PALM BEACH, Fla., July 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- There is a direct link between the COVID-19 virus and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in COVID-19 patients. According to the National Institutes of Health about 80% of COVID-19 infections are mild or asymptomatic and never require hospitalization but about 5% of patients become critically ill anddevelop acute respiratory distress syndrome. An article from Johns Hopkins Medical adds that COVID-19, can cause lung complications such as pneumoniaand, in the most severe cases, acute respiratory distress syndrome As COVID-19 pneumonia progresses, more of the air sacs become filled with fluid leaking from the tiny blood vessels in the lungs. Eventually, shortness of breath sets in, and can lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome, a form of lung failure. COVID-19 patients with ARDS are often unable to breath on their own and may require ventilator support to help circulate oxygen in the body. Active healthcare stocks in news today include: Citius Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXR), Moderna, Inc., (NASDAQ: MRNA), Oragenics, Inc. (NYSE: OGEN), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE), Dynavax Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: DVAX).
Another report from ReportsAndData addresses the result of this association on ARDS revenues. They said: "The global acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) market is expected to reach USD 934.8 Million by the year 2026, at a CAGR of 6.0%. Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a respiratory disease wherein the lungs cannot adequately deliver oxygen to the vital body organs. In Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), fluid gets accumulated in tiny elastic air sacs called alveoli and creates blockade for the lungs to breathe air oxygen is not adequately delivered to the body organs, which can affect their proper functioning. Rising R&D activities by local companies and education institutes to develop advanced and effective treatment methods for ARDS can augment regional market growth."
Citius Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXR)BREAKING NEWS - Citius Pharmaceuticals Forms Scientific Advisory Board for the Planned Development of its Proprietary Treatment for Acute Respiratory Disease Associated with COVID-19 - Citius Pharmaceuticals ("Citius" or the "Company"), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing critical care drug products, announced today the formation of the Citius ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) Scientific Advisory Board to provide the company expert guidance on its planned development of induced mesenchymal stem cells (iMSCs) under option from Novellus, Inc. to treat and reduce the severity of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) associated with COVID -19.
The ARDS Advisory Board consultants are:
Michael A. Matthay, MD, Professor of Medicine and Anesthesia at the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF), a Senior Associate at the Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Associate Director of the Critical Care Medicine at UCSF. Dr. Matthay's basic research has focused on the pathogenesis and resolution of the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), with an emphasis on translational work and patient-based research, including clinical trials. Dr. Matthay's recent research has focused on the biology and potential clinical use of allogeneic bone marrow derived mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) for ARDS. He is currently leading the "Mesenchymal Stromal Cells For Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (STAT)," a United States Department of Defense supported study of MSCs for ARDS.
Mitchell M. Levy, MD, Chief, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, where he is Professor of Medicine.Dr. Levy also serves as Medical Director of the Medical ICU at Rhode Island Hospital. He has been an investigator on numerous pharmacologic and biologic trials intended to treat sepsis, cardiovascular and pulmonary pathology. He has expertise in trial design, clinical trial execution and trial management and is one of the three founding members of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign (SSC). Dr. Levy is Past-President of the Society of Critical Care Medicine (2009).
Lorraine B. Ware, MD, Professor of Medicine and Ralph and Lulu Owen Endowed Chair, Professor of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University; Director, Vanderbilt Medical Scholars Program. Dr. Lorraine Ware's comprehensive bench-to-bedside research program centers on the pathogenesis and treatment of sepsis and acute lung injury with a current focus on mechanisms of lung epithelial and endothelial oxidative injury by cell-free hemoglobin. Dr. Ware is also a lead investigator for the "Mesenchymal Stromal Cells For Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (STAT)" study.
"We are extremely pleased to have been able to attract such a prestigious group of experts to advise and guide us in the Company's planned development of iMSC's for the treatment of ARDS" said Mr. Myron Holubiak, CEO of Citius. "These individuals are recognized opinion leaders and expert in the planning and execution of clinical trials in this therapeutic area. We will be seeking their advice in all phases of our clinical trial design."Read this full release at: https://ir.citiuspharma.com/press-releases/detail/109/citius-pharmaceuticals-forms-scientific-advisory-board-for
In other healthcare news of note:
Dynavax Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: DVAX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing novel vaccines, and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai ("Mount Sinai") announced they have entered into a collaboration to develop a universal influenza (flu) vaccine. Mount Sinai's current work in this area is funded under a contract award from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), as part of the Collaborative Influenza Vaccine Innovation Centers (CIVICs) program established by NIAID.The Mount Sinai CIVICs team will evaluate a novel approach they have developed called chimeric hemagglutinin (cHA) designed to protect against all strains of influenza in combination with Dynavax's CpG 1018TM adjuvant.
