Regenexx SCP platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy is being offered by Dr. Attaman in Seattle and Bellevue. Feel free to call us at206-395-4422 (Seattle) or 425-247-3359 (Bellevue), or schedule an appointment online.
We are Washingtons only licensed Regenexx network clinic. Regenexx SCP is the most advanced form of PRP available in the world with the most research to support its use.
Regenexx SCP platelet rich plasma therapy is an injection of a concentrated mixture of the patients own blood. Platelet Rich Plasma injections have been shown to relieve acute and chronic pain and accelerate healing of injured tissues and joints. The injured tissues are oftenhealed by Regenexx SCP platelet rich plasma therapy, in contrast to steroid injections which generally suppress symptoms. Many patient turn to Regenexx SCP platelet rich plasma because it is a way to heal damaged tissue, and because more conventional treatments such as steroid injections and surgery have failed them in the past. However, some physicians and patients believe the best pathway is to treat damaged tissues with Platelet Rich Plasma therapy before steroid injections or surgery are attempted! That said, no treatment is ideal for all conditions, and a comprehensive clinical consultation is required to know whether Regenexx SCP platelet rich plasma is good for your particular issues. If Regenexx SCP platelet rich plasma is not for you, Dr. Attaman has many other treatment options that are likely to be appropriate.
Conditions aided by Regenexx SCP platelet rich plasma include chronic back pain, chronic knee pain, achilles tendonitis,plantar fasciitis, meniscus tears, osteoarthritis of the spine, sacroiliac joint hyper mobility, hip and knee injuries, ligament sprains, rotator cuff tears, lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow), medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow), and tendon injuries (tendonopathy). Platelet Rich Plasma therapy can also be applied to many other locations in the body.
Regenexx Super Concentrated Platelets vs. Standard PRP
The limited blood supply and poor healing properties of ligaments, cartilage and tendons may make treatment necessary after injury. Unlike medications that dont treat the underlying cause of pain, Platelet Rich Plasma can accelerate the healing process eliminating the cause of pain.
The Platelet Rich Plasma process begins by taking a sample of the patients blood from their vein. Most physicians take a very small sample of 5-10 mL. Such a small sample is easier to obtain and process, but results in a poorly concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma solution. In contrast, Dr. Attaman takes a minimum 60 mL sample up to 240 mL; this allows Dr. Attaman to produces a VERY concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma injectate very dense in platelets and healing factors.The blood sample is then processed using the patentedRegenexx SCP platelet rich plasma protocol in our laboratory. Our laboratory is state of the art and more advanced than almost all others in the state.
We use this laboratory to separate the blood into its primary components platelets and white blood cells, plasma, and red blood cells. Our laboratory includes a clean hood, centrifuges, cell counters and microscopes. Using the patentedRegenexx SCP platelet rich plasma process, we concentrate the platelets to a very concentrated form for re-injection.
A portion of the plasma is removed. The patients concentrated platelets are mixed with the remaining plasma to form a concentrated solution. This platelet rich solution is then injected into and around the injured tissues. Most physicians perform these injections blindly, which means the injections are done without any sort of image guidance. Such physicians will often suggest 5 or more Platelet Rich Plasma injections are required. They require so many injections simply because they are missing the target most of the time.
In contrast, Dr. Attaman performs all Platelet Rich Plasma injections using ultrasound or X-ray image guidance. This allows for much enhanced safety, accuracy, and efficacy. Generally only 1-2 Platelet Rich Plasma injection treatments are needed. Dr. Attaman can directly visualize the damaged tissues under ultrasound, and ensure that 100% of the Platelet Rich Plasma is deposited into injured tissue only. This also allows Dr. Attaman to perform an advanced technique called needle tenotomy, which is when the needle is used to break up scar and calcium deposits in the injured tissue, and prepare the tissue for better healing.
The concentrated platelets release many growth factors that promote a natural immune response. Macrophages specialized white blood cells rush in to remove damaged cells and prepare the tissue for healing.
