About Conference STEMGEN 2019
12thAnnual Conference on Stem Cell and Gene Therapywhich is going to be held onMarch 11-12, 2019inBali, Indonesiaprovides a great opportunity to network with the world-class researchers in the fields of Stem Cells, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Medical Research, Biotechnology. This social gathering warmly welcomes Presidents, CEO's, Delegates and present day experts from the field of Gene therapy and Public well-being and other pertinent organization positions to take an interest in these Keynote Talks, Sessions Talks and B2B networking.StemGen 2019will also have a wide range of showcase of collaborators, exhibitors to explore. This global meeting gives the chance to Molecular Biologist, Gene & Cell Therapists, Young Researchers and students throughout the world to assemble and take in the most recent advances in the field of Stem Cell and Gene Therapy and to trade innovative thoughts and encounters.
With individuals from all around the globe concentrated on findings of Stem Cells and Gene Therapy and its advances; this is the best chance to achieve the largest gathering of members from the Stem Cell and Gene Therapy research groups. Lead introductions, circulate data, meet with present and potential researchers.
Gene Therapy Scientists
Stem Cell Researchers
Emeritus and Academic professors
Stem Cell research students
Drug Manufacturing Companies
Stem cell Developers and Investigators
Stem cells are those which are undifferentiated at the biological level and have an ability to divide to produce many stem cells. They can be found in multicellular living organisms. In mammals, there are two broad types of stem cells: Embryonic and Adult stem cells. Embryonic Stem cells are also known as pluripotent stem cells isolated from the inner cell mass of blastocysts, where Adult stem cells are found in various tissues. The main function of stem cells and progenitor cells is to act as a repair system for the body, replenishing adult tissue. Epigenetics is the study of changes in organisms caused by modification of gene expression rather than alteration of the genetic code itself. Epigenetic modifications are reversible modifications on a cells DNA that affect gene expression without altering the sequence of DNA. Epigenetic modifications play an important role in gene expression and regulation and are involved in numerous cellular processes such as in differentiation or development and tumorigenesis. Epigenetics is a study on a global level and through the adaptation of genomic high-throughput assays.
The anatomical region where stem cells are found in a shallow recess is referred to a stem-cell niche. It refers to a microenvironment with reference to the in vivo or in vitro stem cells; they even interact with stem cells to regulate cell fate. Various niche factors act on embryonic stem cells to induce their proliferation or differentiation for the development of the fetus and in altering the gene expression during the embryonic development. In the human body, stem cells maintain the adult stem cells in a dormancy state, but during the tissue injury, it actively signals to stem cells to promote either self-renewal or differentiation to form a new tissue.
Track 3:BioBanking & Tissue Preservation:
Bioprocessing is a technology used for transferring the current laboratory-based practice of stem cell tissue culture to the clinical research as therapeutics necessitates for the application of engineering principles and practices to achieve control, automation, safety, validation and reproducibility of the process and the product. Biobanks are the type of biorepositories which collects, processes, stores and distributes biospecimens to support the future scientific investigation. This plays an important role in helping the researchers providing the background knowledge of the subject. In order to preserve tissues and cells collected for scientific purposes, a number of important techniques and protocols must be utilized. Moreover, the predominant methods in widespread use, cryopreservation, and hypothermic storage have shortcomings in application and assessment.
Scaffolds are of great importance in clinical medicine. It is an upcoming field and usually associated with conditions involving organ disease or failure. It is used to rebuild organs and return normal function. Stem cells along with regenerative medicine can be used to create Scaffolds in the human body. Tissue regeneration is a branch of Regenerative medicine which deals with the study of regrowth or repair of the damaged or lost tissues in response to the injury. Non-injured tissues by default have expanded cells in the formation over time, but the new cells formed in response to the injury replaces the expanded cells in closing up the wounded site leaving a scar mark on the skin. For example, an injured cell is regenerated in 4-5 weeks, whereas a non-injured cell regenerates in just 3-4 days.
The process of replacing tissues or organs, engineering or regenerating human cells to restore or establish normal function is generally termed as Regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine is a branch of Translational Research in the areas of tissue engineering and molecular biology. Regenerative medicine stimulates the bodys own repair mechanisms to engineer the damaged tissues and organs.
