Pain doesnt discriminate. It doesnt care about your age, religion, sex or race. And the cause of pain can vary from a sporting injury to a car accident to degeneration over time. Regardless of the cause, there are various treatment options determined by the location of your pain and severity of the condition.
Most people have heard of the term, Arthritis. There are more than 100 different types of Arthritis or Arthritis related conditions. Regardless of the type, Arthritis affects the spine or major joints in the body.
The most common signs of Arthritis are pain, edema, stiffness and decreased range of motion. Arthritis is usually categorized as mild, moderate, or severe and will progress over time.
One of the many treatments available is stem cell injections. Stem cells can be injected directly into the arthritic joint to repair damage. Theyre able to divide and duplicate themselves, or develop into different cells if needed.
Many Medicare beneficiaries experience chronic pain due to arthritis and are in need of this type of treatment. Its important to know what Medicare coverage for stem cell treatments are included in your benefits.
Stem cells are formed at birth. The uniqueness of Stem Cells are that they can change into other types of cells found throughout the body. These cells can then regenerate and help the other cells that are vital to producing organs, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, joints and skin.
Stem cell injections are a great alternative to surgical intervention. Due to todays technology, we are able to extract stem cells from the body and then reuse them for pain relief.
This benefits the injured joint(s) and surrounding tissues as it enhances the natural repair of the affected area.
Minimally invasive procedures are always the route to go when facing pain whether from an injury or from degeneration.
The most common stem cells used for arthritis is mesenchymal stem cells. These types of cells are extracted from the patients fatty tissue, bone marrow or blood.
Bone marrow is mostly extracted from the pelvic bone after given a local anesthetic. The process of collecting cells is called harvesting.
Stem cell treatment is recognized not only across the world, but also in the United States. Unfortunately, the FDA has not yet approved the treatments for interventional pain management.
Being that the pain aspect of stem cell injections are something thats fairly new, without FDA approval insurance wont cover these procedures. Stem Cell treatments will be considered all out of pocket and can be quite costly.
Thats not to say that stem cell injections wont eventually be recognized by the FDA as they do recognize stem cell treatment for some other medical conditions. Once approved it will then ignite insurance coverage.
And Medicare is always updating whats covered and not covered. Your best bet is to contact Medicare directly to see what treatment options will be covered.
Remember, Medicare only pays for 80% of your medical treatment. This leaves you with the remaining 20% to pay for along with co-pays, deductibles and coinsurance. Most interventional l treatments can be costly.
If Medicare does cover it, youll want help paying the remaining out of pocket costs. A Medicare Supplement plan will do just that. These plans are very affordable, you can compare rates in your area online here.
There are multiple treatment options for those suffering from Arthritis pain including:
- Synthetic presentation of noncanonical Wnt5a motif promotes mechanosensing-dependent differentiation of stem cells and regeneration - Science Advances - October 17th, 2019
- The Prognostic Importance of EVI1 Expression - Cancer Network - October 17th, 2019
- Global Longevity & Anti-Senescence Therapy Market Review 2017-2018 and Forecast to 2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - October 17th, 2019
- ROOT OF SKIN Skincare Products Sell Out in Tenth Consecutive Appearance on QVC Japan - Associated Press - October 17th, 2019
- The global T-cell therapy market size is expected to reach USD 7.51 billion, expanding at a CAGR of 15.4% by 2026 - Yahoo Finance - October 17th, 2019
- Sarah Ferguson opens up about years of plastic surgery from Botox to fillers to stem cell therapy - Evening Standard - October 17th, 2019
- Targeting CCR5 trafficking to inhibit HIV-1 infection - Science Advances - October 17th, 2019
- The Afterlife of Afterbirth - MedPage Today - October 15th, 2019
- Benefit of CD19-Targeted CAR-T Therapy in Patients With Transformed Waldenstrm Macroglobulinemia - Cancer Therapy Advisor - October 15th, 2019
