In order to produce the medication that maybe saved Donald Trumps life, an unborn baby girl died in an abortion. This fetus had to be one that had kidneys.
Not much is said about Trumps unapproved monoclonal antibody cocktail perhaps because in mid-August of this year, more than a month before Trump took sick with COVID-19, Trump kyboshed fetal tissue research.
The Trump Administration-appointed (Feb. 2020) Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board of 15 persons, mostly anti-abortionists, banned just about everything that used fetal cells, in any quantum, from being used in research projects. Some fourteen proposals out of fifteen were quashed.
Editorial science comment, by Micheal John
Click to enlarge. Immunofluorescent Human Embryonic Kidney 293 cells. Phospho-Histone H3 (yellow), phalloidin (green), nuclei (red). Photo Credit: Iznewton, CC BY-SA 4.0,
The medical research community was nearly apoplectic claiming the Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board is bogus with absolutely no proper scientific credentials to make such edicts.
US Health Secretary Alex Azar must take the final call, however none of the sources FPMag spoke with had any doubt of the Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board getting its decisions approved.
Anti-abortion is a fundamental tenet of the Republican Party. But Trump is alive perhaps because of research that initially used fetal tissue.
Trump is a con artist, a grifter, a liar. People who dont realize that are vulnerable to falling into the category of mark, sucker, or in Trumps own words, one of the losers who falls for his cons. Consumer advocates call this type of person Trump calls losers as the credulous citizen. They are vulnerable to things like false advertising and bogus products. Its a challenge keeping the Pied Pipers following from marching into a deadly cliff fall and today there are laws against being a Pied Piper of ill will.
Hence it doesnt really matter about the politics or personal moraliity of Trumps monoclonal antibody cocktail derived from fetal tissue research. It doesnt matter to him, and whatever spin Trump puts on it is how his top will twirl. How do normal people deal with this morality issue?
If a baby died during an abortion on demand, and the babys cells were used to save dozens of lives, there is still no equity in that. Thou shall not kill. But if the procedure (induced abortion) was not elective, dont waste a single cell if the parents are willing to donate tissue for scientific research just like an organ donor would do on their drivers license. That was the consensus of a half dozen doctors and nurses of The RINJ Foundation.
Read if you wish: Report of the Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board FY2020.
The incipient cells in a laboratory growth Donald Trumps COVID-19 momoclonal antibody cocktail was derived from, were human embryonic kidney cells grown in a tissue culture from an aborted female fetus.
These cells have many names but the most precise name of the origin is HEK293.
HEK 293 come from aborted female fetus kidneys originally but can reliably reproduce and produce variations in a laboratory in a worthwhile quantity and many generations away from origin. Dozens of genetic sequences exist for research purposes.
The question of importance, is how many dead baby girl fetuses does it take to manufacture Regenerons REGN-COV2 monoclonal drugs, or any such drugs for COVID-19 in enough quantity to give an unknown percentage of 8 billion people the doses they would need. The answers to any of these questions are only wild guesswork until research has concluded with due approvals.
Remember that Remdesivir (Veklury), is an antiviral medication developed by Gilead Sciences, to be initially used as an Ebola remedy. Now Remdesivir has been cited in many good outcomes when used as a COVID-19 treatment. Anti-viral pharmacological research has a long way to go.
Stay out of the way of progress, is good advice.
If induced abortion is not seen for what it is, a medical procedure; and abortion as a form of birth control is not perceived as murder; the potential of HEK293 could be lost in foolish arguments by credulous people led by charlatans.
Stem cell research and fetal tissue research need to come out of the shadows.
Natural abortions happen; legitimate case-indicated induced abortions also happen.
Human kind is beyond tissue and organ donations, we need to get past this one. Either we select and train doctors so that they are trusted, or we agree that has been achieved and trust our medical practitioners to make the right calls. Making abortion laws is a fools game. It is a sometimes needed medical procedure, and a doctor/patient callsometimes only the doctor. Law or no law, it is that way. Doctors save the lives they can save.
