Stem Cell Therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Today, new treatments and advances in Rheumatoid Arthritis research are giving new hope to people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. StemGenexStem Cell Research Centreprovides stem cell therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis to help those with unmet clinical needs achieve optimum health and better quality of life. A clinical study registered through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) atwww.clinicaltrials.gov/stemgenex has been established to evaluate the quality of life changes in individuals with Rheumatoid Arthritis following stem cell therapy.
Stem cell therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis is being studied for efficacy in improving the complications in patients through the use of their own stem cells. These Rheumatoid Arthritis therapies may help patients who dont respond to typical drug treatment, want to reduce their reliance on medication, or are looking to try stem cell therapy before starting drug treatment.
To learn more about becoming a patient and receiving stem cell therapy through StemGenex Stem Cell Research Centre, please contact one of our Patient Advocates at (800) 609-7795.Below are some frequently asked questions about stem cell treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that attacks the bodys own tissues, specifically the synovium, a thin membrane that lines the joints. As a result of the attack, fluid builds up in the joints, causing pain in the joints and inflammation thats systemic.
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a chronic disease that can lead to long-term joint damage, resulting in chronic pain and loss of function and disability. Individuals suffering with Rheumatoid Arthritis can experience intermittent bouts of intense disease activity, called flares. In some individuals, the disease is continuously active and progressively becomes worse over time while others enjoy long periods of remission with no disease activity or symptoms. Early diagnosis and aggressive stem cell treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis can potentially help improve patients' quality of life.
Stem cells that come from your adipose (fat) tissue have distinct functional properties including immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory functional properties which have the capability of repairing and regenerating damaged tissue associated with disease and injury.
Upholding the highest levels of ethical conduct, safety and efficacy is our primary focus. Five clinical stem cell studies for Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are registered through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/stemgenex. Each clinical study is reviewed and approved by an independent Institutional Review Board (IRB) to ensure proper oversight and protocols are being followed.
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of human tissue and have the ability to repair, rebuild, and rejuvenate tissues in the body. When a disease or injury strikes, stem cells respond to specific signals and set about to facilitate the healing process by differentiating into specialized cells required for the bodys repair.
There are four known types of stem cells which include:
StemGenex provides autologous adult stem cells (from fat tissue) where the stem cells come from the person receiving treatment.
StemGenex provides autologous adult adipose-derived stem cells (from fat tissue) where the stem cells come from the person receiving treatment.
We tap into our bodys stem cell reserve daily to repair and replace damaged or diseased tissue. When the bodys reserve is limited and as it becomes depleted, the regenerative power of our body decreases and we succumb to disease and injury.
Three sources of stem cells from a patients body are used clinically which include adipose tissue (fat), bone marrow and peripheral blood.
Performed by Board Certified Physicians, dormant stem cells are extracted from the patients adipose tissue (fat) through a minimally invasive mini-liposuction procedure with little to no downtime.
During the liposuction procedure, a small area (typically the abdomen) is numbed with an anesthetic and patients receive mild to moderate sedation. Next, the extracted dormant stem cells are isolated from the fat and activated, and then comfortably infused back into the patient intravenously (IV) and via other directly targeted methods of administration. The out-patient procedure takes approximately four to five hours.
StemGenex provides multiple administration methods for Rheumatoid Arthritis patients to best target the disease related conditions and symptoms which include:
Since each condition and patient are unique, there is no guarantee of what results will be achieved or how quickly they may be observed. According to patient feedback, many patients report results in one to three months, however, it may take as long as six to nine months. Individuals interested in stem cell therapy are urged to consult with their physician before choosing investigational autologous adipose-derived stem cell therapy as a treatment option.
In order to determine if you are a good candidate for adult stem cell treatment, you will need to complete a medical history form which will be provided by your StemGenex Patient Advocate. Once you complete and submit your medical history form, our medical team will review your records and determine if you are a qualified candidate for adult stem cell therapy.
StemGenex team members are here to help assist and guide you through the patient process.
