Pivotal AUTO1 study in adult ALL patients enrolling
Conference Call and Webcast to be held Friday, June 12, 2020 at 7:30 am EDT / 12:30 pm BST
LONDON, June 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Autolus Therapeutics plc (Nasdaq: AUTL), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing next-generation programmed T cell therapies, today announced new data highlighting progress on its AUTO1 program, the companys CAR T cell therapy being investigated in the ongoing ALLCAR Phase 1 study of relapsed / refractory adult B-Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL), at the European Hematology Association EHA25 Virtual Congress beginning June 11.
AUTO1 in ALLAs of the data cut-off date of May 13, 2020, 19 patients had received AUTO1. AUTO1 was well tolerated, with no patients experiencing Grade 3 CRS. Three patients (16%) with high leukemia burden (>50% blasts) experienced Grade 3 neurotoxicity that resolved swiftly with the application of steroids. Of the 19 patients, 16 (84%) achieved MRD-negative CR. Two out of 16 patients received a transplant while in remission and CD19-negative relapse occurred in 3 (16%) patients. Durability of remissions is encouraging. Event Free Survival (EFS) and Overall Survival (OS) at 6 months are 62% and 72% respectively in all patients, and 76% and 92% respectively in the 13 patients treated with the closed (commercial) process. Median EFS and OS has not been reached, at a median follow up of 12.2 months (range up to 24.4 months).
I am very encouraged by the tolerable safety profile and high level of sustained CRs we have observed with AUTO1 in the ALLCAR19 study that was achieved without subsequent stem cell transplant, said Dr. Claire Roddie, Consultant Hematologist, UCL Cancer Institute and University College London Hospital.
Approximately 60% of adult ALL patients relapse or are refractory to first line therapy and there continues to exist a high unmet need, said Dr. Michael Bishop, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Cellular Therapy Program at University of Chicago Medicine. AUTO1 is a novel CD19 CAR T candidate with a compelling activity and safety profile and has the potential to change standard of care as a curative therapy for r/r ALL.
The data update on AUTO1 presented at this years EHA meeting show an encouraging durability of response without subsequent stem cell transplant and confirm the positive safety profile, said Dr. Christian Itin, chairman and chief executive officer of Autolus. We have started enrolment of patients with r/r aALL in our pivotal Phase 1b/2 AUTO1-AL1 study.
AUTO3 in DLBCLDr. Wendy Osborne presented ALEXANDER Phase 1/2 clinical trial data for AUTO3. This data is consistent with our update on May 29, 2020, with a data cut-off date of April 27, 2020.
These data are very encouraging, in terms of safety and tolerability, with a high level of clinical activity, said Dr. Wendy Osborne, Consultant Hematologist, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. We are looking forward to enrolling additional patients in the outpatient cohort.
Dr. Wendy Osborne of Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust also discusses AUTO3 data during the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in this video courtesy of the Lymphoma Hub.
Investor call on Friday June 12, 2020Management will host a conference call and webcast at 7:30 am EDT/12:30 pm BST to discuss the EHA data. To listen to the webcast and view the accompanying slide presentation, please go to: https://www.autolus.com/investor-relations/news-and-events/events.
The call may also be accessed by dialing (866) 679-5407 for U.S. and Canada callers or (409) 217-8320 for international callers. Please reference conference ID 4838626. After the conference call, a replay will be available for one week. To access the replay, please dial (855) 859-2056 for U.S. and Canada callers or (404) 537-3406 for international callers. Please reference conference ID 4838626.
About Autolus Therapeutics plcAutolus is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing next-generation, programmed T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. Using a broad suite of proprietary and modular T cell programming technologies, the company is engineering precisely targeted, controlled and highly active T cell therapies that are designed to better recognize cancer cells, break down their defense mechanisms and eliminate these cells. Autolus has a pipeline of product candidates in development for the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. For more information please visit http://www.autolus.com.
About AUTO1 AUTO1 is a CD19 CAR T cell investigational therapy designed to overcome the limitations in safety - while maintaining similar levels of efficacy - compared to current CD19 CAR T cell therapies. Designed to have a fast target binding off-rate to minimize excessive activation of the programmed T cells, AUTO1 may reduce toxicity and be less prone to T cell exhaustion, which could enhance persistence and improve the ability of the programmed T cells to engage in serial killing of target cancer cells. AUTO1 is currently being evaluated in two Phase 1 studies, one in pediatric ALL and one in adult ALL. The company has also now progressed the program to a potential pivotal study, AUTO1-AL1.
