Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Cell Expansion market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Cell Expansion Market 2020-2029. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Cell Expansion market during the forecast period (2020-2029). It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Report Overview: Cell Expansion Market
The global cell expansion market size was estimated at USD 18.1 billion in 2020 is expected to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% over the forecast period 2021-2027. Increase in usage of automated solutions in cell expansion applications is one of the market drivers. Automated systems minimize the manpower and cost incurred during the production of Cell Therapy Products (CTP), gene therapies, and other biologics; leading to robust and reliable processes.
Key players engaged in CTP development are expanding their product line to suffice the significant rise in the global demand for these therapy products. For instance, in March 2019, Lonza introduced a comprehensive portfolio of CellBio Services, which includes cell-line expansion and banking services. This solution is designed to fulfill research application requirements, finally accelerating the revenue generation in the market.
The paradigm shift toward Single-Use Systems (SUS) offers substantial production advantages in CTP manufacturing. SUS eliminates concerns of cross-contamination and culture contamination caused due to inappropriate sterilization. SUS also allows the production of CTP with high cell densities as well as offers cost-savings in the long run. Thus, a rise in the adoption of SUS surges the development of CTP, which boosts the market growth.
Cellular therapies are constantly gaining popularity in the life sciences industry. Rise in funding from private & government organizations and initiatives undertaken by them to encourage the development of cellular therapies act as drivers for the market. The International Society for Stem Cell Research is involved in the identification of stem cell-related funding opportunities across biomedical research applications.
Substitution of serum and other incompatible reagents is essential to control the quality of the product in CTP manufacturing. Several research studies have validated that the application of serum-free media controls product quality. Researchers have also developed an optimization platform that integrates high-throughput tools with a differential evolution-based algorithm, which acts as an automated effective optimization strategy for serum-free culture formulations.
Product Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Consumables led the product segment in 2019 and accounted for 46.8% of the overall share. It is estimated to retain its dominant position throughout the forecast years. Availability of a wide range of commercial media and reagent products that are dedicated to specific type of cells contributes to the large revenue share of this segment. In addition, these products are convenient, ready-to-use, and are also available as serum-free formulations.
The instruments segment is expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to automation in bioreactors and other expansion platforms to enhance the efficiency of culturing procedures. The advent of automated platforms standardizes the process and facilitates process tracking while reducing the hands-on time; therefore, enables more effective use of the time of skilled personnel.
Continuous commercialization and introduction of automated culturing equipment also drive the revenue generation in the instruments segment. For instance, in March 2019, Hitachi, Ltd. commercialized its automated cell mass culture equipment in Japan. This commercialization allowed manufacture of induced pluripotent stem cells for regenerative medicine applications. Such efforts are expected to accelerate the revenue generation for instruments.
Cell Type Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Mammalian cells segment held the largest revenue share of 58.5% in 2019 and will remain dominant during the forecast period as these culture systems are highly preferred in production of complex protein therapeutics. This is because these systems are pharmacokinetically and functionally relevant to post-translational modifications in humans. Therefore, most of the biopharmaceuticals, including monoclonal antibodies, specific interferons, thrombolytics, and various therapeutic enzymes, are produced using these culture systems.
Differentiated human cells accounted for substantial revenue share as these cells perform a specific function in the body. Differentiated cells, such as fibroblasts, have gained immense importance in the cutaneous wound healing and skin bioengineering, thereby augmenting the segment growth. Moreover, evaluation of 3D Gingival Fibroblast (GF) toroids as a feasible and simple in vitro assay for biomaterial testing has expanded their usage rate.
Human stem cells have gained significant traction and are expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027. The exponential growth of research in this sector and the huge success of regenerative medicine are among the key factors that can be attributed to the fastest growth rate. Furthermore, implementation of automated, robotic, and closed production systems in the manufacturing of clinical-grade mesenchymal stem cells drives the segment.
Application Insights: Cell Expansion Market
The biopharmaceutical segment captured the largest revenue share of 22.9% in 2019 owing to increase in the approvals of biopharmaceutical products in the past few years. The entry of new biopharmaceutical companies and the proliferation of bioprocessing technologies further drive the development of biopharmaceuticals, which, in turn, boosts the expansion procedures conducted during bio-production.
In addition, single-use technologies are gaining immense traction in manufacturing cellular therapies on a commercial level. The introduction of alternative planar cell expansion technologies, such as compact multi-layer bioreactors, has been witnessed over the years. This sufficed the requirement of closed systems that limits the potential risks associated with contamination and maintains control of a large-scale upstream production and unit production. The vaccine production segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to the expansion of cell-based vaccine production in recent years. The production of these vaccines offers a cost-effective manufacturing solution while accelerating the development process.