3D printing is a 3-dimensional printing machine which gives the information of a 2D image in the form of a 3D object. The layer of materials to form a 3D object is controlled by the computer by providing geometry of the object. 3D Bioprinting aids Tissue Engineering by providing an in-depth information of the image and structure analysis of the image, which helps in solving the critical problems. Bio-fabrication is referred to the production of artificial tissues or organs to address health challenges in medicine. It often uses the principle of 3D Bioprinting to form cells, gels, and fibers into an organ.
Stem cell therapy is the use of stem cells to treat/prevent a disease.The bone-marrow transplant is the most widely used stem-cell therapy, but some therapies derived from umbilical cord blood are also in use. Research is underway to develop various sources for stem cells, as well as to apply stem-cell treatments for neurodegenerative diseases and conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. The most well-established and widely used stem cell treatment is the transplantation of blood stem cells to treat diseases and conditions of the blood and immune system or to restore the blood system after treatments for specific cancers.
Track 8:Stem Cell Transplantation and Biomaterials:
Stem cell transplantation also referred to as bone marrow transplant, in which unhealthy blood-forming cells replace with healthy cells. A procedure in which a patient receives healthy stem cells to replace their own cells destroyed by disease or high doses of anticancer drugs or by the radiation that are given as part of the procedure. The healthy stem cells may come from the bone marrow of the patient, blood, from a donor or from the umbilical cord blood. A stem cell transplant may be autologous, allogeneic or syngeneic. Many researchers are working to improve stem cell transplantation procedures to make it an option for patients.
Self-reestablishment and multiplication of foundational microorganism populaces are controlled, to some degree, by the affectation of apoptosis. Apoptosis of stem cells is a dynamic process which changes accordingly to the response to environmental conditions. The number of stem cells is always balanced between the lost through differentiation and to the gained through proliferation. Self-renewal and multiplication are controlled to some degree by the affectation of apoptosis. Because of natural conditions apoptosis of immature microorganisms is accepted to be dynamic.
It has been stated that stem cells have an ability to produce a large number of cells which in turn helps in forming the destroyed tissue or an organ. In contrast, stem cells can also be aided in repairing the damaged organs, in which the mechanism carries out in two different options: support mechanism and replace option. The support mechanism of the stem cell is regeneration or the regrowth of the tissue or organ cells avoiding detrimental fibrosis. The replace option of the stem cell is to transplant the stem cell.
Injury or sickness of individuals makes their cells to die or dysfunctional. Aging is the demonstration of the internal depletion of stem cells. It shows that human beings could not without stem cells. For a diverse group of treatment purpose, adult stem cells can be used. Adult Stem cell resides in-vivo in the form of self- renewing pools & helps in repairing/replacement of damaged tissues over the survival of the organism.
Nanotechnology is the branch of technology that deals with small things that are less 100 nm in size. Here, to tackle the position of stem cells for some biotherapeutic applications we need to work at the size scales of molecules & processes that govern stem cells fate. Nanotechnology and Nanoscience offer immense benefits to humans with an effective amalgamation of nanotechnology & stem cells.
Gene Therapy is used to treat inherited Muscular disorder, cardiovascular disorder, HIV, cancer etc. In stem cell transplants, stem cells replace cells damaged by chemotherapy or disease or as a way for the donor's immune system to provoke immunity against some types of cancer and blood-related diseases, such as leukemia. Cellular Therapy is internationally recognized for its novel approaches in treating blood-related disorders like leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and other life-threatening diseases. The stem cell transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCT) in which the allogeneic hematopoietic stem cells are harvested from healthy donors of same species and autologous stem cell from the patient itself. Both therapies use high dosage cytotoxic medication in order to induce higher remission rates against malignant diseases. Autologous HSCT preferably used in relapsed malignant high-grade lymphoma and Allogeneic HSCT preferred for therapeutic effect against acute leukemia with unfavorable prognosis in a high percentage of patients. The Recent developments based on the expansion of the donor pool for allogeneic stem cells in order to reduce dosage as well as the chemotherapeutic toxicity of allogeneic transplantation with sustainable anti-leukemia efficacy.