About AUTO1-AL1 pivotal studyThe AUTO1-AL1 study will enroll patients with relapsed / refractory ALL. The study will have a short Phase1b component prior to proceeding to a single arm Phase 2 study. The primary end point is overall response rate and the key secondary end points include duration of response MRD negative CR rate and safety. The study will enroll approximately 100 patients across 30 of the leading academic and non-academic centers in the US, UK and Europe.
About AUTO3AUTO3 is a programmed T cell therapy containing two independent chimeric antigen receptors targeting CD19 and CD22 that have each been independently optimized for single target activity. By simultaneously targeting two B cell antigens, AUTO3 is designed to minimize relapse due to single antigen loss in patients with B cell malignancies. AUTO3 is currently being tested in diffuse large B cell lymphoma in the ALEXANDER clinical trial, with a 20-patient cohort that was initiated in Q2 2020 to assess feasibility of treatment in an outpatient setting.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts, and in some cases can be identified by terms such as "may," "will," "could," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," and "believes." These statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding Autolus financial condition and results of operations, including its expected cash runway; the development of Autolus product candidates, including statements regarding the timing of initiation, completion and the outcome of pre-clinical studies or clinical trials and related preparatory work, and the periods during which the results of the studies and trials will become available; Autolus plans to research, develop, manufacture and commercialize its product candidates; the potential for Autolus product candidates to be alternatives in the therapeutic areas investigated; and Autolus manufacturing capabilities and strategy. Any forward-looking statements are based on management's current views and assumptions and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. For a discussion of other risks and uncertainties, and other important factors, any of which could cause our actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see the section titled "Risk Factors" in Autolus' Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 3, 2020 as well as discussions of potential risks, uncertainties, and other important factors in Autolus' future filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. All information in this press release is as of the date of the release, and the company undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, except as required by law.
Lucinda Crabtree, PhDVice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications+44 (0) 7587 372 firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Wilson+44 (0) 7818 email@example.com
Susan A. NoonanS.A. Noonan Communicationsfirstname.lastname@example.org
- BioRestorative Therapies Announces Notice of Allowance for a New Patent Application Related to its Off-the-Shelf ThermoStem Program -... - April 4th, 2021
- Transplant After CD19 CAR T-Cell Therapy Shows Durable Disease Control in Children, Young Adults With B-ALL - Cancer Network - April 4th, 2021
- Stem Cell Assay Market Changing Dynamics Of Competition With Forecast To 2030 The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv Network - April 4th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Reveals Enhanced Growth During The Forecast Period 2017 2025 FLA News - FLA News - March 8th, 2021
- Adult Stem Cells Market Size, Share, Global Industry Overview, Challenges, Business Overview and Forecast Research Study 2024 (Effect of the COVID-19... - February 17th, 2021
- Be The Match encourages people of color to join bone marrow registry - KING5.com - February 17th, 2021
- Discovery for turning on cell repair in tissues and organs - Monash University - February 17th, 2021
- Manageable Safety Profile Observed in Phase 1 Studies Examining UCART19 for Pediatric and Adult Patients with B-Cell ALL - Cancer Network - February 11th, 2021
- The Very First Signs of an Immune Response Have Been Filmed in a Developing Embryo - ScienceAlert - February 11th, 2021
- JSP191 With Low Dose Irradiation and Fludarabine is Safe and Effective for Patients with MRD+ AML/MDS - Cancer Network - February 9th, 2021
- Creative Bioarray Offers Stem Cell Lines Generation Service for Promoting Scientific Research - Press Release - Digital Journal - February 9th, 2021
- JSP191 With Low Dose Irradiation and Chemotherpy Demonstrates Efficacy and Safety in MRD+ AML/MDS - Targeted Oncology - February 9th, 2021
- Stem Cells Market Value to Reach Around USD 17.79 Bn by 2027 - GlobeNewswire - February 4th, 2021