In the meantime, Regenerons REGN-COV2 monoclonal drugs for COVID-19 are for the bigwigs, like Trumpvery expensive too.
Even after a SARS2 viable vaccine is approved and vaccinations begin, millions of people will still get sick from SARS-CoV-2 infection and too many will die. Hence a reliably effective treatment is needed. Hold nothing back if it has promise. This pathogen could with a little help from its hosts, wipe out much of the human race.
I suppose a cynical future historian might look at Trump rallies and suggest that COVID-19 killed all the credulous people, the stupid ones who ignored the warnings. They were told: socially distance themselves from others, stay home, wear a mask to go shopping, and keep clean. The evidence of quasi-suicidal behaviour at these superspreader events is in reams of video footage and still photographs. Dr. Sanjay Gupta of CNN did a study of many events and found that 82% had a surge in COVID-19 cases within a few weeks. The warnings were correct.
Some drugs are proving very useful from the common acetylsalicylic acid, to the also common famotidine heartburn medication. Clonidine seems to block cytokine storms in patients who already take this antihypertensive medication and some steroids have proven useful also for blocking the runaway immune systems in very sick patients. These are the direct experiences of the writer in running various medical clinics around the world. Still no one therapy is perfect for every patient. Compared to what we need to know, medical science knows relatively nothing about the SARS-CoV-2, but the learning process is ongoing and driven.
As the most vulnerable people in society are killed off by the virus, and as better treatments are derived learning from experience, SARS2 is killing a smaller percentage of the infected population. (Vulnerable persons must never be in circulation without an N95 mask. Absolutely never.)
Read back over this article. Think to yourself about the level of intelligence that it will take to solve some of these problems. Consider that COVID-19 may be a mere molecule on the tip of the spear that is coming at the human race.
The level of gray matter needed to solve these complex social, political and scientific issues is not possessed by the middle to lower echelons of the intelligence scale that men like Bolsonaro, Modi and Trump appeal to as populists. Better government is needed than these utter fools. Look for yourself. This pie chart is not just revealing, it is disgusting evidence of at least sociopathy and likely even greater ails at the top. Nearly two billion good people suffer the psychopathy of three you-know-whats.
The following graph shows daily excess deaths, likely directly or indirectly caused by COIVD-19. In any case they are deaths above normal and about 1.29x (in the current period) of the reported deaths from COVID-19. These are the real numbers of Americans who died in excess of the normal number of deaths from other causes.
- Doctor: COVID-19 cases will continue to slowly go down, but were not out of the woods - Yahoo Money - January 23rd, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players In-depth Analysis Research Report Foresight to 2027 - KSU | The... - January 23rd, 2021
- Leading Urologist Doubles Down on CaverStem Regenerative Stem Cell Procedure for Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men - PRNewswire - January 22nd, 2021
- Sisters who organised an Ilkley fundraising ball are to be honoured - Wharfedale Observer - January 22nd, 2021
- Medical Doctor: Roes Overlooking of the Consensus of Societal Morality and Science Reverberates to This Day - National Catholic Register - January 22nd, 2021
- DARZALEX FASPRO (daratumumab and hyaluronidase-fihj) Becomes the First FDA-Approved Treatment for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Light Chain (AL)... - January 22nd, 2021
- Seattle researchers find clues for treatments that could eliminate HIV in infected patients - GeekWire - January 14th, 2021
- Flow Cytometry Market is Projected to Reach a Value of US$8100 Mn by the End of 2025 - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - January 14th, 2021
- Doctors diagnosed a Suffolk teen with a rare condition. Now, his mom is part of the solution - 13newsnow.com WVEC - January 12th, 2021
- Cassville club assists 2 families as they recover from illness - telegraphherald.com - January 12th, 2021
