Stem cell biotech Mesoblast (ASX:MSB) has slashed its quarterly losses as it cut deals in Japan and China, and stepped up from R&D to partnering on its current treatments.
The September quarter loss was more than three times lower than in the same period last year, hitting $US5.5m ($8.1m) from $US19.5m ($28.8m). Revenue was up 46 per cent to $17m.
Mesoblast, which makes cellular medicines for remestemcel-L for conditions such as acute graft versus host disease (GVHD), advanced heart failure and chronic low back pain due to degenerative disc disease, recognised the change came from two areas.
The company struck a $US150m deal with German pain management company Grnenthal in September which paid out $US15m that month, for a partnership to develop and commercialise an allogeneic stem cell therapy used to treat chronic low back caused by degenerative disc disease.
Royalty revenue on sales of TEMCELL in Japan, for GVHD rose to $US1.9m.
The other side of the story is that R&D costs have plunged by 33 per cent to $12.2m as the costs for phase three clinical trials for advanced heart failure drug Revascor and low back pain drug MPC-06-ID begin to wind down.
The last patient visit for a 24-month follow up in the MPC-06-ID trial will be before June next year, and full primary endpoints or the key outcomes a trial wants to deliver are expected by the end of 2019.
Mesoblast is showing the way for small caps like Cynata (ASX:CYN) which are tackling similar diseases using cellular treatments.
Proteomics (ASX:PIQ) is spending $1.25m to help build its Western Australian Proteomics Facility to do research on biological markers affecting medicine, agriculture, the environment and marine world. Bioplatforms Australia, and the University of Western Australia are co-investors in the $4.4m site.
Bio-Gene (ASX:BGT) has won a fight with AusIndustry over a tax refund, getting $350,000 the organisation had deemed out of the refund scope. Its also pleased with the $465,293 refund it got for fiscal 2019 wouldnt we all be?
Memphasys (ASX:MEM) is now selling its Felix sperm separator to investors, after it launched earlier this month. The device, initially tested on thoroughbred horses, separates bad (human) sperm from good. Memphasys is playing up the human fertility rates in decline card, and putting fear into men that their lack of babies is, in fact, their fault.
- Celavie Biosciences Presented Five-Year Follow-Up Data in Parkinsonian Patients at the World Stem Cell Summit - Yahoo Finance - January 22nd, 2020
- The Brave New World of Organoids - North Forty News - January 22nd, 2020
- The Tiny Brain Cells That Connect Our Mental and Physical Health - WIRED - January 22nd, 2020
- Organicell Regenerative Medicine Inc. Provides Update On Operations and Financial Reporting Status - GlobeNewswire - January 22nd, 2020
- Novel mutations in stem cells of young donors can be passed to recipients - BioNews - January 21st, 2020
- Gains in Stem Cell Transplant Mortality Over Last 25 Years - MedPage Today - January 21st, 2020
- Biomedical Applications of Zeolitic Nanoparticles, with an Emphasis on | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 21st, 2020
- Cell therapy trialed in mice offers diabetes treatment hope - SelectScience - January 21st, 2020
- Scientists Image Heart RNA Structure for the First Time - Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology - January 21st, 2020
- CAR T-Cell Therapy and Beyond: Off-the-Shelf Therapies Among Innovations at ASH 2019 - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - January 21st, 2020
- Stem Cell Assay Market to Expand at a Healthy CAGR of XX% Between and 2017 2025 Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News - January 21st, 2020
- Introducing Generate Life Sciences - A First-Of-Its-Kind Company Focused On Helping Grow And Protect Healthy Families - Yahoo Finance - January 19th, 2020
- Editas Medicine and Sandhill Therapeutics, Inc. Announce Collaboration to Develop Engineered Cell Medicines to Treat Cancer - Yahoo Finance - January 19th, 2020
- Regenerative Medicine Market 2026: Product Approvals and Growing Pipeline of Regenerative Medicine P - PharmiWeb.com - January 18th, 2020
- Mutations in donors' stem cells may cause problems for cancer patients - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - January 18th, 2020