End-use Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Biotechnology & biopharmaceutical companies segment held the largest share of 48% in 2019 and will expand further at a significant growth rate. The broadening horizon of cell-based therapeutics in the healthcare industry is one of the major factors contributing to the large share of biopharmaceutical companies. For instance, cellular-based therapies have gained immense popularity in regenerative medicine with constant improvements in injectable cell delivery systems for various clinical applications.
In addition, pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies are also engaged in acquisitions to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in December 2019, Sartorius AG signed an agreement to acquire 50% shares of Biological Industries, an Israeli cell culture media manufacturer. This acquisition expanded the cell culture media portfolio of Sartorius, especially for cellular and gene therapies, regenerative medicine, and other advanced therapies.
Research institutes are anticipated to register the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2027 as researchers are engaged in several studies in the biomedical field. For instance, in April 2019, researchers at the University of Wisconsin, U.S., introduced a new technology for effortless development of the H3N2 vaccine. For this, they developed a new cell line that enhanced the growth of H3N2 for vaccine use. Such research findings are expected to help in introducing new products in this market.
Regional Insights: Cell Expansion Market
North America accounted for the largest share of 43.1% in 2019. The region will retain its leading position over the coming years due to a rise in funding initiatives by the government agencies, which has accelerated the manufacture of stem cells and the development of regenerative medicine and cellular therapy products. This, in turn, drives the demand for cell expansion platforms in this region.
For instance, in October 2019, the FDA and the Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium (MTEC) together provided funding of USD 5.3 million to the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) (U.S.). The SwRI invested these funds to propagate cells for the development of personalized regenerative medicine. Such investments boost the revenue generation in this region.
Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period due to increasing efforts laid down by several local pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to develop and commercialize their cellular therapies. An Indian company, Stempeutics Research Pvt. Ltd., signed an alliance with Kemwell Biopharma in July 2019 for the commercialization of its stem cell-based product, Stempeucel. Such agreements are expected to boost product sales of small- and mid-scale companies.
Key Companies & Market Share Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Key market participants are undertaking several initiatives to expand their market presence and maintain a competitive edge in the space. Moreover, they are involved in collaboration & partnership models, product development, agreements, and business expansion strategies in untapped regions.
For instance, in June 2019, Demcon acquired a share in the Scinus Cell Expansion B.V., a manufacturer of stem cell-based therapy equipment headquartered in the Netherlands. This acquisition helped Scinus to expand its business in the stem cell therapy market. Such growth initiatives are expected to enhance the utilization rate of bioreactors used for culturing stem cells, thereby leading to market growth. Some of the prominent players in the cell expansion market include:
Key companies Profiled: Cell Expansion Market Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2027. For the purpose of this study, Trusted Business Insights has segmented the global cell expansion market report on the basis of product, cell type, application, end use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Cell Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Cell Expansion in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Trusted Business Insights Shelly Arnold Media & Marketing Executive Email Me For Any Clarifications Connect on LinkedIn Click to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates. US: +1 646 568 9797 UK: +44 330 808 0580
- Researchers investigate whether stem cell therapy is safe and effective for treatment-resistant bipolar disease - Newswise - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market: Cell Therapy Segment to Dominate Global Market - BioSpace - April 18th, 2021
- First in the nation, FDA-approved Phase II mesenchymal stem cell therapy for Parkinson's disease begins - Newswise - April 18th, 2021
- Cellino Biotech developing tech to help scale stem cell therapies - MedCity News - April 18th, 2021
- Stem cell treatment needed to fight the good fight - Victoria Lookout - April 18th, 2021
- Being bionic: the future of regenerative medicine - Toronto Star - April 18th, 2021
- Treating chronic myeloid leukemia (CML): By phase and more - Medical News Today - April 18th, 2021