- The 26 billion-dollar startups to watch that are revolutionizing healthcare in 2021 - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- Global Precision Medicine Market 2020 Overview By Size, Share, Trends, Growth Factors and Leading Players With Detailed Analysis of Industry Structure... - January 12th, 2021
- More than 250 articles and a book later, the Valley Doctor bids adieu - San Lorenzo Valley Press-Banner - January 12th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Treatment for Severe COVID-19 Using Stem Cells It's Like Smart Bomb Technology in the Lung - SciTechDaily - January 5th, 2021
- New combo therapy offered against refractory T-cell lymphoma - Korea Biomedical Review - January 5th, 2021
- Hair Growth Treatment Secrets Bollywood Will Never Tell You About - Times of India - January 5th, 2021
- Are metabolic hormones the next frontier in cancer treatment? - MedCity News - January 5th, 2021
- Limerick toddler to wait six months for trial cancer treatment after family raises over 400,000 - Extra.ie - January 5th, 2021
- West Lothian mum fighting for her life after back pain turned out to be terminal blood cancer - Edinburgh Live - January 5th, 2021
- MorphoSys and Incyte Announce the Acceptance of the Swissmedic Marketing Authorization Application for Tafasitamab - Yahoo Finance UK - January 5th, 2021
- A Wish Come True urges plungers to dump a bucket of ice water on themselves for this year's fundraiser - Fall River Herald News - December 26th, 2020
- Ashley Cain says over 80,000 people registered for stem cell donation in 48 hours after appeal to save baby - The Sun - December 22nd, 2020
- The 11 most mind-blowing, awe-inspiring health discoveries and innovations of 2020 - Business Insider - Business Insider - December 22nd, 2020
- 3-year-old patient successfully treated for rare fatal disease- familial Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) at Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh -... - December 22nd, 2020
- Startups are racing to reproduce breast milk in the lab - MIT Technology Review - December 22nd, 2020
- Hand weakness: Causes, symptoms, treatment, and seeking help - Medical News Today - December 22nd, 2020
- Gujarat Issues Health Advisory On Fungal Infection With "50% Mortality Rate" - NDTV - December 22nd, 2020
- A side-by-side comparison of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines - STAT - December 22nd, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present Innovative Therapies to Better Treat Blood Cancers at American Society of Hematology Virtual Conference - Business Wire - December 9th, 2020
- Medical technologies that will disrupt (and improve) healthcare in the 2020s - Universe.byu.edu - December 9th, 2020
- Community Cord Blood Banking saves life of child with aplastic anaemia - The Hindu - November 20th, 2020
- Arya Lloyd: Father launches global search for blood stem cell donor to save his 12-year-old daughter - Sky News - November 20th, 2020
- Blood Cancer: Science Reveal Five Easily Missed Signs of Leukemia - Science Times - November 20th, 2020
- Karnataka:Community cord blood banking emerges as lifesaver - United News of India - November 18th, 2020
- How CAR-T Cell Therapy is Being Used in the Field of Blood Cancer Treatment - Curetoday.com - November 16th, 2020
- Election results for California Propositions 14, 18, 23, and 24 - FOX 11 Los Angeles - November 16th, 2020
- Cell Separation Beads Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2018-2028 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 16th, 2020
- Fight for the rights of unborn - The Daily Telegram - November 11th, 2020
- Genetic Mechanism Identified in Neonatal Diabetes Could Offer Insights into Other Forms of the Disease - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - November 11th, 2020
- Doctors Debate: Is Intensive or Low-Intensity Chemotherapy Plus BCR-ABL TKI Therapy Best for Treatment of Ph+ ALL? - Targeted Oncology - November 11th, 2020
- Record number of stem cell donors apply after Ex On The Beach star plea - expressandstar.com - November 11th, 2020
- Bisbee: A commitment to health care initiatives The Journal Record - Journal Record - November 11th, 2020
- California election results: Where state propositions stand as of Thursday at 5 p.m. - Desert Sun - November 11th, 2020
