Astros strike early
HOUSTON (AP) Its a battle of the bullpens tonight as the Houston Astros try to beat the New York Yankees and win their second American League pennant in three years.
The Astros struck immediately as Yuli Gurriel (YOO-lee gur-ee-EHL) smacked a three-run homer with two out in the first inning. Jose Altuve (al-TOO-vay) laced a one-out double and Alex Bregman kept the inning alive with a two-out walk before Gurriel went deep off Green.
Houston still led, 3-0 heading into the second inning.
Managers AJ Hinch and Aaron Boone plan to go with their relievers for Game 6. Brad Peacock started for Houston against Chad Green. Both teams had their pitching rotations disrupted by Wednesdays rainout, causing the two clubs to play four straight games.
New York sent the series back to Houston with last nights 4-1 game, a game in which neither team scored after the first inning. The Astros had won three straight since dropping the series opener, 7-0.
Game 7 would be tomorrow in Houston if necessary. Houston will start a fully-rested Gerrit Cole, who is 19-0 in 25 starts since a loss to the White Sox back on May 22. The Yankees will counter with Luis Severino, who was the losing pitcher against Cole and the Astros in Game 3.
Badgers stunned by Illini
UNDATED (AP) Unranked Illinois has authored one of the biggest top-25 upsets of the current college football season.
The Illini had been 2-5 overall and 0-3 in the Big Ten until James McCourt booted a 39-yard field as time expired to lift Illinois past sixth-ranked Wisconsin, 24-23. Tony Adams picked off a pass by Jack Coan at midfield with 2:33 remaining to spark the comeback.
Illinois entered the game as 30 -point underdogs against the Badgers, who never trailed in a game this season before squandering a nine-point lead over the final 9:46.
Heisman Trophy contender Jonathan Taylor rushed 28 times for 132 yards and one touchdown for Wisconsin, but he also had a fumble in Illinois territory in the fourth quarter to set up a 75-yard TD drive for the Illini.
In other Top 25 action:
Second-ranked LSU coasted to a 36-13 win over Mississippi State as Joe Burrow passed for 327 yards and four touchdowns. Burrows has a team-record 29 TD passes this season after going 25 of 32 for the 7-0 Tigers. LSU managed to score points on every drive of the first half and led 22-7 at the break.
Third-ranked Clemson coasted to its 22nd consecutive win as Travis Etienne (EE'-tee-ehn) rushed for 192 yards and a score in a 45-10 thumping of Louisville. Trevor Lawrence overcame two early interceptions to finish 20 of 29 for 233 yards and three touchdowns. Darien Rencher and Chez Mellusi added rushing TDs for the Tigers.
Fifth-ranked Oklahoma rolled to a 52-14 win against West Virginia as Jalen Hurts accounted for 391 total yards and five scores. Hurts threw for 316 yards and three TDs and also rushed for 75 yards and two touchdowns. The Sooners have scored at least 34 points in 17 straight games after racking up 562 yards of offense in their eighth straight win over the Mountaineers.
Kyle Trask threw three of his career-high four touchdowns in the fourth quarter to rally No. 9 Florida to a 38-27 victory at South Carolina. The Gamecocks led 20-17 in the final period until Trask scrambled for a first down and hit Lamical Perine for a 25-yard TD. The Gators bounced back from last weekends loss to LSU and knocked off a team that was coming off a victory against previous No. 3 Georgia.
Bo Nix passed for three touchdowns and ran for another as No. 11 Auburn routed Arkansas, 51-10. Nix turned a close game into a blowout by throwing two TDs in a span of 22 seconds in the third quarter.
Justin Herberts fourth scoring strike of the day was a five-yard throw to Jaylon Redd with 5:10 left to give No. 12 Oregon a 35-31 win against No. 25 Washington. The Ducks trailed 28-14 after Puca Nacua caught a 33-yard TD pass from Jacob Eason on the opening drive of the second half.
Charlie Brewer ran for a TD and was 13 of 17 passing for 312 yards and a touchdown in No. 18 Baylors 45-27 romp over Oklahoma State. JaMycal Hasty rushed for 139 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries to help the Bears run their school-record winning streak to nine games.
Shane Buechele (boo-SHEHL) set career highs with six touchdown passes and 457 passing yards as No. 19 SMU hammered Temple, 45-21. Reggie Roberson Jr. had a career-high 250 receiving yards on seven catches, including touchdowns of 75, 75 and 33 yards for the 7-0 Mustangs.
