How do Stem Cellsfunction? Stem cells have the capacity to migrate to injured tissues, a phenomenon calledhoming. This occurs by injury or disease signals that are released from the distressed cells and tissue. Once stem cells arrive,they dock on adjacent cells to commence performing their job to repair the problem.
Stem cells serve as a cell replacementwhere they change into the required cell type such as a muscle cell, bone orcartilage. This is ideal for traumaticinjuries and many orthopedic indications.
They do not express specific human leukocyte antigens (HLAs) which helpthem avoid the immune system. Stemcells dock on adjacent cells and release proteins called growth factors, cytokines and chemokines. These factors help control many aspects of the healing and repairprocess systemically.
Stem cells control the immune system and regulate inflammation which is a keymediator of disease, aging, and is ahallmark of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
They help to increase new blood vesselformation so that tissues receive proper blood flow and the correct nutrients needed to heal as in stroke, peripheral arterydisease and heart disease.
Stem cells provide trophic support forsurrounding tissues and help hostendogenous repair. This works wellwhen used for orthopedics. In case ofdiabetes, it may help the remaining beta cells in the pancreas to reproduce orfunction optimally.
As CSN research evolves, the field ofregenerative medicine and stem cells offers the greatest hope for those suffering from degenerative diseases, conditions for which there is currently no effective treatment or conditions that have failed conventional medical therapy.
Stem cell treatment is a complex process allowing us to harvest the bodys own repair mechanism to fight against degeneration, inflammation and general tissue damage. Stem cells are cells that can differentiate into other types of tissue to restore function and reduce pain.
Adult stem cells are found in abundance in adipose (fat) tissue, where more than 5million stem cells reside in every gram. These stem cells are called adult mesenchymal stem cells.
Our medical doctors extract stromal vascular fraction (SVF) from your own body to provide treatment using your very own cells. This process is calledautologous mesenchymal stem celltherapy. Our multi-specialty team deploys SVF under an institutional review board (IRB). This is an approved protocol that governs investigational work and the focus is to maintain safety of autologous use of SVF for various degenerative conditions.
How do we perform the stem cell treatment? Our procedure is very safe and completed in a single visit to our clinic. On the day of treatment, our physicians inject a localanaesthetic and harvest approximately 60 cc (2 oz.) of stromalvascular fraction (SVF) from under the skin of your flanks or abdomen. The extracted SVF is then refined in a closed system using strictCSN protocols to produce pure stromalvascular fraction (SVF). SVF containsregenerative cells including mesenchymal and hematopoietic stem cells, macrophages, endothelial cells, immune regulatory cells, and important growth factors that facilitate your stem cell activity. CSN technology allows us to isolate high numbers of viable stem cells that we can immediately deploy directly into a joint, trigger point, and/or byintravascular infusion. Specific deployment methods have been developed that are unique for each condition being treated.
During the refinement process, thesubcutaneous harvested cells andtheir connecting collagen matrix willbe separated, leaving purified free stem cells. About half of the SVF will be pure stem cells, while the remainder will be acombination of other regenerative cellsand growth factors. Before the SVF isre-injected into your body during the final part of the process we perform a qualityand quantity test which will examine the cell count and viability.
Perfecting the stem cell treatment Our team records cell numbers and viability so that we can gain a better understanding of what constitutes a successful treatment. Although it is not yet possible to predict what number of cells that will be recovered in a harvest, it is very important that we know the total cell count and cell viability. It is only with this data that we will beginto understand why treatments are verysuccessful, only slightly successful orunsuccessful.
While vigilant about patient safety, we are also learning and sharing with the CSN data bank about which diseases respond best and which deployment methods are most effective with over 80 other clinics.
This data collection from all over the world makes the Cell Surgical Network the worlds largest regenerative medicineclinical research organization.
Network physicians have the opportunity to share their data, as well as their clinical experiences, thus helping one anotherto achieve higher levels of scientificunderstanding and optimizing medical protocols.
Injecting into thevascular system and/ora joint We will administer the stem cell treatment with two methods:
The belief is that for many degenerative joint conditions IV and intra-articulardeployment is superior because each of these conditions have a local pathology and a central pathology. The local resident stem cell population has been working very hard to repair the damage and over the course of time these stem cells have become worn out, depleted and slowly die. This essentially causes a state of stem cell depletion. When we inject our mix of stem cells, cytokines and growth factors (known as SVF)inflammation is decreased and theregenerative process improved.
The stem cells that we have injected will then bring the level of stem cells closer to the normal level, thus restoring the natural balance and allow the body to heal itself.
Caplan et al, The MSC: An Injury Drugstore, DOI 10.1016/j .stem.2011.06.008
How long does it last? Many studies have shown the healing and regenerative ability of stem cells. Forexample, a study in World Journal of Plastic Surgery (Volume 5; May 2016) followed a woman with knee arthritis. Before and after analysis of MRI images confirmed new growth of cartilage tissue. Unlike steroids, lubricants, and other injectable treatments, stem cells actually repair damaged tissue.
