A BUCKLEY family has thanked the community for their support as they continue to search for life-saving treatment.
Matt Davies, from Buckley, beat cancer last year but now has 12 months to live without a stem cell transplant.
The Leader previously reported that wife Sarah was urging people to register to be a stem cell donor, which is a small process that can save the lives of many.
In just three weeks, over 1,000 people signed up through Sarahs link to be on the register.
She was also told that just under 6,500 people had signed up in total within the space of the three weeks.
She told the Leader: We havent heard anything about a donor for Matt, we are still waiting. We have an appointment on Monday, so fingers crossed they give us an update.
I was really shocked when I saw the response. Its obviously something we are plugging every day because its so serious, but we didnt think wed get anywhere near that amount.
I didnt even think there would be one thousand. Its really, really good and the response on social media with people sending in messages of support has been great.
People are seeing our story published and its really nice they are reaching out and showing support, even people we dont know. Its not a nice situation to be in.
Matt was diagnosed with cancer last year and beat it, however less than eight months later after having his routine bone marrow results he was told the leukaemia was back and his only option was a stem cell transplant.
Without it, he would not be here in the next 12 months.
Sarah added: It doesnt go unnoticed. I know its not a big deal swabbing your mouth, but it is in the end, you could end up saving someones life.
I do thank everyone and hope we have a positive outcome from it all.
So far we havent had a match but thats why we keep going. We arent going to stop.
Over 800 was also recently raised at a charity event which included cake sales and a raffle. All proceeds were donated to the Christie in Manchester where Matt is receiving his treatment.
Sarah said they have not told their young children that the bug is back but it is likely Matt will spend Christmas in the Christie in Manchester.
She said: The whole community has come together to support us, even people we dont know and we really do appreciate it.
Its quite scary. You read these things but never think its going to be you or someone you know. You never think it would affect you but it can.
Everyone has been amazing. Those who havent already, please just register. It can take seconds and you may not ever be called but if you are, you can save someones life by swabbing your mouth and giving blood.
Those wishing to see if they are eligible to be a stem cell donor can do so online at http://www.dkms.org.uk.
Matts journey can also be followed via Facebook and Instagram page team_davies_.
- Pain treatment using human stem cells a success - News - The University of Sydney - January 24th, 2020
- PRP/Stem Cell Treatment Has Both Functional and Cosmetic Benefits - Haute Living - January 24th, 2020
- Daily briefing: First evidence of how stress turns hair grey - Nature.com - January 24th, 2020
- Gene Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease Receives Orphan Drug Designation - Monthly Prescribing Reference - January 24th, 2020
- High-Definition View of Diabetes-Related Proteins Obtained, Opening the Door to Future Treatments - SciTechDaily - January 24th, 2020
- Cynata Therapeutics to talk stem cell therapies at Proactive"s CEO Sessions - Proactive Investors Australia - January 24th, 2020
- Ncardia and BlueRock Therapeutics Announce Collaboration Agreement and Licensing of Process Development Technologies for the Manufacture of... - January 22nd, 2020
- Stem cell treatment off the table - Zululand Observer - January 22nd, 2020
- UK biotech PhoreMost to work with Otsuka on gene therapy projects - - pharmaphorum - January 22nd, 2020
- J&J wins another label expansion for Darzalex in Europe - PMLiVE - January 22nd, 2020
- Mayo woman raising funds for niece, 4, who is losing her sight from three different eye conditions - Extra.ie - January 22nd, 2020
- Global Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) and Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs) Market Predicted to Grow by 2028 with Competitive Situation and Business... - January 22nd, 2020
- Michael Schumacher health update: Neurosurgeon claims F1 legend 'nothing like we remember' - Express.co.uk - January 22nd, 2020
- Bone Therapeutics announces 2020 business outlook and reports year-end 2019 cash position - GlobeNewswire - January 22nd, 2020
