Philippine official sues doctors for fake stem cell treatment

Jeannette I. Andrade

Philippine Daily Inquirer

Publication Date : 05-07-2013

At the age of 64, Antonio Villar Jr., chair of the Philippines'Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB), wanted to get rid of the aches and pains that come with aging.

So when he was told about a stem cell procedure, he agreed to the treatment, for which he paid 16,000 euros (US$20,600), in the hope that it would rejuvenate him and make him live longer.

Instead, he felt weaker and feared the procedure even put his life at risk.

Alleging that he was duped into what he now described as a bogus stem cell treatment at a posh hotel in Mandaluyong City in Metro Manila, Villar had asked the police to investigate the group, composed mostly of foreigners, whom he blamed for his failing health.

On Thursday, Villar sent his lawyer, Claire Pagayanan, to a news forum to announce that he was considering filing charges against a German, three Thais and their Filipino agent for the fake stem cell procedure he went through on June 9 last year.

Pagayanan said that after the treatment, Villars prostate gland expanded and he had to undergo radiation therapy.

Go here to read the rest:
Philippine official sues doctors for fake stem cell treatment

Related Post