Microsurgical Spine Center (MSC) is now offering stem cell injection treatments for patients suffering from degenerative disc and spine and back pain. This new and innovative procedure is reinventing the way we imagine spinal care- as one of the first treatments that capitalizes on the bodys ability to heal itself. This minimally invasive and quick procedure is an exciting development in the field of spinal care, because it uses the patients own cells as a treatment method. Read more to learn more about how stem cell injections may help you find permanent relief. What are stem cells?
Stem cells are cells within the body without a predetermined function. That is, we can place them to become any type of cell and carry out any role in the body. The human body produces billions of stem cells, and medical studies have shown that by collecting and then relocating them to an area of tissue damage, they can grow to be new, healthy cells and replace the existing damaged cells.
Stem cell injections are a cutting-edge medical procedure that uses the bodys own healthy stem cells to regenerate and repair diseased spinal tissue. Microsurgical Spine Center was the first to perform this procedure for back pain in the state of Washington. You may have heard of the controversy of embryonic stem cell treatment, but we use adult stem cells from your own body.
A stem cell injection is a minimally invasive procedure performed in our outpatient surgery center. Patients can expect to feel relief from pain in less than two weeks.
However, it is important to remember that stem cell injections only treat one part of the problem. It is part of an overall lifestyle change and treatment plan that includes an anti-inflammatory diet and physical therapy. When done in conjunction with one another, these necessary changes improve the bodys mechanics to prevent future pain.
The stem cell injection procedure begins by extracting bone marrow from the pelvis bone. This is where the stem cells that will be used for your treatment will be found. Those cells are then spun at high speeds to separate them from the other components of bone marrow. This advanced separation technique, called centrifuging, was developed by MSCs partner, Celling Biosciences. Once stem cells are fully prepared, they are injected directly into the damaged discs. The injection is guided by ultrasound for complete accuracy. The entire procedure only takes about an hour and can be performed right in our office.
Stem cell injections can be used to treat degenerative disc disease of the spine, degenerative joint disease of the hip or shoulder, arthritis, meniscus tears, rotator cuff injuries, Achilles tendon injuries, sacroiliac (SI) joint pain and more.
While many therapy programs can help strengthen muscles to alleviate pain, when disc degeneration begins to occur, surgery has traditionally been one of the primary avenues for effective treatment. Today, though, adult stem cell therapy is fast becoming an alternative treatment for disc degeneration and low back pain.
Variations of this procedure can also be used in other areas including treating joint abnormalities like Achilles tendonitis and knee arthritis, or to postpone joint replacement surgery in active older adults. It can even help prolong professional athletic careers.
Microsurgical Spine Center offers stem cell injections for back, knee, hip, or other pain. We were the first to perform stem cell injections for the treatment of back pain in the state of Washington. Contact us online or call 253-841-8939 to schedule a consultation.
There are two main types of stem cell treatment: adult stem cells and embryonic stem cells. The ones that have caused controversy in the headlines and among politicians are embryonic, because they are taken from early-stage embryos.
In its early days, stem cell therapy relied on cells removed from early-stage embryos, resulting in significant controversy among politicians and special interest groups. Today, researchers have learned how to locate and remove stem cells from the bone marrow of adults. That means your own cells can be used to help heal your body, without the risk of rejection that can accompany other procedures. At Microsurgical Spine Center, we use adult stem cells stem cells taken from your own body. We extract adult mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) from your own bone marrow.
Possibly the best way to determine if you qualify for the procedure is to come in for a consultation. You are not a candidate if your spinal degeneration has gone so far that your spine is structurally damaged. For example, if you have severe scoliosis or if youve broken your back, your spine is not structurally sound.
Stem cell injections are recommended for patients who have early to middle-range degeneration. If you have cancer or if you are on anti-coagulant medication such as Coumadin, you are also not an eligible candidate for stem cell injections. To find out if you are a candidate for stem cell injections, come in for a consultation.
Stem cell injections using your own stem cells are considered safe. While there is always a risk of an injection causing bleeding, infection, or nerve damage, there is no chance of anallergic reaction with stem cell injections using your own stem cells. A consultation with our doctors will help you determine if stem cell injections are the right choice for you.
Stem cell injections are a quick in-office procedure at Microsurgical Spine Center that usually takes about an hour. It begins with a consultation with one of our physicians to properly screen and diagnose your back pain. You will be able to leave immediately after the injection and will begin to see results from the injection in 4-6 weeks.
There is virtually no recovery time needed from stem cell injections. The process is a fast in-office procedure with minimal pain. There will be some localized pain around the injection site, as with any shot
After your quick, in-office procedure, you will be able to leave immediately and resume daily activities. Results are typically noticed four to six weeks after injection.
