Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Stem Cell Therapy market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Stem Cell Therapy Market. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Stem Cell Therapy market during the forecast period. It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Abstract, Snapshot, Market Analysis & Market Definition: Stem Cell Therapy Market Industry / Sector Trends
Stem Cell Therapy Market size was valued at USD 7.8 billion in 2018 and is expected to witness 10.2% CAGR from 2021 to 2026.
U.S. Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, By Type, 2018 & 2025 (USD Million)
Rising prevalence of chronic diseases will positively impact the stem cell therapy market growth. Cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders and other chronic conditions have resulted in high mortality over past few years. Conventional therapeutic methods and treatments are currently replaced due to lack of efficiency and efficacy. Recently developed stem cell therapies are capable of replacing defective cells to treat diseases that has reduced morbidity drastically. Therefore, people have now started relying on stem cell therapy that has long term positive effects.
Advancements in stem cell therapy in developed regions such as North America and Europe have boosted the industry growth. Since past few years, there have been several researches carried out for stem cell therapy. Currently developed stem cell therapies have shown positive outcomes in treatment of leukemia. Similarly, due to advancements in regenerative medicine, several other chronic conditions such as muscular dystrophy and cardiovascular diseases also have been cured. Aforementioned factors have surged the industry growth. However, high cost of allogenic stem cell therapy may hamper the industry growth to some extent.
Market Segmentation, Outlook & Regional Insights: Stem Cell Therapy Market
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Type
Allogenic stem cell therapy segment held around 39% revenue share in 2018 and it is anticipated to grow substantially during the analysis timeframe. Allogenic stem cell is available as off the shelf therapy and it is easily scalable that helps in providing treatment without delay. Moreover, the procedure includes culturing donor-derived immunocompetent cells that are highly effective in treatment of several diseases. Stem cells obtained in allogenic therapy are free of contaminating tumor cells. This reduces risk for disease recurrence that will surge its demand thereby, stimulating segment growth.
Autologous stem cell therapy segment is estimated to witness 10.1% growth over the forthcoming years. People usually prefer autologous stem cell therapy as it has minimum risk of immunological rejection. However, on introduction of allogenic stem cell therapy, demand for autologous stem cell therapy has declined as it is difficult to scale up. However, there are concerns regarding risk of cross contamination during large scale manufacturing of autologous stem cell lines that will impede segmental growth to some extent.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Application
The neurology segment was valued at around USD 1.6 billion in 2018 and it is estimated that it will witness significant growth over the forthcoming years. Stem cells are used to replenish the disrupted neurological cells that help in quick patient recovery. Pluripotent stem cells provide a replacement for cells and tissues to treat Alzheimers, Parkinsons disease, cerebral palsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and other neurodegenerative diseases. Thus, the pivotal role of stem cells in treating the life-threatening neurological condition will escalate segment growth.
The cardiovascular segment will witness 10% growth over the analysis timeframe. Considerable segmental growth can be attributed to development in stem cell therapies that have enhanced recovery pace in patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Recently developed allogeneic stem cell therapies are efficient and easily available that have reduced the mortality rates in cardiovascular patients. Above mentioned factors will propel cardiovascular segment growth in near future.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By End-users
The hospital segment held over 56% revenue share in 2018 and it is anticipated to grow significantly in near future. The rising preference for stem cell therapies offered by hospitals proves beneficial for business growth. Hospitals have affiliations with research laboratories and academic institutes that carry out research activities for developing stem cell therapies. On the introduction and approval of any novel stem therapy, hospitals implement it immediately. Associations with research and academic institutes further help hospitals to upgrade its stem cell treatment offerings that positively impact the segmental growth.