Stem cells and other cells multiply, repair and rebuild the damaged tissue. This accelerated healing response reduces pain, promotes increased strength, and improves joint function. Healing after Platelet Rich Plasma therapy occurs over a period of many weeks. Generally patients will not see significant changes in their chronic pain until the 6-12 week mark. Some people obtain relief faster than this but this is generally an exception.
The entire Platelet Rich Plasma treatment process takes about an hour the patient will be able to go home the same day. Full recovery from the injection usually occurs within three days of the procedure. Specialized physical therapy is often prescribed after Platelet Rich Plasma injection to accelerate the healing process. Many patients require one to two treatments before the injured tissues are completely healed and they return to a normal active lifestyle. The good news is that some studies indicate that the healing process continues for as long as a year after Platelet Rich Plasma injection therapy, and possibly beyond. This suggests that as time goes on after Platelet Rich Plasma injection therapy, the treated tissues continue to get healthier and stronger.
Read the original:
Regenexx Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) in Bellevue and ...
- Dr. Raj & Stem Cell Therapy Innovation - LATF USA - October 18th, 2019
- Joint Pain Injections Market By New Business Developments, And Top Companies | Allergan Plc, Pfizer, Sanofi - Healthcare News - October 17th, 2019
- PRP and IRAP: Where nature meets science in horse injury treatment - Horsetalk.co.nz - Horsetalk - October 15th, 2019
- Protective mediators help heal tendon cells by attacking inflammation - Health Europa - October 15th, 2019
- Injection therapy has many faces | News, Sports, Jobs - Marquette Mining Journal - October 9th, 2019
- Michelle Wie exclusive interview: How golf's great prodigy grew up - The Telegraph - October 9th, 2019
- Understanding When and How to Treat Inflammation - Flagstaff Business & Online News | Northern Arizona Local Newspaper - Flagstaff Business News - October 6th, 2019
- Platelet-rich plasma treatment for hair loss: Is PRP therapy effective and safe? - Times Now - October 1st, 2019
- Plymouth Argyle trio get special injections to speed up their recoveries from injury - Plymouth Live - September 28th, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Market to Expand with Increasing Demand for Cosmetic Surgeries - The Midland Weekly - September 25th, 2019
- 49ers pass rusher Dee Ford will play through knee tendinitis this season - 49ers Webzone - September 25th, 2019
- Best Anti-Aging Tips and Products for Skin and Hair - HarpersBAZAAR.com - September 25th, 2019
- Rays' Tommy Pham: Hampered by multiple injuries - CBSSports.com - September 21st, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Got Scalp Injections For A Bald Spot - Glamour UK - September 21st, 2019
- Bell, Marte hope to return before season's end - MLB.com - September 21st, 2019
- Donations For OVC Lameness Research - Standardbred Canada - September 19th, 2019
- The global platelet-rich plasma market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 14% - Yahoo Finance - September 18th, 2019
- Revolutionary Cosmetic Skin and Sexual Wellness Treatments Are Coming to Central New Jersey - P&T Community - September 18th, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma for hair loss: Does it work? - Global Village space - September 18th, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Got Scalp Injections to Treat a Bald Spot - Glamour - September 18th, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Just Got PRP to Fix a Bald Spot - NewBeauty Magazine - September 18th, 2019
- 5 Treatments Derms Say You Should Never Buy on Groupon - NewBeauty Magazine - September 18th, 2019
- Archer (right shoulder) done for season - MLB.com - September 18th, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Thinning Hair - NewBeauty Magazine - September 18th, 2019
- Highlights of the BMC series: August 2019 - BMC Series blog - BMC Blogs Network - September 18th, 2019
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection Procedure - Sports-health - September 14th, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injection Therapy - Youth Corridor Clinic - May 26th, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma | Medford | Ashland | Southern Oregon - March 23rd, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma PRP injections for Plantar Fasciitis - March 23rd, 2019
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections for knee osteoarthritis ... - March 8th, 2019
