Is there a point too far for even pro-choice Americans to accept when it comes to abortion?
Nick Bell is betting there is, and that point is after birth!
Bell, a Republican, is running for the legislature in the heavily Democratic 39th district in Virginia. Why? Because, he says, a friend sent him a video of Virginia Democrat Kathy Tran talking about the bill she was proposing (in January, tabled for now) to repeal restrictions on late-term abortions.
Asked how late in the third trimester could a physician perform an abortion because of the mothers mental health, Tran answered: I mean, through the third trimester. The third trimester goes all the way to 40 weeks.
When Governor Ralph Northam of Virginia doubled down in explaining the bill and supported infanticide in the now infamous interview on WTOP radio, saying that if a woman went into labor while an abortion was being performed, the infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable and the infant would be resuscitated if thats what the mother and the family desired, Bell realized someone needs to step up. This is about a fully-formed person literally on a table, crying; this has nothing to do with politics everyone can agree that that life must be protected. (You can see clips from the Tran and Northam videos in Bells campaign ad, here.)
Bell is correct that the majority of Americans understand this, are against late-term abortion, and aghast at infanticide. However, many are swayed by the relentless propaganda of the media in collusion with the abortion industry, who tell them they are misunderstanding the reach of such legislation.
Defenders of Tran and Northam repeat things like, this would only be for severely disabled fetuses, meaning that 1) it is ok to kill persons who are disabled; and 2) skirting the fact that the mother sometimes with the father gets to decide what is severe, which might mean inconvenient.
Proponents also say things like: Trust women! No women would choose a late-term abortion for anything but a heart wrenching, tragic situation.
Really? Why? Because all women are good? Because no women are coerced?
I wrote here about Melissa Ohden, whose mother was coerced into an attempted abortion, and whose grandmother, a nurse, instructed the doctor to let born-alive Melissa die on the table. But a nurse could not stand seeing the baby struggling to breathe and rushed her to the NICU, saving her life.
Another common rationale: Come on, these late-term or born-alive situations represent a tiny number of the overall abortion rate. So? If something is wrong, say, homicide, all kinds of it are wrong, even if some of the more gruesome methods let say, beheading account for a tiny number of the overall body count.
This is the kind of dangerous anti-logic spouted by Bells opponent, Vivian Watts, who, is so extreme, Bell says, she makes Tran look like an angel.
From her website:
When Life Begins: I believe the very complex decision of when life begins is deeply personal, moral decision.
Huh? I know that, even though it is quite obvious scientifically that a new life begins at conception, some like to argue that life doesnt begin until fertilization, or when a heartbeat is detected. But what Watts is saying is, its really up to us to decide, as long as we claim complexity. According to this reasoning, if a woman decides in a complex and personal manner that her daughters life doesnt begin until her fourth birthday, she should have the "right" to kill her three-year-old.
Watts goes on: "I will continue to defend that position in all of the challenging and complex ways that it comes before the Virginia General Assembly, including birth control; in vitro fertilization; a women's right to an abortion under Roe v. Wade; a persons right to have an advanced medical directive carried out; and stem cell research in the treatment of disease and disabilities."
To be clear: what she supports is Tran's bill, which goes far beyond Roe; she supports the killing of human embryos in stem cell research to aid treatment for people with diseases or disabilities, but only if those persons are not already killed just before or after birth because they have a disease or disability. And to top it off, she supports parents deciding on their own when life begins.
The bottom line is this: In a moral society, law is supposed to protect life.
Cant everyone can agree that life must be protected?
Lets hope Nick Bell's truth-telling rings loud and clear in Virginia.
Maria McFadden Maffucci is the editor of the Human Life Review, http://www.humanlifereview.com, a quarterly journal devoted to the defense of human life, founded in 1974 by her father, James P. McFadden, Associate Publisher of National Review. She is President of the Human Life Foundation, based in midtown Manhattan, which publishes the Review and supports pregnancy resource centers. Mrs. Maffuccis articles and editorials have appeared in the Human Life Review, First Things, National Review Online, National Review, Verily, and Crux. A Holy Cross graduate with a BA in Philosophy, she is married to Robert E. Maffucci, and the mother of three children. Her interests include exploring opportunities for individuals with special needs. To read more of her reports Click Here Now.
