SAN DIEGO, Dec. 16, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRNE, "Sorrento") announced today that Robin L. Smith, MD, MBA has been appointed to its Board of Directors.
Dr. Smith is a business leader, entrepreneur, medical doctor, author and philanthropist who has held various C-Suite and board positions in the biopharmaceutical industry. Her experience includes significant contributions on numerous board committees for public medical, digital and health care entities. She currently serves on the boards of directors of Celularity, Inc., a pioneer company focused on cancer and regenerative medicine, Seelos Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: SEEL), Spiritus Therapeutics, which she co-founded, the International Board of Sanford Health, and is the Chairman, President and founder of the Cura Foundation.
Dr. Smith has been recognized for her extensive leadership in the biopharmaceutical industry winning an array of industry awards and business recognitions. She received the Regenerative Medicine Foundation (RMF) 2019 Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Action Award for International Diplomacy in 2019, the 2018 HEALinc Future Health Humanitarian Award, the Business Intelligence Groups Woman of the Year Award in 2018 and the 2018 Gold Stevie Award for Woman of the Year (Government or Non-Profit). In April 2016, Pope Francis awarded Dr. Smith Dame Commander with Star Pontifical Equestrian Order of Saint Sylvester Pope and Martyr and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement in Healthcare and Science by The National Museum of Catholic Art and Library. Dr. Smith is a 2016 recipient of the Women of Power and Influence Awards and winner of the 2014 Brava Award.
She received her B.A. degree from Yale University and her M.D. degree from the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Smith holds an M.B.A. degree from the Wharton School of Business and completed the Stanford University Directors Program and received an honorary Doctor of Science degree from Thomas Jefferson Medical College
Sorrento is an exciting clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company with unique assets and a commendable commitment to developing new therapies for individuals with life threatening illnesses. The company has an incredibly talented management team and innovative scientists. I am honored to join their board and appreciate the opportunity to work with the team and other board members, commented Dr. Smith.
Dr. Henry Ji, Chairman and CEO, commented, We are very excited to have Robin join our board. She brings deep medical, business knowledge and diversity at a critical time for our company. I believe Dr. Smith will be an invaluable addition to our board and can be a great contributor to a bright future for Sorrento Therapeutics.
About Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
Sorrento is a clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies (G-MAB library), antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) as well as CAR-T and oncolytic virus (Seprehvir).
Sorrento's commitment to life-enhancing therapies for cancer patients is also demonstrated by its effort to advance a first-in-class (TRPV1 agonist) RTX and ZTlido. RTX is completing a phase IB trial in terminal cancer patients. ZTlido was approved by US FDA on February 28, 2018.
For more information visit http://www.sorrentotherapeutics.com
Media and Investor Relations
Alexis Nahama, SVP Corporate Development
ZTlido and G-MAB are trademarks owned by Scilex Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Sorrento, respectively.
Seprehvir, is a registered trademark of VirttuBiologics Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of TNK Therapeutics, Inc. and part of the group of companies owned by Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
2019 Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Global Stem Cell Market Poised for Strong Growth as Global Regenerative Medicine Market Poised to Reach US$45 billion by 2025 - P&T Community - February 28th, 2020
- Adaptimmune Reports Fourth Quarter / Full Year 2019 Financial Results and Business Update - BioSpace - February 28th, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Inc (OTCMKTS: CELZD) Gets the Extra D - MicroCap Daily - February 28th, 2020
- If medications fail, surgery option for treating infectious retinitis - Ophthalmology Times - February 28th, 2020
- BTK Inhibitors Offer Improved Response Over Chemotherapy in Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Curetoday.com - February 28th, 2020
- Aspire Regenerative Medical Director Featured on New Podcast - PR Web - February 28th, 2020
- Global Regenerative Medicine Market Briefing 2020, Trends, Applications, Types, Research, Forecast To 2025 - Bandera County Courier - February 28th, 2020