- How Revolutionary Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections For Dogs ... - March 8th, 2019
- Does Medicare Cover Platelet-rich Plasma Injections - February 7th, 2019
- Houston Platelet Rich Plasma - houstonsportsmedicine.com - January 28th, 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) : Dr. Jonathon ... - January 24th, 2019
- Platelet-Rich Plasma For Arthritis | Dr. Colin MacLeod ND - November 20th, 2018
- PRP Injections as Treatment for Pain - AAOM - November 11th, 2018
- Autologous Blood Injection (ABI) & Platelet Rich Plasma ... - November 3rd, 2018
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections, PRP Injections ... - August 1st, 2018
- What Are Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections? - July 13th, 2018
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) - OrthoInfo - AAOS - July 13th, 2018
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection Therapy & Treatments - June 25th, 2018
- Top Six Reasons Why Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections Fail ... - June 22nd, 2018
- Platelet-Rich Plasma For Arthritis | Halifax Naturopathic ... - October 4th, 2017
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy for Osteoarthritis ... - September 20th, 2017
- Quick scouting report on Milwaukee Brewers call-up Taylor Williams - Brew Crew Ball - September 3rd, 2017
- Education briefs - Port Townsend Leader - September 1st, 2017
- Running Doc on how to treat Plantar Fasciitis - New York Daily News - September 1st, 2017
- Here's Some Safer Methods To Replace Face Tightening Surgeries - News18 - September 1st, 2017
- Hair Loss Got You Down? Platelet-Rich Plasma May Regrow It ... - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Platelet-rich plasma injections for osteoarthritis of the ... - August 22nd, 2017
- POINT OF VIEW: Battle opioid crisis by treating pain without narcotics - Palm Beach Post - August 22nd, 2017
- Bears continue to mix and match on O-line with Kyle Long limited ... - Chicago Sun-Times - August 19th, 2017
- Sports hype of platelet-rich plasma 'powerful marketing tool' but distorts the science - CBC.ca - August 19th, 2017
- Study: Implicit hype? Representations of platelet rich plasma in the news media 5 things to know - Becker's Orthopedic & Spine - August 19th, 2017
- First-in-man intraglandular implantation of stromal vascular fraction ... - Dove Medical Press - August 19th, 2017
- When should you see a podiatric surgeon? - WTOP - August 19th, 2017
- Sabathia on DL because of knee; Montgomery back - Daily Astorian - August 12th, 2017
- Felix Hernandez, Hisashi Iwakuma remain hopeful of return to the Mariners' rotation - Seattle Times - August 10th, 2017
- Should You Think Twice About Cortisone? - HuffPost - August 8th, 2017
- For Redskins Coach Jay Gruden, in some cases, less is more - The ... - Washington Post - August 5th, 2017
- Thunder journal: Focus turns to Alex Abrines' health entering EuroBasket - NewsOK.com - August 3rd, 2017
- Healing Osteoarthritis with Stem Cells - Anti Aging News - August 3rd, 2017
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections - Hedley Orthopaedic Institute - July 9th, 2017
- Alternative treatments for knee arthritis - Palm Beach Post - July 9th, 2017
- Mariners shut down Hisashi Iwakuma's throwing program - The Seattle Times - July 7th, 2017
- Ask a Vail Sports Doc column: Cartilage restoration techniques for the knee - Vail Daily News - July 7th, 2017
- Surgery fit for a human, helps a gorilla feel more in his prime - WGN-TV - July 1st, 2017
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy and Osteoarthritis - PRP ... - November 21st, 2016
- Platelet Rich Plasma - L.A. Beauty Skin Center - November 15th, 2016
- Platelet-rich plasma: intra-articular knee injections ... - November 14th, 2016
- Platelet-rich plasma - Wikipedia - October 29th, 2016
- Connecticut & New England PRP Platelet-Rich Plasma ... - September 23rd, 2016
- What is PRP therapy? | OrthoNC - September 11th, 2016
- Platelet Rich Plasma - Biocellular Renerative Medicine - October 31st, 2015
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injections - Dr. Thomas F ... - October 30th, 2015
- The 5-Steps Behind Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections - October 15th, 2015
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) - Dr. Hal Brown - October 15th, 2015
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections - Sports Medicine Specialists - October 12th, 2015
- PRP Injections | Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment for Heel Pain - October 12th, 2015
- Platelet Rich Plasma - PRP - New Jersey - Dr E Magaziner - September 25th, 2015