A CAMPAIGN to save a five year old cancer sufferer has become one of the fastest online charity appeals after reaching its 500,000 target in just three weeks.
The parents of Oscar Saxelby-Lee are gobsmacked to have reached the huge amount to fund the emergency life saving treatment abroad in under a month.
Thousands have pledged the cash meaning he will now fly to Singapore to undergo potentially life-saving CAR-T cell therapy and a second bone marrow transplant in a bid to save his life.
Oscars battle has always drawn huge support and in March almost 5,000 people queued in the rain to find a stem cell donor to cure Oscar, from Worcester.
But despite finding a match, doctors discovered the rare T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia had returned so Oscars parents launched the new appeal in September.
Olivia, 26, and Jamie, 23, have now thanked kindhearted givers who organised events from sponsored bike rides to non-uniform days to raise the incredible sum.
In a statement, the pair said: We are absolutely gobsmacked with the amount of humbling support we have received since the word go.
Over the last three weeks, we have watched the people of Worcestershire and beyond work together to raise this seemingly impossible amount of money.
It has been heart-warming to see schools, businesses, individuals and even children giving all they can.
We would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts - you are truly amazing.
Doctors at Birmingham Childrens Hospital, where Oscar has been treated since last December, say he has only a short window in which he will be strong enough to travel.
But Oscars parents have urged people to carry on supporting them, saying they need help more than ever.
They added: Now we need to make sure that we have contingency funds available should Oscar need more care or have a more complicated recovery whilst there.
As we all know, this journey hasnt gone smoothly so we must be prepared for any additional hurdles.
As you will have seen from Oscars Facebook page, Oscar has needed to receive more treatment and have further tests done whilst we have been fundraising to keep his leukaemia at bay.
Now we have the difficult bit, the waiting.
HANGING BY A THREAD Teen had to catch her jaw after it was torn off in horse riding smash
Raising awareness All you need to know about World Mental Health Day and how to take part
hard to swallow Ban all food from trains & buses to tackle obesity, urges top doc
URGENT RECALL Common heartburn drugs recalled over cancer-causing toxin contamination fears
ROYAL MINDNESSES Fab Four reunite for 1st ever TV advert tonight in mental health campaign
VAPE CRISIS US vaping deaths hit 21 & disease cases surge to 1,000 as people urged to stop
The initial funds are ready. Oscars medical team now need to wait for the results of his further tests, which determine the next steps.
When the best treatment plan for Oscar is confirmed by his medical team, having this funding will allow us to move very quickly.
Thank you so much to the people of Worcestershire and beyond for making this possible and once again doing everything in their power to help save our boy.
- Community Cord Blood Banking saves life of child with aplastic anaemia - The Hindu - November 20th, 2020
- Arya Lloyd: Father launches global search for blood stem cell donor to save his 12-year-old daughter - Sky News - November 20th, 2020
- Blood Cancer: Science Reveal Five Easily Missed Signs of Leukemia - Science Times - November 20th, 2020
- Karnataka:Community cord blood banking emerges as lifesaver - United News of India - November 18th, 2020
- How CAR-T Cell Therapy is Being Used in the Field of Blood Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - November 16th, 2020
- Election results for California Propositions 14, 18, 23, and 24 - FOX 11 Los Angeles - November 16th, 2020
- Cell Separation Beads Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2018-2028 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 16th, 2020
- Fight for the rights of unborn - The Daily Telegram - November 11th, 2020
- Genetic Mechanism Identified in Neonatal Diabetes Could Offer Insights into Other Forms of the Disease - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - November 11th, 2020