- Global Cell Expansion Market by Type, Share Analysis, Top Players Eyeing to Penetrate Into Emerging Nations with Untapped Opportunities 2024 ... - January 18th, 2020
- Introducing Generate Life Sciences - A First-Of-Its-Kind Company Focused On Helping Grow And Protect Healthy Families - PRNewswire - January 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Action Awards to be Presented at World Stem Cell Summit on January 23 at the Hyatt Regency Miami - GlobeNewswire - January 12th, 2020
- SNACS: The FAANG Of The Roaring 20s - Yahoo Finance - January 12th, 2020
- 20 Technology Metatrends That Will Define the Next Decade - Singularity Hub - January 12th, 2020
- LANL Scientists And International Partners Create 3-D Image Of Heart RNA Structure For First Time - My Blog - Los Alamos Daily Post - January 12th, 2020
- MicroCures Awarded $1.5M SBIR Grant To Support Development of Novel Therapeutic Platform for Accelerated Tissue Repair - BioSpace - January 8th, 2020
- 2020 Exosome Technologies Market Top Companies Analysis Including Capricor Therapeutics Inc, Evox Therapeutics Ltd, ReNeuron Group Plc, Stem Cell... - January 8th, 2020
- Gene editing breakthroughs that cured genetic diseases in 2019 - The Star Online - January 5th, 2020
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Wins 2020 'Buzz of BIO' Award for ALS Investigational Therapy - ALS News Today - January 3rd, 2020
- Cell and Advanced Therapies Supply Chain Management Industry Report, 2019-2030 - GlobeNewswire - January 3rd, 2020
- miRNAs: A Promising Target in the Chemoresistance of Bladder Cancer | OTT - Dove Medical Press - January 3rd, 2020
- China confirms third birth of gene-edited baby; scientists involved get prison terms - WRAL Tech Wire - January 3rd, 2020
- Gene Therapies Make it to Clinical Trials - Discover Magazine - December 31st, 2019
- What is HLH, and what role did it play in the death of a healthy 34-year-old ESPN reporter? - FirstCoastNews.com WTLV-WJXX - December 29th, 2019
- 2019: The year gene therapy came of age - INQUIRER.net - December 29th, 2019
- Stem Cells Market is Expected to Expand at an Impressive Rate by 2023 - News Cast Report - December 29th, 2019
- ESPN reporter diagnosed with pneumonia, HLH. What is HLH? - Crossroads Today - December 27th, 2019
- 2019: the year gene therapy came of age - Times of India - December 27th, 2019
- This Is How Human Head Transplants Could Be Achieved, According To A Neurosurgeon - IFLScience - December 25th, 2019
- Taiwan Healthcare+ Expo 2019: A 360 exposure to MedTech and Therapeutic world - BSA bureau - December 22nd, 2019
- Lawmakers Present Mother & Daughter With the Signed Bill They Inspired - River Journal Staff - December 22nd, 2019
- Sorrento Announces Dr. Robin Smith as New Member of the Board of Directors - GlobeNewswire - December 22nd, 2019
- Association Between Change in Circulating Progenitor Cells During Exercise Stress and Risk of Adverse Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Coronary... - December 20th, 2019
- The Most Significant Cancer Research Advances of the 2010s - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - December 20th, 2019
- Metabolic dysregulation: origins of neurodegenerative disease - Health Europa - December 20th, 2019
- Inside the US-Iran prisoner swap, and what comes next - Al-Monitor - December 20th, 2019
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market to Surpass US$ 40.3 Billion by 2027 Coherent Market Insights - Business Wire - December 18th, 2019
- The 3D cell culture market is projected to reach USD 1,846 million by 2024 from USD 892 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 15.7% - PRNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Carlson, first in Central and Eastern Virginia to implant the M6-C Artificial Cervical Disc - BioSpace - December 18th, 2019
- Gene Therapy for Sickle-Cell Anemia Looks Promisingbut It's Riddled With Controversy - Singularity Hub - December 18th, 2019
- Orbiting Organoids: Research in Space to Unveil New Neurodegeneration Insight - Xconomy - December 18th, 2019
- Dr. Jack Zamora Partners with the Exclusive Haute Beauty Network - PR Web - December 18th, 2019
