STEM CELL THERAPIES BREAKING BARRIERSPhysicians all over the world are increasingly employing stem cell therapies for the treatment of chronic diseases including hypertension, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, neurological disorders, asthma, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal cord injuries, female and male sexual dysfunction, joint pain and autoimmune disease. INSET is Dr. David Ikudayisi, of the Glory Wellness and Regenerative Centre PHOTO CREDIT: http://theconversation.com
Technology offers groundbreaking new treatment option for chronic diseases to patients Physicians all over the world are increasingly employing stem cell therapies for the treatment of chronic diseases including hypertension, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, neurological disorders, asthma, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal cord injuries, female and male sexual dysfunction, joint pain and autoimmune disease.
A study published last week in the FASEB Journal showed that a new therapy developed through stem cell technology holds promise as a treatment for chronic asthma.
Also, researchers have successfully patched up damaged hearts to treat heart failure, using the patients own muscle stem cells but another study published last week in journal Circulation found that the treatment could be more harmful than helpful if cardiac stem cells are involved.
In another study published in the journal Science Translational Medicine, team of investigators has successfully repaired severe limb fractures in laboratory animals with an innovative technique that cues bone to regrow its own tissue. If found to be safe and effective in humans, the pioneering method of combining ultrasound, stem cell and gene therapies could eventually replace grafting as a way to mend severely broken bones.
Using new gene-editing technology, researchers have rewired mouse stem cells to fight inflammation caused by arthritis and other chronic conditions. According to the study published in the journal Stem Cell Reports, such stem cells, known as SMART cells (Stem cells Modified for Autonomous Regenerative Therapy), develop into cartilage cells that produce a biologic anti-inflammatory drug that, ideally, will replace arthritic cartilage and simultaneously protect joints and other tissues from damage that occurs with chronic inflammation.
Scientists have for the first time created a special type of neuron from human stem cells that could potentially repair spinal cord injuries. The study was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Also, early results of a clinical trial suggest that stem cell therapy may be a promising treatment for erectile dysfunction, after the procedure was found to restore sexual function in men with the condition.
Meanwhile, the ANOVA IRM Stem Cell Centre has opened its doors in Frankfurt, Germany offering a groundbreaking new treatment option to patients worldwide.
One of the pioneers of stem cell therapy in Nigeria, Dr. David Ikudayisi, of the Glory Wellness and Regenerative Centre, with clinics in Abuja and Lagos, told The Guardian that there are several thousand clinical trials based on autologous (patients own) Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs). He said these type of stem cells are relatively easy to obtain from a patient via bone marrow blood or fat tissue and have been shown to hold vast healing potential.
Ikudayisi is a United States (U.S.) Board Certified Internist with a strong passion for regenerative aesthetic and cosmetic medicine.
Ikudayisi said ASCT and Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRPT) are under a new specialty of medicine known as regenerative medicine, which is a specialist segment of medicine that helps people to naturally regenerate and rejuvenate their bodies from the different conditions they may be suffering from without using chemicals or the orthodox medicine we are used to.
ASCT may hold answers to many questions and problems that we doctors believed had no solutions, especially neurological disorders. Adult stem cell therapy with or without PRPT revitalizes and regenerates the body organs and systems; it also reverses and repairs many pending subclinical medical problems before they become apparent, including the diseases that are age-related, Ikudayisi said.
He said that ASCT and PRPT are safe as shown by many published research reports and clinical trials done already. He, however, said this does not guarantee that adverse effects cannot occur if physicians that are not properly trained do the treatment.
The US-trained said ASCT has helped a lot of people all over the world to regain their lives back from debilitating ailments and Nigerians are not left behind. He said there are real people in Nigeria that were either wheelchair bound but now walking freely with occasional use of a cane or using a cane before but now walking without one; diabetes patients are able to have restoration of vision in their eyes, and some feel and look younger.
He said ASCT has helped chronic kidney disease patients in Nigeria that are on haemodialysis to either reduce the frequency of haemodialysis per week or like in a patient that was recommended to have kidney transplant a year ago is now off haemodialysis and off diabetic medications, and remain stable for the last six months.
Ikudayisi said men with erectile dysfunction are now feeling like young men again. He further explained: I would be remiss to mention that the type of treatment protocol, the dosage of stem cells used also play a role in the efficacy of the treatment, and not everyone will respond in the same manner. Most of the patients showed improvements after the first treatment, and the few that needed second treatment went on to see great results after more treatments were done; needless to say that they were elated with the results.