- Doctors Debate: Is Intensive or Low-Intensity Chemotherapy Plus BCR-ABL TKI Therapy Best for Treatment of Ph+ ALL? - Targeted Oncology - November 11th, 2020
- Record number of stem cell donors apply after Ex On The Beach star plea - expressandstar.com - November 11th, 2020
- Bisbee: A commitment to health care initiatives The Journal Record - Journal Record - November 11th, 2020
- California election results: Where state propositions stand as of Thursday at 5 p.m. - Desert Sun - November 11th, 2020
- Critically ill Indonesian woman thanks Taiwan for saving life - Taiwan News - November 7th, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present New Research on Bone Marrow Transplants, Immunotherapy and Other Blood Cancer Treatments - Business Wire - November 7th, 2020
- Daily Edition for Wednesday, November 4, 2020 - California Healthline - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're truly blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his recent fight to save his brother, Eric - ESPN - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're really blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his current battle to save lots of his brother, Eric - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - November 7th, 2020
- Mark Drought: Are we on the brink of another civil war? - The Advocate - November 7th, 2020
- What to eat when you have the flu, recommended by doctors - Business Insider India - October 30th, 2020
- Fine-Tuning Treatments for COVID-19 - American Council on Science and Health - October 30th, 2020
- Aborted girl fetus kidneys made Trumps CoV meds. As SARS2 is unfettered in America, this needs thought - Feminine-Perspective Magazine (FPMag) - October 30th, 2020
- What to Know in Washington: Provisional Ballots May Play Role - Bloomberg Government - October 30th, 2020
- Unless the country invests in cancer care, the statistics for breast cancer will be bleak: Dr Anthony Pais, .. - ETHealthworld.com - October 23rd, 2020
- Autologous Fat Grafting Market Scope Analysis 2019 to 2029 - The Think Curiouser - October 23rd, 2020
- How Clinique La Prairie Is Keeping Humanity Fashionably Healthy In The Age Of Covid - Forbes - October 23rd, 2020
- The Anthony Nolan and NHS Stem Cell Registry - The Hippocratic Post - October 21st, 2020
- Jeff Bridges is one of the 85,000-plus lymphoma cases expected in the U.S. this year - MarketWatch - October 21st, 2020
- YOUR HEALTH: Saving an unborn baby breaking apart in the womb - WQAD.com - October 21st, 2020
- Orgenesis completes acquisition of Koligo Therapeutics and announces additional acquisition of Icellator(R) Technology from Tissue Genesis in related... - October 21st, 2020
- SA becomes 2nd country to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to donate bone marrow - News24 - October 21st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2025 KYT24 - KYT24 - October 21st, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani shares his insights about the evolution of plastic surgery - LA Progressive - October 21st, 2020
- Manya Saaraswat Makes Top 5 Finish in 2020 Miss World America Competition, Three Other Indian Americans in Top 10 - India West - October 21st, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 15th, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani Discusses the Future of Plastic Surgery - The Jerusalem Post - October 15th, 2020
- The story of how a biotech co. came to the aid of an ill 9-year-old boy - Stockhouse - October 15th, 2020
- Where Amy Coney Barrett Stands on IVF - Glamour - October 15th, 2020
- Regeneron, Trump, and the alleged hypocrisy of the pro-life movement - Christian Post - October 15th, 2020
- Life Sciences - a year to remember - Lexology - October 15th, 2020
- Proposition 14: With Handful of Cures, Calif. Stem Cell Agency Has Mixed Record. Will Voters Pony Up Another $5.5 Billion? - KQED - October 8th, 2020
- Woman who lost her partner to cancer last year set to run 10K in his memory - Warrington Guardian - October 8th, 2020
- Different Types of Childhood Cancer | INTEGRIS - Integris - October 3rd, 2020
- A perfect match: Bone marrow transplant saves twin brother's life. Now their family pays it forward - 11Alive.com WXIA - October 3rd, 2020
- Baby whose nosebleeds turned out to be deadly condition saved by stranger - Mirror Online - October 3rd, 2020