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals Announces Upcoming Presentations at the European Society of Gene and Cell Therapy Annual Congress - Business Wire - October 15th, 2019
- Equine Medical Research Funding Receives USEA Board of Governors - United States Eventing Association - October 15th, 2019
- ROOT OF SKIN Skincare Products Sell Out in Tenth Consecutive Appearance on QVC Japan - PRNewswire - October 15th, 2019
- Joy as funding rises for Moscow treatment trip - Northern Times - October 15th, 2019
- Sarah Ferguson reveals highlight of my life as she celebrates 60th birthday - Express - October 15th, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Is Segmented On The Basis Of Product, Technology And End User 2026 - Statsflash - October 15th, 2019
- Second annual Regenerative Medicine summit proves big win for The Bahamas - EyeWitness News - October 15th, 2019
- UK biotech startup Mogrify injects $16M to get novel cell therapies to market soon - TechCrunch - October 15th, 2019
- Ridgefield woman, her mother write book about battle with MS - The Columbian - October 15th, 2019
- How the bodys cells can prevent the need for surgery - ABC 4 - October 15th, 2019
- ReNeuron cell-based treatment hailed by leading non-profit group funding research into treatments for retinal degenerative diseases - Proactive... - October 15th, 2019
- Gay Couple Adopt HIV-Positive Child After She Was Rejected By Ten Other Families - UNILAD - October 15th, 2019
- Coming Unstuck and Reaching Beyond Ourselves - ALS News Today - October 13th, 2019
- Cody Garbrandt looking at a March start for road back to the top - MMA Mania - October 13th, 2019
- Exclusive Growth Report on Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2019 Increasing Demand with Leading Key Players: J-ARM,U.S. Stem Cell,Celavet Inc. - Pledge... - October 13th, 2019
- Sarah Ferguson gets candid on using Botox, laser facelifts and stem cell therapy for her feet - Fox News - October 12th, 2019
- Drexel on the Road: Stem cell study for osteoarthritis - WKRG News 5 - October 12th, 2019
- Sarah Ferguson was in pain during Eugenies wedding - and needed treatment to recover - Express - October 12th, 2019
- Jazz plays itself into cell therapy - Vantage - October 12th, 2019
- Gnaw on the Remake of David Cronenberg's 'Rabid' This December [Trailer] - Bloody Disgusting - October 12th, 2019
- Advanced Research Report on Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2019 Potentially Growing Significant Business Opportunities with top companies U.S. Stem... - October 12th, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2019: Prosperous Growth, Recent Trends and Demand by Top Key Vendors like Osiris Therapeutics, MEDIPOST Co., Anterogen Co.,... - October 12th, 2019
- BEYOND LOCAL: Expert recommends 'path of cautious optimism' about the future of stem cell treatment - TimminsToday - October 10th, 2019
- Golf: Brooks Koepka healthy again after stem cell treatment but game rusty - The Straits Times - October 10th, 2019
- New Viral Vector for Sickle Cell Gene Therapy Likely to Be More Effective, NIH Study Says - Sickle Cell Anemia News - October 10th, 2019
- R3 Stem Cell Announces Addition of World Renowned Exosome Expert Dr. Ian White to Training Course - Yahoo Finance - October 10th, 2019
- Novartis completes certification of initial sites in Quebec for first approved Canadian CAR-T therapy, Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel)(i) - Canada NewsWire - October 10th, 2019
- Novo Nordisk and bluebird bio Enter 3-Year Gene Therapy Collaboration Pact - BioSpace - October 10th, 2019
- Preclinical Data Indicating Allocetra-OTS As Potential Therapy For Prevention Of Organ Failure And Mortality Associated with Severe Sepsis Selected... - October 10th, 2019
- Caroline Wyatt: The fight to reverse damage caused by MS - BBC News - October 10th, 2019
- AVROBIO Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase 1/2 Trial of Gene Therapy for Cystinosis - Business Wire - October 10th, 2019
- We believe we can stop MS, and this is how - Metro.co.uk - October 10th, 2019
- Brooks Koepka had stem cell treatment on knee during offseason - ESPN - October 4th, 2019
- Early clinical trial for ALS sufferers shows biotech firm 'on the right track' - The Times of Israel - October 4th, 2019
- "I have talked about this treatment for so long... I finally gave in and set up the GoFundMe page. It killed me to have to do it." - Echo... - October 4th, 2019
- Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market Industry Analysis and Forecast (2018-2026) - Markets Gazette - October 4th, 2019