The only groups of patients that will always need more than a couple of transplantation sessions are patients with the neurological disorders. The latest researches and evidence-based studies show the number of treatment session needed to get significant clinical results can decreased by adding Exosomes to the treatment sessions.
Ikudayisi said there are some diseases that conventional treatments have no cure for, but ASCT can reverse the symptoms of those diseases, repair, and regenerate the damaged tissues or organs involved. He explained: In some cases, it significantly slows down the progression of the disorder. For example, it can regenerate the bony joints in arthritis, repair and strengthen partial Rotator cuff tears and avascular necrosis of the hip without surgery, revitalize the sexual organs in men and women, regenerate renal cells in kidney diseases, modulate immune system without use of medications that have very serious side effects in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, Crohns disease, etc. Another advantage is its application in neurological disorders like Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and spinal cord injury.
Ikudayisi said ASCT can gradually lower diabetic medications dosage and eventually may get the patients off diabetic medications. This is evidenced by stem cells in a hyperglycemic medium differentiating into pancreatic cells; therefore leading to increased development of new blood vessels, secretion of various products of the immune system, and up-regulation of pancreatic transcription factors and vascular growth factor. This aids the pancreas to regenerate and boost its ability to produce insulin. In stroke patients, stem cells activate cells around the suffering brain tissue to catalyze rapid healing and to improve brain function, thereby restoring motor function. Until recently, it was believed that damage to the brain tissue was permanent. This is being challenged by the evidences of re-growth of brain cells and improvements of neurological function documented with the use of adult stem cells, he said.
Ikudayisi said a procedure called P-Shot for Men uses PRPT to resolve challenges relating to erectile dysfunction by regenerating the damaged tissues. It gives treated men the possibility of saving their relationships by increasing stamina, enjoying bigger and harder genitals, and eventually increasing the length and girth. Orgasm-Shot for Women, the regenerative medicine procedure for womens sexual function, leads to increased ability to have orgasm, better arousal from clitoris stimulation, decreased pain during intercourse, tighter vaginal opening, increased sexual desire and natural lubrication, and increased arousal from G-spot stimulation. In addition, because of the O-Shot rejuvenation capabilities, there is help available for women suffering from urinary stress incontinence without the need for invasive surgery, he said.
Ikudayisi said since the stem cells used are autologous, there is no risk of rejection of the stem cell transplant, but as with any procedure, there is a risk of infection, which can be very minimal or non-existent if done under the right conditions. He said adult stem cells transplantation can also be considered by people looking for alternative treatments especially in the areas of diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease, female and male sexual dysfunction, joint pain, neurological disorder and autoimmune disease.
The regenerative medicine expert, however, said: Currently, the cost of treatment varies, and it is not for everyone. However, you cant place a price tag on life just as the saying goes that Health is wealth.
1 day ago Food and Drink
1 day ago Health
2 days ago Features
3 days ago Features
3 days ago Features
Here is the original post:
Stem cell therapies breaking barriers - Guardian (blog)
- Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2018-2026) - Bulletin 99 - January 25th, 2020
- MDA Awards Venture Philanthropy Funding of More Than $1M to AavantiBio to Develop Gene-Targeting Therapy for Friedreich's Ataxia - P&T Community - January 14th, 2020
- Oncocyte Announces the Commercial Availability of DetermaRx, the First Test for Chemotherapy Benefit Prediction in Patients with Early Stage Non-Small... - January 14th, 2020
- The Region's Health Leaders on What's New and What the Next Decade Will Bring - Business West - January 9th, 2020
