Written by:Howmuchisit.org Staff
Last Updated:August 9, 2018
Stem cells are the bodys main cells in charge of repairing damaged tissue and reducing inflammation. These cells can also divide and replenish the cells that have been damaged by injury, diseaseor from wear and tear. According to RealClearLife.com, these cells should be considered the bodys universal building blocks.
American clinics, on average, charge close to $10,000 per treatment, but some clinics have reduced their costs to as little as $7,000, according to Ipscell.com. While it may seem cheaper to go outside of the United States, this isnt always the cheapest route, either. In fact, it can cost as much as $20,000 to more than $100,000 in foreign countries. The costs, in the end, will depend on the type of stem cell procedure, the doctors reputation, thelocal cost of living and where you go. To budget, plan on spending $4,000 to $15,000 per treatment.
Because stem cell therapy is considered experimental and isnt FDA approved, no health insurance companies wont cover the procedure.
At the Mayo Clinic, one patient reported paying $4,650, a price which included an additional injection.
The Health Link Medical Center offers a diagram on its website, explaining the costs of stem cell therapy. Depending on the condition severity, the costs can be as little as $1,700 for a super concentrated platelet-rich plasma procedure to as much as $11,300 for a complete marrow-derived stem cell procedure.
In this NBC News article, they reported the average session can cost $6,000 to $20,000 per session.
The Smart Choice Stem Cell Institute claims a stem cell procedure for the knee starts $5,000.
Stem cell therapy refers to a non-invasive procedure where stem cells are harvested from either your own body or a donors body and then injected into the damaged portion of your body to help it heal. Damaged body parts commonly include the elbow, back, hip, knee or wrist. Unlike the past, whenembryonic stem cells of yore were used, today, only adult stem cells are used.
These stem cells can be taken from different parts of the body, including the bone marrow or from the fat by using adipose stem cells. Compared to bone marrow, your fat has hundreds, if not thousands, more stem cells from your body.
Before a doctor even considers the therapy, he or she will want to see a recent x-ray and/or MRI and your medical records to see if youre a candidate.
The entire procedure will take about an hour to complete.
As for recovery, successful patients claim they feel much better within a couple of days, especially if combined with surgery. Patients feel sore for a few days after.
All offices will have its own billing policies. You may be charged for additional follow-up appointments, braces, diagnostic testing, additional injections and/or an initial consultation. An initial consultation, for example, can cost up to $250. A CT scan or MRI, if necessary, can be another few hundred dollars to budget for.
If additional injections were needed during your appointment, the costs could drastically go down to as little as $1,500 to $4,000 each.
After the procedure, a painkiller may be prescribed to help you cope with the pain.
Many cities across the United States offer a stem cell treatment center. To find one, a search stem cell therapy and your city name on Google. For example, Regenexx has close to 30 facilities in the United States.
When choosing a facility, always be sure to visit their website and talk with your primary doctor to explore your options. As with any big purchase, pay close attention to the reputation and reviews online.
In Europe, doctors are allowed to multiply stem cells, referred to as expanding, before injecting them into you, which is something doctors are not allowed to do in the United States since the FDA forbids it. Even though this may change, the biggest advantage to expanding is the convenience because youre able to receive the stem cells from another person.
Aside from helping an injury, it has been reported stem cell therapy can help regrow hair, Alzheimers disease, muscular dystrophy, ALS, COPD, blindness, Crohns disease, and Parkinsons disease.
Since no health insurance companies will cover the procedure, consider asking if the facility either has a financing option or offers discounts to those who pay in cash up front.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.