- Global Stem Cell Assay Market Mainstream Connectivity 2019: Regenerative Medicine & Therapy Development, Drug Discovery and Development, Clinical... - December 18th, 2019
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Surge at a Robust Pace in Terms of Revenue Over 2018 2028 - Montana Ledger - December 18th, 2019
- RoosterBio Expands Facility for Second Time in 2019 December 18, 2019Project will support the increasing - PR Web - December 18th, 2019
- By turning stem cells into brain cells, Aspen Neuroscience hopes to rewind the progress of Parkinson's disease - FierceBiotech - December 14th, 2019
- SelectScience Interview: Regenerative medicine technique development and the importance of cooperative research - SelectScience - December 14th, 2019
- Mechanism may have therapeutic bone healing applications - Baylor College of Medicine News - December 14th, 2019
- CHMP Grants Positive Opinion for Expanded Use of Darzalex (daratumumab) in Combination with Bortezomib, Thalidomide and Dexamethasone (VTd) for... - December 14th, 2019
- Mayo Clinic, maker of Gore-Tex outerwear are teaming up in Crohn's fight - Minneapolis Star Tribune - December 11th, 2019
- Proteostasis Therapeutics to Initiate First Ever Personalized Medicine-Based Clinical Trial, CHOICES, in European CF Patients with Genotypes... - December 11th, 2019
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market 2019 By Global Industry Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Top Company Profiles and Future Analysis 2026 - Montana... - December 11th, 2019
- Blinatumomab Instead of Chemo in Young Patients With Relapsed ALL - Medscape - December 10th, 2019
- Fate Therapeutics Soars as Much as 45.8% After Giving Investors What They Wanted - The Motley Fool - December 10th, 2019
- FDA Warns Liveyon Over Cord Blood Stem Cell Products - MedPage Today - December 10th, 2019
- Gamida Cell Announces Results from Phase 1 Study of GDA-201 and New Mechanism of Action Data at ASH 2019 Annual Meeting - Business Wire - December 10th, 2019
- AgeX Therapeutics Issues Year-End Letter to Shareholders - BioSpace - December 10th, 2019
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Upcoming Data Presentation on Lead Program, JSP191, at 61st American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting &... - December 10th, 2019
- The Uncertainty of Regulating 3D Organ Printing - The Regulatory Review - December 10th, 2019
- Top Florida Medical Spa, Amnion of Florida, Partners With Merakris Therapeutics to Advance Their Non-Surgical Treatment Options - Business Wire - December 10th, 2019
- Mustang Bio Announces Updated Clinical Data on MB-107 Lentiviral Gene Therapy for Patients with X-Linked Severe Combined Immunodeficiency -... - December 10th, 2019
- Orchard Therapeutics Showcases Clinical Data at the 61st American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting - BioSpace - December 10th, 2019
- MacroGenics Presents Flotetuzumab Data in Patients with Primary Induction Failure and Early Relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia at the 2019 ASH Annual... - December 10th, 2019
- Olympic Hall of Fame Inductee Gary Hall Jr. Joins C3 International Board of Advisors - BioSpace - December 10th, 2019
- Celgene Gave This Tech Back to Editas Medicine, but It Could Prove Valuable - The Motley Fool - December 8th, 2019
- Jasper Therapeutics Raises $35M in Series A Financing - FinSMEs - December 8th, 2019
- Addressing Disparities in Cancer: Factors Influencing Care, Access and Outcomes - OncoZine - December 8th, 2019
- Interview: Shaping the future - The Actuary - December 5th, 2019
- Cobalt Chloride Induced Apoptosis by Inhibiting GPC3 Expression via th | OTT - Dove Medical Press - December 5th, 2019
- First UK Clinical Trial Site Open for Recruitment of Diabetic Patients with Chronic Limb-Threatening Ischemia Using Novel Patient-Specific... - December 5th, 2019
- Medicine Against Bone Disease Found in the Leaves of Saussurea - Global Health News Wire - December 5th, 2019
- Will We Live to Age 120? International Expert Weighs in at Danbury Event - HamletHub - December 5th, 2019
- 100 hospitals and health systems with great orthopedic programs | 2019 - Becker's Hospital Review - December 5th, 2019
- Investigating the Human Intestinal Mucus Barrier Up-close and Personal - Technology Networks - December 5th, 2019