The clinics segment is expected to grow at around 10% during the forecast timeframe. Clinics specializing in providing stem cell therapies are well-equipped with advanced medical devices and superior quality reagents required for imparting stem cell therapies. However, as clinics offer specialized stem cell therapies, their treatment cost is much higher as compared to hospitals that may reduce its preference.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Region
North America stem cell therapy market held around 41.5% revenue share in 2018 and it is estimated to grow substantially in near future. Increasing the adoption of novel stem cell therapies will prove beneficial for regional market growth. Moreover, favorable government initiatives have a positive impact on regional market growth. For instance, the government of Canada has initiated Strategic Innovation Fund Program that invests in research activities carried out for stem cell therapies enabling development in stem cell therapy. Above mentioned factors are expected to drive the North America market growth.
Asia Pacific stem cell therapy market is anticipated to witness 10.8% growth in the near future owing to increasing awareness amongst people pertaining to the benefits of advanced stem cell therapies. Additionally, favorable initiatives undertaken by several organizations will promote industry players to come up with innovative solutions. For instance, according to Pharma Focus Asia, members of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation collaborated with Life Sciences Innovation Forum to involve professionals having expertise in stem cell therapies from academia and research centers to promote developments in stem cell research. Thus, growing initiatives by organizations ensuring the availability of new stem cell therapies will foster regional market growth.
Latin America Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, By Country, 2025 (USD Million)
Key Players, Recent Developments & Sector Viewpoints: Stem Cell Therapy Market
Key industry players in the stem cell therapy market include Astellas Pharma Inc, Cellectis, Celyad, Novadip Biosciences, Gamida Cell, Capricor Therapeutics, Cellular Dynamics, CESCA Therapeutics, DiscGenics, OxStem, Mesoblast Ltd, ReNeuron Group, and Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Chief industry players implement several initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions to sustain market competition. Also, receiving approvals for stem cell therapy products from regulatory authorities fosters the companys growth. For instance, in March 2018, the European Commission approved Takedas Alofisel that is off-the-shelf stem cell therapy. Product approval will help the company to gain a competitive advantage and capture market share.
Stem Cell Therapy Industry Viewpoint
The stem cells industry can be traced back to the 1950s. In 1959 first animals were made by in-vitro fertilization by preserving the stem cells. Till 2000, research was being carried out on stem cells to study its therapeutic effect. In 2000, fund allocations were made to research on cells derived from aborted human fetuses. In the same year, scientists derived human embryonic stem cells from the inner cell mass of blastocytes. Later, in 2010, clinical trials for human embryonic stem cell-based therapy were initiated. As technology progressed, stem cell therapy for treating cancer was developed. However, due to ethical issues, the use of stem cells for curing diseases witnessed slow growth for a few years. But as the regulatory scenario changed, people started preferring stem cell therapies due to its better efficacy. Stem cell therapy is in the developing stage and has numerous growth opportunities in developing economies with a high prevalence of chronic diseases.
Key Industry Development
In September 2020, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited announced the expansion of its cell therapy manufacturing capabilities with the opening of a new 24,000 square-foot R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility at its R&D headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. The facility provides end-to-end research and development capabilities and will accelerate Takedas efforts to develop next-generation cell therapies, initially focused on oncology with the potential to expand into other therapeutic areas.
The R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility will produce cell therapies for clinical evaluation from discovery through pivotal Phase 2b trials. The current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) facility is designed to meet all U.S., E.U., and Japanese regulatory requirements for cell therapy manufacturing to support Takeda clinical trials around the world.
The proximity and structure of Takedas cell therapy teams allow them to quickly apply what they learn across a diverse portfolio of next-generation cell therapies including CAR NKs, armored CAR-Ts, and gamma delta T cells. Insights gained in manufacturing and clinical development can be quickly shared across global research, manufacturing, and quality teams, a critical ability in their effort to deliver potentially transformative treatments to patients as fast as possible.