Patients travel to StemGenex located in Del Mar, California located in San Diego County for stem cell treatment from all over the United States, Canada and around the globe. Treatment will consist of one visit lasting a total of three days. The therapy is minimally invasive and there is little to no down time. Majority of patients fly home the day after treatment.
We provide stem cell therapy for a wide variety of diseases and conditions for which traditional treatment offers less than optimal options. Some conditions include Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
The side effects of the mini-liposuction procedure are minimal and may include but are not limited to: minor swelling, bruising and redness at the procedure site, minor fever, headache, or nausea. However, these side effects typically last no longer than 24 hours and are experienced mostly by people with sensitivity to mild anesthesia. No long-term negative side effects or risks have been reported.
The side effects of adipose-derived stem cell therapy are minimal and may include but are not limited to: infection, minor bleeding at the treatment sites and localized pain. However, these side effects typically last no longer than 24 hours. No long-term negative side effects or risks have been reported.
StemGenex provides adult stem cell treatment with mesenchymal stem cells which come from the person receiving treatment. Embryonic stem cells are typically associated with ethical and political controversies.
The FDA is currently in the process of defining a regulatory path for cellular therapies. A Scientific Workshop and Public Hearing Draft Guidances Relating to the Regulation of Human Cells, Tissues or Cellular or Tissue-Based Products was held in September 2016 at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. Currently, stem cell treatment is not FDA approved.
In March 2016, bipartisan legislation, the REGROW Act was introduced to the Senate and House of Representatives to develop and advance stem cell therapies.
Stem cell treatment is not covered by health insurance at this time. The cost for standard preoperative labs are included. Additional specific labs may be requested at the patients expense.
Joint inflammation is a hallmark of rheumatoid arthritis. That includes: Stiffness, Swelling, Pain, Redness and Warmth, Fatigue, Malaise, Loss of Appetite and Muscle Aches.
See more here:
Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Treatment | StemGenex
- Stem Cell Therapy: Alternative Treatment to Hip & Knee ... - November 22nd, 2021
- How The Overlap Between Artificial Intelligence And Stem Cell Research Is Producing Exciting Results - Forbes - November 22nd, 2021
- Selma Blair Posts Nude Diving Photo After MS Stem Cell ... - November 22nd, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Reduces Need for Nearly 10% of Hip Replacements - Yale School of Medicine - November 22nd, 2021
- Stem cell therapy for heart failure lowers risk of adverse outcomes - Cardiovascular Business - November 22nd, 2021
- A second HIV patient may have been 'cured' of infection without stem cell treatment, in extremely rare case - CNN - November 22nd, 2021
- The Promise of Stem Cells to Help Children with Autism - Entrepreneur - November 22nd, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market Competition Forecast & Opportunities to 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Galveston County Daily News - November 22nd, 2021
- Dr Pengyi Yang wins National Stem Cell Foundation Metcalf Prize - News - The University of Sydney - November 22nd, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies Enters into Letter of Intent with PRC Clinical - BioSpace - November 22nd, 2021
- SC21- 21st century cellular medicines specialists - The Thaiger - November 22nd, 2021
- From asthma to cancer to infertility, the new treatments, jabs and meds making us healthier... - The Sun - November 22nd, 2021
- New hope for bowel cancer patients as fresh partnership between Carina Biotech and CellVec enables advancement of clinical trials. - Bio-IT World - November 22nd, 2021
- FDA Approves Merck's KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) as Adjuvant Therapy for Certain Patients With Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) Following Surgery - Business... - November 22nd, 2021
- Mum with brain fog and pins and needles in hands devastated by 'ticking time bomb' MS - Mirror.co.uk - November 22nd, 2021
