SAN FRANCISCO and SUZHOU, China, June 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Innovent Biologics Inc. ("Innovent", HKEX: 01801), a world-class biopharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and commercializes high-quality medicines for the treatment of cancer, metabolic, autoimmune and other major diseases, together with IASO Biotherapeutics (IASO Bio), jointly announced to deliver an oral presentation on updated data from the Phase I study of IBI326 in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (R/R MM) at the European Hematology Association (EHA) Congress, June 9-17, 2021. The presentation will further demonstrate the safety, efficacy, and increased persistence of IBI326.
IBI326 is a fully-human B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA)-directed chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy co-developed by IASO Bio and Innovent (Innovent: IBI326, IASO Bio: CT103A), and it is currently under the pivotal Phase II clinical trial. In February 2021, IBI326 was granted the Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) by China regulatory authority, National Medical Production Administration (NMPA) for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
In the oral presentation, Professor Chunrui Li with Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST) in China will report the clinical data on 35 patients with R/R MM, who received 1.0, 3.0, or 6.0 106/kg IBI326 treatment respectively in the dose-escalation phase and dose-expansion cohort. The 1.0 106/kg dose was determined as Recommended Phase II Dose (RP2D). The median age of the 35 patients was 54 (27, 72). Among them, eight patients had extramedullary multiple myeloma (EMM) and one patient had complication with plasma cell leukemia. The median number of prior treatment regimens was four (3, 12). Ten patients previously received autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (AHSCT), and 10 patients received murine BCMA CAR-T treatment. As of May 1, 2021, the median follow-up of the 35 patients was 291 days (21, 954).
The clinical data of the study in patients with R/R MM presented at the 61st American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in 2019 highlighted the impressive safety profile, efficacy, and durability of response of IBI326. The study also included four patients who had relapsed after prior murine BCMA CAR T-cell treatment. The overall response of these four patients demonstrated that IBI326 can also be an effective treatment option for patients who have relapsed from a prior CAR-T therapy.
In June 2021, the results were published in Blood, a peer-reviewed journal specializing in hematology, in an article titled "A phase 1 Study of a Novel Fully Human BCMA-targeting CAR (IBI326) in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma." The editors of Blood were impressed by the unique persistence of IBI326 and the authors' exposition on the re-treatment prospects of the disease during the study. Therefore, they invited experts from University College London Cancer Institute to write a review titled "BCMA CARs in multiple myeloma: room for more?" (DOI 10.1182/blood.2021010833).
Dr. Hui Zhou, Senior Vice President of Medical Development, Innovent Biologics, said, "We are glad to see that the excellent clinical data of IBI326 (IASO: CT103aA) has been highly recognized by the EHA congress. In particular, it still shows good clinical benefits to the patients who received prior murine BACM CAR-T treatment, and provides better treatment options for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma. We look forward to the launch of this cell therapy to benefit patients in the future. "
Maxwell Wang, Chief Executive Officer of IASO Bio, said, "We are very glad that our high-quality clinical data are presented at the European Hematology Association Congress, one of the top global academic conferences. It's also the only oral presentation on a China-developed BCMA CAR-T treatment at this year's EHA Congress. The updated data reinforce the advantages and uniqueness of CT103A in the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma. Particularly, we enrolled 8 patients with extramedullary multiple myeloma and 10 patients receiving prior murine BCMA CAR-T treatment. All patients have obtained clinical benefits. IASO Biotherapeutics will continue to leverage its innovative clinical development strategy to further prove the advantages of CT103A. We also look forward to the oral presentation by Professor Chunrui Li with Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST) at the EHA Congress."