The development program will support an Investigational New Drug (IND) application for Phase I clinical trials. Drs. Peter Palese, PhD, Professor and Chair of the Department of Microbiology at Mount Sinai, Adolfo-Garcia-Sastre, PhD, Director of the Global Health and Emerging Pathogens Institute, and the Irene and Dr. Arthur M. Fishberg Professor of Microbiology and Medicine (Infectious Diseases) at Mount Sinai, and Florian Krammer, PhD, Professor of Microbiology at Mount Sinai will be leading the development of the program.
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (NASDAQ: BNTX) announced the execution of an agreement with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense to meet the U.S. government's Operation Warp Speed program goal to begin delivering 300 million doses of a vaccine for COVID-19 in 2021. Under the agreement, the U.S. government will receive 100 million doses of BNT162, the COVID-19 vaccine candidate jointly developed by Pfizer and BioNTech, after Pfizer successfully manufactures and obtains approval or emergency use authorization from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Oragenics, Inc. (NYSE American: OGEN) announced that the National Institutes of Health (the "NIH") created stabilized pre-fusion spike protein (CoV-2 S-2P) licensed by the Company has generated neutralizing antibodies in mice during immunization against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
The NIH's preclinical study shows that this spike protein, adjuvanted with the TLR-4-agonist Sigma Adjuvant System (a TLR-4 agonists that induces T cell activation), generates neutralizing antibody titers in both a pseudovirus neutralization assay and a plaque reduction neutralization titer (PRNT) assay. In addition, this immunization produced a balanced Th1/Th2 response. The results are reported in Corbett et al. BioRxiv. 2020
Moderna, Inc., (NASDAQ: MRNA) a clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients, recently announced the publication of an interim analysis of the open-label Phase 1 study of mRNA-1273, its vaccine candidate against COVID-19, in The New England Journal of Medicine. This interim analysis evaluated a two-dose vaccination schedule of mRNA-1273 given 28 days apart across three dose levels (25, 100, 250 g) in 45 healthy adult participants ages 18-55 years, and reports results through Day 57. Results from participants in the initial dose cohorts who received both vaccinations and were evaluated at pre-specified timepoints reaffirm the positive interim data assessment announced on May 18th and show mRNA-1273 induced rapid and strong immune responses against SARS-CoV-2. The study was led by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
DISCLAIMER: FN Media Group LLC (FNM), which owns and operates Financialnewsmedia.com and MarketNewsUpdates.com, is a third party publisher and news dissemination service provider, which disseminates electronic information through multiple online media channels.FNM is NOT affiliated in any manner with any company mentioned herein.FNM and its affiliated companies are a news dissemination solutions provider and are NOT a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses and may NOT sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security.FNM's market updates, news alerts and corporate profiles are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities.The material in this release is intended to be strictly informational and is NEVER to be construed or interpreted as research material.All readers are strongly urged to perform research and due diligence on their own and consult a licensed financial professional before considering any level of investing in stocks.All material included herein is republished content and details which were previously disseminated by the companies mentioned in this release.FNM is not liable for any investment decisions by its readers or subscribers.Investors are cautioned that they may lose all or a portion of their investment when investing in stocks.For current services performed FNM was compensated forty five hundred dollars for news coverage of the current press releases issued by Citius Pharmaceuticals, Inc. by a non affiliated third party.FNM HOLDS NO SHARES OF ANY COMPANY NAMED IN THIS RELEASE.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. "Forward-looking statements" describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as "may", "future", "plan" or "planned", "will" or "should", "expected," "anticipates", "draft", "eventually" or "projected". You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, and other risks identified in a company's annual report on Form 10-K or 10-KSB and other filings made by such company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. You should consider these factors in evaluating the forward-looking statements included herein, and not place undue reliance on such statements. The forward-looking statements in this release are made as of the date hereof and FNM undertakes no obligation to update such statements.