2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
Read more here:
Late-Term Abortion and an Election in Virginia - Newsmax
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market 2021 | Research With Size, Growth, Manufacturers, Key Segment, Analysis, Development Status, Segments and 2027... - February 19th, 2021
- Tissue regeneration: Reserve or reverse? - Science Magazine - February 19th, 2021
- Global Scaffold Technology Market Is Expected to Reach USD 2.16 billion by 2028 : Fior Markets - GlobeNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Recombinant Growth Factors to Account for Over 45% of Overall Demand through 2031: Persistence Market Research - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- The Untapped Potential of Cell and Gene Therapy - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - February 19th, 2021
- Century Therapeutics Significantly Expands Capabilities with New Operational, Laboratory and Manufacturing Facilities in Pennsylvania and New Jersey -... - February 19th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Processing Market To Grow Value $12062 Million By 2026 | Latest Research Report - PharmiWeb.com - February 19th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 | Demand and Scope with Outlook, Business Strategies, Challenges and Forecasts to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 19th, 2021
- Humanized Mouse and Rat Model Market: Increased development of monoclonal antibodies and improved healthcare to drive the market - BioSpace - February 19th, 2021
- Iterion Therapeutics Secures $17 Million to Advance Development of Tegavivint in Multiple Tumor Settings - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Estimated To Expand At A Robust CAGR By 2027||Promega, Abcam plc, Research And Diagnostic Systems, Inc., Sartorius AG,... - February 19th, 2021
- Tibidabo Scientific Industries Strengthens its Core Executive Team with the Appointment of Industry Veteran, John LaViola as Chief Technology Officer... - February 19th, 2021
- Global Cell Expansion Market Value Projected to Expand by 2021-2026 | Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., GE Healthcare, Lonza Group Ltd., Becton,... - February 19th, 2021
- How Irish medtech came to thrive - Med-Tech Innovation - February 19th, 2021
- Translational Regenerative Medicine Market: Immunotherapy is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period - BioSpace - February 11th, 2021
- Ensoma Launches to Pioneer Next-Generation In Vivo Approach to Deliver First Off-the-shelf Genomic Medicines - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Notch Therapeutics Closes $85 Million Series A Financing to Develop Pipeline of Renewable Stem Cell-Derived Cancer Immunotherapies - PRNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Global Biopreservation Market Is Expected to Reach USD 7.67 Billion by 2028 : Fior Markets - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Apollomics, Inc. and Iterion Therapeutics Announce Exclusive Collaboration and License Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Tegavivint in Greater... - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Revenue, Key Players, Supply-Demand, Investment Feasibility and Forecast By 2029: Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive, Chiesi... - February 11th, 2021
- 2020 Outlook on the Global Singlecell Technology Industry - Market Size was Over $800 Million in 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Cryopreservation Equipments Market Size Report: Strategies of Key Manufacturers, Project Investment of New Industries: Chart, Worthington... - February 11th, 2021
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Celebrates 20 Years of Innovation in Cancer Treatment and Care - Business Wire - February 11th, 2021
- Outlook on the CRISPR Gene Editing Global Market to 2030 - Analysis and Forecasts - GlobeNewswire - February 11th, 2021
- Researchers curb local immune response in horses receiving stem cell injury therapy - Horsetalk - February 7th, 2021
- Biobanking Market Report Research and Global Outlook 2021 to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - February 7th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market By Product Type (Dogs, Horses) And By End-Users/Application (Veterinary Hospitals, Research Organizations) Market... - February 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Assay Market Share, Demand, Manufacturers and Forecast till 2027 | Merck & Co., Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare, Agilent... - February 6th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Set To Grow At Healthy CAGR Of 11.10% By 2027||Abcam plc, Research And Diagnostic Systems, Inc., Sartorius AG, Biotium,... - February 6th, 2021
- Jill Biden signals White House resolve on cancer research: This is the fight of our lives - The Cancer Letter - February 6th, 2021
- Tiny sensor technique reveals cellular forces involved in tissue generation - Brown University - February 6th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements Directory 2020: Company AZ, Headline Value, Stage of Development at Signing, Deal Component Type,... - February 6th, 2021
- Perales Examines the Impact of COVID-19 on Recipients of Cellular Therapies for Cancer - OncLive - February 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Market is Expected to Grow with an Impressive CAGR till 2027 | Players Vcanbio, Boyalife, Beikebiotech KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU... - February 6th, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine Market to be Valued at USD 6.49 Billion by 2027 | The Escalating Burden of Chronic Diseases and Genetic Aberrations will be the... - February 4th, 2021
- Turn Biotechnologies Expands the Potential of its mRNA Platform by Licensing Unique Artificial Niche Technology - PRNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Evotec and Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf Enter Partnership to Develop iPSC-Based Tissue Therapy for Heart Failure - Yahoo Finance UK - February 4th, 2021
- Biobanks Market | Prominent Factors Analysis that will Help in Reshaping the Market Growth - BioSpace - February 4th, 2021