- Endothelial Dysfunction Industry 2019-2025 Market Analysis by Size, Share, Growth, Regional, Manufactures, Application and Forecast Research Report -... - January 9th, 2020
- Cell Harvesting Market is Expected to Reach USD 387.9 Million by 2025| Bertin, Tomtec, Terumo BCT, HynoDent AG, Avita Medical, Argos Technologies -... - January 9th, 2020
- Insights on precision oncology developments in Japan and beyond - MobiHealthNews - January 6th, 2020
- Novel discovery in gene therapy to treat kidney diseases - WeForNews - January 5th, 2020
- Top Providers of the Alpha Thalassemia Market gives a New Dimension easing Measurement and Quantification - GuruFocus.com - December 27th, 2019
- This was the best health news over the last decade - USA TODAY - December 18th, 2019
- US Network of Specialized Angelman Clinics to Double Thanks to New Partnership - Angelman Syndrome News - December 13th, 2019
- ICMR issues guidelines for gene therapy in India - Daily Pioneer - December 13th, 2019
- Mergers and Acquisitions Will Strengthen Payer Identity in 2020 - HealthPayerIntelligence.com - December 13th, 2019
- University of Iowa researchers say $18 million grant could soon lead to cure for rare brain disease - KCRG - December 13th, 2019
- Parkinsons Disease Treatment Market 2019- Global Industry Analysis, by Key Players, Segmentation, Application, Demand and Forecast by 2025 - Tribunal... - December 13th, 2019
- Cancer gene therapy backed by Blackstone gets trial win - BioPharma Dive - December 6th, 2019
- Counterculture 73: Summer Jam, Timothy Leary and the Sexual Revolution - Rolling Stone - December 6th, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Size, Status and Forecast 2025 Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and - The Market Stats News - December 6th, 2019
- World AIDS Day 2019: 37.9M people worldwide were living with HIV at the end of 2018 - USA TODAY - December 2nd, 2019
- Global Parkinsons Disease Treatment Market 2019 Analysis by Industry Growth, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast by 2025 - Eastlake Times - November 30th, 2019
- Diabetic foot wounds kill millions, but high-tech solutions and teamwork are making a difference - Thehour.com - November 28th, 2019
- Macular Degeneration Treatment Market and its Future Outlook and Trend During the Period of 2019 2026 - The Chicago Sentinel - November 25th, 2019
- Edited Transcript of BLFS earnings conference call or presentation 12-Nov-19 9:30pm GMT - Yahoo Finance - November 20th, 2019
- U.S. stem cell clinic offering unapproved therapies brings direct-to-consumer marketing to Ottawa - Ottawa Citizen - November 18th, 2019
- Hemophilia Treatment Market Dynamics, Pin-Point Analysis, Comprehensive Landscape, Demand Key Factors, Market Segments Regions, Therapy For Hemophilia... - November 18th, 2019
- Abuse in cell banking services a global problem - Bioprocess Insider - BioProcess Insider - November 14th, 2019
- Anti-Aging Products and Therapies Market Outlook: Investors Still Miss the Big Assessment - The Market Journal - November 11th, 2019
- Tip Sheet: A clever way to make an AIDS vaccine; how a common cancer mutation actually drives cancer; and a new process that regulates red blood cell... - November 9th, 2019
- Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market Industry Analysis And Forecast (2018-2026) - The Market Expedition - November 6th, 2019
- Davenport & Company Upped By $3.56 Million Its Sgmo (SGMO) Holding; EMPOWER CLINICS ORDINARY SHARES (EPWCF) Shorts Raised By 2360% - MS Wkly - November 6th, 2019
- Dr Batra's have launched a new genetics-based therapy that predicts future diseases - Gulf Today - October 31st, 2019
- Deepak Chopra Has Never Been Sick - The New Yorker - October 18th, 2019
- The Patient Perspective On Patient Centricity Insights From A Veteran Of 5 Clinical Trials - Clinical Leader - October 12th, 2019
- Parkinsons Disease Treatment Analysis, Trends, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities & Forecast to 2025 - The Ukiah Post - October 11th, 2019
- Transfusion-dependent Anemia Treatment Market Gain Impetus due to the Growing Demand over 2019 2029 - Herald Space - October 1st, 2019
- Non-viral Gene Therapy will now accelerate cancer study - Industry Reporter - September 28th, 2019
- Social Impact Heroes: How Lynn OConnor Vos and the Muscular Dystrophy Association are helping to raise billions of dollars to fund research to... - September 28th, 2019
- Pollard and Norris in the race for Pos. 2 of the Public Hospital District 4 - Snoqualmie Valley Record - September 28th, 2019
