January 28, 2021 09:03 ET | Source: Research and Markets
Dublin, Jan. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "CAR-T Therapy Global Market Opportunities and Strategies to 2030: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global CAR-T therapy market reached a value of nearly $734.0 million in 2019. The market is expected to grow from $734.0 million in 2019 to $2,250 million in 2023 at a rate of 32.3%. The growth is mainly due to an increased prevalence of cancer and increased awareness about the therapy. The market is expected to stabilize and reach $3,150 million in 2025 and $6,100 million in 2030.
The CAR-T therapy market consists of sales of CAR-T therapy products and related services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that develop chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapies to treat all types of cancers. This industry includes establishments that are involved in the research and development to introduce new targeted cell therapies for treating different blood related cancers.
Growth in the historic period resulted from increases in healthcare expenditure, increase in pharmaceutical R&D expenditure and advances in drug discovery. This growth was restricted by low rate of drug approvals, challenges due to regulatory changes and limited number of treatment centers.
Going forward, increase in blood cancer incidence rate, rise in healthcare expenditure, strong pipeline of drugs and rising focus on car-t therapy are expected to drive the market. High costs of therapy, reimbursement challenges, adverse events, complex manufacturing and supply chain and covid-19 impacting drug trails, and reduction in free trade are major factors that could hinder the growth of the CAR-T therapy market in the future.
The CAR-T therapy market is segmented by target antigen into CD19, CD22, BCMA and others. The CD19 was the largest segment of the CAR-T therapy market by target antigen, accounting for 100% of the total market in 2019. Going forward, CD19 segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the CAR-T therapy market, at a CAGR of 25.3%.
The CAR-T therapy market is also segmented by application into acute lymphoblastic leukemia, diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, multiple myeloma and others. The diffuse large B-cell lymphoma was the largest segment of the CAR-T therapy market by application, accounting for 56.1% of the total market in 2019. Going forward, the others segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the CAR-T therapy market, at a CAGR of 29.3%.
North America was the largest region in the global CAR-T therapy market, accounting for 60.3% of the total in 2019. It was followed by Western Europe, Asia Pacific and then the other regions. Going forward, the fastest-growing regions in the CAR-T therapy market will be Asia Pacific and Western Europe, where growth will be at CAGRs of 85.1% and 32.4% respectively.
The CAR-T therapy market is particularly prone to disruption from the coronavirus outbreak, as patients with cancer are more susceptible to viral infections, especially after chemotherapy, stem cell transplants, or surgeries. COVID-19 has caused clinical trial delays for CAR-T therapy drugs. Due to worldwide lockdown, production is also being halted which is causing supply chain issues.
The CAR-T therapy market is concentrated, with a small number of large of large players in the market. Major players in the market include Novartis AG and Gilhead Pharmaceuticals.
The top opportunities in the CAR-T therapy market segmented by target antigen will arise in the CD19 segment, which will gain $1,077.3 million of global annual sales by 2023. The top opportunities in the CAR-T therapy market segmented by application will arise in the diffuse large B-cell lymphoma segment, which will gain $738.5 million of global annual sales by 2023. The CAR-T therapy market size will gain the most in the USA at $744.9 million.
Market-trend-based strategies for the CAR-T therapy market include focus efforts towards investing in the R&D for creating remodeled CAR-T therapy to avoid neurological side-effects, creating off-the-shelf allogeneic CAR-T therapy for advanced cancer treatment, manufacturing next-generation CAR T cells for improved treatment of high-grade glioma, investing in AI and machine learning solutions to optimize future CAR-T therapy, carrying out strategic collaborations to boost innovations, collaborating or acquiring competitor companies to expand CAR-T therapy portfolio, and investing in the CAR-T therapy to make it more effective. Player-adopted strategies in the CAR-T therapy market include expansion through mergers and acquisitions, and strategic partnerships with technology companies.
To take advantage of the opportunities, the publisher recommends the CAR-T therapy companies should consider collaborating or acquiring competitor companies, invest in machine learning and artificial intelligence, next-generation car-t cells, competitive pricing, expanding in emerging markets, set up authorized distributors and sales representatives, leverage e-commerce to maximize reach and revenues, increasing adoption of internet, attending business events, targeting community oncologists/hematologists, and collaboration with treatment centers.