- Global Adult Stem Cells Market Revenue To Witness Humongous Elevation By 2026 Market Research Store Jumbo News - Jumbo News - February 4th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Score Past US$ 40.3 Billion Valuation by 2027: At a CAGR of 21.1% KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - February 2nd, 2021
- Reduced Adult Neurogenesis Linked with Alzheimers Disease - The Scientist - February 2nd, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine (Bone and Joint) Market to Score Past US$ 14990.0 Million Valuation by 2027: CMI KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The... - February 2nd, 2021
- Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market Size to Witness A Lucrative Growth Over 2020-2027 | Curasan, Inc., Carmell Therapeutics Corporation, Anika... - February 2nd, 2021
- Adult Stem Cells Market Demand, Growth Challenges, Industry Analysis And Forecasts To 2026 | Epistem Ltd.,Globalstem,Mesoblast Ltd.,Brainstorm Cell... - February 2nd, 2021
- ToolGen ties up with 3D bioprinting company to apply induced pluripotent stem cells to gene correction - Aju Business Daily - February 2nd, 2021
- Medicine by Design researchers focus on promoting self-repair of the brain - News@UofT - January 31st, 2021
- Should You Buy Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics Inc (BCLI) Stock on Tuesday? - InvestorsObserver - January 31st, 2021
- Eye stem cell transplant to treat blindness bolsters retinal function in monkeys - FierceBiotech - January 14th, 2021
- Induction of muscle-regenerative multipotent stem cells from human adipocytes by PDGF-AB and 5-azacytidine - Science Advances - January 14th, 2021
- RoosterBio Partners with Sartorius to Advance Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing - GlobeNewswire - January 14th, 2021
- Reversing The Aging Clock With Epigenetic Reprogramming - Bio-IT World - January 14th, 2021
- New Models in Organoids Market Open New Vistas in Stem Cell Research for Cancer, Global Valuation to Reach US$ 12.8 Bn by 2030: TMR - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2021
- Health Canada Approves ONUREG (azacitidine tablets), First Maintenance Therapy for Patients in Remission from Acute Myeloid Leukemia - Canada NewsWire - January 12th, 2021
- Stem Cells Market 2020 Research Study including Growth Factors, Types and Application to 2026| Covid-19 Impact - Farming Sector - January 9th, 2021
- The real reason behind goosebumps - Jill Lopez - January 3rd, 2021
- Synthetic lethality across normal tissues is strongly associated with cancer risk, onset, and tumor suppressor specificity - Science Advances - January 3rd, 2021
- New Approaches to the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma - Targeted Oncology - January 3rd, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapies Are Set to Expand Into More Hematologic Malignancy Indications - Targeted Oncology - December 26th, 2020
- ElevateBio's HighPassBio Presents on Novel T Cell Receptor Cell Therapy for Leukemia Relapse at 62nd Annual ASH Meeting - Business Wire - December 6th, 2020
- CRISPR and another genetic strategy fix cell defects in two common blood disorders - Science Magazine - December 6th, 2020
- Multiple sclerosis iPS-derived oligodendroglia conserve their properties to functionally interact with axons and glia in vivo - Science Advances - December 6th, 2020
- UCART22 Safe and Active in CD22-Expressing B-Cell ALLs - Targeted Oncology - December 6th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Cheshire Media - December 6th, 2020
- Stem Cells Market is Expected to Thrive at Impressive CAGR by 2025 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 5th, 2020
- Stem Cell Assay to Register Substantial Expansion by 2026| Merck, Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 5th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Global Market Report 2020-30: Covid 19 Growth and Change - GlobeNewswire - November 25th, 2020
- Functionally distinct resident macrophage subsets differentially shape responses to infection in the bladder - Science Advances - November 25th, 2020
- BioRestorative Therapies Emerges from Chapter 11 Reorganization Other OTC:BRTX - GlobeNewswire - November 20th, 2020
- Jakafi and Dacogen May Improve Overall Survival in Patients with MPN - Curetoday.com - November 20th, 2020
- BRTX-100; the Story of BioRestorative Therapies Inc (OTCMKTS: BRTX) - MicroCap Daily - November 20th, 2020
- As California Passes Prop 14, What Is Stem Cell Research and Why Is It Controversial? - Newsweek - November 16th, 2020
- Organoids mimic the early development of the heart in mouse embryos - BioNews - November 16th, 2020