- Brooks Koepka Reveals He Had Stem Cell Treatment on Knee Injury in PGA Offseason - Bleacher Report - October 3rd, 2019
- Michael Schumacher health latest: What is stem cell therapy and how will it help Schumi? - Express.co.uk - October 3rd, 2019
- Exploring the Latest in CRISPR and Stem Cell Research - Technology Networks - October 3rd, 2019
- AIVITA Biomedical Announces Publication Concerning a Predictive Biomarker for Melanoma Patients Treated with the Company's Platform Immunotherapy -... - October 3rd, 2019
- Improved Gene Therapy in Sickle Cell Disease - Technology Networks - October 3rd, 2019
- Biochemistry Graduate is the Researcher's Researcher at Advanced BioCatalytics - AroundtheO - October 3rd, 2019
- Pike families to enter part of mine day before widow's cancer treatment begins - Stuff.co.nz - October 3rd, 2019
- Adcetris May Be Effective in Heavily Pre-Treated Hodgkin's Cases, Study Shows - Lymphoma News Today - October 3rd, 2019
- Warwick mum's fundraising ball to help fund 50000 treatment to fight the progression of MS - Warwick Courier - October 3rd, 2019
- Bone marrow donor registry pleas for more diversity to help save people with cancer - ABC News - October 3rd, 2019
- I hope treatment will stop Multiple Sclerosis in its tracks - Echo Live - October 3rd, 2019
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Synthesis and Opportunity Assessment 2019-2024 - Markets Gazette - October 3rd, 2019
- R3 Stem Cell Launches Master Class Series on Stem Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine - PRNewswire - October 1st, 2019
- ElevateBio Launches HighPassBio to Advance Novel Targeted T Cell Immunotherapies with Technology from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center -... - October 1st, 2019
- Michael Schumachers surgeon denies hes performing experiments on F1 legend with stem cell treatment and sl - The Sun - October 1st, 2019
- Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy Pioneer, Celavie Biosciences, LLC, to Attend Cell & Gene Meeting on the Mesa on October 2 4 in Carlsbad,... - October 1st, 2019
- Positive Study Results of Phase IIa Clinical Trial Using Intravenous Administration of Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Ischemic Stroke Published in... - October 1st, 2019
- The Shocking Culture of Nurses and the Treatment of Patients with Sickle Cell - Nurse.org - October 1st, 2019
- CBMG: Initiating Coverage of Cellular Biomedicine Group; Multiple Cell-Based Therapies to Treat Cancer and Degenerative Diseases - Zacks Small Cap... - October 1st, 2019
- Brestoff, Theunissen recognized by NIH for innovative research - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - October 1st, 2019
- Major Talent Acquisition Takes Montreal-Based Morphocell Technologies to the Next Level - BioSpace - October 1st, 2019
- Lineage Cell Therapeutics to Present New OpRegen Data at American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting on October 14, 2019 - Business Wire - October 1st, 2019
- Platelet BioGenesis Receives $56 Million Contract from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to Develop Human Stem... - October 1st, 2019
- VetStem Biopharma Shares the Success Story of Cheyenne Who Was Treated with VetStem Cell Therapy by Dr. Scott Reiners - PR Web - October 1st, 2019
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad and Advancells Announce Industry-Academia, Noida - Business Wire India - October 1st, 2019
- Man whose MS was diagnosed as anxiety becomes first to have stem cell treatment for it in Newcastle - Chronicle Live - September 30th, 2019
- Stem cells used to treat life-threatening illnesses - Gulf News - September 30th, 2019
- AI Pinpoints Genes Associated With Heart Failure - Forbes - September 30th, 2019
- Patients' avatars being used to test cystic fibrosis drugs - UNSW Newsroom - September 30th, 2019
- The Bright Future of Stem Cell Therapy: Part 2 - Sahuarita Sun - September 30th, 2019
- Droitwich schools urged to hold 'Oscar Day' to help five-year-old's cancer battle - Droitwich Standard - September 30th, 2019
- Minnesota builds expertise in coaxing the body to heal itself - Star Tribune - September 28th, 2019
- Health Repair Damaged or Diseased Tissue with Stem Cell Injections 10:38 AM, Sep 28, 2019 - WXYZ - September 28th, 2019
- The Bright Future of Stem Cell Therapy: Part 2 - Green Valley News - September 28th, 2019
- Friday Frontline: Cancer Updates, Research and Education on September 27, 2019 - Curetoday.com - September 28th, 2019