- CAR T-cell therapy: Hear from a Canadian patient - CTV News - November 8th, 2021
- Talaris therapy ends need for immune drugs in transplant patients - - pharmaphorum - November 8th, 2021
- Treatment Sequencing Could Change With Complementary Combinations and CAR T Options in B-ALL - OncLive - November 8th, 2021
- Parkinson's gene therapy restores responses to dopamine-boosting drug in mouse models - FierceBiotech - November 8th, 2021
- Studies: CAR-T therapies superior to standard treatment in blood cancer - STAT - November 8th, 2021
- Salit Discusses the Use of Staging and Grading for Patients With GVHD to Choose Appropriate Treatment - Targeted Oncology - November 8th, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Highlights Recent Business Updates - BioSpace - November 8th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand, Trends and Forecast to 2026 - Northwest Diamond Notes - November 8th, 2021
- BioLineRx Announces an Oral Presentation and Three Poster Presentations at the 63rd American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting &... - November 8th, 2021
- CRISPR Therapeutics Provides Business Update and Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results - Yahoo Finance - November 8th, 2021
- Bacterial Infections Linked with Unapproved Stem Cell Treatments - Contagionlive.com - October 28th, 2021
- Team finds way to enhance stem cell therapy for CNS injuries - BioPharma-Reporter.com - October 28th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy can help combat common symptoms of aging - The Mountaineer - October 28th, 2021
- Stem Cells Used to Treat Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head - Yale School of Medicine - October 28th, 2021
- Vitti Labs Announces FDA Approval of IND Application for Phase II Clinical Trial of Combination Mesenchymal Stem Cell and Exosome Treatment of Novel... - October 28th, 2021
- Biohaven Enrolls Phase 1a/1b Clinical Trial of BHV-1100, Lead Asset from its ARM (Antibody Recruiting Molecule) Platform, in Combination with NK Cell... - October 28th, 2021
- The Power of the Immune System: New Treatment for Painful Blood Cancer Side Effect - Curetoday.com - October 28th, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Market Research Report 2021: Opportunities with the Approval of Kymriah and Yescarta Across Various Countries -... - October 28th, 2021
- Pursuing Optimal Therapy Remains a Challenge in Indolent B-Cell Lymphoma - Targeted Oncology - October 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report by Cell Source, by Type, by Therapeutic Application, by End-User, by Region - Global Forecast to 2026 -... - October 16th, 2021
- Harvard's R&D alliance with Resilience to advance manufacture of complex medicines - Harvard Gazette - October 16th, 2021
- A New Line of Defense in Blood Cancer: Natural Killer Cell Therapy - Curetoday.com - October 16th, 2021
- Dr. Kahl on the Potential Utility of Frontline CAR T-Cell Therapy in MCL - OncLive - October 16th, 2021
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market By Type (Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Bone Marrow Transplant, Adipose Tissue Stem Cells) and By... - October 16th, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics Outlines Comprehensive Presence at the European Society of Gene & Cell Therapy Congress - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2021
- Taking aim at the brain, Takeda strikes up cell therapy R&D alliance with Immusoft - MedCity News - October 16th, 2021
- Dr. Erba on the Evolution of Treatment in MCL - OncLive - October 16th, 2021
- Newer Agents for DLBCL Show Potential for Earlier Use in the Course of Treatment - Targeted Oncology - October 16th, 2021
- FDA Approves Genentech's Tecentriq as Adjuvant Treatment for Certain People With Early Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Business Wire - October 16th, 2021
- Worldwide Cell Therapy Consumables Industry to 2031 - Featuring Bio-Techne, Irvine Scientific and Sartorius Among Others - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2021
- International ZIM Network: SmartMed - Regenerative Solutions for the Therapies of Tomorrow - Business Wire - October 16th, 2021
- BioLineRx Announces Positive Results from Pharmacoeconomic Study Positioning Motixafortide as Potential Standard of Care in Stem Cell Mobilization -... - October 16th, 2021
- FTC Follows Through On Prioritizing Investigations Into False Advertising In Healthcare Markets - Media, Telecoms, IT, Entertainment - United States -... - October 16th, 2021
