The roaring 20s are upon us, and the investment opportunities set in front of us are exhilarating. This new decade has a lot in store for us with tech as the driving force behind it.
FAANG was the acronym that drove the stock market to continuously new highs over the past decade: Facebook (FB), Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL), Netflix (NFLX), and Google aka Alphabet (GOOGL). This is an acronym that I am sure you are familiar with. These stocks exponential returns may be exhausted, and a new set of equities are ready to take their place. It is time to look for the new FAANG.
When assessing market-shifting companies, you need to look for firms with an exciting product offering characterized by longevity and a substantial total addressable market (TAM). Firms with savvy management teams that are able to navigate through both the best and worst times nimbly.
I have chosen a new acronym of stocks that I believe could change the world in the roaring 20s. The companies include Crispr (CRSP), Sea Limited (SE), Alibaba (BABA), Nvidia (NVDA), and Splunk (SPLK) or SCANS, as I like to call it.
Here I will give a brief introduction of each stock and explain why I believe these shares will drive the market in this new decade.
Sea Limited (SE)
Sea is the leading internet company in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. These economies are digitalizing at an exponential rate, and Sea is well-positioned to take on the quickly expanding addressable market. The company operates three market leader segments, including an ecommerce platform, a digital entertainment division, and a digital payment company (Shopee, Garena, and AirPay, respectively).
The internet economy in Southeast Asia has tripled in the past 5 years to $100 billion and is expected to triple again by 2025 to $300 billion. Sea is growing at an even faster rate, with year-over-year topline appreciation in the high triple-digit percentages as the company continues to take an increasing amount of market share.
Sea Limited is going to be the tech powerhouse that helps turn the third world economies of Southeast Asia and Taiwan into digitalized world markets.
CRISPR is a biomedical firm that is on the verge of changing the world. This company can edit an individuals DNA, an achievement that is going to change modern medicine. This technology could be used to cure almost any disease if it is successfully implemented. What CRISPRs gene therapy does is splice out the bad or disease driving DNA and add healthy strands. The company is also a leader in regenerative stem-cell medicine, which could save the lives of 100s of thousands.
CRISPR has an established portfolio of life-changing therapies in its pipeline at various stages of development. Hemoglobinopathy is the closest to commercially viable and is currently in clinical trials. If it passes clinical trials, I see this stock jumping substantially.
These shares are still a risky asset considering the possibility that none of its gene-therapies make it past the clinical stage. Based on early trials, it appears that the therapy does indeed work, and this potential has begun to be priced into CRSP. The stock has appreciated 350% since it went public in late 2016, and I believe that this is just the beginning of its growth. The ability to change an individuals DNA is going to change the world of medicine.
The Amazonof the East has been driving substantial growth, but I dont believe that investors are correctly valuing Alibabas fundamentals. BABA is trading at roughly 1/3rd of Amazons forward P/E valuation (seen below), despite achieving wider margins, stronger profitable, and a greater growth outlook. Alibaba is operating in one of the worlds largest and fastest-growing consumer markets (China).
Alibaba controls not only Chinas ecommerce market but also its cloud computing space with a 47% market share. Its cloud computing space has the most room to run as Chinas cloud infrastructure continues to expand at an exponential rate high double-digit to triple-digit percentages.
Alibaba still has some geopolitical risk due to the US-China trade war, but as far as this next decades biggest equity drivers, I would replace AZMN with BABA in my portfolio.
This is the most exciting chip maker in the world today. Nvidia is known for the invention of the GPU, which is a chip original purposed for image rendering, but Nvidia has taken its capabilities far beyond this. Nvidias chips are hyper-fast and slowly becoming smarter as the technology develops. Its chips are becoming a necessity in data centers and are an essential element of AI development. I believe that one of Nvidias integrated circuits will be apart of the first true AI, which is going to change the world.
Nvidia is also leveraging 5G with its anticipated cloud gaming platform. Like cloud computing is the future of business data and analytics, cloud gaming is the future of gaming. Nvidia is making a big bet in this field with its cloud platform, GeForce NOW. This platform allows gamers to use their Macs or PCs for gaming anywhere with the high-speed, low-latency technology of Nvidias GPUs without needing Nvidias hardware locally.