- Science Talk - Tell me more about telomeres: how 'basic' science can help us treat cancer - The Institute of Cancer Research - January 22nd, 2020
- The Clinical Trial that MS Patients Have Been Waiting For - Multiple Sclerosis News Today - January 19th, 2020
- Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market Industry Analysis And Forecast (2018-2026) Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News - January 19th, 2020
- Libby Clegg health: Dancing On Ice star is registered blind - what is her condition? - Express - January 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market is Anticipated to Attain a Market Value of US$XX by the End of 2017 2025 - Fusion Science Academy - January 19th, 2020
- Zika Virus' Key into Brain Cells ID'd, Leveraged to Block Infection and Kill Cancer Cells - UC San Diego Health - January 17th, 2020
- Koepka Tied for 3rd in Abu Dhabi in Return From Knee Injury - The New York Times - January 17th, 2020
- Giraffe Will Go Through Risky Procedure At Cheyenne Mountain Zoo To Treat Ongoing Health Issues - CBS Denver - January 17th, 2020
- Novel form of cell-free therapy revealed by researchers - Drug Target Review - January 17th, 2020
- Choosing the Best Therapy for Patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia - Curetoday.com - January 17th, 2020
- Astellas, Adaptimmune to develop CAR-T & TCR T-cell therapies - BSA bureau - January 17th, 2020
- Melton parents of seriously ill little girl appeal for help to treat her - Melton Times - January 17th, 2020
- Study: Mutations in stem cells of young donors can be passed to recipients - STAT - January 15th, 2020
- Landmark Results for CaverStem Procedure Published in Journal of Translational Medicine to Create Paradigm Shift in Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction... - January 15th, 2020
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals Announces Iomab-ACT Program Gene Therapy Collaboration with UC Davis in Ongoing Clinical Trial for Patients with HIV-Related... - January 15th, 2020
- Bluebird Bio taps ex-Celgene exec Heffron to lead its first gene therapy launch - FiercePharma - January 15th, 2020
- Celgene exec jumps to head bluebird bio ops in Europe, where its $1.8M gene therapy Zynteglo is now available - Endpoints News - January 15th, 2020
- Hemogenyx's CAR-T Cells are Effective Against AML in vitro - GuruFocus.com - January 15th, 2020
- Tolero Pharmaceuticals Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase 2 Zella 202 Study of Investigational Agent Alvocidib in Patients with Relapsed or... - January 15th, 2020
- How Exosomes Could Lead To Stroke Recovery - Technology Networks - January 15th, 2020
- Koepka Ready to Get Back to Work After Nearly 3 Months Off - The New York Times - January 14th, 2020
- Astellas teams with Adaptimmune to create CAR-T, TCR therapies - FierceBiotech - January 14th, 2020
- FROM THE LABS: There is a new player in adult bone healing - Baylor College of Medicine News - January 14th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Market Is Projected to Grow at a CAGR of 11.9% During the Forecast Period - Press Release - Digital Journal - January 14th, 2020
- Allogeneic Stem Cells Market Expected to Grow with a CAGR of 12% Due to New Product Approvals, 2020-2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - January 14th, 2020
- Stemline Therapeutics Announces Preliminary 2019 Net Revenues for ELZONRIS (tagraxofusp) and Highlights Commercial and Clinical Growth Drivers -... - January 14th, 2020
- Stem cell agency indirectly boosted by national industry group - Capitol Weekly - January 13th, 2020
- Muscular dystrophy collaboration aims to correct muscle stem cells' DNA - Harvard Office of Technology Development - January 13th, 2020
- AstroRx Increased Ability to Perform Daily Functions in ALS Patients - ALS News Today - January 13th, 2020
- Fate Therapeutics Announces Expansion of FT516 Clinical Investigation and Publication of Preclinical Data in the Journal Blood - Yahoo Finance - January 13th, 2020
- Police Arrest 3 in Illegal Stem Cell Therapy Allegations - Tempo.co English - January 13th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Competitive Analysis 2019-2027 - News ZMR - January 13th, 2020
- Editas Medicine and Sandhill Therapeutics, Inc. Announce Collaboration to Develop Engineered Cell Medicines to Treat Cancer | More News | News... - January 13th, 2020
- First ever progressive MS treatment approved for use by NHS in Scotland - The Scotsman - January 13th, 2020