Classical methods of gene therapy include transfection. It became inefficient and limited mainly due to the delivery of the gene into actively proliferating cell s in-vitro. Gene therapy utilizes the delivery of DNA into cells by means of vectors such as biological in-vitro or viral vectors and non-viral methods. Several kinds of viruses vectors used in gene therapy are the retrovirus, adeno-associated virus, and herpes simplex virus. While other recombinant viral vector systems have been developed, retroviral vectors remain the most popular vector system for gene therapy protocols and widest application due to their historical significance as the first vectors developed for efficient gene therapy application and the infancy of the field of gene therapy.
Track 15: Genome Editing Technology:
Genome editing technology deals with engineered nucleases and it is the emerging type of genetic engineering. it is the technology in which the DNA is inserted, deleted or replaced in the genome. The emergence of highly versatile genome-editing technologies has provided investigators with the ability to rapidly and economically introduce sequence-specific modifications into the genomes of a broad spectrum of cell types and organisms. It also promotes various changes in subcellular level genome editing itself also holds tremendous potential for treating the underlying various idiopathic genetic causes of certain diseases. The core technologies now most commonly used techniques to facilitate genome editing are clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)-CRISPR-associated protein 9 (Cas9), transcription activator-like effector nucleases (TALENs), zinc-finger nucleases (ZFNs), and homing endonucleases or mega-nucleases.
Tissue engineering is the combinational usage of cells, engineering, materials methods, suitable biochemical and physicochemical factors in order to improve or replace the infected biological tissues. The field includes the development of materials, devices, techniques to detect and differentiate disease states, the treatment response, aid tissue healing, precisely deliver treatments to tissues or cells, signal early changes in health status, and provide implantable bioartificial replacement organs for recover or establish of healthy tissue. Techniques developed here identify and detect biomarkers of disease sub-types, progression, and treatment response, from tissue imaging, gene testing and gene analysis, that aid the more rapid development of new treatments and guide their clinical applications in treating the disorder. It includes the usage of computational modeling, bioinformatics, and quantitative pharmacology to integrate data from diverse experimental and clinical sources to discover new drugs and specific drug targets, as well as to design more efficient and informative preclinical, clinical safety and efficacy studies.
Therapeutics is the branch of science dealing with the application of remedies of diseases. Moving on to the gene therapeutics it is the medicine which we develop a remedy for a disease through the genetic material. Advanced gene therapeutics is a medicine we use the drugs to treat a disease by developing dosage forms to optimize drug action, underpin new formulations that target molecules spatially within the body, enhance the bioequivalence of poorly soluble drugs and biologics, and improve patient experience and compliance
Infectious diseases remain a leading cause of deaths globally. Scientific models are utilized to comprehend the transmission of infections. The applications incorporate deciding ideal control approaches against new or treating infections, such as swine flu, Ebola, HIV, Zika, malaria, and tuberculosis. It can be used to predict the impact of vaccination strategies against common infections such as rubella and measles. The process of research or discovery of a medicine for a disease is generally called as drug discovery. In contrast, patient-specific drug discovery is a process of inventing a drug by considering the pros and cons and the anatomical conditions of the patient. The general medicine is discovered on the basis of the active ingredient from traditional remedies or serendipitous discovery. It can also be referred to as personalized medicine, which separates patients into different categories.
The world trade market for cell and gene-based therapies is expected to greater than the $20 billion USD mark by 2025, with an annual growth rate of 21%. The main targets for cell-based therapies are high impact disease areas with significant incurable needs, including cancer, heart disease, neurodegenerative diseases, musculoskeletal disorders, and autoimmune diseases gene therapies should then not be rushed to market but companies should gather the required data about the impact of therapy in human community with the appropriate duration of follow-up to allow proper evaluation by payers.