- Molecular Atlas of Small Cell Lung Cancer Reveals Unusual Cell Type That Could Explain Why Its So Aggressive - On Cancer - Memorial Sloan Kettering - October 16th, 2021
- Actress Jennifer Garner Visits with 7-Year-Old Girl Fighting B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia; What is the Treatment for This Disease? -... - October 16th, 2021
- Four-year-old girl with stage four cancer trying to get to America for clinical trial - Lancashire Telegraph - October 16th, 2021
- Stem cell & gene therapy to treat osteogenesis imperfecta: hype or hope - Open Access Government - October 5th, 2021
- Chennai-based institute to begin clinical trial on stem cell therapy for liver disease - The New Indian Express - October 5th, 2021
- "Stem cell-based therapeutics poised to become mainstream option - BSA bureau - October 5th, 2021
- Anja Health Disrupts Cord Blood Banking with Heartfelt Founding Story and Ground-Breaking Mission - Digital Journal - October 5th, 2021
- Longeveron Successfully Advancing its Cell-Based Therapy Studies in a Growing Industry Segment - Yahoo Finance - October 5th, 2021
- Ready to Treat Over 80 Life-Threatening Diseases, Discover the Potential of Cord Blood during World Cord Blood Day 2021 - PRNewswire - October 5th, 2021
- Transforming Growth Factor Sales Gaining Traction & to reach US$ 709.9 Mn with Significant Development in Cell Therapy Research - PRNewswire - October 5th, 2021
- StemExpress Partners with the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine to Provide COVID-19 Testing for the Cell and Gene Meeting on the Mesa - WITN - October 5th, 2021
- Brazil investigates the use of stem cells in the treatment of covid-19 The Clare People - The Clare People - October 5th, 2021
- Indianapolis mother gives 13-year-old son with sickle cell disease a 2nd chance at life - WTHR - October 5th, 2021
- US FDA Approves Kite's Tecartus as the First and Only Car T for Adults With Relapsed or Refractory B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia | DNA RNA and... - October 5th, 2021
- Lack of awareness about blood stem cell donation is one of the leading causes for low number of donors in In.. - ETHealthworld.com - October 5th, 2021
- 'Survivor' winner Ethan Zohn opens up about his cancer battle: I was a healthy, young guy. You never expect it to be you. - Yahoo Life - October 5th, 2021
- The Best Skincare Treatments For Time-Crunched Moms (Or Anyone Else Who Only Has Five Minutes To Spare) - Forbes - October 5th, 2021
- [PDF] Stem Cell Therapy Market Size Strong Revenue and Generated Opportunities UNLV The Rebel Yell - UNLV The Rebel Yell - August 31st, 2021
- Mike Tysons weird stem cell treatment has helped transform incredible body at 55 - Daily Star - August 31st, 2021
- Acute Monocytic Leukemia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment - Healthline - August 31st, 2021
- UC Davis and the School of Medicine set new records in research funding - UC Davis Health - August 31st, 2021
- NCCN Issues Updated Guidelines Regarding Third COVID-19 Vaccine Booster for Those With Cancer - Cancer Network - August 31st, 2021
- DHEC Supports Awareness and Education during National Sickle Cell Awareness Month - SCDHEC - August 31st, 2021
- The emerging roles of the gut microbiome in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation - DocWire News - August 31st, 2021
- Global Cryopreservation Equipment Market Report 2021-2028 - Growing Acceptance for Regenerative Medicine & Increasing Needs of Biobanking... - August 31st, 2021
- Operational Highlights and Financial Results for the Year Ended June 30, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - August 31st, 2021
- Event to benefit 2 families with kids fighting cancer - Youngstown Vindicator - August 31st, 2021
- Cryo-Cell International Announces Uplisting to The Nasdaq Capital Market - GlobeNewswire - August 31st, 2021
- Incyte and MorphoSys Announce the European Commission Approval of Minjuvi (tafasitamab) in Combination With Lenalidomide for the Treatment of Adults... - August 31st, 2021
- Thomas Smeenk with an update on the FDA Phase II clinical trial program of the Hemostemix blood-derived, stem cell therapeutics product (ACP-01) -... - August 31st, 2021
- 2021 Pipeline Insight Report on Myocardial Infarction - Featuring AstraZeneca, Mesoblast and Boehringer Ingelheim Among Others -... - August 31st, 2021
- Mini brains grown in the lab sprout primitive eyes - Freethink - August 31st, 2021