As published in Experimental andTherapeutic Medicine (Volume 12; August 2016), numerous studies with hundreds of patients showed continuous improvement of arthritis for two years. Patients showed improvement three months after a single treatment and they continued to show improvement for two full years. This is why stem cells are often referred to as regenerative medicine.
No one can guarantee results for this or any other treatment. Outcomes will vary from patient to patient. Each potential patient must be assessed individually to determine the potential for optimum results from this regenerative therapy. To learn more about stem cell therapy, please contact us by clicking here or calling our clinic at 604-708-CELL (604-708-2355).
See original here:
Vancouver Stem Cell Treatment Centre | Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Therapy Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Growth And Change To 2030 - Yahoo Finance - May 3rd, 2021
- Stem cell therapy for COPD: Cost, effectiveness, and more - Medical News Today - May 3rd, 2021
- Thomas Smeenk on Hemostemix's autologous stem cell therapy technology and why some call it 'the fountain of youth' - InvestorIntel - May 3rd, 2021
- Mesoblast says its stem cell treatment saved lives of severely ill COVID patients - Stockhead - May 3rd, 2021
- Antiviral T cells protected, viable as off-the-shelf treatment for painful complication stem cells - Microbioz India - May 3rd, 2021
- Investigating CAR T-Cell Therapy for Use in Different Disease Types - Targeted Oncology - May 3rd, 2021
- Should scientists be allowed to grow human embryos in a dish beyond 14 days? Is it scientifically important or morally wrong? - USA TODAY - May 3rd, 2021
- Hope, hype and exploitation the wild history of stem cell science - ABC News - May 3rd, 2021
- Brave New World is being reinvented with synthetic embryosand the right reasons - SYFY WIRE - May 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Trends Evaluation 2021 By Leading Players Updates, Consumer-Demand, Key Strategies, Consumption, Industry Development, Market... - May 3rd, 2021
- STEM NOLA Teams with Obatala Science & CellSpring to Expose Students to Careers and Medical Research at Biotech Startups - PRNewswire - May 3rd, 2021
- Breakthrough gene therapies in sight | UNC-Chapel Hill - UNC Chapell Hill - May 3rd, 2021
- FDA's Abecma Approval a 'Great Blessing' for Patients with Multiple Myeloma - Curetoday.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Enhanced inhibition of tumor growth using TRAIL-overexpressing adipose-derived stem cells in combination with the chemotherapeutic agent CPT-11 in... - May 3rd, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020-2027 Trends, industry vertical, along with the geography, delivering valuable insights | Reportspedia Clark... - May 3rd, 2021
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Report 2021 by Global Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Size, Forecast to 2027 Clark County... - May 3rd, 2021
- CRISPRoff Reversible Epigenome Editing Method Could Enable Safer, More Precise Therapeutics - GenomeWeb - May 3rd, 2021
- Cell Therapy Market To Expand At An expeditious Growth Rate From 2021-2027 | Thermo Fisher Scientific, Nanofiber Solutions, Advanced Biomatrix,... - May 3rd, 2021
- FTC continues to crack down on companies peddling fake COVID treatments and cures - HamletHub - May 3rd, 2021
- ThermoGenesis : The History of Cell and Gene Therapy - marketscreener.com - April 18th, 2021
- Russell Health Honored in Global Business Leaders Magazine's '20 Leading Companies of the Year 2021' - PRNewswire - April 18th, 2021
- Durable B-ALL Control With Allogeneic Transplant After CAR T-Cell Therapy - Cancer Therapy Advisor - April 18th, 2021
- CRISPR lauds easy scale-out of cell therapy - BioProcess Insider - BioProcess Insider - April 18th, 2021
- NeoProgen, Inc. Receives First Granted Patent for Method to Treat Cardiac Conditions using Neonatal Heart-derived Medicinal Signaling Cells (nMSCs)... - April 18th, 2021
- CRISPR gene therapy for sickle cell disease approved by the FDA - BioNews - April 18th, 2021
- Man's heart healed by stem cell therapy and love of an old flame - Leeds Live - April 18th, 2021
- Autologous Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Professional Report 2021 Witness Robust Expansion by 2026 SoccerNurds - SoccerNurds - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis 2021: Size, Share, Sales, Growth, Revenue, Type, Application & Forecast To 2027 SoccerNurds - SoccerNurds - April 18th, 2021
- Mastitis therapy explored | AG | kmaland.com - KMAland - April 18th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Enters the Arena in Multiple Myeloma With Ongoing Research Ahead - OncLive - April 18th, 2021
- Leukemia Cutis: Symptoms and Treatment - Healthline - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market is Set to Witness Impressive Growth | Top Players Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (US), MEDIPOST Co., Ltd. KSU | The Sentinel... - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 SWOT Analysis, Growth Rate, and Market Share By Type, Application and Global Forecast 2027 - Los Hijos de la... - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2025 - The Courier - March 8th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Industry Analysis, Growth Factors, Trends, and Regional Forecast to 2027 - The Courier - March 8th, 2021
- Pericardial Injection Effective, Less Invasive Way to Get Regenerative Therapies to Heart - NC State News - March 8th, 2021
- Biomarkers Help Predict the Role of Chemotherapy in Biologic Aging - OncLive - March 8th, 2021
- Glial Cell Discovery Could Point the Way to Motor Neuron Disease Therapies - Technology Networks - March 8th, 2021