No. 20 Minnesota is 7-0 for the first time since their 1960 national championship season after Rodney Smith ran for 111 yards and two touchdowns in a 42-7 thumping of Rutgers. Tanner Morgan threw two touchdowns as the Gophers won their ninth straight game since last season.
Gerrid Doaks ran for a pair of touchdowns and turned a short pass into a 28-yard score in helping No. 21 Cincinnati hold on for a 24-13 victory over Tulsa.
Riley Neal came off the bench and threw a 21-yard touchdown to Cam Johnson with 8:57 left to push Vanderbilt past No. 22 Missouri, 21-14.
Zac Thomas threw for 214 yards and three touchdowns and ran for another score as No. 24 Appalachian State had no trouble earning its first victory as a ranked team, 52-7 against Louisiana-Monroe 52-7.
No. 23 Iowa ended a two-game skid as Mekhi Sargent ran for a 14-yard score with 2:16 left in the Hawkeyes 26-20 triumph over Purdue.
Titans activate rookie Simmons
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) The Tennessee Titans have activated first-round draft pick Jeffery Simmons, giving him a chance to make his NFL debut Sunday against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Tennessee made the 6-foot-4 Simmons its top pick after the defensive tackle from Mississippi State fell from a projected top 10 selection to 19. He tore his left ACL in February and was expected to miss the 2019 season. But Simmons recovered quickly and started practicing with the 2-4 Titans on Wednesday.
Raptors, Siakam work out extension
UNDATED (AP) A person with knowledge of the situation says Pascal Siakam (see-A'-kam) and the Toronto Raptors have agreed on a four-year maximum extension that will be worth $130 million and begin next season.
Siakam was a breakout player last season for the NBA champions, averaging career highs of 16.9 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists. He's entering his fourth season, and now is under contract to the Raptors through July 1, 2024.
In other NBA news:
The Hawks have exercised the 2020-21 contract options on forward John Collins and guards Trae Young and Kevin Huerter (HUR-tur). Collins led the Hawks with his averages of 19.5 points and 9.8 rebounds last season. Young was an NBA All-Rookie First Team selection after averaging 19.1 points and 8.1 assists. Huerter was a second team all-rookie pick after scoring 9.6 points per game.
Habs extend Blues skid
UNDATED (AP) The defending Stanley Cup champs find themselves in the midst of a four-game losing streak.
Brendan Gallagher, Jonathan Drouin (DROO-an) and Nick Suzuki scored in the second period to ignite the Canadiens in their third victory in four games, 5-2 at St. Louis. The game was tied until the Habs beat Jake Allen three times in the middle stanza, while Carey Price made 15 saves in the period.
Jordan Weal and Shea Weber also scored to back Price, who turned back 32 shots in his 325th career victory.
Elsewhere on NHL ice:
First overall pick Jack Hughes scored his first NHL goal and Mackenzie Blackwood posted his third career shutout by stopping 25 shots in the Devils 1-0 win over the Canucks. Hughes netted a power-play goal to help New Jersey earn its second straight win since a season-opening six-game losing streak.
Hemric beats playoff drivers for NASCAR pole at Kansas
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) Daniel Hemric has the pole for Sundays NASCAR Cup playoff race at Kansas Speedway as he tries to land a full-time ride next year.
He turned a lap of 178.047 mph to edge the retiring David Ragan during Saturdays qualifying. Hemric was told last month by Childress Racing that the race team was passing on his 2020 option.
Ryan Blaney was third after his rain-delayed win last weekend at Talladega. Brad Keselwoski will start alongside him after qualifying fourth and Kyle Larson will start fifth. Blaney and Larson already have earned spots when the playoff field is cut to eight drivers on Sunday.
Korda takes 1-shot lead with 6-under 66
SHANGHAI (AP) Jessica Korda carded eight birdies in a 6-under 66 that gives her a one-stroke lead through three rounds of the Buick LPGA Shanghai.
Fellow American Danielle Kang is alone in second following a 66 that included six birdies and an eagle.
Second-round leader Brooke Henderson dropped to third place, falling five strokes back with a double-bogey on her final hole.