Nvidia is undoubtedly a company of the future, and despite its 4-digit gains over the past decade, I believe that this stock still has legs to run. I dont think that the company has scratched the surface of what its chips could do.
Splunk is a platform that helps companies utilize real-time machine data for collection, indexing, and alerts, allowing companies to uncover actionable insight from this data no matter the source or format. The company is leveraging AI and machining learning for forecasting and anticipative decision making.
Real-time data management is becoming increasingly necessary in business across industries as this digital age makes speed a competitive advantage. Splunk is well-positioned to take on the massive addressable market that is yet to recruit Splunks services. This firm is well-suited to transform the way our economy utilizes real-time data.
The market driving stocks will undoubtedly make excellent long-term investments for the roaring 20s. SCANS will be a force to be reckoned with in this next decade. Short term volatility in these stocks shouldnt cause you to shy away from their long-term potential. I believe we may be on the edge of a market correction, so if you are worried about short-term earnings, I may wait for a pullback. If you are a long-term investor that is willing to ride this decades waves, I wouldnt hesitate to pull the trigger on these stocks.
Breakout Biotech Stocks with Triple-Digit Profit Potential
The biotech sector is projected to surge beyond $775 billion by 2024 as scientists develop treatments for thousands of diseases. Theyre also finding ways to edit the human genome to literally erase our vulnerability to these diseases.
Zacks has just released Century of Biology: 7 Biotech Stocks to Buy Right Now to help investors profit from 7 stocks poised for outperformance. Our recent biotech recommendations have produced gains of +98%, +119% and +164% in as little as 1 month. The stocks in this report could perform even better.
See these 7 breakthrough stocks now>>
Click to get this free report Splunk Inc. (SPLK) : Free Stock Analysis Report Sea Limited Sponsored ADR (SE) : Free Stock Analysis Report NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) : Free Stock Analysis Report Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) : Free Stock Analysis Report Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) : Free Stock Analysis Report Facebook, Inc. (FB) : Free Stock Analysis Report CRISPR Therapeutics AG (CRSP) : Free Stock Analysis Report Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA) : Free Stock Analysis Report Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) : Free Stock Analysis Report Apple Inc. (AAPL) : Free Stock Analysis Report To read this article on Zacks.com click here. Zacks Investment Research
Read the original post:
SNACS: The FAANG Of The Roaring 20s - Yahoo Finance
- New Stem Cell Approach Through Using Wavelength Laser Might have Discovered Why Humans Lose Hair - Tech Times - October 5th, 2021
- Stem cells and their role in lung transplant rejection - Michigan Medicine - October 5th, 2021
- Pharmaxis Cleared To Progress To Phase 2 Bone Marrow Cancer Trial - KMVT - October 5th, 2021
- StemExpress Partners with the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine to Provide COVID-19 Testing for the Cell and Gene Meeting on the Mesa - WIBW - October 5th, 2021
- Diabetic patient receives stem cell therapy - The Hindu - August 18th, 2021
- COVID- 19 Third Dose Approved for Certain Immunocompromised Individuals - the City of Cambridge - August 18th, 2021
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia Treatment: What You Need to Know - Healthline - August 18th, 2021
- 3D Bioprinting Market Size to Reach USD 2,687.8 Million in 2027 | Increasing Use of 3D Bioprinters in Medical Procedures, Training and Testing Along... - August 18th, 2021
- Some Residents Should Consider Third COVID-19 Vaccine Dose - Wyoming Department of Health - August 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Size, Demand, Growth, Trends, Segmentation and Forecasts to 2028 - The Market Writeuo - The Market Writeuo - August 18th, 2021
- Head-To-Head Phase 3 Trial To Evaluate BTK Inhibitors in MCL - Targeted Oncology - August 18th, 2021
- Safety of Stem Cell Therapy for Chronic Knee Pain Confirmed in New Study - SciTechDaily - August 5th, 2021