- Alexion Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results - BioSpace - February 4th, 2021
- Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market 2020 Size, Share, Analysis, Growth Driver and Industry Segments by 2027 KSU | The... - February 4th, 2021
- Transfection Technologies Market Size 2020 | Global Business Strategies, Growing CAGR of 20.0%, Industry Revenue, Opportunities-Aldrich Co Thermo... - February 4th, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Report 2020: Apoptosis Assay Kits Lead the Demand with 42.5% Share - Forecast to 2026 - GlobeNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Global Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market 2020 Industry Scenario, Strategies, Growth Factors and Forecast to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 4th, 2021
- Mustang Bio Provides Updates on its Lentiviral Gene Therapies for the Treatment of X-linked Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (XSCID) - GlobeNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Medexus Pharmaceuticals and medac GmbH enter into a License Agreement for First-in-Class Conditioning Agent for Hematopoietic Stem Cell... - February 4th, 2021
- People With Cancer Should Receive COVID-19 Vaccine, Experts Say - Cancer Health Treatment News - February 4th, 2021
- Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells (ADSCS) Market is Projected to Grow Massively in Near Future The Courier - The Courier - February 4th, 2021
- Healthcare Inventory Management Market: Rising Research and Development is Anticipated to Drive the Market - BioSpace - January 30th, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Firms Gear up to Revolutionize Manufacturing - Labiotech.eu - January 30th, 2021
- Latest Research and Industry Trends of Cell and Tissue Culture Supplies Market Forecast 2027 Stemcell Technologies, Wheaton Industries, GE Healthcare ... - January 30th, 2021
- 5 People in the BioHealth Capital Region You Should Know In 2021 - BioBuzz - January 30th, 2021
- Global CAR-T Therapy Market Opportunities and Strategies Report 2020: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery - Forecast to 2030 - GlobeNewswire - January 30th, 2021
- Their Goal: Meat That's Better Than Meat | Tufts Now - Tufts Now - January 30th, 2021
- Humanigen and Emergent BioSolutions Announce Contract Development and Manufacturing Agreement for Phase 3 COVID-19 Therapeutic Candidate Lenzilumab -... - January 30th, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Market Size to Reach USD 7,250.0 Million by 2028 | Increasing Investments in Production Capacity Expansion for Cell and Gene... - January 30th, 2021
- Protein identified that may help treat Parkinsons disease - Medical News Today - January 30th, 2021
- Human physiomimetic model integrating microphysiological systems of the gut, liver, and brain for studies of neurodegenerative diseases - Science... - January 30th, 2021
- Elevian Targets Aging to Solve Humanity's Toughest Diseases - BioSpace - January 30th, 2021
- Propanc Biopharma Appoints Belen Toledo to Evaluate Impact of Proenzyme Therapy on Tumor Microenvironment - Business Wire - January 30th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Reconstructive Market Detailed analysis of current Industry figures with forecasts growth by 2028 | Top Players; Osiris... - January 25th, 2021
- Cell Separation Technologies Market to Reach $28.76 Bn, Globally, by 2027 at 15.4% CAGR, Says Allied Market Research - PRNewswire - January 25th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Increase in Revenues by 2025 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - January 25th, 2021
- Hemostemix Announces the Bread Contract with the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade & Development Canada - BioSpace - January 23rd, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 | Trends, Growth Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 |Cordlife, Cryo-Cell... - January 23rd, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine Market Size Worth $23.57 Bn By 2027; High demand for 3D bioprinting of tissues and organs to better understand their mechanism... - January 22nd, 2021
- BrainStorm Announces the Publication of Preclinical Data Highlighting the Potential of a NurOwn Derived Exosome-Based Treatment for COVID-19 ARDS -... - January 22nd, 2021
- Regenerative medicine is advancing health care in diverse ways - Hometown Focus - January 22nd, 2021
- Gene Pathway Linked to Development of Schizophrenia - Psychiatric Times - January 22nd, 2021
- Humanigen Announces the Addition of BARDA and Expansion of CRADA with the US Government to Develop Lenzilumab for COVID-19 - BioSpace - January 22nd, 2021
- Cell Sorting Market Size to Reach USD 805.1 Million By 2027 | Expanding Biotechnology And Pharmaceutical Industries will be the Major Factor Driving... - January 22nd, 2021
- BrainStorm's Covid-19 ARDS treatment improves lung function in study - Clinical Trials Arena - January 22nd, 2021
- Impact of Covid-19 on Automated Cell Culture Market Influencing the Industry Development and Forecast | BD, Tecan Trading, Sartorius, TAP Biosystems,... - January 22nd, 2021
- Global Live Cell Imaging Market Size is Expected to reach USD 3529.26 Million by 2025 and Registeri - PharmiWeb.com - January 22nd, 2021
- [Full text] Identification and Targeting of ThomsenFriedenreich and IL1RAP | OTT - Dove Medical Press - January 22nd, 2021
- New Genetic Disorder Discovered That Affects Brain and Craniofacial Skeleton - Technology Networks - January 22nd, 2021
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy Invests $1 Million in Satellos Bioscience to Support New Regenerative Medicine Technology - PRNewswire - January 22nd, 2021
- Stem cells on the ballot - Science Magazine - January 14th, 2021
- 2021 Startups to Watch: Ronawk's T-Blocks stack the future of stem cell research in an Olathe lab - Startland News - January 14th, 2021
- Towards a Cure: Carleton Research Team Working on Stem Cell Therapy to Reverse Type 1 Diabetes - Carleton Newsroom - January 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Assay Market | Know the aspects that will serve as game-changers for the market - BioSpace - January 14th, 2021