- Human mesenchymal stromal cells do not express ACE2 and TMPRSS2 and are not permissive to SARS-CoV-2 infection - DocWire News - November 16th, 2020
- Cynata Therapeutics (ASX:CYP) begins phase three osteoarthritis trial - The Market Herald - November 16th, 2020
- $ 30.1 billion Worth Cell Expansion Market, Led by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Terumo BCT and Others. re:Jerusalem -... - November 3rd, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Advanced Wound Care Management Market : Implications on Business Strategies, Countermeasures, Economic Impact - The Think... - November 1st, 2020
- Stem Cells Market 2020 Is Growing with Highest Size, Share of Top Key Players in the Industry and Forecast Survey Till 2024 - Zenit News - October 30th, 2020
- Somatic Mutations in UBA1 and Severe Adult-Onset Autoinflammatory Disease - DocWire News - October 30th, 2020
- JadiCell Stem Cells Licensed by Therapeutic Solutions International for Brain Injury Significantly Increased Survival of COVID-19 Patients in Double... - October 29th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid 19 On Adult Stem Cells Market 2020 Industry Challenges, Business Overview And Forecast Research Study 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- APstem Therapeutics Announces Successful FDA INTERACT Meeting Regarding AP-Skin-01, an Off-the-Shelf Allogeneic Stem Cell Product for the Treatment of... - October 29th, 2020
- Why Small Businesses Matter in Wilton (Reimagined): Interventional Orthopedics Connecticut - HamletHub - October 29th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact On Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market 2020 Future Development, Manufacturers, Trends, Share, Size And Forecast to 2027 |... - October 29th, 2020
- Cell Expansion Market a comprehensive study by key players- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Terumo BCT, Merck KGaA and... - October 24th, 2020
- Genmab Announces IFM, HOVON and Janssen Achieve Positive Topline Results in Second Part of Phase 3 CASSIOPEIA Study of Daratumumab in Multiple Myeloma... - October 24th, 2020
- What Is the Role of Allogeneic-SCT in Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in the Era of Targeted Therapies? - Targeted Oncology - October 21st, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19) - Eurowire - October 17th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market (Covid-19 updated report), Trends, Top Manufacturers, Exponential Growth and Forecast 2020 to 2027 By Reportspedia -... - October 17th, 2020
- Was Trump's Regeneron 'Cure' Developed Using Stem Cells and Fetal Tissues? - Snopes.com - October 13th, 2020
- The complicated story of Trump's COVID treatment, stem cells and abortion politics - Baptist News Global - October 13th, 2020
- BrainStorm to Present at the 2020 Cell & Gene Meeting on the Mesa - PRNewswire - October 13th, 2020
- Human heart organoids provide unmatched insight into cardiac disease and dysfunction - BioWorld Online - October 13th, 2020
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America and Aruvant Sciences Forge New Partnership to Educate Around Gene Therapy - Herald-Mail Media - October 13th, 2020
- Q Stock; The Rise of BioRestorative Therapies Inc (OTCMKTS: BRTXQ) - MicroCap Daily - October 8th, 2020
- A Uniquely Patient-Focused Take on Treating AML in Older Adults - Medscape - October 8th, 2020
- Dust off the crystal ball: It's time for STAT's 2020 Nobel Prize predictions - STAT - October 3rd, 2020
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics to Announce Third Quarter Financial Results and Provide a Corporate Upd - PharmiWeb.com - October 3rd, 2020
- Cell Harvesting Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2018-2023 - The Market Records - October 1st, 2020
- Global Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market to Witness Exponential Rise in Revenue Share During the Forecast Period - Lake Shore Gazette - September 7th, 2020
- Keeping kids and adults alike healthy with Colostrum - North Coast Courier - September 4th, 2020
- Newly discovered molecule could play key role in treating osteoarthritis - Irish Examiner - September 4th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market (Covid 19 Impact) Research Outlook, Recent Trends and Growth Forecast 2020-2025 - TC BizNews - September 4th, 2020
- Shielded Stem Cells Improve The Cells' Ability To Heal Heart Injuries - Interesting Engineering - August 21st, 2020
- Steadman Philippon Research Institute (SPRI) Receives Multi-Million-Dollar Matching Grant from the National Institutes of Health - GlobeNewswire - August 21st, 2020
- Worldwide Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) Market Insights, Epidemiology and Forecast - 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 21st, 2020