Go here to see the original:
Update on the latest sports - FOX5 Las Vegas
- Stem Cell Therapy Los Angeles - Darrow Stem Cell Institute - February 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Transplants: A Lifesaving Treatment for Cancer ... - February 14th, 2021
- Smart Stem Cells Made From Fat Have the Power to Heal - Freethink - February 14th, 2021
- Are Covid-19 vaccines safe for cancer patients? Here is what cancer experts say - CNN - February 14th, 2021
- The race to treat a rare, fatal syndrome may help others with common disorders like diabetes - Science Magazine - February 14th, 2021
- Arlo's Army needs stem cell donor as mum begs for help to save three-year-old's life - Glasgow Live - February 14th, 2021
- Arlo's Army: mum opens up on heartbreaking decision to make 3-year-old sick to save his life - Glasgow Live - February 14th, 2021
- Bone marrow transplant shows signs of curing brave little boy with one in a million condition - Shields Gazette - February 14th, 2021
- Canada's blood supply has a diversity problem and people are dying because of it - CBC.ca - February 2nd, 2021
- State-of-the-Art Treatments Garner University Foot and Ankle Institute Multiple Top Doctor Awards - Yahoo Finance - February 2nd, 2021
- Dean Tracy Johnson seeks to diversify the pipeline of future scientists and doctors - UCLA Newsroom - February 2nd, 2021
- Transforming optimism: finding new ways to treat rare cancers - Cancer Research UK - Science Blog - February 2nd, 2021
- Family of Belfast woman Eimear Gooderham (25) share memories and dealing with grief in special UTV programme - Belfast Telegraph - February 2nd, 2021
- Doctor: COVID-19 cases will continue to slowly go down, but were not out of the woods - Yahoo Money - January 23rd, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players In-depth Analysis Research Report Foresight to 2027 - KSU | The... - January 23rd, 2021
- Leading Urologist Doubles Down on CaverStem Regenerative Stem Cell Procedure for Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men - PRNewswire - January 22nd, 2021
- Sisters who organised an Ilkley fundraising ball are to be honoured - Wharfedale Observer - January 22nd, 2021
- Medical Doctor: Roes Overlooking of the Consensus of Societal Morality and Science Reverberates to This Day - National Catholic Register - January 22nd, 2021
- DARZALEX FASPRO (daratumumab and hyaluronidase-fihj) Becomes the First FDA-Approved Treatment for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Light Chain (AL)... - January 22nd, 2021
- Seattle researchers find clues for treatments that could eliminate HIV in infected patients - GeekWire - January 14th, 2021
- Flow Cytometry Market is Projected to Reach a Value of US$8100 Mn by the End of 2025 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 14th, 2021
- Doctors diagnosed a Suffolk teen with a rare condition. Now, his mom is part of the solution - 13newsnow.com WVEC - January 12th, 2021
- Cassville club assists 2 families as they recover from illness - telegraphherald.com - January 12th, 2021
- The 26 billion-dollar startups to watch that are revolutionizing healthcare in 2021 - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market 2020 Overview By Size, Share, Trends, Growth Factors and Leading Players With Detailed Analysis of Industry Structure... - January 12th, 2021
- More than 250 articles and a book later, the Valley Doctor bids adieu - San Lorenzo Valley Press-Banner - January 12th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Treatment for Severe COVID-19 Using Stem Cells It's Like Smart Bomb Technology in the Lung - SciTechDaily - January 5th, 2021
- New combo therapy offered against refractory T-cell lymphoma - Korea Biomedical Review - January 5th, 2021
- Hair Growth Treatment Secrets Bollywood Will Never Tell You About - Times of India - January 5th, 2021
- Are metabolic hormones the next frontier in cancer treatment? - MedCity News - January 5th, 2021
- Limerick toddler to wait six months for trial cancer treatment after family raises over 400,000 - Extra.ie - January 5th, 2021
- West Lothian mum fighting for her life after back pain turned out to be terminal blood cancer - Edinburgh Live - January 5th, 2021
- MorphoSys and Incyte Announce the Acceptance of the Swissmedic Marketing Authorization Application for Tafasitamab - Yahoo Finance UK - January 5th, 2021
- A Wish Come True urges plungers to dump a bucket of ice water on themselves for this year's fundraiser - Fall River Herald News - December 26th, 2020
- Ashley Cain says over 80,000 people registered for stem cell donation in 48 hours after appeal to save baby - The Sun - December 22nd, 2020
- The 11 most mind-blowing, awe-inspiring health discoveries and innovations of 2020 - Business Insider - Business Insider - December 22nd, 2020
- 3-year-old patient successfully treated for rare fatal disease- familial Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) at Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh -... - December 22nd, 2020
- Startups are racing to reproduce breast milk in the lab - MIT Technology Review - December 22nd, 2020
- Hand weakness: Causes, symptoms, treatment, and seeking help - Medical News Today - December 22nd, 2020