Takeda and MD Anderson are developing a potential best-in-class allogeneic cell therapy product (TAK-007), a Phase 1/2 CD19-targeted chimeric antigen receptor-directed natural killer (CAR-NK) cell therapy with the potential for off-the-shelf use being studied in patients with relapsed or refractory non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Two additional Phase 1 studies of Takeda cell therapy programs were also recently initiated: 19(T2)28z1xx CAR T cells (TAK-940), a next-generation CAR-T signaling domain developed in partnership with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) to treat relapsed/refractory B-cell cancers, and a cytokine and chemokine armored CAR-T (TAK-102) developed in partnership with Noile-Immune Biotech to treat GPC3-expressing previously treated solid tumors.
Takedas Cell Therapy Translational Engine (CTTE) connects clinical translational science, product design, development, and manufacturing through each phase of research, development, and commercialization. It provides bioengineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and control (CMC), data management, analytical, and clinical and translational capabilities in a single footprint to overcome many of the manufacturing challenges experienced in cell therapy development.
Key Insights Covered: Exhaustive Stem Cell Therapy Market 1. Market size (sales, revenue and growth rate) of Stem Cell Therapy industry. 2. Global major manufacturers operating situation (sales, revenue, growth rate and gross margin) of Stem Cell Therapy industry. 3. SWOT analysis, New Project Investment Feasibility Analysis, Upstream raw materials and manufacturing equipment & Industry chain analysis of Stem Cell Therapy industry. 4. Market size (sales, revenue) forecast by regions and countries from 2019 to 2025 of Stem Cell Therapy industry.
Research Methodology: Stem Cell Therapy Market
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Stem Cell Therapy in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Trusted Business Insights Shelly Arnold Media & Marketing Executive Email Me For Any Clarifications Connect on LinkedIn Click to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates. US: +1 646 568 9797 UK: +44 330 808 0580
- Hematologist/Stem Cell Biologist to Direct Hematology and Cellular Therapy at Cedars-Sinai - Newswise - December 1st, 2020
- Boston Celtics Kemba Walker will miss time after stem cell injection in left knee, will be re-evaluated in J - MassLive.com - December 1st, 2020
- Stem cell therapy in coronavirus disease 2019: current evidence and future potential - DocWire News - December 1st, 2020
- Hematologist Discusses the Impact a Myeloma CAR T-Cell Approval Would Have on the Treatment Landscape - DocWire News - December 1st, 2020
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate Receptor Modulator ONO-4641 Regulates Trafficking of T Lymphocytes and Hematopoietic Stem Cells and Alleviates Immune-Mediated... - December 1st, 2020
- New Drug Could Improve Effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy - Pain News Network - December 1st, 2020
- Are stable producer cells the future of viral vector manufacturing and when will allogeneic cell therapy take hold? - BioPharma-Reporter.com - December 1st, 2020
- How Stem Cell Therapy Market Will Dominate In Coming Years? Report Covering Products, Financial Information, Developments, Swot Analysis And... - December 1st, 2020
- The Promise of Using Cell Cultures To Fight SARS-CoV-2 - Technology Networks - December 1st, 2020
- Coronavirus Updates: The Latest Treatments and Vaccines - GovTech - December 1st, 2020
- HCT Deemed More Favorable for MDS That Is High Risk - Cancer Therapy Advisor - December 1st, 2020
- Mini kidneys bioprinted in the lab - Lab + Life Scientist - December 1st, 2020
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis, Overview, Growth, Demand and Forecast Research Report to 2026 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Types, And Applications Forecast To 2026 - Cheshire Media - December 1st, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2026 - The Haitian-Caribbean... - December 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2025 - Cheshire Media - November 29th, 2020
- Mapping out the mystery of blood stem cells - Science Codex - November 26th, 2020
- Scientists Reveal a New Drug That Directs Stem Cells To Desired Sites - Science Times - November 26th, 2020
- Celularity Announces Dosing of First Patient in Phase I Study of Human Placental Hematopoietic Stem Cell-Derived Natural Killer Cells (CYNK-001) in... - November 26th, 2020