- New study identifies trigger that turns dormant cancer stem cells into active ones - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020
- Editas Medicine Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results and Update - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020
- On the Road to 3-D Printed Organs - The Scientist - February 27th, 2020
- Researchers have found a probable cure for diabetes and we need to thank diabetic lab mice for it - International Business Times, Singapore Edition - February 27th, 2020
- Kiadis Pharma announces FDA clearance of clinical study by The Ohio State University in R/R AML with off-the-shelf NK cells from universal donors -... - February 27th, 2020
- Immune-Based Therapies Emerge in Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Curetoday.com - February 24th, 2020
- Texas A&M Researcher Named To National List Of Inspiring Black Scientists - Texas A&M University - February 24th, 2020
- Locking in and preserving your healthy stem cells has never been easier and more accessible as Acorn Biolabs partners with Coverdale Clinics. - Canada... - February 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Scientist Unite Together to Tackle With COVID-19 - Benzinga - February 22nd, 2020
- Army spouse dances her way through chemotherapy - We Are The Mighty - February 22nd, 2020
- The Winnipeg Foundation Innovation Fund supports cutting-edge research - UM Today - February 22nd, 2020
- Locking in and preserving your healthy stem cells has never been easier and more accessible as Acorn Biolabs partners with Coverdale Clinics. - Yahoo... - February 20th, 2020
- Missouri S&T researchers create organ tissue with bioactive glass, stem cells and 3D printer - The Rolla Daily News - February 20th, 2020
- Regenerative Medicine Market trends, leaders, segment analysis and forecast to 2030 described in a new market report - WhaTech Technology and Markets... - February 16th, 2020
- 5 Aesthetic Clinics To Know In The Klang Valley & Their Signature Treatments - Malaysia Tatler - February 14th, 2020
- Tech Ventures kicks off series dedicated to supporting female inventors and entrepreneurs at Johns Hopkins - The Hub at Johns Hopkins - February 14th, 2020
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Financial Results and Provide a Corporate Update - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2020
- CD229 CAR T-cell therapy treated tumours had lasting response mice - Drug Target Review - February 11th, 2020
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Financial Results and Provide a Corporate Update - BioSpace - February 11th, 2020
- Early Findings Show Promise of CAR NK-Cell Therapy in Leukemia, Lymphoma - Cancer Network - February 9th, 2020
- Physical forces at the interface with biology and chemistry - PLoS Blogs - February 9th, 2020
- Scientists create 'Chemical gardens' that can be used as bone substitute materials - University of Birmingham - February 7th, 2020
- Lab-grown heart cells implanted into human patient for the first time - New Atlas - January 29th, 2020
- Engineer the future of human health with a PhD in biomedical engineering - Study International News - January 29th, 2020
- GIOSTAR Announces Medical Breakthrough in Biotechnology and Lifesciences To Manufacture Abundant, Safe Red Blood Cells From Stem Cells - Benzinga - January 29th, 2020
- Study suggests Parkinson's present from birth and may be preventable - New Atlas - January 29th, 2020
- Celavie Biosciences Presented Five-Year Follow-Up Data in Parkinsonian Patients at the World Stem Cell Summit - Yahoo Finance - January 22nd, 2020
- The Brave New World of Organoids - North Forty News - January 22nd, 2020
- The Tiny Brain Cells That Connect Our Mental and Physical Health - WIRED - January 22nd, 2020
- Organicell Regenerative Medicine Inc. Provides Update On Operations and Financial Reporting Status - GlobeNewswire - January 22nd, 2020
- Novel mutations in stem cells of young donors can be passed to recipients - BioNews - January 21st, 2020
- Gains in Stem Cell Transplant Mortality Over Last 25 Years - MedPage Today - January 21st, 2020
- Biomedical Applications of Zeolitic Nanoparticles, with an Emphasis on | IJN - Dove Medical Press - January 21st, 2020
- Cell therapy trialed in mice offers diabetes treatment hope - SelectScience - January 21st, 2020
- Scientists Image Heart RNA Structure for the First Time - Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology - January 21st, 2020
- CAR T-Cell Therapy and Beyond: Off-the-Shelf Therapies Among Innovations at ASH 2019 - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - January 21st, 2020