Abstract: S194 AN UPDATED PHASE 1 STUDY OF A NOVEL FULLY HUMAN BCMA-TARGETING CAR-T CELLS (CT103A) IN PATIENTS WITH RELAPSED/REFRACTORY MULTIPLE MYELOMA
Type: Oral Presentation
Session title: T cell re-directing therapies in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma
About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple Myeloma is a deadly blood cancer that often infiltrates the bone marrow causing anemia, kidney failure, immune problems, and bone fractures. For multiple myeloma patients, common first-line drug treatments include proteasome inhibitors, immunomodulatory drugs, and alkylating agents. While treatment may result in remission, most patients will inevitably enter the relapsed or refractory stage as there's currently no cure. As a result, there is a significant unmet need for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
About IBI326 (BCMA CAR-T)
IBI326 is an innovative therapy co-developed by Innovent and IASO Bio. Previous studies indicate subjects with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (R/R MM) who received high-dose BCMA-targeting CAR-T cells may achieve better remission but have worse adverse events. Moreover, once the disease progresses again, the re-infusion of CAR-T cells will not be effective. To solve this dilemma, IBI326 has been developed, a lentiviral vector containing a CAR structure with a fully human scFv, CD8a hinger and transmembrane, 4-1BB co-stimulatory and CD3 activation domains. Based on strict selection and screening, utilizing a proprietary in-house optimization platform, the construct of the BCMA CAR-T is potent and persistent. In February 2021, IBI326 was granted breakthrough therapy designation by the NMPA for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
Inspired by the spirit of "Start with Integrity, Succeed through Action," Innovent's mission is to develop, manufacture and commercialize high-quality biopharmaceutical products that are affordable to ordinary people. Established in 2011, Innovent is committed to developing, manufacturing and commercializing high quality innovative medicines for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune, metabolic diseases, and other major therapeutic areas. On October 31, 2018, Innovent was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited with the stock code: 01801.HK.
Since its inception, Innovent has developed a fully integrated multi-functional platform which includes R&D, CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls), clinical development and commercialization capabilities. By leveraging this platform, the company has built a robust pipeline of 24 valuable assets in major therapeutic areas, with 4 products officially approved for marketing in China - TYVYT (sintilimab injection), BYVASDA (bevacizumab biosimilar injection), SULINNO (adalimumab biosimilar injection) and HALPRYZA (rituximab biosimilar injection), one Biologics License Application (BLA)submission for sintilimab accepted by the U.S. FDA, six assets in Phase 3 or pivotal clinical trials, and 14 more molecules in clinical trials. TYVYT (sintilimab injection) was included in the National Reimbursement Drug List (NRDL) in 2019 as the historically first PD-1 inhibitor entering in NRDL and the only PD-1 included in the list in that year.
Innovent has built an international team of advanced talented professionals in high-end biopharmaceutical development and commercialization, including many overseas experts. The company has also entered into strategic collaborations with Eli Lilly and Company, Adimab, Incyte, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Hanmi and other international partners. Innovent strives to work with all relevant parties to help advance China's biopharmaceutical industry, improve drug availability to ordinary people and enhance the quality of the patients' lives. For more information, please visit: http://www.innoventbio.com.
About IASO Bio
IASO Bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of novel cell therapies for oncology and autoimmune diseases. Leveraging its proprietary fully human antibody discovery platform (IMARS), high-throughput CAR-T drug priority platform, and proprietary manufacturing processes, IASO Bio is developing a rich clinical-stage pipeline of multiple autologous and allogeneic CAR-T and biologics product candidates. Currently, the company is developing a diversified portfolio of over 10 novel pipeline products, IASO's leading asset, IBI326, an innovative anti-BCMA CAR-T cell therapy under pivotal study for relapsed/refractory (R/R) multiple myeloma (RRMM), was granted Breakthrough Therapeutic Designation by China's National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) in February 2021. For more information on IASO, please visit http://www.iasobio.com.
This news release may contain certain forward-looking statements that are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties. The words "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend" and similar expressions, as they relate to the Company, are intended to identify certain of such forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend to update these forward-looking statements regularly.