Continue reading here:
How Much Does Stem Cell Therapy Cost? | HowMuchIsIt.org
- Clinical Outcomes Using RYONCIL (remestemcel-L) in Children and Adults With Severe Inflammatory Graft Versus Host Disease Published in Three Articles... - May 26th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Consumption, Trends, Growth, Types,Industrial Applications, Leading Companies & Forecast till 2026 - Jewish Life... - May 26th, 2020
- Silver Nanoparticle-Induced Apoptosis in ARPE-19 Cells Is Inhibited by | IJN - Dove Medical Press - May 26th, 2020
- Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market (Impact of COVID-19) Sales To 2026 Anticipeted By Key Players - Surfacing Magazine - May 26th, 2020
- Life celebrates 20th anniversary during English Tourism Week - North East Times - May 26th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Boom In Near Future By 2027 Scrutinized In New Research - News Distinct - May 26th, 2020
- Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Market : Growth factor with key drivers, industry research, regional forecast - Jewish Life News - May 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Global Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Alopecia Therapies Market Size, Status and Forecast 2020-2026 - Jewish Life News - May 26th, 2020
- Global Myelofibrosis Treatment Market to Register Growth in Incremental Opportunity During the Forecast Period 2016 2022 - Cole of Duty - May 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 treatments are a better bet than a vaccine - Stockhead - May 26th, 2020
- Autologous Cell Therapy Market 2020 Competition by Manufacturers, Concentration Rate, Production Volume, Price|BioTime, Inc., BrainStorm Cell... - May 26th, 2020
- Mesoblast : 3 Articles on RYONCIL GvHD Trial Results Published in BBMT - Marketscreener.com - May 25th, 2020
- Will there still be massage treatments? What the future of luxury spas looks like - Telegraph.co.uk - May 25th, 2020
- The Week Ahead In Biotech: ASCO Presentations In The Spotlight - Benzinga - May 25th, 2020
- Lawyer celebrates 40 years with Blythe Liggins after first day hiccup - Leamington Observer - May 24th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Market Share, Size 2020| Emerging Rapidly with Global Latest Trends, Growth, Revenue, Demand and Forecast to 2027 - Cole of... - May 24th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact on Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Market Trends Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Shares, Growth Opportunities, Statistics & Forecast to 2026... - May 24th, 2020
- What is a cytokine storm? And why is its prevention key to treating Covid-19? - Scroll.in - May 24th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact On Global Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market 2020 : Industry Trends, Size, Growth, Swot Analysis By Top Key... - May 24th, 2020
- Restoring vision to the blind - Science Magazine - May 24th, 2020
- Ontario Announces First Phase of Research Projects to Fight COVID-19 - Government of Ontario News - May 24th, 2020
- Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Therapy to Be Assessed in Severe COVID-19 - Pulmonology Advisor - May 23rd, 2020
- World coronavirus Dispatch: Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Statistics, Demand and Revenue; Forecast To 2025 - 3rd Watch News - May 23rd, 2020
- Cells for Cells and Austrianova announce publication on novel method to produce stem cell exosomes - BioSpace - May 23rd, 2020
- The Economic Impact of Coronavirus on Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market : In-depth study on Industry Size and Analysis on... - May 23rd, 2020
- World coronavirus Dispatch: Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy market to witness robust revenue growth between 2018 to 2028 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- Blocking the deadly cytokine storm is a vital weapon for treating COVID-19 - TheStreet - May 23rd, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market: Overview, Opportunities, Analysis of Features, Benefits, Manufacturing Cost and Forecast To 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- Looking toward the Future of Cell & Gene Therapies - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - May 22nd, 2020
- NantKwest Announces FDA Authorization of IND Application for Mesenchymal Stem Cell Product for the Treatment of Severe COVID-19 Patients - Yahoo... - May 22nd, 2020
- Kleo Pharmaceuticals and Celularity Enter into Research Collaboration to Rapidly Develop Allogeneic NK Cell Combination Therapies for COVID-19 and... - May 22nd, 2020
- Blocking the deadly cytokine storm is a vital weapon for treating COVID-19 - The Conversation US - May 22nd, 2020
- Analysis on Impact of COVID-19-Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020-2024 | Increase in Awareness of Stem Cell Therapy to Boost Growth | Technavio - Business... - May 19th, 2020
- NantKwest Announces FDA Authorization of IND Application for Mesenchymal Stem Cell Product for the Treatment of Severe COVID-19 Patients - Business... - May 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Improved Quality of Life in Patients with Microvascular Dysfunction - Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology - May 19th, 2020
- Can stem cell therapy help - Greater Kashmir - May 19th, 2020
- Family needs to raise 40k towards potentially life-changing treatment for mum with MS - Coventry Telegraph - May 19th, 2020