- The stem/progenitor landscape is reshaped in a mouse model of essential thrombocythemia and causes excess megakaryocyte production - Science Advances - November 26th, 2020
- Novartis bags Mesoblast's stem cell therapy for ARDS, including in Covid-19, in a deal worth up to $1.2B+ - Endpoints News - November 24th, 2020
- Global Stem Cells Market is estimated to account for US$ 18289.9 Mn by end of 2027, Says Coherent Market Insights (CMI) - Business Wire - November 24th, 2020
- Adherence to Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation to Improve Survival in Myelodysplastic Syndromes - Hematology Advisor - November 24th, 2020
- Anakinra: efficacy in the management of fever during neutropenia and mucositis in autologous stem cell transplantation (AFFECT-2)-study protocol for a... - November 24th, 2020
- Physical activity is associated with less comorbidity, better treatment tolerance and improved response in patients with multiple myeloma undergoing... - November 24th, 2020
- CAR T-cell therapy treatment helps cancer patient beat near impossible odds - ABC News - November 24th, 2020
- Correlation of whole-bone marrow dual-time-point (18)F-FDG, as measured by a CT-based method of PET/CT quantification, with response to treatment in... - November 24th, 2020
- Late Effects of Therapy Plague Many Patients Who Survived AML as Youths, Young Adults - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - November 24th, 2020
- Rescue Therapy with Bendamustine and Other Agents May Result in High Response Rates in Relapsed or Refractory NHL - Curetoday.com - November 24th, 2020
- Genenta to Appoint Stephen Squinto, Experienced Biotech Executive and Investor, as Chairman - BioSpace - November 24th, 2020
- Exploring First-line Therapies in Peripheral T-Cell Lymphomas - Targeted Oncology - November 24th, 2020
- Israeli Scientists Discover Oxygen Beauty Treatment That Can Make You Look 25 Years Younger - All You Need to - India.com - November 24th, 2020
- Novartis licenses phase 3 COVID-19 cell therapy from Mesoblast - FierceBiotech - November 22nd, 2020
- Benefits of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Advanced Myelodysplastic Syndromes - Hematology Advisor - November 22nd, 2020
- YOUR HEALTH: Your body may already have the answer to knee pain - WQAD.com - November 22nd, 2020
- Providing CAR T-Cell Therapy for Patients With DLBCL During COVID-19 - Targeted Oncology - November 22nd, 2020
- BioRestorative Therapies Emerges from Chapter 11 Reorganization - OrthoSpineNews - November 22nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Sales, Opportunities, Analysis and Forecast To 2026 - The Daily... - November 22nd, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Impact of COVID-19 | Size, Share & Latest Trends, Analysis Report by Manufacturers, Application, Type and... - November 22nd, 2020
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 impact of COVID-19 on Industry Size, Share, Global Analysis, Development Status, Regional Trends, Opportunity... - November 22nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market, Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies & Forecast up to 2026 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 22nd, 2020
- gift of life marrow registry announces new center for cell and gene therapy - The Boca Raton Tribune - November 22nd, 2020
- Global Canine Stem Cell Therapy Industry Market Analysis, Key Company Profiles, Types, Applications and Forecast To 2026 - Royal Sutton News - November 22nd, 2020
- Increasing Progenitor Cell Proliferation in the Sub-Ventricular Zone: A Therapeutic Treatment for Progressive Multiple Sclerosis? - DocWire News - November 22nd, 2020
- Glycostem initiates phase I/IIa (pivotal) trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of oNKord in patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) -... - November 22nd, 2020
- Impact Analysis of Covid-19 On Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Continues to Expand to Support Development and Top Players: Magellan, Medipost Co.,... - November 22nd, 2020
- Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market: Rising awareness about rare diseases to drive the market - BioSpace - November 22nd, 2020
- AgeX Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results and Provides Business Update - The Baytown Sun - November 16th, 2020
- Mesenchymal stem cells in the treatment of COVID-19-progress and challenges - DocWire News - November 16th, 2020
- The Animal Stem Cell Therapy market to fill the growth bill in the next decade - The Think Curiouser - November 16th, 2020
