The Duchess of York, affectionately known as Fergie by the British public, decided to have pioneering regenerative stem cell therapy to be able to wear heels again. Fergie had to give up on her stilettos for a long time due to the excruciating pain she felt every time she tried to walk in them. And if she forced herself to wear high heels to mark important occasions she had to endure pain throughout the whole day.
Her feet caused Fergie trouble even during Princess Eugenies wedding last October.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, the Duchess of York said her feet were in such pain she felt relieved to be able to sit down in the pew and rest them for a while before Eugenie entered St Georges Chapel.
The source of the pain seemed to be her big toe, and now, thanks to regenerative stem cell therapy the Duchess is no longer in pain every time she opts to wear shows other than flats.
Fergie headed to the Bahamas to undergo stem cell therapy - an alternative to surgery which is yet to be proven fully safe and effective on humans and is therefore not widely available in the UK.
Speaking about her trip, she said: I went to the Bahamas in March to have the treatment.
I think my toes were ruined by all the riding I did when I was young.
They shaved the bone here and implanted stem cells 20 million of them taken from my midriff into my feet to make new cartilage.
It takes about six months to heal but now I can walk in heels!
READ MORE:The touching reason Beatrice will have British wedding
Fergie underwent a series of treatments during the years, including vitamin injections, organic fillers and botox - which she had a long time ago, when there was nothing else available.
Ahead of Eugenies wedding, Fergie underwent laser treatment to look her best.
Fergie attributed her glowing skin on October 12, the day of Princess Eugenies wedding, to her happiness.
But she also revealed she did seek the help of a professional to improve her natural beauty.
She said: The happiness was shining out of me because my daughter was getting married.
I was so glad. I love Jack. When Im passionate about anything, my eyes shine.
Above all, it was being joyful for Eugenie that made me look good.
But Id had some laser treatment on my face which helped, too.
Despite having used several techniques to stave off ageing, Fergie said there is one she is no longer going to have - Botox.
She said: I had Botox a long time ago when there was nothing else available.
I really dont like the frozen look.
Im so animated and I like to be myself.
I dont like the thought of needles and am very glad if I look well and happy.
Fergie also said she has stopped sunbathing after suffering two losses in her life which helped her realise she must take care of her skin just as well as any other organs.
- Allogene Moves Forward With CAR-T Therapy Pipeline - Seeking Alpha - November 12th, 2019
- Texan Spending Fortune, Hours A Day Trying To Live To At Least 120 Years Old: I Am My Asset - CBS Dallas / Fort Worth - November 12th, 2019
- Heart-warming moment OAP meets mum who saved his life with anonymous stem cell donation after three years of - The Sun - November 12th, 2019
- CytoDyn Receives IRB Approval To Proceed With Compassionate Use Of Leronlimab For Patients With Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - GlobeNewswire - November 12th, 2019
- Editas and Celgene sub Juno are tackling hottest immunotherapy cells - Endpoints News - November 12th, 2019
- Promethera Biosciences Presents Updated Clinical Results at AASLD 2019 for World's First Stem Cell Therapy Trial using HepaStem in Acute-on-Chronic... - November 11th, 2019
- Triple-Drug Induction Therapy Yields Sustained Responses in Multiple Myeloma - Hematology Advisor - November 11th, 2019
- Global cell therapy market is expected to grow with a healthy CAGR over the forecast period from 2019-2025 - Yahoo Finance - November 11th, 2019
- Gary Pesselt: Vitality Healthcare is it worth the cost? - The Union of Grass Valley - November 11th, 2019
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness Robust Expansion throughout the Forecast 2017-2023: : Allied Market Research - GuruFocus.com - November 11th, 2019
- Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs) Market 2019 | Industry Size, Trends, Global Growth, Insights and Forecast Research Report 2025 - Business Daily Mirror - November 11th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Market by Treatment,Application,End Users and Geography Forecast To 2026 - Weekly Spy - November 11th, 2019
