Scientific advancements in the time of COVID-19 and what they offer us - The Daily Tar Heel - April 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 Tips for Patients with Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Acute Myeloid Leukemia - Curetoday.com - April 8th, 2020
- Medical 'Wonder Women' making a difference in the region's fight on coronavirus - The Arab Weekly - April 8th, 2020
- Ive had Seder in isolation, and this is my message of hope - The Jerusalem Post - April 8th, 2020
- Did a Cult Hair-Care Line Cause Thousands of Women to Lose Their Hair? - The New York Times - April 8th, 2020
- Coronavirus can cause loss of smell and scientists think they know why - ZME Science - April 8th, 2020
- Former England footballer Geoff Thomas backs Mirror campaign to give NHS heroes a medal - Mirror Online - April 8th, 2020
- Roma woman tells of her 'life-changing' MS treatment - Whitsunday Times - April 8th, 2020
- Working Together Working Together: Indianapolis couple offers Airbnb to healthcare workers Nicole Griffin 1:41 PM - WRTV Indianapolis - March 30th, 2020
- Smith trying to turn the corner on cancer battle - Johnson City Press (subscription) - March 30th, 2020