Continue reading here:
Stem Cell Injections & Therapy | Microsurgical Spine Center
- Kyle Larson's First Payday After His NASCAR Suspension is Smaller Than You Might Think - Sportscasting - May 26th, 2020
- COVID-19: The Prevention Prescription - The New Indian Express - May 26th, 2020
- We must follow the rules to keep out coronavirus - Gulf News - May 26th, 2020
- Japanese newborn to receive the worlds first liver stem cell - News Landed - May 23rd, 2020
- First American to Receive Placental Cell Treatment For COVID-19 is an Acclaimed Broadway Scenic Designer - Science Times - May 23rd, 2020
- We now have a special power to kill the virus - Bangalore Mirror - May 23rd, 2020
- In the race to find a Covid-19 cure, leaders must not forget other diseases in need of research funds - The National - May 22nd, 2020
- Indian tennis: For injury-plagued Yuki Bhambri, the lockdown is both a chance and another challenge - Scroll.in - May 22nd, 2020
- Who Believe? Chad Coulter's spirit lives on through his son on and off the field - Dave Campbell's Texas Football - May 19th, 2020
- Mike Tyson reveals doctors gave him translucent blood injection that left him feeling weird during stem cel - The Sun - May 19th, 2020
- Doctor, Heal Thyself: Physician Burnout In The Wake Of Covid-19 - Forbes - May 19th, 2020
- Outbreak on edge of Navajo Nation overwhelms rural hospital - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 19th, 2020
- More than 290000 Covid-19 cases in Mena - MEED - May 19th, 2020
- Beware This COVID-19 Vaccine 'Study' From an 80s Teen Tech Titan and a Carnivorous Plant Smuggler - The Daily Beast - May 19th, 2020
- Higher risk of infection, changes to treatment makes COVID-19 a double threat for cancer patients - theday.com - May 16th, 2020
- Nancy Davidson describes plans for reopening the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance as COVID-19 wave recedes - The Cancer Letter - May 16th, 2020
- The Latest Technological Innovations in Orthopedic Surgery 2020 Technology - IMC Grupo - May 16th, 2020
- The first breakthrough coronavirus antibody drug might finally be here - BGR - May 16th, 2020
- Coronavirus: The trials and triumphs of UAE residents - Gulf News - May 16th, 2020
- Daughter of former journalist who died of colon cancer battling cancer of the bones - Nairobi News - May 16th, 2020
- Cancer treatment inspires new dad to raise 18k for NNUH with mass head shave - Eastern Daily Press - May 16th, 2020
- Doubts cast on claims that '19m Brits have had coronavirus' - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 16th, 2020
- UAE's first Covid-19 patient to recover after stem-cell therapy tells of medical journey - The National - May 12th, 2020
- Doctors Say Inflammation Might be the Root of COVID-19 Along with Other Diseases Such as Cancer and Dementia - Tech Times - May 12th, 2020
- Umbilical cord stem cells have the potential to treat COVID-19 - Open Access Government - May 12th, 2020
- Growing Number of Patients Suffering From Neurological Disorder to Support the Growth of Global Autologous Cell Therapy Market, TMR - PRNewswire - May 12th, 2020
- Q&A: 'Survivor' champ Ethan Zohn's deep Colorado connection, who he was shocked to see on the beach and his epic episode - Colorado Springs Gazette - May 12th, 2020
- EDITORIAL: Excessive haste in approving COVID-19 drugs is a no-no : The Asahi Shimbun - Asahi Shimbun - May 12th, 2020
- Tens of thousands of cancer patients STILL havent received NHS coronavirus shielding letters - The Sun - May 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Latest updates on COVID-19 crisis around the world - Outlook India - May 10th, 2020
- Needs way to measure pain besides the scale of 1-10 - Coastal Courier - May 1st, 2020
- Brave intensive care nurse, 27, diagnosed with rare cancer just weeks after dream wedding dies of disease - The Sun - May 1st, 2020
- RIP Rishi Kapoor! Succumbing to Leukemia, Veteran Actor Dies at 67 in Mumbai, Here is all You Need to Know Ab - India.com - May 1st, 2020
- The teenager who survived cancer, sepsis and a collapsed lung - Wales Online - May 1st, 2020
- Shares of Mesoblast Tumbled Over 20% Today After Doubling Last Week - The Motley Fool - April 29th, 2020
- THE BENEFITS OF TADALAFIL FOR ENLARGED PROSTATE AND ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION - RecentlyHeard.com - April 29th, 2020
- Cancer treatment made me infertile at 29heres how Im planning to have a family now - Well+Good - April 27th, 2020
- Incarceration Is Killing Us - Truthout - April 27th, 2020
- Coronavirus Doctors experiment with stem cell therapy on COVID-19 patients CBS News 9:39 AM - KTVQ Billings News - April 26th, 2020