Key Topics Covered:
1. CAR-T Therapy Market Executive Summary
2. Table of Contents
3. List of Figures
4. List of Tables
5. Report Structure
6. Introduction 6.1.1. Segmentation by Geography 6.1.2. Segmentation by Application 6.1.3. Segmentation by Target Antigen
7. CAR-T Therapy Market Characteristics 7.1. Market Definition 7.2. Market Segmentation by Target Antigen 7.2.1. CD19 Therapy 7.2.2. CD22 Therapy 7.2.3. BCMA Therapy 7.2.4. Others 7.3. Market Segmentation by Application 7.3.1. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia 7.3.2. Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma 7.3.3. Follicular Lymphoma 7.3.4. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia 7.3.5. Multiple Myeloma 7.3.6. Others
8. CAR-T Therapy Market Customer Information 8.1. Interest of Physicians 8.2. Positive Perception of Community Oncologists Towards CAR-T Therapy 8.3. Challenges and Perceived Barriers in the Adoption of CAR-T Therapy by Community Oncologists 8.4. Improvement in Quality of Life After CAR T-Cell Therapy
9. CAR-T Therapy Market Trends and Strategies 9.1. Remodeled CAR-T Cell Therapy for Fewer Side Effects 9.2. Off-The-Shelf Allogeneic CAR-T Therapy for Improved Treatment 9.3. Next-Generation CAR-T Cells for Treatment of High-Grade Glioma 9.4. Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to Optimize Future CAR-T Therapy 9.5. Collaborating with Technology Companies for Advanced Technologies 9.6. Growing Partnerships for Promoting CAR-T Therapy Market
10. CAR-T Therapy Market, COVID Impact Analysis 10.1. Impact on Global CAR-T Therapy 10.2. Impact on Global CAR-T Therapy Clinical Trials 10.3. Impact on Leading Global Oncology Companies
11. Global CAR-T Therapy Market Size and Growth 11.1. Historic Market Growth, 2015 - 2019, Value ($ Million) 11.1.1. Drivers of the Market 2015 - 2019 11.1.2. Restraints on the Market 2015 - 2019 11.2. Forecast Market Growth, 2019 - 2023, 2025F, 2030F Value ($ Million) 11.2.1. Drivers of the Market 2019 - 2023 11.2.2. Restraints on the Market 2019 - 2023
12. Global CAR-T Therapy Market Segmentation 12.1. Global CAR-T Therapy Market, Segmentation by Application, Historic and Forecast, 2015 - 2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Million) 12.1.1. Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma 12.1.2. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia 12.1.3. Follicular Lymphoma 12.1.4. Multiple Myeloma 12.1.5. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia 12.1.6. Others 12.2. Global CAR-T Therapy Market, Segmentation by Target Antigen, Historic and Forecast, 2015 - 2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Million) 12.2.1. CD19 12.2.2. BCMA 12.2.3. Other Target Antigen 12.2.4. CD22
13. CAR-T Therapy Market, Regional and Country Analysis 13.1. Global CAR-T Therapy Market, by Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015 - 2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Million) 13.2. Global CAR-T Therapy Market, by Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015 - 2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Million)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4e45uj
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
- Ronawk using stem cell tech developed at Olathe lab to advance liver cancer research in Turkey - Startland News - October 5th, 2021
- StemExpress Partners with the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine to Provide COVID-19 Testing for the Cell and Gene Meeting on the Mesa - WSAW - October 5th, 2021
- Researching the Safety and Effectiveness of Stem Cells to Treat 'Long Covid' - Entrepreneur - October 5th, 2021
- Global Hemoglobinopathies Markets, 2021-2028 - High Unmet Needs / Increasing R&D Investment / Initiatives to Improve Disease Awareness -... - October 5th, 2021
- Faster healing of wounds can decrease pain and suffering and save lives - KY3 - October 5th, 2021
- Stanford neuroscientist's 'assembloids' pave the way for innovative brain research - Scope - October 5th, 2021
- Exosome therapeutic Market 2021 is Showing Impressive Growth by 2028 | Trends, Share, Size, Top Key Players Analysis and Forecast Research EcoChunk -... - October 5th, 2021
- BrainStorm to Present at the 2021 Cell & Gene Meeting on the Mesa - WWNY - October 5th, 2021
- Cell Based Assay & High Content Screening Market Report 2021: The Workhorse of the Pharmaceutical Industry is Becoming a Central Player in... - October 5th, 2021
- Advancing the Development of Innovative Veterinary Products - FDA.gov - October 5th, 2021
- Pharmaxis Cleared To Progress To Phase 2 Bone Marrow Cancer Trial - WBKO - October 5th, 2021
- $500K Grant Supports Research on Muscle Growth in Pigs, With Broader Health Implications - Maryland Today - July 22nd, 2021
- EU approves bluebird bio's CALD gene therapy Skysona - PMLiVE - July 22nd, 2021
- Secrets and pies: the battle to get lab-grown meat on the menu - The Guardian - July 22nd, 2021
- Biomedical Warming and Thawing Devices Market Revenue to Cross USD 308 Mn by 2027: Global Market Insights Inc. - Markets Insider - July 22nd, 2021
