August 8, 2017 Stem Cells and Development is dedicated to communication and objective analysis of developments in the biology, characteristics, and therapeutic utility of stem cells, especially those of the hematopoietic system. Credit: Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers
Researchers have demonstrated the ability to generate dopaminergic neurons in the laboratory from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) derived from fibroblast cells of adult marmoset monkeys. This new study, documenting the iPSCs' pluripotent properties and the potential for using this animal model to develop regenerative medicine approaches for dopamine-related disorders such as Parkinson's disease, is published in Stem Cells and Development.
Marina Emborg, MD, PhD and colleagues from University of Wisconsin-Madison coauthored the article entitled "Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Dopaminergic Neurons from Adult Common Marmoset Fibroblasts." The researchers reported that the marmoset fibroblast-derived iPSCs could differentiate into all three embryonic cell lineages: mesoderm, ectoderm, and endoderm. When stimulated to pattern themselves as neurons, the iPSCs expressed genes and other biomarkers consistent with a dopaminergic phenotype.
"This important study advances the marmoset as a model for Parkinson's disease, for the first time deriving a line from the adult marmoset," says Editor-in-Chief Graham C. Parker, PhD, The Carman and Ann Adams Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI.
Explore further: Stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons rescue motor defects in Parkinsonian monkeys
More information: Scott C. Vermilyea et al, Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Dopaminergic Neurons from Adult Common Marmoset Fibroblasts, Stem Cells and Development (2017). DOI: 10.1089/scd.2017.0069
Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system that is characterized by tremors, rigidity, slowness of movement, and difficulty walking. It is caused by loss of the neurons that produce the neurotransmitter ...
Highly valuable for modeling human diseases and discovering novel drugs and cell-based therapies, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) are created by reprogramming an adult cell from a patient to obtain patient-specific ...
Researchers have shown that following a stroke-induced ischemic injury to the human brain, stem cells are produced that have the potential to differentiate and mature to form neurons that can help repair the damage to the ...
Induced pluripotent stem cells (IPSCs) hold great promise in regenerative medicine, personalized medicine and drug discovery. However, while avoiding the ethical controversies associated with embryonic stem cells, they carry ...
A new study demonstrates that iPSC have the potential to differentiate into multiple lineages of functional lymphocytes, including CD4+ T cells, B cells, and natural killer cells, without bias. The ability to generate truly ...
New Rochelle, NY, June 23, 2016 -Replacing dopamine-producing cells in the brain represents a promising therapeutic approach in Parkinson's disease, and a new study shows how post-transplantation gamma-ray irradiation can ...
Biologically speaking, nearly every species on Earth has two opposite sexes, male and female. But with some fungi and other microbes, sex can be a lot more complicated. Some members of Cryptococcus, a family of fungus linked ...
Scientists at the Universities of Oslo and Liverpool have uncovered the secret behind a goldfish's remarkable ability to produce alcohol as a way of surviving harsh winters beneath frozen lakes.
(Phys.org)A team of researchers with the University of Pennsylvania has uncovered the means by which squid eyes are able to adjust to underwater light distortion. In their paper published in the journal Science, the group ...
The gene-editing technology called CRISPR has revolutionized the way that the function of genes is studied. So far, CRISPR has been widely used to precisely modify single-celled organisms and, more importantly, specific types ...
While hundreds of circular RNAs (circRNAs) are abundant in mammalian brains, one big question has remained unanswered: What are they actually good for? In the current issue of Science, Nikolaus Rajewsky and his team at the ...
In the cells of palm trees, humans, and some single-celled microorganisms, DNA gets bent the same way. Now, by studying the 3-D structure of proteins bound to DNA in microbes called Archaea, University of Colorado Boulder ...