- Critically ill Indonesian woman thanks Taiwan for saving life - Taiwan News - November 7th, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present New Research on Bone Marrow Transplants, Immunotherapy and Other Blood Cancer Treatments - Business Wire - November 7th, 2020
- Daily Edition for Wednesday, November 4, 2020 - California Healthline - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're truly blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his recent fight to save his brother, Eric - ESPN - November 7th, 2020
- 'We're really blood brothers' - Stanford coach David Shaw and his current battle to save lots of his brother, Eric - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - November 7th, 2020
- Mark Drought: Are we on the brink of another civil war? - The Advocate - November 7th, 2020
- What to eat when you have the flu, recommended by doctors - Business Insider India - October 30th, 2020
- Fine-Tuning Treatments for COVID-19 - American Council on Science and Health - October 30th, 2020
- What to Know in Washington: Provisional Ballots May Play Role - Bloomberg Government - October 30th, 2020
- Unless the country invests in cancer care, the statistics for breast cancer will be bleak: Dr Anthony Pais, .. - ETHealthworld.com - October 23rd, 2020
- Autologous Fat Grafting Market Scope Analysis 2019 to 2029 - The Think Curiouser - October 23rd, 2020
- How Clinique La Prairie Is Keeping Humanity Fashionably Healthy In The Age Of Covid - Forbes - October 23rd, 2020
- The Anthony Nolan and NHS Stem Cell Registry - The Hippocratic Post - October 21st, 2020
- Jeff Bridges is one of the 85,000-plus lymphoma cases expected in the U.S. this year - MarketWatch - October 21st, 2020
- YOUR HEALTH: Saving an unborn baby breaking apart in the womb - WQAD.com - October 21st, 2020
- Orgenesis completes acquisition of Koligo Therapeutics and announces additional acquisition of Icellator(R) Technology from Tissue Genesis in related... - October 21st, 2020
- SA becomes 2nd country to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to donate bone marrow - News24 - October 21st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2025 KYT24 - KYT24 - October 21st, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani shares his insights about the evolution of plastic surgery - LA Progressive - October 21st, 2020
- Manya Saaraswat Makes Top 5 Finish in 2020 Miss World America Competition, Three Other Indian Americans in Top 10 - India West - October 21st, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 15th, 2020
- Mohammed Hussain Alqahtani Discusses the Future of Plastic Surgery - The Jerusalem Post - October 15th, 2020
- The story of how a biotech co. came to the aid of an ill 9-year-old boy - Stockhouse - October 15th, 2020
- Where Amy Coney Barrett Stands on IVF - Glamour - October 15th, 2020
- Regeneron, Trump, and the alleged hypocrisy of the pro-life movement - Christian Post - October 15th, 2020
- Life Sciences - a year to remember - Lexology - October 15th, 2020
- Proposition 14: With Handful of Cures, Calif. Stem Cell Agency Has Mixed Record. Will Voters Pony Up Another $5.5 Billion? - KQED - October 8th, 2020
- Woman who lost her partner to cancer last year set to run 10K in his memory - Warrington Guardian - October 8th, 2020
- Different Types of Childhood Cancer | INTEGRIS - Integris - October 3rd, 2020
- A perfect match: Bone marrow transplant saves twin brother's life. Now their family pays it forward - 11Alive.com WXIA - October 3rd, 2020
- Baby whose nosebleeds turned out to be deadly condition saved by stranger - Mirror Online - October 3rd, 2020
- Over 40 lakh people in Telangana have developed COVID-19 antibodies: Health Minister Eatala - The New Indian Express - October 3rd, 2020
- Coming of Age: New Research Efforts are Improving Treatment of Childhood Blood Cancers - Curetoday.com - September 23rd, 2020
- World Rose Day 2020: History and significance of the welfare of cancer patients - Hindustan Times - September 23rd, 2020
- Guide to Voting on Propositions and the City of San Bernardino's Measure S - Black Voice News - September 23rd, 2020
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month 2020 - Everyday Health - September 23rd, 2020
- CARLTON FLETCHER: McConnell is the poster boy for sleazy, partisan politics - The Albany Herald - September 23rd, 2020