Clinical trials on gene therapy products are often varying from the clinical trials design for other types of pharmaceutical products. The differences in trial design are necessitated by the distinctive features of these products. The clinical trials also reflect previous clinical experience and evidence of medicine. Early experiences with products indicate that some Gene Therapy products may pose substantial risks to subjects due to the effect at the cellular and genetic level. The design of early-phase clinical trials of Gene therapy products often involves the following consideration of clinical safety issues, preclinical issues, and chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC) issues that are encountered.
Stem Regenerative 2018
Stem Regenerative 2018,hosted byConference Serieswere successfully held during October 15-16, 2018 in Helsinki, Finland. The conference highlighted the theme Cell in Progress: Exploring Regenerative medicine through Stem Cells.
The conference was a congregation of eminent speakers from various reputed organizations with their paramount talks enlightening the gathering.
Conference Serieshosted a diverse panel of key members of the Stem Cells community from Academia, Research lab, Eminent Scientist, Scholar Students to discuss the theme of the conference, approaches to predict, control and relieve. This event was aimed to exchange ideas and experience across a variety of topics that cover the latest insights in important aspects of Regenerative Medicine, Diseases and Stem Cell Treatment, Cell and Organ Regeneration and Viral Gene Therapies, other approaches such as Bioengineering Therapeutics and Advanced Gene Therapeutics and updates on Stem Cells field.
The conference witnessed an amalgamation of peerless speakers, who enlightened the crowd with their enviable research knowledge and on various alluring workshops related to the field of physiotherapy, carried out through various scientific-sessions and plenary lectures.
The highlights of the meeting were the Keynote lectures by:
Dr.Richard G Pestell, Pennsylvania Cancer and Regenerative Medicine Center, USA
Title:Cancer stem cells (CSC), genetic drivers and therapeutic targeting via CCR5
Dr.Frederic Michon, University of Helsinki, Finland
Title:Nature and origin of the signals supporting corneal wound healing
Dr.Joel I Osorio, Westhill University School of Medicine, Mexico
Title:RegenerAge system: Therapeutic effects of combinatorial biologics (mRNA and allogenic MSCs) with a spinal cord stimulation system on a patient with spinal cord section
We sincerely thank our moderator Dr.Suvodip Chakrabarty, India. We would also like to thank all the session chairs and co-chairs for helping us in smooth functioning of the sessions.
We extend our grateful thanks to all the momentous speakers like
Richard G Pestell, Pennsylvania Cancer and Regenerative Medicine Center, USA
Joel I Osorio, Westhill University School of Medicine, Mexico
Azel Zine, Montpellier University, France
Our sincere appreciation to Bio-Lamina. Louise Hagbard, for their tireless efforts at the conference.
11thAnnual Conference on Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine during October 15-16, 2018 Helsinki, Finland was a great success with the support of International Multi-professional Steering Committee and coordinated by Journal of Stem Cell Research & Therapy,Journal of Transplantation Technologies & ResearchandJournal of Genetic Syndromes & Gene Therapy
We are obliged to various delegate experts, institutes and other eminent personalities who actively took part in the discussion and meetings. We sincerely thank the Organizing Committee Members for their gracious presence and continuous support towards the success of Stem Regenerative 2018 Conference.
With the unique feedbacks from the conference,Conference Serieswould like to announce the commencement of the 12thAnnual Conference on Stem Cell and Gene Therapy March 11-12, 2019 in Bali, Indonesia.
Read more from the original source:
Stem Cell Conferences | Regenerative Medicine Meetings |Gene ...