Media Contact email:email@example.com +1(561)325-8757
- Eye stem cell transplant to treat blindness bolsters retinal function in monkeys - FierceBiotech - January 14th, 2021
- Induction of muscle-regenerative multipotent stem cells from human adipocytes by PDGF-AB and 5-azacytidine - Science Advances - January 14th, 2021
- RoosterBio Partners with Sartorius to Advance Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing - GlobeNewswire - January 14th, 2021
- Reversing The Aging Clock With Epigenetic Reprogramming - Bio-IT World - January 14th, 2021
- New Models in Organoids Market Open New Vistas in Stem Cell Research for Cancer, Global Valuation to Reach US$ 12.8 Bn by 2030: TMR - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2021
- Health Canada Approves ONUREG (azacitidine tablets), First Maintenance Therapy for Patients in Remission from Acute Myeloid Leukemia - Canada NewsWire - January 12th, 2021
- Stem Cells Market 2020 Research Study including Growth Factors, Types and Application to 2026| Covid-19 Impact - Farming Sector - January 9th, 2021
- The real reason behind goosebumps - Jill Lopez - January 3rd, 2021
- Synthetic lethality across normal tissues is strongly associated with cancer risk, onset, and tumor suppressor specificity - Science Advances - January 3rd, 2021
- New Approaches to the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma - Targeted Oncology - January 3rd, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapies Are Set to Expand Into More Hematologic Malignancy Indications - Targeted Oncology - December 26th, 2020
- ElevateBio's HighPassBio Presents on Novel T Cell Receptor Cell Therapy for Leukemia Relapse at 62nd Annual ASH Meeting - Business Wire - December 6th, 2020
- CRISPR and another genetic strategy fix cell defects in two common blood disorders - Science Magazine - December 6th, 2020
- Multiple sclerosis iPS-derived oligodendroglia conserve their properties to functionally interact with axons and glia in vivo - Science Advances - December 6th, 2020
- UCART22 Safe and Active in CD22-Expressing B-Cell ALLs - Targeted Oncology - December 6th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 6th, 2020
- Stem Cells Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2025 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 5th, 2020
- Stem Cell Assay to Register Substantial Expansion by 2026| Merck, Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 5th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Global Market Report 2020-30: Covid 19 Growth and Change - GlobeNewswire - November 25th, 2020
- Functionally distinct resident macrophage subsets differentially shape responses to infection in the bladder - Science Advances - November 25th, 2020
- BioRestorative Therapies Emerges from Chapter 11 Reorganization Other OTC:BRTX - GlobeNewswire - November 20th, 2020
- Jakafi and Dacogen May Improve Overall Survival in Patients with MPN - Curetoday.com - November 20th, 2020
- BRTX-100; the Story of BioRestorative Therapies Inc (OTCMKTS: BRTX) - MicroCap Daily - November 20th, 2020
- As California Passes Prop 14, What Is Stem Cell Research and Why Is It Controversial? - Newsweek - November 16th, 2020
- Organoids mimic the early development of the heart in mouse embryos - BioNews - November 16th, 2020
- Human mesenchymal stromal cells do not express ACE2 and TMPRSS2 and are not permissive to SARS-CoV-2 infection - DocWire News - November 16th, 2020
- Cynata Therapeutics (ASX:CYP) begins phase three osteoarthritis trial - The Market Herald - November 16th, 2020
- $ 30.1 billion Worth Cell Expansion Market, Led by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Terumo BCT and Others. re:Jerusalem -... - November 3rd, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Advanced Wound Care Management Market : Implications on Business Strategies, Countermeasures, Economic Impact - The Think... - November 1st, 2020
- Stem Cells Market 2020 Is Growing with Highest Size, Share of Top Key Players in the Industry and Forecast Survey Till 2024 - Zenit News - October 30th, 2020
- Somatic Mutations in UBA1 and Severe Adult-Onset Autoinflammatory Disease - DocWire News - October 30th, 2020
- JadiCell Stem Cells Licensed by Therapeutic Solutions International for Brain Injury Significantly Increased Survival of COVID-19 Patients in Double... - October 29th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid 19 On Adult Stem Cells Market 2020 Industry Challenges, Business Overview And Forecast Research Study 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- APstem Therapeutics Announces Successful FDA INTERACT Meeting Regarding AP-Skin-01, an Off-the-Shelf Allogeneic Stem Cell Product for the Treatment of... - October 29th, 2020
- Why Small Businesses Matter in Wilton (Reimagined): Interventional Orthopedics Connecticut - HamletHub - October 29th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact On Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market 2020 Future Development, Manufacturers, Trends, Share, Size And Forecast to 2027 |... - October 29th, 2020
- Cell Expansion Market a comprehensive study by key players- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Terumo BCT, Merck KGaA and... - October 24th, 2020
- Genmab Announces IFM, HOVON and Janssen Achieve Positive Topline Results in Second Part of Phase 3 CASSIOPEIA Study of Daratumumab in Multiple Myeloma... - October 24th, 2020
- What Is the Role of Allogeneic-SCT in Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in the Era of Targeted Therapies? - Targeted Oncology - October 21st, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Eurowire - October 17th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market (Covid-19 updated report), Trends, Top Manufacturers, Exponential Growth and Forecast 2020 to 2027 By Reportspedia -... - October 17th, 2020