- Chemical conversion of human epidermal stem cells into intestinal goblet cells for modeling mucus-microbe interaction and therapy - Science Advances - April 18th, 2021
- Andres Isaias Combining Innovation and Excellence - Influencive - April 18th, 2021
- A Massive New Gene Editing Project Is Out to Crush Alzheimer's - Singularity Hub - April 18th, 2021
- Antibiotic Use Prior to Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation May Be Linked to Graft Vs Host Disease - Hematology Advisor - April 18th, 2021
- Mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) Treatment Market Is Rising With Post COVID-19 Impact Analysis, Development, CAGR - Global Banking And Finance Review - April 18th, 2021
- The Recovery Room: News beyond the pandemic April 16 - Medical News Today - April 18th, 2021
- The Governments Watchful Eye on Fraud Stemming from Stem Cell Therapy - JD Supra - April 4th, 2021
- Uprooting Cancer: Innovative Hydrogel Rapidly Reverts Cancer Cells Back to Cancer Stem Cells - SciTechDaily - April 4th, 2021
- Multiple sclerosis: Recent research on causes and treatments - Medical News Today - April 4th, 2021
- First CAR T-Cell Therapy for Multiple Myeloma: Abecma - Medscape - April 4th, 2021
- Vitro Biopharma Retains Leading Health Care Executive as Acting Director of Regulatory Affairs & Director - Benzinga - April 4th, 2021
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for therapy-related myeloid neoplasms following treatment of a lymphoid malignancy - DocWire News - April 4th, 2021
- Orca-T Offers an Alternative to HSCT With Improved Patient Experience - OncLive - April 4th, 2021
- Russell Health Highlighted in the Silicon Review's '50 Leading Companies of the Year 2021' - PRNewswire - April 4th, 2021
- Gracell Biotechnologies Announces Enrollment of First Patient in Registrational Phase 1/2 Clinical Study for GC007g, an Allogeneic CAR-T Cell Therapy... - April 4th, 2021
- LGL Leukemia: Overview, Symptoms, and Treatment - Healthline - April 4th, 2021
- Funding the Next Generation of Cancer Therapies - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - April 4th, 2021
- RenovaCare Announces Organizational Changes and Appointment of New Officers - GlobeNewswire - April 4th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market expected to reach USD 16.51 Billion by 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - March 8th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Publishes Efficacy in Pain Reduction and Mobility in Patients with Disc Degenerative Disc Using StemSpine... - March 8th, 2021
- New Controversy for Stem Cell Therapy That Repairs Spinal Cords - The Great Courses Daily News - March 8th, 2021
- Cell Therapy for Cartilage Regeneration Gets a Boost With Hyaluronic Acid Enriched Chondrocytes in a 3D Tissue Engineering Platform - Business Wire - March 8th, 2021
- Scar-Forming Cells Switch to Producing New Neurons that Promote Functional Recovery in Mice after Spinal Cord Injury - Genetic Engineering &... - March 8th, 2021
- Moderna Hires Harvard Stem Cell Researcher Jonathan Hoggatt as Director of Hematology: What You Need to Know - Yahoo Finance - March 8th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Report 2021 | Growth and Opportunities Analysis - BioSpace - February 19th, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Biomanufacturing Market (2020 to 2025) - Featuring Lonza Group, Merck & Novartis Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - February 19th, 2021
- Off-the-Shelf NK Immunotherapy Is Safe and Promising in B-Cell NHL With Chemotherapy and Transplant - Targeted Oncology - February 17th, 2021
- Braunschweig Makes the Case for Earlier Use of CAR T-Cell Therapy in DLBCL - OncLive - February 17th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Files Patent on Prevention of Organ Transplant Rejection using ImmCelz - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Lineage to Host Virtual OPC1 Investor & Analyst Day on February 22, 2021 - Business Wire - February 17th, 2021
- Novartis, Gates Foundation pursue a simpler gene therapy for sickle cell - STAT - February 17th, 2021
- CRISPR Therapeutics Provides Business Update and Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results - GlobeNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Equillium Presents Positive Interim Clinical Data of Itolizumab in First-line Treatment of Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease at the 2021 Transplantation... - February 14th, 2021
- Zebrafish reveal regenerative protein that could inspire new treatments for muscle-wasting diseases and aging - FierceBiotech - February 11th, 2021
- Stem cell study illuminates the cause of an inherited heart disorder | Penn Today - Penn Today - February 11th, 2021
- Neurons from patient blood cells enable researchers to test treatments for genetic brain disease - Brown University - February 11th, 2021
- Therapeutic Solutions International Acquires Stem Cell Therapy That Successfully Completed FDA Double Blind Placebo Controlled Efficacy Study for Lung... - February 11th, 2021