- WindMIL Therapeutics and University of California, Irvine Announce Collaboration to Collect Bone Marrow from Patients with Gliomas to Develop Marrow... - October 15th, 2019
- Cell therapy startup raises $16 million to fund its quest for the Holy Grail in regenerative medicine - Endpoints News - October 15th, 2019
- Some cases of SIDS may have this genetic cause - Futurity: Research News - October 15th, 2019
- More Studies Needed to Assess Effects of Cord Blood Transplants in CP, Review Finds - Cerebral Palsy News Today - October 15th, 2019
- Roche vice-chair: Let's repair the damage that short-term profit drive has done to the planet - Endpoints News - October 15th, 2019
- Gene Expression Market to Reach USD 11.37 Billion by 2026 | Reports and Data - P&T Community - October 15th, 2019
- Qrons Granted Exclusive World-Wide License by Dartmouth College for Intellectual Property Related to 3D Printable Materials in Human and Animal Health... - October 15th, 2019
- Nobel Prizes in Cell Biology Over the Years - Technology Networks - October 13th, 2019
- BEYOND LOCAL: Expert recommends 'path of cautious optimism' about the future of stem cell treatment - ElliotLakeToday.com - October 11th, 2019
- Fred Hutch scientist on how gold nanoparticles could bring CRISPR to the developing world - GeekWire - October 11th, 2019
- Recognizing the LGBTQ+ community at Stanford: "We should be a beacon" - Scope - October 11th, 2019
- Sequencing Method that Maps Breast Cell Differentiation Provides Insight to Cancer Development - Clinical OMICs News - October 11th, 2019
- The 2019 Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded for research in cellular responses to oxygen - World Socialist Web Site - October 11th, 2019
- Translational Regenerative Medicine Market Estimated to Expand at a Robust CAGR over 2017 2025 - Online News Guru - October 11th, 2019
- Faculty Highlights: Recent Grants and Awards | Now - Drexel Now - October 11th, 2019
- The Aesthetic Medicine Congress to bring trends in plastic surgery to Dubrovnik - The Dubrovnik Times - October 11th, 2019
- Researchers to educate the public with Stem Cell Awareness Day - News 12 Bronx - October 9th, 2019
- To Find Therapies for COPD, Other Disorders, Researcher Awarded $7.5M - COPD News Today - October 9th, 2019
- Drug candidate identified to starve and suffocate breast cancer stem cells - Health Europa - October 9th, 2019
- Spotlight interview: 15 minutes on medical and scientific writing - PMLiVE - October 9th, 2019
- Novel Cell Sorting and Separation Markets, 2030 - P&T Community - October 9th, 2019
- AVROBIO Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase 1/2 Trial of Gene Therapy for Cystinosis - BioSpace - October 9th, 2019
- Exosome Training Now Being Offered at the R3 Stem Cell Training Course - Yahoo Finance - September 30th, 2019
- How growing mini human hearts is advancing precision medicine, drug discovery - The Sociable - September 30th, 2019
- Synthetic networks with tunable responsiveness, biodegradation, and molecular recognition for precision medicine applications - Science Advances - September 30th, 2019
- Adipose Tissue-derived Stem Cells Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2018 2028 - Commerce Gazette - September 24th, 2019
- Gene Therapy For Beta-Thalassemia: Updated Perspectives | TACG - Dove Medical Press - September 24th, 2019
- Brain tumors form synapses with healthy neurons, Stanford-led study finds - Stanford Medical Center Report - September 24th, 2019
- Suntanner, Heal Thyself: Exosome Therapy May Enable Better Repair of Sun, Age-Damaged Skin - NC State News - September 24th, 2019
- Stem Cell Assay Market Expected to Secure Notable Revenue Share During 2019-2027 - Commerce Gazette - September 24th, 2019
- Global Bio-Banks Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2017-2026) By Type, Product,Application,Analysis,and Region. - OnYourDesks - September 24th, 2019
- Translational Regenerative Medicine Market : 2024 Shares, Trend and Growth - Bee Tribune - September 24th, 2019
- Greek Woman's Claim to Be Scientist Refuted by NASA - The National Herald - September 24th, 2019
- Next generation sequencing for cancer precision medicine - Drug Target Review - September 24th, 2019
- Engineered killer T cells could provide long-lasting immunity against cancer - Mirage News - September 24th, 2019