- A Recovery for All Of Us: New York City Invests $1 Billion in Life Sciences - Brooklyn Daily Eagle - July 22nd, 2021
- The growing global "infodemic" around stem cell therapies - Axios - June 25th, 2021
- NanoString Launches nCounter Stem Cell Characterization Panel to Advance the Development of Stem Cell Therapy - Yahoo Finance - June 25th, 2021
- Catalent to Acquire RheinCell Therapeutics, Strengthening a Path Towards Industrialization of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-based Therapies - Yahoo... - June 25th, 2021
- Immusoft Announces Formation of Scientific Advisory Board - Business Wire - June 25th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics and Aruvant Announce Research Collaboration to Study JSP191, an Antibody-Based Conditioning Agent, with ARU-1801, a Novel Gene... - June 25th, 2021
- Gamida Cell Announces Publication in Blood, the Journal of the American Society of Hematology, of the First Pivotal Trial to Evaluate a Cell Therapy... - June 25th, 2021
- More than 800 medicines are in development for diseases that disproportionately affect racial and ethnic communities - PRNewswire - June 25th, 2021
- Andrs Garca Receives Distinguished Professor Award | Research - Research Horizons - June 25th, 2021
- Local foundation awards $1.25 million to MIND Institute to study rare genetic condition - UC Davis Health - June 25th, 2021
- MeCP2 is a microsatellite binding protein that protects CA repeats from nucleosome invasion - Science Magazine - June 25th, 2021
- The Stem Cell Manufacturing market is projected to reach USD 18.0 billion by 2026 from USD - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces New Clinical Trial with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases to Evaluate JSP191 in Chronic... - May 28th, 2021
- Global Flow Cytometry Market (2020 to 2026) - by Technology, Product and Service, Application, End-user and Geography - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - May 28th, 2021
- Meso-Brain project explores 3D printed stem cells to treat neurological conditions - 3D Printing Industry - May 28th, 2021
- Moderna Highlights Advances in Platform Science and Innovative Vaccine Research at Fourth Annual Science Day - Business Wire - May 28th, 2021
- GPB Scientific Announces Additional Growth Financing to Support Commercialization of Curate Cell Processing System for Next-Generation Cell & Gene... - May 28th, 2021
- TScan Therapeutics Adds to Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors - BioSpace - May 28th, 2021
- Bone Therapeutics Provides First Quarter 2021 Business Update - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- Merakris Therapeutics, Inc. Announces FDA Clearance for - GlobeNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market 2021 | Research With Size, Growth, Manufacturers, Key Segment, Analysis, Development Status, Segments and 2027... - February 19th, 2021
- Tissue regeneration: Reserve or reverse? - Science Magazine - February 19th, 2021
- Global Scaffold Technology Market Is Expected to Reach USD 2.16 billion by 2028 : Fior Markets - GlobeNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Recombinant Growth Factors to Account for Over 45% of Overall Demand through 2031: Persistence Market Research - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- The Untapped Potential of Cell and Gene Therapy - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - February 19th, 2021
- Century Therapeutics Significantly Expands Capabilities with New Operational, Laboratory and Manufacturing Facilities in Pennsylvania and New Jersey -... - February 19th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Processing Market To Grow Value $12062 Million By 2026 | Latest Research Report - PharmiWeb.com - February 19th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 | Demand and Scope with Outlook, Business Strategies, Challenges and Forecasts to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 19th, 2021
- Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market: Increased development of monoclonal antibodies and improved healthcare to drive the market - BioSpace - February 19th, 2021
- Iterion Therapeutics Secures $17 Million to Advance Development of Tegavivint in Multiple Tumor Settings - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Estimated To Expand At A Robust CAGR By 2027||Promega, Abcam plc, Research And Diagnostic Systems, Inc., Sartorius AG,... - February 19th, 2021
- Tibidabo Scientific Industries Strengthens its Core Executive Team with the Appointment of Industry Veteran, John LaViola as Chief Technology Officer... - February 19th, 2021
- Global Cell Expansion Market Value Projected to Expand by 2021-2026 | Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., GE Healthcare, Lonza Group Ltd., Becton,... - February 19th, 2021
- How Irish medtech came to thrive - Med-Tech Innovation - February 19th, 2021
- Translational Regenerative Medicine Market: Immunotherapy is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period - BioSpace - February 11th, 2021