- Asia-Pacific Cell Therapy Market8 - Opportunities in the Approval of Kymriah and Yescarta - Markets Insider - August 5th, 2021
- Background should not be a barrier to access stem cell transplant treatment and care - PoliticsHome - August 5th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Announces Treatment of First Patient in Landmark Phase 1 Clinical Trial of FT819, the First-ever iPSC-derived CAR T-Cell Therapy |... - August 5th, 2021
- Gliomagenesis is orchestrated by the Oct3/4 regulatory network. - Physician's Weekly - August 5th, 2021
- Improving the Treatment Gap in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma - Targeted Oncology - August 5th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Highlights Operational Progress - StreetInsider.com - August 5th, 2021
- MUHS, Nashik to conduct fellowship course in regenerative medicine - BSI bureau - August 5th, 2021
- FDA Hands Out Surprising Rejection of Meduxus and Medac's Treosulfan - BioSpace - August 5th, 2021
- Dr. Flowers on Efforts to Improve Frontline Treatment in DLBCL - OncLive - August 5th, 2021
- Future Directions in the Treatment of Polycythemia Vera - OncLive - August 5th, 2021
- FDA Grants Priority Review to Genentech's Tecentriq as Adjuvant Treatment for Certain People With Early Non-small Cell Lung Cancer - Business Wire - August 5th, 2021
- Cellino Appoints Industry Pioneer Robert J. Palay to the Board - Business Wire - August 5th, 2021
- Tachyon and AbCellera Collaborate to Develop Novel Antibody Therapeutic Targeting TGF- Superfamily Member for the Treatment of Cancer - Yahoo Finance - August 5th, 2021
- Stemming the tide of stem-cell treatment scams - Houston Chronicle - July 22nd, 2021
- FDA gives speedy review to Bayer's Parkinson's stem cell therapy - - pharmaphorum - July 22nd, 2021
- John Theurer Cancer Center Investigators Participated in ZUMA-7 Study Showing Value of CAR T-Cell Therapy as Second-Line Treatment for Relapsed Large... - July 22nd, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces MyeloCelz The Company's Second Regenerative Immunotherapy Product - PRNewswire - July 22nd, 2021
- Kadimastem Patent for cell selection of beta cells to Treat and Potentially Cure Diabetes was Granted in Japan - Yahoo Eurosport UK - July 22nd, 2021
- Bluebird, with little fanfare, is first to bring a second gene therapy to market - BioPharma Dive - July 22nd, 2021
- BlueRock Therapeutics Receives FDA Fast Track Designation for DA01 in the Treatment of Advanced Parkinson's Disease - Yahoo Finance - July 22nd, 2021
- ViaCyte Appoints Dr. Jon Wilensky as Head of Surgery - PRNewswire - July 22nd, 2021
- Emerging Quadruplets, Novel Targets, and Immunotherapy Advances Personalized Medicine in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - July 22nd, 2021
- Beyond CAR-T: New Frontiers in Living Cell Therapies - UCSF News Services - July 7th, 2021
- Sleeper cells, cells of origin and hematopoietic stem cells - Brain Tumour Research - July 7th, 2021
- Marker Therapeutics Announces Completion of Safety Lead-In Portion of Phase 2 Study in Post-Transplant AML - PRNewswire - July 7th, 2021
- Researchers investigate whether stem cell therapy is safe and effective for treatment-resistant bipolar disease - Newswise - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market: Cell Therapy Segment to Dominate Global Market - BioSpace - April 18th, 2021
- First in the nation, FDA-approved Phase II mesenchymal stem cell therapy for Parkinson's disease begins - Newswise - April 18th, 2021
- Cellino Biotech developing tech to help scale stem cell therapies - MedCity News - April 18th, 2021
- Stem cell treatment needed to fight the good fight - Victoria Lookout - April 18th, 2021
- Being bionic: the future of regenerative medicine - Toronto Star - April 18th, 2021
- Treating chronic myeloid leukemia (CML): By phase and more - Medical News Today - April 18th, 2021
- Chemical conversion of human epidermal stem cells into intestinal goblet cells for modeling mucus-microbe interaction and therapy - Science Advances - April 18th, 2021
- Andres Isaias Combining Innovation and Excellence - Influencive - April 18th, 2021
- A Massive New Gene Editing Project Is Out to Crush Alzheimer's - Singularity Hub - April 18th, 2021
- Antibiotic Use Prior to Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation May Be Linked to Graft Vs Host Disease - Hematology Advisor - April 18th, 2021
- Mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) Treatment Market Is Rising With Post COVID-19 Impact Analysis, Development, CAGR - Global Banking And Finance Review - April 18th, 2021
- The Recovery Room: News beyond the pandemic April 16 - Medical News Today - April 18th, 2021
- The Governments Watchful Eye on Fraud Stemming from Stem Cell Therapy - JD Supra - April 4th, 2021
- Uprooting Cancer: Innovative Hydrogel Rapidly Reverts Cancer Cells Back to Cancer Stem Cells - SciTechDaily - April 4th, 2021
- Multiple sclerosis: Recent research on causes and treatments - Medical News Today - April 4th, 2021
- First CAR T-Cell Therapy for Multiple Myeloma: Abecma - Medscape - April 4th, 2021
- Vitro Biopharma Retains Leading Health Care Executive as Acting Director of Regulatory Affairs & Director - Benzinga - April 4th, 2021
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for therapy-related myeloid neoplasms following treatment of a lymphoid malignancy - DocWire News - April 4th, 2021
- Orca-T Offers an Alternative to HSCT With Improved Patient Experience - OncLive - April 4th, 2021
- Russell Health Highlighted in the Silicon Review's '50 Leading Companies of the Year 2021' - PRNewswire - April 4th, 2021
- Gracell Biotechnologies Announces Enrollment of First Patient in Registrational Phase 1/2 Clinical Study for GC007g, an Allogeneic CAR-T Cell Therapy... - April 4th, 2021
- LGL Leukemia: Overview, Symptoms, and Treatment - Healthline - April 4th, 2021
- Funding the Next Generation of Cancer Therapies - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - April 4th, 2021
- RenovaCare Announces Organizational Changes and Appointment of New Officers - GlobeNewswire - April 4th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market expected to reach USD 16.51 Billion by 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - March 8th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Publishes Efficacy in Pain Reduction and Mobility in Patients with Disc Degenerative Disc Using StemSpine... - March 8th, 2021
- New Controversy for Stem Cell Therapy That Repairs Spinal Cords - The Great Courses Daily News - March 8th, 2021
- Cell Therapy for Cartilage Regeneration Gets a Boost With Hyaluronic Acid Enriched Chondrocytes in a 3D Tissue Engineering Platform - Business Wire - March 8th, 2021
- Scar-Forming Cells Switch to Producing New Neurons that Promote Functional Recovery in Mice after Spinal Cord Injury - Genetic Engineering &... - March 8th, 2021
- Moderna Hires Harvard Stem Cell Researcher Jonathan Hoggatt as Director of Hematology: What You Need to Know - Yahoo Finance - March 8th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Report 2021 | Growth and Opportunities Analysis - BioSpace - February 19th, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Biomanufacturing Market (2020 to 2025) - Featuring Lonza Group, Merck & Novartis Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - February 19th, 2021
- Off-the-Shelf NK Immunotherapy Is Safe and Promising in B-Cell NHL With Chemotherapy and Transplant - Targeted Oncology - February 17th, 2021
- Braunschweig Makes the Case for Earlier Use of CAR T-Cell Therapy in DLBCL - OncLive - February 17th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Files Patent on Prevention of Organ Transplant Rejection using ImmCelz - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Lineage to Host Virtual OPC1 Investor & Analyst Day on February 22, 2021 - Business Wire - February 17th, 2021
- Novartis, Gates Foundation pursue a simpler gene therapy for sickle cell - STAT - February 17th, 2021
- CRISPR Therapeutics Provides Business Update and Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results - GlobeNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Equillium Presents Positive Interim Clinical Data of Itolizumab in First-line Treatment of Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease at the 2021 Transplantation... - February 14th, 2021
- Zebrafish reveal regenerative protein that could inspire new treatments for muscle-wasting diseases and aging - FierceBiotech - February 11th, 2021
- Stem cell study illuminates the cause of an inherited heart disorder | Penn Today - Penn Today - February 11th, 2021
- Neurons from patient blood cells enable researchers to test treatments for genetic brain disease - Brown University - February 11th, 2021