- Was Trump's Regeneron 'Cure' Developed Using Stem Cells and Fetal Tissues? - Snopes.com - October 13th, 2020
- The complicated story of Trump's COVID treatment, stem cells and abortion politics - Baptist News Global - October 13th, 2020
- BrainStorm to Present at the 2020 Cell & Gene Meeting on the Mesa - PRNewswire - October 13th, 2020
- Human heart organoids provide unmatched insight into cardiac disease and dysfunction - BioWorld Online - October 13th, 2020
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America and Aruvant Sciences Forge New Partnership to Educate Around Gene Therapy - Herald-Mail Media - October 13th, 2020
- Q Stock; The Rise of BioRestorative Therapies Inc (OTCMKTS: BRTXQ) - MicroCap Daily - October 8th, 2020
- A Uniquely Patient-Focused Take on Treating AML in Older Adults - Medscape - October 8th, 2020
- Dust off the crystal ball: It's time for STAT's 2020 Nobel Prize predictions - STAT - October 3rd, 2020
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics to Announce Third Quarter Financial Results and Provide a Corporate Upd - PharmiWeb.com - October 3rd, 2020
- Cell Harvesting Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2018-2023 - The Market Records - October 1st, 2020
- Global Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market to Witness Exponential Rise in Revenue Share During the Forecast Period - Lake Shore Gazette - September 7th, 2020
- Keeping kids and adults alike healthy with Colostrum - North Coast Courier - September 4th, 2020
- Newly discovered molecule could play key role in treating osteoarthritis - Irish Examiner - September 4th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market (Covid 19 Impact) Research Outlook, Recent Trends and Growth Forecast 2020-2025 - TC BizNews - September 4th, 2020
- Shielded Stem Cells Improve The Cells' Ability To Heal Heart Injuries - Interesting Engineering - August 21st, 2020
- Steadman Philippon Research Institute (SPRI) Receives Multi-Million-Dollar Matching Grant from the National Institutes of Health - GlobeNewswire - August 21st, 2020
- Worldwide Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) Market Insights, Epidemiology and Forecast - 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 21st, 2020
- Genmab Announces Janssen Granted U.S. FDA Approval for DARZALEX (daratumumab) in Combination with Carfilzomib and Dexamethasone in Relapsed or... - August 21st, 2020
- Huntington's Disease Alters Human Development in the Fetal... : Neurology Today - LWW Journals - August 21st, 2020
- Researchers find method to regrow cartilage in the joints - Stanford Medical Center Report - August 18th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Reconstructive Market- Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027) - Good Night, Good Hockey - August 15th, 2020
- This revolutionary new coronavirus cure is already saving lives - BGR - August 14th, 2020
- Survivors of Pediatric Cancers May Experience Lasting Impact on Heart, Metabolic Health Following Radiation Therapy - Pharmacy Times - August 14th, 2020
- TG Therapeutics Umbralisib Development, And Other News: The Good, Bad And Ugly Of Biopharma - Seeking Alpha - August 14th, 2020
- Stem Cell And Regenerative Therapy Market Industry Outlook, Growth Prospects and Key Opportunities - Kentucky Journal 24 - August 13th, 2020
- Radiation to treat pediatric cancers may have lasting impact on heart and metabolic health - Science Codex - August 13th, 2020
- Opportunities in the Global Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPS Cell) Industry - PRNewswire - August 11th, 2020
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells market to see major growth by 2026 | Lonza Group Ltd., Life Technologies Corporation, NuVasive Inc., TiGenix NV, Sumanas,... - August 11th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Industry Analysis & Forecast (2019-2026) by Type, Service, Application and Geography. - Good Night, Good Hockey - August 11th, 2020
- Salles Speaks to the Potential Benefit of the Tafasitamab Combo in the R/R DLBCL Setting - Targeted Oncology - August 10th, 2020
- Stem Cell And Regenerative Therapy Market: Global Forecast over COVID-19 2024 - eRealty Express - August 10th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of ALLO.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 5-Aug-20 12:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 6th, 2020
- Edited Transcript of XNCR.OQ earnings conference call or presentation 4-Aug-20 8:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - August 5th, 2020
- Global Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Trends and Highlights - Bulletin Line - August 4th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Reconstructive Market- Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027)-by Sources, Cell Type, Application, End User and Region. - WOLE TV - August 3rd, 2020
- Stem Cell Reconstructive Market Will Reflect Significant Growth Prospects of US$ Mn during 2020-2025 with Major Key Player: NuVasive, Cytori... - July 30th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Reconstructive Market- Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027)-by Sources, Cell Type, Application, End User and Region. - Red... - July 30th, 2020
- Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market Insights and Business Outlook By Top Players Curasan, Inc., Carmell Therapeutics Corporation, Anika... - July 29th, 2020
- Books: Five new books to read this week - HeraldScotland - July 29th, 2020