- Ixazomib Extends Survival in Multiple Myeloma for Patients Not Treated With Stem Cell Transplantation - Pharmacy Times - November 10th, 2019
- Phase III trial of Ninlaro as first-line maintenance therapy meets PFS in multiple myeloma - The Cancer Letter - November 10th, 2019
- Roll Over Yamanaka: Meet The Cell Therapy Company Bypassing iPSCs - Scrip - November 10th, 2019
- Tears And Joy This Toddler with Down Syndrome Who Was Battling Leukemia Is Finally Cancer Free - SurvivorNet - November 10th, 2019
- Tales of medical misinformation and misadventures - Stuff.co.nz - November 10th, 2019
- AgeX Therapeutics to Present at Investing in the Age of Longevity Conference - Business Wire - November 10th, 2019
- 'My shock cancer scare and the anonymous German who saved me' - Birmingham Live - November 10th, 2019
- Laura Beil's New Podcast Bad Batch Sheds Light on the World of Unregulated Stem Cell Treatment - D Magazine - November 6th, 2019
- Sangamo Announces Gene Therapy and Ex Vivo Gene-Edited Cell Therapy Data Presentations at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting - Business... - November 6th, 2019
- bluebird bio to Present New Data from Gene and Cell Therapy Programs at 61st American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Exposition - Financial... - November 6th, 2019
- Three Podcasts to Listen to in November - The New Yorker - November 6th, 2019
- Celularity to Present New Data at the ASH Annual Meeting on Novel Allogeneic, Off the Shelf, Placental Derived CAR T and NK Cell Therapy Programs -... - November 6th, 2019
- 19-28z CAR-T Therapy in Children and Young Adults With Relapsed/Refractory ALL: Promising Early Results - Cancer Therapy Advisor - November 6th, 2019
- Orchard Therapeutics to Present New Registrational Data of Investigational Gene Therapies at the 61st American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting -... - November 6th, 2019
- MD Anderson on a Roll with Another Pharma Deal, This Time with Artios and ShangPharma - BioSpace - November 6th, 2019
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals to Present Preliminary Phase 1 Data of RP-L102 Process B for Fanconi Anemia at the 61st American Society of Hematology Annual... - November 6th, 2019
- Dystrogen Therapeutics Announces That Treatment With Dystrophin Expressing Chimeric (DEC) Cells Improves Cardiac Function in Preclinical Duchenne's... - November 6th, 2019
- Transient Wave of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Production in Late Fetuses and Young Adults - Technology Networks - November 6th, 2019
- Three UCLA scientists receive grants totaling more than $18 million - UCLA Newsroom - November 4th, 2019
- Can This Cell Therapy Help Fight the NASH... - Labiotech.eu - November 4th, 2019
- Interview With Chaim Lebovits, CEO Of Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics - Seeking Alpha - November 4th, 2019
- Galera Therapeutics And Amgen In Severe Oral Mucositis - Seeking Alpha - November 4th, 2019
- The Curious Case Of Enochian Biosciences: Value Out Of Thin Air - Price Target $1 - Seeking Alpha - November 4th, 2019
- Akari Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results And Highlights Recent Clinical Progress - BioSpace - November 4th, 2019
- Stem Cell Banking Market Anticipated to Grow at a Significant Pace by 2028 - Weekly Spy - November 4th, 2019
- Stempeutics to receive US patent for Stempeucel - BSI bureau - November 4th, 2019
- How Stem Cells Can Heal The Body - Version Weekly - November 4th, 2019
- Light-activated pancreatic cells produce insulin on demand - New Atlas - November 4th, 2019
- Future Outlook: Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2019- 2025| Research Methodologies Offers High Business Outlook growth - Pledge Times - November 4th, 2019
- Surgeon banned over 'quack' procedures and 'reckless disregard' for safety - Sydney Morning Herald - November 3rd, 2019
- Five-year-old leukaemia patient Zachary White spots Nessie on dream-come-true Scotland trip - Extra.ie - November 3rd, 2019
- An Expert Discusses PARP Inhibition, Vaccines and Emerging Therapies in Kidney Cancer - Curetoday.com - November 3rd, 2019
- Leukaemia: what is it, how to spot the warning signs and who is at risk? - The Telegraph - November 3rd, 2019