These forward-looking statements are based on the existing beliefs, assumptions, expectations, estimates, projections and understandings of the management of the Company with respect to future events at the time these statements are made. These statements are not a guarantee of future developments and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond the Company's control and are difficult to predict. Consequently, actual results may differ materially from information contained in the forward-looking statements as a result of future changes or developments in our business, the Company's competitive environment and political, economic, legal and social conditions.
The Company, the Directors and the employees of the Company assume (a) no obligation to correct or update the forward-looking statements contained in this site; and (b) no liability in the event that any of the forward-looking statements does not materialise or turn out to be incorrect.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/innovent-biologics-and-iaso-biotherapeutics-to-present-updated-data-from-its-anti-bcma-car-t-therapy-in-relapsedrefractory-multiple-myeloma-at-european-hematology-association-eha-congress-301306782.html
SOURCE Innovent Biologics
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report by Cell Source, by Type, by Therapeutic Application, by End-User, by Region - Global Forecast to 2026 -... - October 16th, 2021
- Harvard's R&D alliance with Resilience to advance manufacture of complex medicines - Harvard Gazette - October 16th, 2021
- A New Line of Defense in Blood Cancer: Natural Killer Cell Therapy - Curetoday.com - October 16th, 2021
- Dr. Kahl on the Potential Utility of Frontline CAR T-Cell Therapy in MCL - OncLive - October 16th, 2021
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market By Type (Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Bone Marrow Transplant, Adipose Tissue Stem Cells) and By... - October 16th, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics Outlines Comprehensive Presence at the European Society of Gene & Cell Therapy Congress - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2021
- Taking aim at the brain, Takeda strikes up cell therapy R&D alliance with Immusoft - MedCity News - October 16th, 2021
- Dr. Erba on the Evolution of Treatment in MCL - OncLive - October 16th, 2021
- Newer Agents for DLBCL Show Potential for Earlier Use in the Course of Treatment - Targeted Oncology - October 16th, 2021
- FDA Approves Genentech's Tecentriq as Adjuvant Treatment for Certain People With Early Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Business Wire - October 16th, 2021
- Worldwide Cell Therapy Consumables Industry to 2031 - Featuring Bio-Techne, Irvine Scientific and Sartorius Among Others - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2021
- International ZIM Network: SmartMed - Regenerative Solutions for the Therapies of Tomorrow - Business Wire - October 16th, 2021
- BioLineRx Announces Positive Results from Pharmacoeconomic Study Positioning Motixafortide as Potential Standard of Care in Stem Cell Mobilization -... - October 16th, 2021
- FTC Follows Through On Prioritizing Investigations Into False Advertising In Healthcare Markets - Media, Telecoms, IT, Entertainment - United States -... - October 16th, 2021
- Molecular Atlas of Small Cell Lung Cancer Reveals Unusual Cell Type That Could Explain Why Its So Aggressive - On Cancer - Memorial Sloan Kettering - October 16th, 2021
- Actress Jennifer Garner Visits with 7-Year-Old Girl Fighting B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia; What is the Treatment for This Disease? -... - October 16th, 2021
- Four-year-old girl with stage four cancer trying to get to America for clinical trial - Lancashire Telegraph - October 16th, 2021
- Stem cell & gene therapy to treat osteogenesis imperfecta: hype or hope - Open Access Government - October 5th, 2021
- Chennai-based institute to begin clinical trial on stem cell therapy for liver disease - The New Indian Express - October 5th, 2021