- Gujarat Issues Health Advisory On Fungal Infection With "50% Mortality Rate" - NDTV - December 22nd, 2020
- A side-by-side comparison of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines - STAT - December 22nd, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present Innovative Therapies to Better Treat Blood Cancers at American Society of Hematology Virtual Conference - Business Wire - December 9th, 2020
- Medical technologies that will disrupt (and improve) healthcare in the 2020s - Universe.byu.edu - December 9th, 2020
- Community Cord Blood Banking saves life of child with aplastic anaemia - The Hindu - November 20th, 2020
- Arya Lloyd: Father launches global search for blood stem cell donor to save his 12-year-old daughter - Sky News - November 20th, 2020
- Blood Cancer: Science Reveal Five Easily Missed Signs of Leukemia - Science Times - November 20th, 2020
- Karnataka:Community cord blood banking emerges as lifesaver - United News of India - November 18th, 2020
- How CAR-T Cell Therapy is Being Used in the Field of Blood Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - November 16th, 2020
- Election results for California Propositions 14, 18, 23, and 24 - FOX 11 Los Angeles - November 16th, 2020
- Cell Separation Beads Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2018-2028 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 16th, 2020
- Fight for the rights of unborn - The Daily Telegram - November 11th, 2020
- Genetic Mechanism Identified in Neonatal Diabetes Could Offer Insights into Other Forms of the Disease - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - November 11th, 2020
- Doctors Debate: Is Intensive or Low-Intensity Chemotherapy Plus BCR-ABL TKI Therapy Best for Treatment of Ph+ ALL? - Targeted Oncology - November 11th, 2020
- Record number of stem cell donors apply after Ex On The Beach star plea - expressandstar.com - November 11th, 2020
- Bisbee: A commitment to health care initiatives The Journal Record - Journal Record - November 11th, 2020
- California election results: Where state propositions stand as of Thursday at 5 p.m. - Desert Sun - November 11th, 2020
- Critically ill Indonesian woman thanks Taiwan for saving life - Taiwan News - November 7th, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present New Research on Bone Marrow Transplants, Immunotherapy and Other Blood Cancer Treatments - Business Wire - November 7th, 2020
- Daily Edition for Wednesday, November 4, 2020 - California Healthline - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're truly blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his recent fight to save his brother, Eric - ESPN - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're really blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his current battle to save lots of his brother, Eric - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - November 7th, 2020
- Mark Drought: Are we on the brink of another civil war? - The Advocate - November 7th, 2020
- What to eat when you have the flu, recommended by doctors - Business Insider India - October 30th, 2020
- Fine-Tuning Treatments for COVID-19 - American Council on Science and Health - October 30th, 2020
- Aborted girl fetus kidneys made Trumps CoV meds. As SARS2 is unfettered in America, this needs thought - Feminine-Perspective Magazine (FPMag) - October 30th, 2020
- What to Know in Washington: Provisional Ballots May Play Role - Bloomberg Government - October 30th, 2020
- Unless the country invests in cancer care, the statistics for breast cancer will be bleak: Dr Anthony Pais, .. - ETHealthworld.com - October 23rd, 2020
- Autologous Fat Grafting Market Scope Analysis 2019 to 2029 - The Think Curiouser - October 23rd, 2020
- How Clinique La Prairie Is Keeping Humanity Fashionably Healthy In The Age Of Covid - Forbes - October 23rd, 2020
- The Anthony Nolan and NHS Stem Cell Registry - The Hippocratic Post - October 21st, 2020
- Jeff Bridges is one of the 85,000-plus lymphoma cases expected in the U.S. this year - MarketWatch - October 21st, 2020
- YOUR HEALTH: Saving an unborn baby breaking apart in the womb - WQAD.com - October 21st, 2020
- Orgenesis completes acquisition of Koligo Therapeutics and announces additional acquisition of Icellator(R) Technology from Tissue Genesis in related... - October 21st, 2020
- SA becomes 2nd country to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to donate bone marrow - News24 - October 21st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2025 KYT24 - KYT24 - October 21st, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani shares his insights about the evolution of plastic surgery - LA Progressive - October 21st, 2020
- Manya Saaraswat Makes Top 5 Finish in 2020 Miss World America Competition, Three Other Indian Americans in Top 10 - India West - October 21st, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 15th, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani Discusses the Future of Plastic Surgery - The Jerusalem Post - October 15th, 2020
- The story of how a biotech co. came to the aid of an ill 9-year-old boy - Stockhouse - October 15th, 2020