- Anti-Aging Medicine Market Analysis, Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to2018 2026 - Analytics News - September 24th, 2019
- New Progress in Stem-Cell-Free Regenerative Medicine - May 26th, 2019
- The Stem Cell Theory of Cancer | Ludwig Center | Stanford ... - May 26th, 2019
- 10 talks on the future of stem cell medicine | TED Blog - March 23rd, 2019
- Ansary Stem Cell Institute | Department of Medicine - March 10th, 2019
- PRP vs. Stem Cell Therapy in Medicine | NSI Stem Cell - March 9th, 2019
- Top Stem Cell Conferences | Stem Cell Research 2019 ... - March 8th, 2019
- Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplant | Weill Cornell Medicine - March 7th, 2019
- Stem Cell | Regenerative medicine | 2019 | Conference ... - January 29th, 2019
- Original Medicine Wellness Center - Functional Medicine ... - January 28th, 2019
- Stem Cell Medicine Licenses Exosome Technology for ... - January 11th, 2019
- Stem Cell Medicine | Murdoch Children's Research Institute - November 30th, 2018
- FAQs - Ocean Springs, MS - Gulf Coast Stem Cell ... - November 14th, 2018
- Hematopoietic stem cell - Wikipedia - November 14th, 2018
- Stem Cell Conferences | Regenerative Medicine Conferences ... - November 12th, 2018
- Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine Conferences 2018 Zurich ... - November 2nd, 2018
- Biologic Stem Cell Medicine and Therapy | RestorePDX - November 1st, 2018
- Stem Cell Therapy NYC, Regenerative Medicine Injections ... - July 11th, 2018
- Stem Cell Therapy San Antonio TX | Alternative ... - October 12th, 2017
- Human skin cells transformed directly into motor neurons - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - September 8th, 2017
- Cambridge Enterprise and Qkine to drive stem cell and regenerative medicine research - Business Weekly - September 2nd, 2017
- FDA announces actions regarding stem cell treatments - Lexology (registration) - September 1st, 2017
- Six Japanese arrested over medical treatments using blood taken from umbilical cords, which are popular with Chinese ... - South China Morning Post - September 1st, 2017
- In utero stem cell transplants may replace riskier childhood transplants for multiple conditions - Medical Xpress - August 31st, 2017
- Human Stem Cells Fight Parkinson's Disease in Monkeys - Scientific American - August 31st, 2017
- Puppies benefit from stem cell treatment for children with spina bifida - University of California - August 31st, 2017
- Why Doug Baldwin went to England for stem-cell therapy - The News Tribune (blog) - August 29th, 2017
- FDA moves to curb dangerous stem cell clinics - Philly.com - August 29th, 2017
- Stem Cell Treatment Helps Puppies With Spina Bifida - Technology Networks - August 29th, 2017
- US FDA steps up scrutiny of stem cell therapies - Reuters - August 29th, 2017
- ICMR's stem cell research guidelines soon to be released - ETHealthworld.com - August 29th, 2017
- Stem cell treatment for children with spina bifida helps dogs first - Phys.Org - August 25th, 2017
- 'Beating Heart' Patch Offers New Hope for Desperately Ill Patients - NBCNews.com - August 25th, 2017
- Yeargan Uses Patients Own Cells To Heal - Greater Wilmington Business Journal - August 25th, 2017
- State's Stem Cell Agency Awards $18.2 Million Grant for B Cell Cancer Clinical Trial - UC San Diego Health - August 25th, 2017
- Researcher Seeks to Unravel the Brain's Genetic Tapestry to Tackle Rare Disorder - University of Virginia - August 23rd, 2017
- Mouse Model of Human Immune System Inadequate for Stem Cell Studies - Technology Networks - August 23rd, 2017
- Mouse model of human immune system inadequate for stem cell ... - Medical Xpress - August 22nd, 2017
- Stem Cell Treatments for Lung Diseases Advance - Healthline - Healthline - August 22nd, 2017
- UTMB lung experiment flies into space - Austin American-Statesman - August 22nd, 2017
- These Six Startups From Y Combinator's Demo Day 1 Are Ready to Transform Our World - Futurism - August 22nd, 2017
- Novel stem cell-derived model created of inflammatory neurological disorder - Medical Xpress - August 10th, 2017
- Test results after stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma can ... - Medical Xpress - August 10th, 2017
- Are Stem Cell Companies Abusing ClinicalTrials.gov? - PLoS Blogs (blog) - August 10th, 2017
- Okyanos Center for Regenerative Medicine to Hold Stem Cell Symposium in Freeport - Benzinga - August 9th, 2017