- "Stem cell-based therapeutics poised to become mainstream option - BSA bureau - October 5th, 2021
- Anja Health Disrupts Cord Blood Banking with Heartfelt Founding Story and Ground-Breaking Mission - Digital Journal - October 5th, 2021
- Longeveron Successfully Advancing its Cell-Based Therapy Studies in a Growing Industry Segment - Yahoo Finance - October 5th, 2021
- Ready to Treat Over 80 Life-Threatening Diseases, Discover the Potential of Cord Blood during World Cord Blood Day 2021 - PRNewswire - October 5th, 2021
- Transforming Growth Factor Sales Gaining Traction & to reach US$ 709.9 Mn with Significant Development in Cell Therapy Research - PRNewswire - October 5th, 2021
- StemExpress Partners with the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine to Provide COVID-19 Testing for the Cell and Gene Meeting on the Mesa - WITN - October 5th, 2021
- Brazil investigates the use of stem cells in the treatment of covid-19 The Clare People - The Clare People - October 5th, 2021
- Indianapolis mother gives 13-year-old son with sickle cell disease a 2nd chance at life - WTHR - October 5th, 2021
- US FDA Approves Kite's Tecartus as the First and Only Car T for Adults With Relapsed or Refractory B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia | DNA RNA and... - October 5th, 2021
- Lack of awareness about blood stem cell donation is one of the leading causes for low number of donors in In.. - ETHealthworld.com - October 5th, 2021
- 'Survivor' winner Ethan Zohn opens up about his cancer battle: I was a healthy, young guy. You never expect it to be you. - Yahoo Life - October 5th, 2021
- The Best Skincare Treatments For Time-Crunched Moms (Or Anyone Else Who Only Has Five Minutes To Spare) - Forbes - October 5th, 2021
- [PDF] Stem Cell Therapy Market Size Strong Revenue and Generated Opportunities UNLV The Rebel Yell - UNLV The Rebel Yell - August 31st, 2021
- Mike Tysons weird stem cell treatment has helped transform incredible body at 55 - Daily Star - August 31st, 2021
- Acute Monocytic Leukemia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment - Healthline - August 31st, 2021
- UC Davis and the School of Medicine set new records in research funding - UC Davis Health - August 31st, 2021
- NCCN Issues Updated Guidelines Regarding Third COVID-19 Vaccine Booster for Those With Cancer - Cancer Network - August 31st, 2021
- DHEC Supports Awareness and Education during National Sickle Cell Awareness Month - SCDHEC - August 31st, 2021
- The emerging roles of the gut microbiome in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation - DocWire News - August 31st, 2021
- Global Cryopreservation Equipment Market Report 2021-2028 - Growing Acceptance for Regenerative Medicine & Increasing Needs of Biobanking... - August 31st, 2021
- Operational Highlights and Financial Results for the Year Ended June 30, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - August 31st, 2021
- Event to benefit 2 families with kids fighting cancer - Youngstown Vindicator - August 31st, 2021
- Cryo-Cell International Announces Uplisting to The Nasdaq Capital Market - GlobeNewswire - August 31st, 2021
- Incyte and MorphoSys Announce the European Commission Approval of Minjuvi (tafasitamab) in Combination With Lenalidomide for the Treatment of Adults... - August 31st, 2021
- Thomas Smeenk with an update on the FDA Phase II clinical trial program of the Hemostemix blood-derived, stem cell therapeutics product (ACP-01) -... - August 31st, 2021
- 2021 Pipeline Insight Report on Myocardial Infarction - Featuring AstraZeneca, Mesoblast and Boehringer Ingelheim Among Others -... - August 31st, 2021
- Mini brains grown in the lab sprout primitive eyes - Freethink - August 31st, 2021
- BeiGene and EUSA Pharma Announce China NMPA Approval of QARZIBA (Dinutuximab Beta) for Patients With High-Risk Neuroblastoma - Business Wire - August 18th, 2021
- Study Calls for COVID-19 Vaccination in Patients With Cancer to Enable Optimal Treatment Delivery During Pandemic - OncLive - August 18th, 2021