Adjust slider to filter visible comments by rank
Display comments: newest first
My husband is 80 years and has been suffering from PD for the past 15 years. Lately he started hallucinating and I didn't know how to handle the situation. He cannot sleep and tried to find and catch the imaginary people who he thinks are real. he was taken Entacapone with Levodopa, Carbidopa, and Pramipexole and started physical therapy to strengthen muscles. nothing was really working to help his condition.I took him off the Siferol (with the doctor's knowledge) and started him on parkinson's herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, his symptoms totally declined over a 5 weeks use of the Parkinsons disease natural herbal formula.i read reviews from other previous patients who used the herbal formula, my husband is now active, he can now go about daily exercise!! his symptoms so much reduced that now I hardly notice them.Visit there website www. healthherbalclinic. net or email Info@ healthherbalclinic. net
Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more
See the article here:
Dopaminergic neurons derived from iPSCs in non-human primate model - Phys.Org
- Study: Heart Problems in SMA May Be Tied to Calcium Dysregulation - SMA News Today - May 25th, 2020
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Market is Expected to Garner USD 14745.7 Million by The End of 2024 By Recording a CAGR of 4.8% (Impact Analysis... - May 20th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPS Cell) Applications in 2020 - May 16th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 16th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market 2020: Growing Tends ... - May 16th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Shows Promise in Parkinson's - MedPage Today - May 14th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 14th, 2020
- Citius Announces Data on NoveCite Mesenchymal Stem Cells (NC-MSCs) to be Presented at the American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy (ASGCT) Annual... - May 14th, 2020
- Novel CAR NK-cell technology could lead to new treatments for lupus, other incurable diseases - Stockhouse - May 14th, 2020
- 2020 Insights on the Worldwide Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Industry - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 12th, 2020
- Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult links with Japan's CiRA Foundation - PharmaTimes - May 12th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Market 2020 | Growth Drivers, Challenges, Trends, Market Dynamics and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 9th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Overview With Detailed Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast to 2026 - Weekly Wall - May 9th, 2020
- Mogrify strikes deal with US biopharma Sangamo Therapeutics - Cambridge Independent - April 28th, 2020
- How could Covid-19 and the body's immune response affect the brain? - MIT News - April 28th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- FDA Expediting Accelerated Development of Novel Therapies for COVID-19 - Yahoo Finance - April 28th, 2020
- GLOBAL TOOTH REGENERATION MARKET: INDUSTRY ANALYSIS AND FORECAST (2020-2027) - MR Invasion - April 28th, 2020
- Insights on the Cell Expansion Industry in North America to 2027 - by Product, Cell Type, Application, End-user and Country - Yahoo Finance - April 26th, 2020
- Induced pluripotent stem cells and CRISPR reversed diabetes in mice - Drug Target Review - April 24th, 2020
- Reversing diabetes with CRISPR and patient-derived stem cells - FierceBiotech - April 24th, 2020
- The integrated stress response: From mechanism to disease - Science Magazine - April 24th, 2020
- Diabetes reversed in mice with genetically edited stem cells derived from patients - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - April 23rd, 2020
- Business News: Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Growth, Analysis and Forecast 2020 to 2025 | BlueRock Therapeutics, Corning Life Sciences, EMD... - April 23rd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market: Industry Size, Market Status, Influencing Factors, Competition, Outlook & Forecasts to 2027 - Cole of Duty - April 23rd, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Analysis With Key Players, Applications, Trends And Forecasts To 2026 - Surfacing Magazine - April 21st, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market 2019 analysis, size, top companies, share, strategies and forecast to 2026 - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - April 21st, 2020
- Cell Therapies Can Revolutionize Treatment, Automation Needed to Scale Production - ENGINEERING.com - April 15th, 2020
- Lung epithelium model being tested as a platform for COVID-19 research - Drug Target Review - April 11th, 2020
- Fate Therapeutics' IO Collaboration with Janssen Could Yield Company $3 Billion - Clinical OMICs News - April 11th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Key Players, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Analysis And Forecast 2025 - Science In Me - April 9th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Market in 2020: Industry Overview on Global Size, Share, Future Trends, Segmentation, Demands, and Top Players... - April 9th, 2020
- Evotec Makes Move into Gene Therapy with Takeda... - Labiotech.eu - April 9th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Research Pros And Cons ... - April 2nd, 2020
- Evotec Expands Its IPSC-Based Cell Therapy Platform Evocells Through Licensing Agreement with panCella - Benzinga - April 2nd, 2020
- Citius Signs Option With Novellus To License Novel Stem-Cell Therapy For ARDS - Nasdaq - April 2nd, 2020