- Stem Cell Assay Market to Expand at a Healthy CAGR of XX% Between and 2017 2025 Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News - January 21st, 2020
- Introducing Generate Life Sciences - A First-Of-Its-Kind Company Focused On Helping Grow And Protect Healthy Families - Yahoo Finance - January 19th, 2020
- Editas Medicine and Sandhill Therapeutics, Inc. Announce Collaboration to Develop Engineered Cell Medicines to Treat Cancer - Yahoo Finance - January 19th, 2020
- Regenerative Medicine Market 2026: Product Approvals and Growing Pipeline of Regenerative Medicine P - PharmiWeb.com - January 18th, 2020
- Mutations in donors' stem cells may cause problems for cancer patients - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - January 18th, 2020
- Global Cell Expansion Market by Type, Share Analysis, Top Players Eyeing to Penetrate Into Emerging Nations with Untapped Opportunities 2024 ... - January 18th, 2020
- Introducing Generate Life Sciences - A First-Of-Its-Kind Company Focused On Helping Grow And Protect Healthy Families - PRNewswire - January 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Action Awards to be Presented at World Stem Cell Summit on January 23 at the Hyatt Regency Miami - GlobeNewswire - January 12th, 2020
- SNACS: The FAANG Of The Roaring 20s - Yahoo Finance - January 12th, 2020
- 20 Technology Metatrends That Will Define the Next Decade - Singularity Hub - January 12th, 2020
- LANL Scientists And International Partners Create 3-D Image Of Heart RNA Structure For First Time - My Blog - Los Alamos Daily Post - January 12th, 2020
- MicroCures Awarded $1.5M SBIR Grant To Support Development of Novel Therapeutic Platform for Accelerated Tissue Repair - BioSpace - January 8th, 2020
- 2020 Exosome Technologies Market Top Companies Analysis Including Capricor Therapeutics Inc, Evox Therapeutics Ltd, ReNeuron Group Plc, Stem Cell... - January 8th, 2020
- Gene editing breakthroughs that cured genetic diseases in 2019 - The Star Online - January 5th, 2020
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Wins 2020 'Buzz of BIO' Award for ALS Investigational Therapy - ALS News Today - January 3rd, 2020
- Cell and Advanced Therapies Supply Chain Management Industry Report, 2019-2030 - GlobeNewswire - January 3rd, 2020
- miRNAs: A Promising Target in the Chemoresistance of Bladder Cancer | OTT - Dove Medical Press - January 3rd, 2020
- China confirms third birth of gene-edited baby; scientists involved get prison terms - WRAL Tech Wire - January 3rd, 2020
- Gene Therapies Make it to Clinical Trials - Discover Magazine - December 31st, 2019
- What is HLH, and what role did it play in the death of a healthy 34-year-old ESPN reporter? - FirstCoastNews.com WTLV-WJXX - December 29th, 2019
- 2019: The year gene therapy came of age - INQUIRER.net - December 29th, 2019
- Stem Cells Market is Expected to Expand at an Impressive Rate by 2023 - News Cast Report - December 29th, 2019
- ESPN reporter diagnosed with pneumonia, HLH. What is HLH? - Crossroads Today - December 27th, 2019
- 2019: the year gene therapy came of age - Times of India - December 27th, 2019
- This Is How Human Head Transplants Could Be Achieved, According To A Neurosurgeon - IFLScience - December 25th, 2019
- Taiwan Healthcare+ Expo 2019: A 360 exposure to MedTech and Therapeutic world - BSA bureau - December 22nd, 2019
- Lawmakers Present Mother & Daughter With the Signed Bill They Inspired - River Journal Staff - December 22nd, 2019
- Association Between Change in Circulating Progenitor Cells During Exercise Stress and Risk of Adverse Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Coronary... - December 20th, 2019
- The Most Significant Cancer Research Advances of the 2010s - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - December 20th, 2019
- Metabolic dysregulation: origins of neurodegenerative disease - Health Europa - December 20th, 2019
- Inside the US-Iran prisoner swap, and what comes next - Al-Monitor - December 20th, 2019
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market to Surpass US$ 40.3 Billion by 2027 Coherent Market Insights - Business Wire - December 18th, 2019
- The 3D cell culture market is projected to reach USD 1,846 million by 2024 from USD 892 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 15.7% - PRNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Carlson, first in Central and Eastern Virginia to implant the M6-C Artificial Cervical Disc - BioSpace - December 18th, 2019
- Gene Therapy for Sickle-Cell Anemia Looks Promisingbut It's Riddled With Controversy - Singularity Hub - December 18th, 2019
- Orbiting Organoids: Research in Space to Unveil New Neurodegeneration Insight - Xconomy - December 18th, 2019
- Dr. Jack Zamora Partners with the Exclusive Haute Beauty Network - PR Web - December 18th, 2019