- Restore your crowning glory with recombinant DNA tech - The New Paper - November 3rd, 2019
- Is blood cancer curable at an early stage? - The Indian Awaaz - November 3rd, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy: What's Real and What's Not at California's For-Profit Clinics - UCSF News Services - November 2nd, 2019
- The Science Of Stem Cell Research Hits A Snag With Bad Batch - Forbes - November 2nd, 2019
- Mallinckrodt Announces UVADEX (Methoxsalen) Approved in Australia for use with the THERAKOS CELLEX Photopheresis System for Treatment of Chronic Graft... - November 2nd, 2019
- AIVITA Biomedical to Present at Upcoming Regenerative Medicine, Oncology and Investor Conferences in November - P&T Community - November 2nd, 2019
- Q&A: Draper's Jenna Balestrini on the future of CAR-T - - pharmaphorum - November 2nd, 2019
- Organ donations: What you can do to help save a life - Calgary Herald - November 2nd, 2019
- Six ways cancer is treated - The Standard - November 2nd, 2019
- Stem cell therapy approved for MS patients in Scotland - HeraldScotland - October 29th, 2019
- Battle brews over how tightly to regulate new cancer treatment - Crain's Detroit Business - October 29th, 2019
- Quadruple Therapy for Newly Diagnosed Patients With MM Shows PFS Benefit Over Triple Therapy - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - October 29th, 2019
- Some animals pause their own pregnancies, but how they do it is still a mystery - The Conversation AU - October 29th, 2019
- Tiger Woods wins, Gary McCord and Peter Kostis out at CBS, and Brooks Koepka (knee) to miss more time: What you missed - Golf Digest - October 29th, 2019
- Hormones Control your Health, Mood and Behavior A balanced hormone means happier, healthier life and success in career and relationship. - Magazine of... - October 29th, 2019
- Stem cell registry gets good response - The New Indian Express - October 29th, 2019
- The Stars in Our Brains - Duke Department of Neurology - October 29th, 2019
- Brooks Koepka not in the field at the WGC-HSBC Champions, status of his knee injury remains unclear - Yahoo Sports - October 29th, 2019
- Cynata Therapeutics awarded grant to progress stem cell therapies for coronary artery disease - Proactive Investors Australia - October 29th, 2019
- How Ruthin mum's family tragedy became her driving force to save lives - Daily Post - October 29th, 2019
- Cork father of boy with bone disease hopes his book will inspire others to celebrate difference - Irish Examiner - October 29th, 2019
- What is aplastic anemia? Symptoms, causes, and treatment - Medical News Today - October 25th, 2019
- American Academy of Stem Cell Physicians Announced Today That Their Safety Panel Session is Open and Free to the Public - P&T Community - October 25th, 2019
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals Presents First Evidence of Long-Term Improvement and Stabilization in Blood Counts and Durable Mosaicism in RP-L102 Process A... - October 25th, 2019
- Anthony Harries: In the absence of a true test for latent TB we need shorter, safer preventive treatments - The BMJ - The BMJ - October 25th, 2019
- Quality of Life Is Similar in Older Patients Receiving Intensive vs Nonintensive Chemotherapy - Hematology Advisor - October 25th, 2019
- Speaking Multiple Sclerosis: A Glossary of Common Terms - Everyday Health - October 25th, 2019
- Veterans Day: Flotation Therapy Helping Special Operations Officer - Yahoo Finance - October 25th, 2019
- Dad who called on the public for stem cells for his son is up for an award - Chronicle Live - October 25th, 2019
- In a first, 26-year-old DMD patient in UP survives with stem cell therapy - India TV News - October 25th, 2019
- Progress toward improving detection, monitoring and treatment of metastatic cancers - Brain Tumour Research - October 25th, 2019
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics' President and CEO to be Featured as Keynote Speaker at Cell Series UK 2019 - GlobeNewswire - October 25th, 2019
- Bloomington Vet Joins Study For Stem Cell Therapy To Treat Dogs With Arthritis - WGLT News - October 24th, 2019
- NIH and Gates Foundation lay out ambitious plan to bring gene-based treatments for HIV and sickle cell disease to Africa - Science Magazine - October 24th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Will Achieve 10.2% CAGR to Cross $15bn by 2025: Global Market Insights, Inc. - Herald-Mail Media - October 24th, 2019