- Stemline Therapeutics Announces Preliminary 2019 Net Revenues for ELZONRIS (tagraxofusp) and Highlights Commercial and Clinical Growth Drivers - Yahoo... - January 13th, 2020
- The potential use of CRISPR to treat disease is gaining momentum - BioNews - January 13th, 2020
- At 16, Shes a Pioneer in the Fight to Cure Sickle Cell Disease - The New York Times - January 12th, 2020
- At 16, shes a pioneer in the fight to cure sickle cell disease at Boston Childrens - Boston.com - January 12th, 2020
- What is Mantle Cell Lymphoma and How Is It Treated? - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - January 12th, 2020
- Doug Richards remembered - faribaultcountyregister.com | News, Sports, Information on the Blue Earth region - Faribault County Register - January 12th, 2020
- Kadimastem Finishes Treating Second Group of ALS Patients with AstroRx in Phase 1/2a Trial - ALS News Today - January 11th, 2020
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Expansion of Series A Financing, Bringing Total Corporate Fundraising to More than $50 Million - Business Wire - January 11th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapies Overview Report 2019: The Highs & Lows, Off-The-Shelf Solutions, New Technologies, and Safety, Efficacy & Logistical... - January 11th, 2020
- Q&A: Cancer Death Rates Are Falling Nationally. Here's What's Happening at UVA - University of Virginia - January 11th, 2020
- SVC112 molecule reduces effects of cancer stem cells with little toxicity - Drug Target Review - January 11th, 2020
- Helius Medical Technologies Awarded Pioneer Technology Development AwardBrain Mapping Foundation and Society for Brain Mapping Therapeutics name the... - January 11th, 2020
- ANP Technologies, in Partnership with Fulgent Pharma, Teams with Moffitt Cancer Center to Develop a New Class of Leukemia Therapies - Business Wire - January 11th, 2020
- Orgenesis adds UC Davis to its point-of-care network for developing cell, gene therapy products - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - January 11th, 2020
- Barry reveals the truth about Fiona on Fair City - RTE.ie - January 11th, 2020
- What will be the biggest scientific breakthrough of 2020? - Stuff.co.nz - January 11th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 by Company, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - BulletintheNews - January 11th, 2020
- Promethera Announces Initiation of Phase 2b DHELIVER Study of HepaStem in Patients with Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF) - Business Wire - January 9th, 2020
- Avacta and Daewoong Pharmaceutical Form Immunotherapy Focused Joint Venture - Technology Networks - January 9th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Size is anticipated to grow at a strong CAGR by 2025 - Technology Magazine - January 9th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market by Treatment,Application,End Users and Geography Forecast To 2026 - ReportsPioneer - January 9th, 2020
- Global Gene Therapy Market is Expected to Reach US$ 5,609.9 Million by 2027, Growing at an Estimated CAGR of 8.2% Over the Forecast Period as... - January 9th, 2020
- CohBar Discovers Novel Peptide Inhibitors of CXCR4, a Key Regulator of Tumor Growth and Metastasis - Associated Press - January 9th, 2020
- Innovative Cellular Therapeutics Appoints Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Expert Christopher Ballas, Ph.D., as SVP of Manufacturing - Yahoo... - January 9th, 2020
- Kevin Nash on How His Health Is After Knee Replacement & Stem Cell Therapy, Why He Retired - LordsofPain.net - January 9th, 2020
- Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market 2019 Globally Expected to Drive Growth through 2024 - ReportsPioneer - January 9th, 2020
- Bone Therapeutics announces attendance at the 38th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference - GlobeNewswire - January 9th, 2020
- Innovative Cellular Therapeutics Appoints Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Expert Christopher Ballas, Ph.D., as SVP of Manufacturing - BioSpace - January 7th, 2020
- Gracell Initiates Investigational Study of the Technological Breakthrough TruUCAR Therapy for Relapsed or Refractory T-cell Malignancies - PRNewswire - January 7th, 2020
- Patrick Reed's latest controversy and the other things in golf that matter right now - ESPN - January 7th, 2020
- Diomics Corporation and University of California, Irvine Collaborate to Enable Cell Therapy Clinical Trial for Type 1 Diabetes - GlobeNewswire - January 7th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Research Explores The Key Success Factors, And Business Opportunities Including Key... - January 7th, 2020