- Ensoma Launches to Pioneer Next-Generation In Vivo Approach to Deliver First Off-the-shelf Genomic Medicines - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Notch Therapeutics Closes $85 Million Series A Financing to Develop Pipeline of Renewable Stem Cell-Derived Cancer Immunotherapies - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Global Biopreservation Market Is Expected to Reach USD 7.67 Billion by 2028 : Fior Markets - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Apollomics, Inc. and Iterion Therapeutics Announce Exclusive Collaboration and License Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Tegavivint in Greater... - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Revenue, Key Players, Supply-Demand, Investment Feasibility and Forecast By 2029: Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive, Chiesi... - February 11th, 2021
- 2020 Outlook on the Global Singlecell Technology Industry - Market Size was Over $800 Million in 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Cryopreservation Equipments Market Size Report: Strategies of Key Manufacturers, Project Investment of New Industries: Chart, Worthington... - February 11th, 2021
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Celebrates 20 Years of Innovation in Cancer Treatment and Care - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Outlook on the CRISPR Gene Editing Global Market to 2030 - Analysis and Forecasts - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Researchers curb local immune response in horses receiving stem cell injury therapy - Horsetalk - February 7th, 2021
- Biobanking Market Report Research and Global Outlook 2021 to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - February 7th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market By Product Type (Dogs, Horses) And By End-Users/Application (Veterinary Hospitals, Research Organizations) Market... - February 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Assay Market Share, Demand, Manufacturers and Forecast till 2027 | Merck & Co., Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare, Agilent... - February 6th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Of 11.10% By 2027||Abcam plc, Research And Diagnostic Systems, Inc., Sartorius AG, Biotium,... - February 6th, 2021
- Jill Biden signals White House resolve on cancer research: This is the fight of our lives - The Cancer Letter - February 6th, 2021
- Tiny sensor technique reveals cellular forces involved in tissue generation - Brown University - February 6th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements Directory 2020: Company AZ, Headline Value, Stage of Development at Signing, Deal Component Type,... - February 6th, 2021
- Perales Examines the Impact of COVID-19 on Recipients of Cellular Therapies for Cancer - OncLive - February 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Market is Expected to Grow with an Impressive CAGR till 2027 | Players Vcanbio, Boyalife, Beikebiotech KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU... - February 6th, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine Market to be Valued at USD 6.49 Billion by 2027 | The Escalating Burden of Chronic Diseases and Genetic Aberrations will be the... - February 4th, 2021
- Turn Biotechnologies Expands the Potential of its mRNA Platform by Licensing Unique Artificial Niche Technology - PRNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Evotec and Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf Enter Partnership to Develop iPSC-Based Tissue Therapy for Heart Failure - Yahoo Finance UK - February 4th, 2021
- Biobanks Market | Prominent Factors Analysis that will Help in Reshaping the Market Growth - BioSpace - February 4th, 2021
- Alexion Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results - BioSpace - February 4th, 2021
- Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market 2020 Size, Share, Analysis, Growth Driver and Industry Segments by 2027 KSU | The... - February 4th, 2021
- Transfection Technologies Market Size 2020 | Global Business Strategies, Growing CAGR of 20.0%, Industry Revenue, Opportunities-Aldrich Co Thermo... - February 4th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Report 2020: Apoptosis Assay Kits Lead the Demand with 42.5% Share - Forecast to 2026 - GlobeNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Global Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market 2020 Industry Scenario, Strategies, Growth Factors and Forecast to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 4th, 2021
- Mustang Bio Provides Updates on its Lentiviral Gene Therapies for the Treatment of X-linked Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (XSCID) - GlobeNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Medexus Pharmaceuticals and medac GmbH enter into a License Agreement for First-in-Class Conditioning Agent for Hematopoietic Stem Cell... - February 4th, 2021