- Nearly Half of Poland's SMA Patients on Track to Get Spinraza, Experts Say - SMA News Today - September 28th, 2019
- Prospective Study Characterizes PCa Risk Linked to BRCA1, BRCA2 Mutations - Renal and Urology News - September 28th, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market Forecast Research Reports Offers Key Insights 2017 2025 - Space Market Research - September 28th, 2019
- Google bans ads for 'bad actors' selling 'deceptive treatments' - BioEdge - September 22nd, 2019
- Texas State To Expand Round Rock Campus Programs, Services - Round Rock, TX Patch - September 22nd, 2019
- Transfusion-dependent Anemia Treatment Market Size, Status and Growth Opportunities by 2025 - The Market Plan - September 22nd, 2019
- Chemotherapy Drugs Market Strategies, Major Industry Participants, Marketing Channels and Forecast To2018 2028 - Commerce Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- Targeted Cancer Therapies Market Regional Landscape, Production, Sales & Consumption Status and Prospects 2025 - Commerce Gazette - September 22nd, 2019
- Precision Cancer Therapies Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2017 2025 - Technology Trend - September 22nd, 2019
- Biological Product Manufacturing Market Analysis, Size, Regional Outlook, Share, Trend, Growth, Analysis and Forecast - Rapid News Network - September 22nd, 2019
- Google Bans Advertising on Unproven Medical Treatments (like Stem Cells) - Bedford Bulletin - September 22nd, 2019
- 4 Barriers To Cell And Gene Therapy Development For Rare ... - May 18th, 2019
- Gene Therapy: The New Frontier for Inherited Retinal Disease - April 16th, 2019
- Nutrition : The Addiction Recovery Guide - March 25th, 2019
- F.D.A. Speeds Review of Gene Therapies, Vowing to Target ... - February 17th, 2019
- Cell and Gene Therapy Center - IQVIA - December 24th, 2018
- resurrection-clinics.eu - August 24th, 2018
- Hacking Your Genes Has Never Been Easier - Outside Magazine - September 8th, 2017
- FDA approves first cell-based gene therapy for use in the United States - Gears Of Biz - September 8th, 2017
- Quick Hits: Withdrawn Leukemia Drug Returning, Drugmaker in $58M Settlement Over Sales Reps, and More - MedShadow (registration) (blog) - September 8th, 2017
- FDA Approves New Cancer Treatment - Alive For Football - September 5th, 2017
- Global Cancer Biological Therapy Analysis & Forecast 2016 to 2023 - Digital Journal - September 5th, 2017
- How one California county is fighting high-priced surgeries - Los Angeles Times - September 2nd, 2017
- New 'hit-and-run' gene editing tool temporarily rewrites genetics to treat cancer and HIV - GeekWire - September 2nd, 2017
- Australian Market Declines - Markets Insider - August 29th, 2017
- New Stanford drug saves child with deadly genetic disease - The Mercury News - August 25th, 2017
- Orphan Diseases Market Key Players analysis ... - Digital Journal - Digital Journal - August 25th, 2017
- Gene Editing in Human Embryos Leaps ForwardHere's the Science - Singularity Hub - August 22nd, 2017
- Global Cancer Biological Therapy Market 2017 Size, Development Status, Type and Application, Segmentation ... - Digital Journal - August 22nd, 2017
- Traditional Therapy Clinics Ltd (TTC.AX) Money Flow Index Levels in Focus - Stock Daily Review - August 22nd, 2017
- Sodium Iodide Symporter for Nuclear Molecular Imaging and ... - August 13th, 2017
- Biological bypass shows promise in coronary artery disease - Medical Xpress - August 12th, 2017
- Cardiovascular disease cure? One session of THIS could help treat condition - Express.co.uk - August 9th, 2017
- Understanding the muscle behind global duchenne muscular dystrophy market - WhaTech - August 9th, 2017
- Proton Therapy: How It Could Change The Outcome of Paediatric Cancer - HuffPost - August 5th, 2017
- Wilson's Disease Market: Unmet Needs of Patient Population to Inspire Players for Improved Treatment Options - Edition Truth - August 5th, 2017
- In a first, scientists edit fatal gene mutation out of DNA - Asheboro Courier Tribune - August 4th, 2017
- Head and Neck Cancer Therapeutics Market is Expected to Generate Huge Profits by 2024 - MilTech - July 12th, 2017
- Cancer Biological Therapy market is rising with potential rate at CAGR of 4.7 % till 2023 - MENAFN.COM - July 11th, 2017
- Alternative Cancer Clinics - Immunotherapy for Cancer - July 8th, 2017
- Advanced Gene-Targeted Therapies - Alternative Cancer Clinics - July 8th, 2017
- Cure for ageing could lie in gene therapy | WIRED UK - July 1st, 2017