- The Role and Activation Mechanism of TAZ in Hierarchical Microgroove/N | IJN - Dove Medical Press - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market: Top 5 trends fueling the industry revenue through 2025 - BioSpace - February 9th, 2021
- Magenta Therapeutics to Present Additional Data from Phase 1 MGTA-145 Stem Cell Mobilization Program and Preclinical Updates on Targeting Conditioning... - February 9th, 2021
- Gamida Cell Presents Efficacy and Safety Results of Phase 3 Study of Omidubicel in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies at the 2021 TCT Meetings of... - February 9th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Recruits Internationally Renowned Kidney Expert to Scientific Advisory Board - PRNewswire - February 9th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Positive Data from Phase 1 Clinical Trial of JSP191 as Targeted Stem Cell Conditioning Agent in Patients with... - February 9th, 2021
- USC scientist Ya-Wen Chen receives American Lung Association grant to advance stem cell-based lung therapies - USC News - February 9th, 2021
- [Full text] Successful Use of Nivolumab in a Patient with Head and Neck Cancer Aft | OTT - Dove Medical Press - February 9th, 2021
- Responses to Liso-Cel Not Influenced by Prior Treatment With Anti-CD19 Agents in R/R Large B-Cell Lymphoma - Targeted Oncology - February 9th, 2021
- Drugs that trip cellular alarm could help clear out hibernating HIV - New Atlas - February 9th, 2021
- Leukemia in children: Symptoms, causes, treatment, outlook, and more - Medical News Today - February 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Study Illuminates the Cause of a Devastating Inherited Heart Disorder - Newswise - February 4th, 2021
- iSpecimen expands offerings to support regenerative medicine, adding cryopreserved stem and immune cells to existing biospecimens available through... - February 4th, 2021
- CU Researchers Win Prize from National Eye Institute - CU Anschutz Today - February 4th, 2021
- Leading Urologist Doubles Down on CaverStem Regenerative Stem Cell Procedure for Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men - BioSpace - January 25th, 2021
- Research Assistant - Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology job with NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE | 239606 - Times Higher Education (THE) - December 24th, 2020
- Getting to the root of why hair goes gray - messenger-inquirer - December 24th, 2020
- How the COVID Virus Induces Inflammation, Cytokine Storm and Stress in Infected Lung Cells - SciTechDaily - December 24th, 2020
- Medicine by Design symposium highlights importance of convergence in regenerative medicine and human health - News@UofT - December 22nd, 2020
- 2020 in Neuroscience, Longevity, and AIand What's to Come - Singularity Hub - December 22nd, 2020
- Updated Findings Show Continued Efficacy for CAR T-Cell Therapy in Heavily Pretreated Myeloma - Targeted Oncology - December 14th, 2020
- Cell Isolation/ Separation Market worth $15.0 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - December 14th, 2020
- Cord blood banks sell parents on promising stem cell research, but with no guarantees - The Arizona Republic - December 8th, 2020
- Procyon Technologies LLC and Novo Nordisk A/S to Collaborate on the Development of a Stem-Cell Based Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes - PRNewswire - December 8th, 2020
- Genetic engineering transformed stem cells into working mini-livers that extended the life of mice with liver disease - The Conversation US - December 8th, 2020
- Hadassah Medical Center and Neurogenesis Announce Groundbreaking Results from a Phase 2 Study in Progressive Multiple Sclerosis treated with NG-01... - December 8th, 2020
- Worldwide Cell Culture Industry to 2025 - Featuring Thermo Fisher Scientific, Corning Incorporated and Eppendorf Among Others - GlobeNewswire - December 8th, 2020
- The cell culturemarket is projected to reach USD 33.1 billion by 2025 from USD 19.0 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 11.8% - GlobeNewswire - December 8th, 2020
- Treatment with Investigational LentiGlobin Gene Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease (bb1111) Results in Complete Elimination of SCD-Related Severe... - December 8th, 2020
- New DARZALEX (daratumumab) Data from GRIFFIN Study Show Deeper and Longer Responses in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma - BioSpace - December 8th, 2020
- Anatomy of a vaccine: What it takes to create a safe, effective COVID shot - University of California - December 8th, 2020
- Development of New Stem Cell Type May Lead to Advances In Regenerative Medicine - Newswise - December 3rd, 2020
- UCLA receives $7.3 million grant to build state-of-the-art facility for developing gene, cell therapies - UCLA Newsroom - December 3rd, 2020
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Market in Global : Current and the Future Trends: Astellas Pharma Inc/ Ocata Therapeutics, Stemcell Technologies Inc - The... - December 3rd, 2020
- Possible Role for Comprehensive Molecular ProfilingBased Treatment Selection in Newly Diagnosed AML, Study Suggests - Cancer Therapy Advisor - December 3rd, 2020
- Nobel Prize history from the year you were born - Herald & Review - December 3rd, 2020