- Anti-IL-6 Monoclonal Antibodies as Antiarrhythmic Treatment for HF - The Cardiology Advisor - April 2nd, 2020
- A New NK Cell-based Immunotherapy For Cancer Treatment - Health News Today - March 24th, 2020
- Coriell Institute for Medical Research Awarded $8.6 Million Biobanking Contract from National Institute on Aging - Newswise - March 18th, 2020
- Stem cells to help the heart - Science Magazine - March 12th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Expected to Witness the Highest Growth 202 - ITResearchBrief.com - March 12th, 2020
- SpaceX Dragon cargo ship, the last to be caught by robot arm, arrives at space station - Space.com - March 11th, 2020
- Notice of Capital and Business Alliance between Heartseed and MEDIPAL HOLDINGS | DNA RNA and Cells | News Channels - PipelineReview.com - March 11th, 2020
- NanoSurface Bio Executes Exclusive License of Heart-on-Chip Technology Launched Into Space - Business Wire - March 9th, 2020
- Eye health: Testing the safety of stem cell therapy for age-related macular degeneration - Open Access Government - March 9th, 2020
- Despite Pro-Life Claims, Stem Cell Therapy Has Very Real Benefits and Should Be Accessible - Patheos - March 6th, 2020
- Little Tissue, Big Mission: Beating Heart Tissues to Ride Aboard The ISS - Newswise - March 4th, 2020
- SpaceX set to launch Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon capsule from Cape Canaveral this week - Florida Today - March 4th, 2020
- SpaceX Targeting March 6 for Launch of its 20th Resupply Mission to International Space Station | - SpaceCoastDaily.com - February 29th, 2020
- The European Bank of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: Five Years of Progress - Technology Networks - February 28th, 2020
- New study identifies trigger that turns dormant cancer stem cells into active ones - PR Web - February 26th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Market in 2020: Global Industry Size, Demand, Growth & Development, Trends, Insights and Forecast until... - February 25th, 2020
- Improving shoes, showers, 3D printing: research launching to the Space Station - Space Daily - February 21st, 2020
- Argentinian cultured meat supplier on its 'all-in-one' cell line: 'We offer cells that can grow fast and reduce costs' - FoodNavigator-Latam - February 20th, 2020
- Building a 'doomsday vault' to save the kangaroo and koala from extinction - CNET - February 19th, 2020
- Surge in the Adoption of Stem Cell-Derived Cells to Fuel the Growth of the Stem Cell-Derived Cells Market Through the Assessment Period 2019 2029 -... - February 17th, 2020
- Global Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market to Achieve more Profitability Ratio between 2020-2025 - Chronicle 99 - February 16th, 2020
- Cell-based meat in focus: In conversation with Meatable, Finless Foods, New Age Meats - FoodNavigator-USA.com - February 11th, 2020
- Research could be step toward lab-grown eggs and sperm to treat... - ScienceBlog.com - February 10th, 2020
- First dual stem cell therapy jointly developed by City University of Hong Kong brings new hope for cardiac repair - QS WOW News - February 10th, 2020
- Chromatin accessibility analysis reveals regulatory dynamics of developing human retina and hiPSC-derived retinal organoids - Science Advances - February 10th, 2020
- AgeX Therapeutics to Collaborate with University of California, Irvine on Neural Stem Cell Research Program for Huntingtons Disease and Other... - February 4th, 2020
- 2020 Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Study: Global Markets, Technologies, Applications and Companies - Yahoo Finance - February 2nd, 2020
- Can Parkinsons be prevented as it stealthily develops? - Big Think - February 2nd, 2020
- Unpicking the proteome in single cells - Science Magazine - February 2nd, 2020
- Kyoto University team gets OK from ministry for plan to transplant iPS-derived cartilage into knee joints - The Japan Times - January 25th, 2020
- The Kyoto University team's plan to transplant iPS cartilage into knee joints is OK - gotech daily - January 25th, 2020
- Get rid of the ache within the nerves discovered with the following pointers, learn - Sahiwal Tv - January 25th, 2020
- Astellas and Adaptimmune team up in CAR-T development - European Biotechnology - January 15th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Rising Demand for Digitization in Organizations and Growth till 2027 - Galus Australis - January 15th, 2020
- Allele and Astellas Enter into an Expanded License for the Development of iPSC Lines - Yahoo Finance - January 15th, 2020
- Researchers have managed to bio-print a functional mini-liver in 90 days - FLWL News - January 15th, 2020
- CYTOVIA Therapeutics and the New York Stem Cell Foundation Research Institute enter into a partnership to develop iPSC derived CAR NK Therapeutics -... - January 10th, 2020
- Stem Cells Market Segmentation and Analysis Report, 2025 - Food & Beverage Herald - January 10th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Robust Growth Counted to 2025 - Instanews247 - January 10th, 2020
- The Top Biotech Trends We'll Be Watching in 2020 - Singularity Hub - January 10th, 2020
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market Structure, Industry Inspection, and Forecast 2025 - Filmi Baba - December 28th, 2019
- Top Technical Advances of 2019 - The Scientist - December 24th, 2019
- The next 3D-printing craze? It could be functioning 'mini-livers' - Inverse - December 24th, 2019
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Market: Latest Innovations, Drivers and Industry Key Events 2016 2021 - Market Reports Observer - December 24th, 2019