- Interim Results of Phase I Study Confirms Safety with Early Signs of Efficacy for TRPH-222 in NHL - OncoZine - May 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Treatments Market Report, History and Forecast 2015-2025, Breakdown Data by Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types and Application - Express... - May 19th, 2020
- Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Therapy to Be Assessed in Severe COVID-19 - Monthly Prescribing Reference - May 17th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Emirati dentist who received stem cell therapy doing well - Gulf News - May 17th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report 2020 By Size, Share, Trends, Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 17th, 2020
- Outcomes of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Children With Diamond-Blackfan Anemia - Hematology Advisor - May 17th, 2020
- Venetoclax May Play Role as Salvage Therapy in Multiply Relapsed MCL - Targeted Oncology - May 17th, 2020
- The Week Ahead In Biotech: Aquestive Awaits FDA Decision, Earnings Flow Slows - Benzinga - May 17th, 2020
- GEMoaB Announces Data Presentations Supporting Key Features of Its UniCAR Platform At the Upcoming American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)... - May 17th, 2020
- Michael Hiltzik: Don't be taken in by stem cell firms offering unsubstantiated therapies for COVID-19 - Rome News-Tribune - May 15th, 2020
- Mike Tyson lifts lid on training regime and stem-cell therapy ahead of comeback - Metro.co.uk - May 15th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 15th, 2020
- Mum's brutal stem cell treatment has 'all been worth it' as she enjoys time with family - Grimsby Live - May 15th, 2020
- Kleo Pharmaceuticals to Present Preclinical Data Highlighting the Synergistic Potential of Kleo Asset KP1237 and Autologous NK Cells in the Treatment... - May 15th, 2020
- Here's Why Big Buyers Are Excited About This Cancer Immunotherapy Stock - Motley Fool - May 15th, 2020
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Tisagenlecleucel in the Treatment of Re | CEOR - Dove Medical Press - May 15th, 2020
- Mesoblast raises $138m from investors on hopes for COVID-19 treatment - Sydney Morning Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Group of Genes Have Altered Expression in Autism - Technology Networks - May 15th, 2020
- SENECA BIOPHARMA : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - May 15th, 2020
- Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cell Alopecia Treatment Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 15th, 2020
- Cardio Stem Cell Therapy Used to Treat Critically Ill Covid-19 Patients - Physician's Weekly - May 14th, 2020
- Cellectar Granted Composition of Matter and Use Patent in Europe for CLR 131 - GlobeNewswire - May 14th, 2020
- Magenta Therapeutics Presents Data at Annual Meeting of American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy Demonstrating Cells Mobilized with MGTA-145 in a... - May 14th, 2020
- Scientists generate millions of nave human pluripotent stem cells, far more than have ever been produced - UB News Center - May 14th, 2020
- bluebird bio to Present Data from Its Gene and Cell Therapy Programs During the Virtual Edition of the 25th European Hematology Association Annual... - May 14th, 2020
- Regenerative Medicine Industry Outlook to 2025 Featuring Novartis, Vericel, Integra Lifesciences, Mimedx Group, Stryker, Wright Medical, Roche and... - May 14th, 2020
- Doctors just discovered another promising coronavirus therapy - BGR - May 14th, 2020
- Cell therapy firm boosts odds for blood cancer patients as key trial succeeds - The Times of Israel - May 14th, 2020
- Tiziana Life Sciences Announces Data Demonstrating StemPrintER's Superiority Compared to Oncotype DX in Providing Prognostic Information to... - May 14th, 2020
- Global Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Types, Application, and Regions, Forecast 2020- 2025. :Global Globalmarketers.biz - Cole of Duty - May 14th, 2020
- FTC Letters Warn Marketers to Stop Making Unsupported Claims That Their Products and Therapies Can Effectively Prevent or Treat COVID-19 - New... - May 10th, 2020
- Autolus Therapeutics Plc (AUTL) Q1 2020 Earnings Call Transcript - The Motley Fool - May 10th, 2020
- Combating coronavirus: UAE announces its highest ever recoveries in a day - Khaleej Times - May 10th, 2020
- Orchard Therapeutics (ORTX) Q1 2020 Earnings Call Transcript - Motley Fool - May 10th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Boom In Near Future By 2027 Scrutinized In New Research - Cole of Duty - May 9th, 2020
- FDA approves Tabrecta, first targeted therapy to treat metastatic NSCLC - The Cancer Letter - May 9th, 2020
- FTC warns Oregon companies to stop claiming they can prevent or treat COVID-19 - KGW.com - May 9th, 2020
- Region 1: Chemotherapy, Part II - MedPage Today - May 9th, 2020
- World Thalassemia Day 2020: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment of The Disease - India.com - May 9th, 2020
- Avrobio taps Magenta's ADC in ongoing quest to improve gene therapy conditioning - FierceBiotech - May 9th, 2020
- COVID-19: Responding to the business impacts of Rise in expanse of applications boosts Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy market 2018 to 2028 3w... - May 9th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market 2020 by Various Types, End-Use Application, Major Players, Forecast 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 9th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 With COVID-19 Update by Development factors analysis, Competitive Strategies and Forecast to 2025 - Bandera... - May 9th, 2020