- Treatment of AML in Older Patients Almost At 'The Holy Grail' - Curetoday.com - August 18th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Identify Key Drivers, Trends, Latest Innovations, Business Senario, Demand With Outlook by 2026 - The Market Writeuo -... - August 18th, 2021
- 8 Tips for Coping With a Diagnosis of PPMS - Everyday Health - August 18th, 2021
- More positive results from CRISPR trial for sickle cell and thalassaemia - BioNews - August 18th, 2021
- Belumosudil Granted Full Approval for Treatment of Chronic GVHD by FDA - Cancer Network - July 22nd, 2021
- Dr. Martin on the Role of Maintenance Therapy With Rituximab in MCL July 15th 2021 Peter - OncLive - July 22nd, 2021
- FDA tells Magenta to pump the brakes on blood cancer trial before it starts to develop new dosing test - FierceBiotech - July 22nd, 2021
- Stemson Therapeutics Secures $15M Series A Funding to Cure Hair Loss - Business Wire - July 22nd, 2021
- Events planned to support 5-year-old's cancer treatments - The Augusta Chronicle - July 22nd, 2021
- HER2-Specific CAR T Cells Induce Early Efficacy Without Dose-Limiting Toxicities in Pediatric CNS Tumors - OncLive - July 22nd, 2021
- A mother's love: Two years after devastating crash, Abby Roby has hope - London Free Press (Blogs) - July 22nd, 2021
- Roswell Park Team Shows Dendritic-Cell Vaccines Can Be Paired With Standard Therapy for Breast Cancer - Newswise - July 22nd, 2021
- Introducing the 3D bioprinted neural tissues with the potential to 'cure' human paralysis - 3D Printing Industry - July 22nd, 2021
- Investing in stem cells, the building blocks of the body - MoneyWeek - June 25th, 2021
- Discrepancies Between Real-World Patterns of Care and Recommendations Based on Clinical Trials Exist in MCL - OncLive - June 25th, 2021
- Catalent to Acquire RheinCell Therapeutics, Strengthening a Path Towards Industrialization of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-based Therapies - PR Web - June 25th, 2021
- Disparities in Utilization of Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation as Consolidative Therapy for Multiple Myeloma: A Single Institution Retrospective... - June 25th, 2021
- Vita Therapeutics Raises $32 Million in Oversubscribed Series A Financing Led by Cambrian Biopharma to Advance the Development of Therapies to Treat... - June 25th, 2021
- Updates in the treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphomas | JEP - Dove Medical Press - June 25th, 2021
- Novel Tafasitamab Combination Finds a Role in Second-line DLBCL Treatment - Targeted Oncology - June 25th, 2021
- Global Nerve Repair and Regeneration Devices Market to Reach $11. 8 Billion by 2026 - GlobeNewswire - June 25th, 2021
- 5 potential benefits of exosome treatment - AZ Big Media - June 8th, 2021
- Orion and the Blood Service launch collaboration to develop new CAR T-cell cancer therapy - Yahoo Finance Australia - June 8th, 2021
- Improvements in the Treatment of Patients With MCL Over the Past Decade - Oncology Learning Network - June 8th, 2021
- Novo Nordisk partners with Heartseed on heart failure cell therapy - PMLiVE - June 8th, 2021
- Citius Pharmaceuticals to be Added to Russell 2000 Index - BioSpace - June 8th, 2021
- IN8bio Completes Treatment of First Cohort in Phase 1 Clinical Trial with Gamma Delta T-Cell Therapy in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma... - June 8th, 2021
- Regenerative medicine: moving next-gen treatments from lab to clinic - Pharmaceutical Technology - June 8th, 2021
- Global $30+ Billion Cell Therapy Bioprocessing Market to 2028: Market Opportunities in Automated Procedures to Produce Cell Therapies - PRNewswire - June 8th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine Market Report Forecast to 2027 3M Group Novartis AG Integra Gene Therapies The Manomet Current - The... - June 8th, 2021
- Novel CAR-T Cell Therapy Produces Early and Deep Responses in Certain Patients with Multiple Myeloma - Curetoday.com - June 8th, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies to Present at the Emerging Growth Conference on June 9, 2021 - StreetInsider.com - June 8th, 2021