- Over 40 lakh people in Telangana have developed COVID-19 antibodies: Health Minister Eatala - The New Indian Express - October 3rd, 2020
- Coming of Age: New Research Efforts are Improving Treatment of Childhood Blood Cancers - Curetoday.com - September 23rd, 2020
- World Rose Day 2020: History and significance of the welfare of cancer patients - Hindustan Times - September 23rd, 2020
- Guide to Voting on Propositions and the City of San Bernardino's Measure S - Black Voice News - September 23rd, 2020
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month 2020 - Everyday Health - September 23rd, 2020
- CARLTON FLETCHER: McConnell is the poster boy for sleazy, partisan politics - The Albany Herald - September 23rd, 2020
- Faith for the fight: Neosho teen deals with rare combination of illnesses - Joplin Globe - September 21st, 2020
- RCSI partnership aims to advance predictive tests for common blood cancer - Siliconrepublic.com - September 21st, 2020
- Odessa woman hopes to gain back her sight after 6 years of being blind - NewsWest9.com - September 19th, 2020
- The Holistic Sanctuary Announces Exciting Plans to Expand Over Next 4 Years and Save More Lives - thepress.net - September 19th, 2020
- Highland family from Alness pleads for potential donors to come forward to help ill toddler - Inverness Courier - September 19th, 2020
- Global Multiple Myeloma Treatment Market-Industry Analysis and forecast 2019 2027: By Application, Type, and Region. - Galus Australis - September 8th, 2020
- Editorial: UT Health's new teaching hospital will boost region - Laredo Morning Times - September 6th, 2020
- Mum's message to the complete stranger who saved her son's life - LincolnshireLive - September 6th, 2020
- Important to balance benefits of cancer-related care with risks related to COVID-19: Dr Hari Menon - Express Healthcare - September 6th, 2020
- Be The Match Presents "Sickle Cell Connect" Virtual Event Series To Raise Awareness Of Treatment Options And Marrow Transplants As A Cure... - September 5th, 2020
- Betty Lin-Fisher: Men, take care of your health - Akron Beacon Journal - September 5th, 2020
- Seniors suffer the most from antiquated FDA approval process | TheHill - The Hill - September 5th, 2020
- Father of Three with Incurable Cancer is Helping Researchers Get One Step Closer to a Cure - The Suburban Newspaper - September 5th, 2020
- There is a dire need for 'donors of colour' in the fight against blood disorders - Health24 - September 5th, 2020
- Editorial: UT Healths new teaching hospital will boost region - San Antonio Express-News - September 5th, 2020
- Parents plea for stem cell help to save life of daughter with rare blood disorder - Mirror Online - September 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Scope and Opportunities Analysis 2017 2025 - StartupNG - September 1st, 2020
- 5 Recent Tech Innovations Disrupting the Medical and Healthcare Industry - HealthTechZone - August 29th, 2020
- A New FMI Report Forecasts the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Stem Cell Therapies Market Growth Post 2020 - The Scarlet - August 29th, 2020
- Sophie (5) lit up a room and was a little inspiration - New Ross Standard - August 29th, 2020
- Cell Harvesting Market 2018 Analysis Of Production, Future Demand, Sales And Consumption Research Report To 2023 - The Scarlet - August 29th, 2020
- Rare group of HIV patients don't need drugs to suppress virus due to way it integrates in their DNA - Brinkwire - August 29th, 2020
- ProgenCell - Stem Cell Therapies announces new facilities - PR Web - August 27th, 2020
- FDA Clears Jointechlabs' MiniTC for Point-of-Care Fat Tissue Processing and its Broad Range of Applications - PRNewswire - August 27th, 2020
- Religion and The Trump-Pence Ticket - The Tablet Catholic Newspaper - August 27th, 2020
- Archbishops vaccine stance out of tune with community - The Age - August 27th, 2020
- 'I had my penis amputated - so I've travelled the world shopping for a new one' - Mirror Online - August 27th, 2020
- Determined 24-year-old fighting rare aggressive cancer - Northumberland Gazette - August 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Segmentation, Assessment and Growth Opportunities by Forecast 2025 - Scientect - August 22nd, 2020