- Malaysia Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Size 2020 | Opportunities, Regional Overview, Top Leaders, Revenue and Forecast to 2027 - Eurowire - November 16th, 2020
- Addenbrooke's becomes first regional centre to offer CAR-T cell treatment for cancer patients - Cambridge Network - November 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Industry Size, Trends, Global Growth, Insights And Forecast Research Report 2025 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 16th, 2020
- Mesenchymal stem cells in therapy of coronavirus disease 2019 - a review - DocWire News - November 16th, 2020
- Global cryotherapy market size to reach USD 6.72 billion by 2026 - GlobeNewswire - November 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Future Growth Factors and Opportunities by 2025 - PRnews Leader - November 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Trends, Growth Insight, Share, Competitive Analysis, Statistics, Regional and Global Industry Forecast To 2025 - PRnews... - November 16th, 2020
- BeyondSpring Announces Positive Topline Results from its PROTECTIVE-2 Phase 3 Registrational Trial of Plinabulin in Combination with Pegfilgrastim for... - November 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market To See Massive Growth By 2027| Cryo-Save AG, StemCyte India Therapeutics, SMART CELLS PLUS, Vita 34, LifeCell - PRnews Leader - November 9th, 2020
- It's time for Kentucky to talk to expectant parents about benefits of cord blood banking - Courier Journal - November 9th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 : Analysis of Expansion Strategy on Industry, Growth Factors and Expected CAGR Of Top Leaders, Upcoming... - November 9th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 analysis with Key Players, Applications, Trends and Forecasts by 2028|Esperite, Caladrius Biosciences, Via Cord, CBR... - November 9th, 2020
- Doctors Consider Convalescent T Cell Therapy for COVID-19 - The Scientist - November 7th, 2020
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis, Latest Trends and Regional Growth Forecast by Types and Applications 2020 - TechnoWeekly - November 7th, 2020
- Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market: Industry Trends and Developments 2020-2025 - Zenit News - November 7th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Size, Professional Survey, and Forecast to 2025 - PRnews Leader - November 7th, 2020
- The Adipose Tissue Derived Stem Cells market to grow in the wake of incorporation of the latest technology - The Think Curiouser - November 7th, 2020
- Novel Targeted Drugs are Changing the Treatment of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma - Curetoday.com - November 7th, 2020
- Equillium Announces Positive Interim Data of Itolizumab in the First-line Treatment of Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease - GlobeNewswire - November 7th, 2020
- Orchard Therapeutics Announces New OTL-201 Clinical Data in Sanfilippo Syndrome Type A (MPS-IIIA) Accepted for Oral Presentation at 62nd American... - November 7th, 2020
- bluebird bio to Present Data from Gene and Cell Therapy Programs During the 62nd American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition -... - November 7th, 2020
- Voters approve stem cell research bonds, but other health care measures defeated - State of Reform - State of Reform - November 5th, 2020
- Stem cells key to ALS therapy - Agoura Hills Acorn - November 5th, 2020
- Development and validation of a novel stem cell subtype for bladder cancer based on stem genomic profiling. - UroToday - November 5th, 2020
- New-onset Post-transplant Diabetes and Therapy in Long-term Survivors After Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation - DocWire News - November 5th, 2020
- Emerging Trends in Global Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Report 2020,Deeply Analyzes Share, Types, Applications and Future Demands by Key Players-... - November 5th, 2020
- Dr. Braunschweig on Selecting Between Transplant and CAR T-Cell Therapy in DLBCL - OncLive - November 5th, 2020
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Share Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application to 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 5th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Insights Global Analysis and Forecast by (2020 2027) - The Think Curiouser - November 5th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Consumption Market To Observe Exponential Growth By 2020-2027 | Verified Market Research - Eurowire - November 5th, 2020