- Mouth Sores from Chemo: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments - Healthline - February 19th, 2021
- ThermoGenesis Holdings Begins a Year of Celebration of its 35th Anniversary in the Cell Banking and Cell Therapy Industry - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Meet the women hoping to recruit more stem cells donors from Black communities - CTV News - February 19th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Carves Out a Role in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - February 19th, 2021
- AI project to power the future of stem cell manufacturing - TechCentral.ie - February 17th, 2021
- Promising Results for Stem Cell Treatment of Degenerative ... - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy for Heart Disease - Cleveland Clinic - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy for Stroke Recovery | University of ... - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Treatment: Future of Modern Medicine | Science Times - February 14th, 2021
- Researchers may have found a miracle cure for baldness - BGR - February 14th, 2021
- Types of leukemia: Prevalence, treatment options, and prognosis - Medical News Today - February 14th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Launch of New Clinical Trial with National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to Evaluate JSP191 in Sickle Cell Disease -... - February 14th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Set to Reach USD 214.5 Million by 2024 - The Courier - February 14th, 2021
- Keep it Flowing: Combating COVID-19 Blood Shortages in Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - February 14th, 2021
- Network-based screen in iPSC-derived cells reveals therapeutic candidate for heart valve disease - Science - February 14th, 2021
- AlloVir Research Presented at the 2021 Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Meeting Digital Experience - Business Wire - February 14th, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics talks the benefits of HSC therapy - BioProcess Insider - February 14th, 2021
- Protein Discovery in the Development of New Hearing Hair Cells Could Lead to Treatments for Hearing Loss - SciTechDaily - February 7th, 2021
- Stem cells efficacy confirmed in treating ototoxic hearing loss - Korea Biomedical Review - February 4th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Trial Shows Umbilical-Cord Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Infusions Save Lives of Sickest COVID-19 Patients - HospiMedica - January 22nd, 2021
- Massive Growth in Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Set to Witness Huge Growth by 2027| VETSTEM BIOPHARMA, Cell Therapy Sciences, Regeneus, Aratana... - January 22nd, 2021
- Autologous stem cell transplantation versus bortezomib for the first line treatment of systemic light chain amyloidosis in the UK - DocWire News - January 22nd, 2021
- Promising Steps Toward Retinal Cell Transplants to Fight Blindness - HealthDay News - January 22nd, 2021
- Hemostemix Announces the Bread Contract with the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade & Development Canada - InvestorIntel - January 22nd, 2021
- Trending News on Targeted Oncology, Week of January 22, 2021 - Targeted Oncology - January 22nd, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Growth Opportunities, Trends, Key Players and Forecast to 2027 - The Courier - January 22nd, 2021
- Time To Book Profit In Fate Therapeutics Stock After A 5x Rally? - Forbes - January 22nd, 2021
- Reid Merryman, MD, on Study Findings Investigating Prognostic Value of ctDNA for Patients with DLBCL - Cancer Network - January 22nd, 2021
- Co-founder Thomas Smeenk on the benefits of Hemostemix autologous stem cell therapy - InvestorIntel - January 12th, 2021
- Covid-19 Impact On Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Huge Potential in Future Growth by 2027 | Magellan, Medipost Co., Ltd, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.,... - January 12th, 2021
- Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis and Forecast, 2020-2026 Coherent Market Insights | BioRestorative Therapies, Inc., Celltex... - January 12th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Treatment Uses Stem Cells - Freethink - January 12th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Files Investigational New Drug Application (IND) with FDA for Treatment of Stroke using ImmCelz Regenerative... - January 12th, 2021
- Global Cell Freezing Media for Cell Therapy Market 2020 Dynamics Analysis, Size Witness Growth Acceleration During 2025 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 12th, 2021
- Gamida Cell to Present Full Data from Phase 3 Study of Omidubicel at TCT, the Combined Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Meetings of ASTCT and... - January 12th, 2021
- Cate Dyer of StemExpress is Named Businesswoman of the Year! - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2021
- Adocia Files Patent on a Hydrogel Scaffold for Cell Therapy in the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes - Business Wire - January 12th, 2021
- Gene Therapy Market Estimated to Record Highest CAGR by 2024 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 12th, 2021
- Stem cell treatment corrects skull shape and restores brain function in mouse model of childhood disorder - National Institutes of Health - January 9th, 2021
- Doctors Make Medical Breakthrough In Treating Severe Cases Of COVID - CBS New York - January 9th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Report 2020: Market to Recover and Reach $14.76 Billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 19.62% - Forecast to 2030 - Yahoo Finance - January 9th, 2021
- Engineered stem cells that evade immune detection could boost cell therapy and I-O - FierceBiotech - January 9th, 2021