- Call for 'sofa life-savers' as stem cell register takes a hit - Hereford Times - April 26th, 2020
- How effective is PLX cell therapy in treating coronavirus? Experts answer all queries and more - India TV News - April 24th, 2020
- VIDEO: Is It Allergies or COVID-19? - HealthDay Live - HealthDay Coronavirus Liveblog - April 24th, 2020
- HealthDay Reports: More Good News on Remdesivir's Power to Treat COVID-19 - HealthDay Coronavirus Liveblog - April 22nd, 2020
- 'Stem cell therapy more effective on Covid-19' - Korea Biomedical Review - April 21st, 2020
- Planned Clinical Trial of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Remestemcel-L in Patients with COVID-19 - Cancer Network - April 21st, 2020
- What are the underlying conditions causing more serious illness from coronavirus? - KSBW The Central Coast - April 20th, 2020
- What are the underlying conditions causing more serious illness from coronavirus? - WPBF West Palm Beach - April 18th, 2020
- Devoted coach, father and husband remembered for 'bringing out the best' in people throughout life - Elk Grove Citizen - April 18th, 2020
- Helping the helpers - The Jewish Standard - April 18th, 2020
- List of coronavirus treatments now being tested in clinical trials - Business Insider UK - April 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Set to Witness an Uptick during 2017 to 2025 - Science In Me - April 13th, 2020
- A Quarantine Trendsetter - Long Island Weekly News - April 13th, 2020
- What We Know About Masks and the New Coronavirus - The New Yorker - April 13th, 2020
- TISSUE REGENERATION TECHNOLOGIES Announces That Its First Coronavirus Clinical Trial Has Been Initiated Utilizing Unfocused Shockwave Therapy... - April 13th, 2020
- Michael Schumacher health: The truth about the F1 champ's recovery after a devastating head injury in 2013 - EconoTimes - April 13th, 2020
- Michael Schumacher health: Timeline of F1 champion's recovery bid - Express.co.uk - April 13th, 2020
- Column: Scientific advancements in the time of COVID-19 and what they offer us - The Daily Tar Heel - April 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 Tips for Patients with Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Acute Myeloid Leukemia - Curetoday.com - April 8th, 2020
- Medical 'Wonder Women' making a difference in the region's fight on coronavirus - The Arab Weekly - April 8th, 2020
- Ive had Seder in isolation, and this is my message of hope - The Jerusalem Post - April 8th, 2020
- Did a Cult Hair-Care Line Cause Thousands of Women to Lose Their Hair? - The New York Times - April 8th, 2020
- Coronavirus can cause loss of smell and scientists think they know why - ZME Science - April 8th, 2020
- Former England footballer Geoff Thomas backs Mirror campaign to give NHS heroes a medal - Mirror Online - April 8th, 2020
- Roma woman tells of her 'life-changing' MS treatment - Whitsunday Times - April 8th, 2020
- Working Together Working Together: Indianapolis couple offers Airbnb to healthcare workers Nicole Griffin 1:41 PM - WRTV Indianapolis - March 30th, 2020
- Smith trying to turn the corner on cancer battle - Johnson City Press (subscription) - March 30th, 2020
- Adam Castillejo 'feared dying of cancer more than Aids and considered ending it all at Dignitas' Daily Mail - westofthepond.com - March 30th, 2020
- Cell and gene therapy startup ElevateBio raises $170 million - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 30th, 2020
- Tom Coburn, the Dr. No of Congress, Is Dead at 72 - The New York Times - March 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Growth Acceleration During 2017 2025 - Daily Science - March 28th, 2020
- Iranian scientist claims to have invented drug for COVID-19 treatment - The Express Tribune - March 28th, 2020
- Indian doctors try to find out how they can build interferon through human cells to treat COVID-19 patients - Times Now - March 28th, 2020
- Explainer: what is cocooning and how can it be implemented? - Independent.ie - March 28th, 2020
- More Than A Survivor: Stories of Warriors - Curetoday.com - March 26th, 2020
- Lost Smell and Taste Hint COVID-19 Can Target the Nervous System - The Scientist - March 26th, 2020
- While we were stockpiling, here's what astronauts were up to in space last week - CNN - March 26th, 2020
- While we were stockpiling, here's what astronauts were up to in space last week - KTVZ - March 26th, 2020
- Michael Schumacher health: Neurosurgeon contradicted Jean Todt statements that F1 legend is 'still fighting,' says Schumi is different now -... - March 24th, 2020
- COVID-19 forcing Wisconsin's incarceration system to adapt - Wisconsin Examiner - March 24th, 2020
- Canton woman, man have stories to tell about cancer survivors - Wicked Local Canton - March 24th, 2020